Edison & Ford Winter Estates Reviews

Edison & Ford Winter Estates 5
Edison & Ford Winter Estates 6
Edison & Ford Winter Estates 7

Shanel · Married on 01/19/2013

Our wedding held at the Edison & Ford Estate Homes in Fort Myers was amazing! It was our own fairytale day. Every aspect of the was absolutely beautiful! The grounds of the property is such a breathtaking setting for a wedding! All of our guests raved about the venue! We have been back to the Edison home since the day of our wedding and we still love all aspects of visiting the property and the history which surrounds it. Tori Lawless was our Event Coordinator and fabulous in every way from beginning to end! She made us feel wonderful through the entire time of planning our wedding and for our wedding day!!!!! We loved it... loved it... loved it!!!!!!!! Thank you to the Edison & Ford Estate Homes!!!!

Sent on 05/20/2013

Trish,

Have you opened up your own wedding planning business yet?! You were one of the most organized brides we've ever had! It paid off - your wedding was so beautiful! We had a great time working with you and your family and hope to see more of you guys!

Lyndsey · Married on 01/12/2013

Our wedding at the estates was so beautiful, everyone of our guests absolutely loved it! Tori Lawless, the event coordinator made our day flow flawlessly!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Lyndsey,

Your wedding really was so beautiful! As were you! It was a pleasure working with you. Best wishes!

Kristen · Married on 12/29/2012

We had originally picked out the Estates for the history and the beautiful grounds. It was quite difficult to find any other venue that had the look and feel that the Edison & Ford Winter Estates has. I had only visited it once as a child and remember how it was the perfect venue. My husband and I ended up planning the wedding from California as we were moving back to Florida after the ceremony. Tori was extremely helpful in coordinating all aspects of the wedding. Although we only had 8 of us, our parents and two friends present, from the second we arrived it was extremely organized. They were extremely careful to make sure my husband and I didn't see each other before the ceremony. They picked me and my maid of honor up on a golf cart and brought us to the first look location. In my opinion, that was the most magical part of the day. The grounds are so intimate and romantic.

From there we had the ceremony in Palm Tree Alley. I did notice how they made it as private as possible, keeping the tourists out of the way. Tori and her assistant helped our our photographer as he had a lot of extra equipment to carry around. After an hour, they started to feel like part of our family as we were all joking and having a good time. It was such a fun experience taking photos on the grounds, everyone was having a blast. They helped out with the locations (since we were't 100% familiar with the grounds) and really gave us some amazing shots. Our parents and two friends had so much fun! The setting is gorgeous and they planned everything out so well that nothing felt rushed.

I could re-live that day every year if possible. There is something extremely special about the Estates and I couldn't have been happier about how our wedding day turned out as everyone has wonderful memories to look back on.

Sent on 05/17/2013

Kristen,

We had such a wonderful time working with you and really enjoyed spending time with your family and friends on the wedding day. We were so happy to have been a part of this day and it's so touching to read this wonderful review. We do hope that you'll come back each year to "relive" that day! By the way, we still haven't seen your photos - send us a few when you get a chance. We just know they must be breathtaking!

Courtney · Married on 05/07/2012

I LOVED MY WEDDING! It was so wonderful, and a HUGE part of that was the fantastic venue along with their fantastic service! I threw a lot of details at the Event Coordinator, Tori, and she handle them all flawlessly! I could not have been more happy with my experience, and the beauty of the property added so much to my vision! This is a great venue with an even better coordinator!

Sent on 05/15/2012

Edison & Ford Winter Estates's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Courtney. It truly was an honor and a pleasure to work with you on your wedding.

Ginger · Married on 04/27/2012

From the moment I saw the Edison Home I knew it was where I wanted to be married. Every location there is postcard beautiful! Our wedding was a fairytale come true! Tori as well as the rest of the staff are incredible to work with, and to put it simply, great people! We couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 05/27/2012

Hi Ginger,

We are honored by your praise! It's not everyday that we have wedding photographers as our wedding clients! We cannot wait to see the photos of your wedding!

Breen · Married on 03/24/2012

Tori was great!! Made sure everything ran perfectly. She did a wonderful job and was always very attentive to our needs from the day we booked until the day we said I do.

Sent on 05/16/2013

Edison & Ford Winter Estates's reply:

Thanks for the great review, Breen! I had a great time working with you as you planned!

Angeline · Married on 01/21/2012

We picked this venue because it is close to our home and it's such a beautiful historical site. We had no idea how helpful Tori would be. The event went on worry-free because of the wonderful staff.

Sent on 06/29/2012

Edison & Ford Winter Estates's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, Angeline. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you & Nick on your wedding day! We hope to see our neighbors often!

Michelle · Married on 11/19/2011

We had our ceremony at the Edison Estates (reception was held elsewhere). The location is perfect for anyone who is looking for a unique outdoor wedding in a historic location. Tori was a rock star - she knows exactly what she is doing and was very helpful throughout the process. On the day of my wedding everything was flawless - she took care of everything.

Sent on 05/21/2012

Michelle,

Thank you for the great review! I had a great time working with you & your family as you planned your wedding. It's always a pleasure to work with such wonderful people!

Cassie · Married on 09/23/2011

The staff of the Edison home was so great! Whenever I had a question or needed ideas for my ceremony they were always there for a helping hand.

Sent on 05/19/2012

Cassie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure to work with you and your family as you planned your wedding last year! We hope to see you and your husband around the grounds from time to time :)

Melissa · Married on 04/30/2011

The Edison & Ford Winter Estates did a fantastic job, especially the coordinator Tori. From our first meeting with Tori we KNEW that we were in 'good hands'. Our ceremony location on the property was at the Coconut Grove. We couldn't have picked a better spot! It was right on the water and it was everything we thought it would be.

Sent on 06/24/2011

Melissa & Richard,

Thank you so much for the positive review! It was a pleasure working with you and your families as you planned this incredible day!

Denise · Married on 04/16/2011

The site was beautiful and right on the river. The staff was friendly and attentive. Was a great location.

Sent on 04/26/2011

Edison & Ford Winter Estates's reply:

Thanks for the great review, Denise! I had a great time working your wedding - what a fun bunch of people!

Dawn · Married on 11/06/2010

Tori really helped us feel comfortable with the whole wedding ceremony planning from begining to end. We were confident that we could rely on her expertise, being that we were an out of state couple and could not visit the grounds often. The Estates and the Services provided were exactly as she said they would be and she really went above and beyond to address any requests or concerns that we had.

Dawn & Marty,

Thank you for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure to assist you both as you planned your destination wedding!

Christy · Married on 03/20/2010

Our wedding was made into one amazing and breathtaking event. Tori was incredible. She helped with every aspect of our ceremony. People are still talking about our pictures and their experience at Edison.

Christy & Carl,

You two were so much fun to work with! You both have been through a lot and it made the wedding that much more beautiful! You didn't see it, but I was tearing up a little in the back row!

Aleta · Married on 03/07/2009

Everything went very smooth. We had a small wedding on the Edison property. We had rental chairs brought in the evening befo 4 tier wedding cake. They had no limit to the flavors and kept telling me to g

Edison & Ford Winter Estates's reply:

Thank you for the great review!

Amber · Married on 10/18/2008

Highly recommend the Edison & Ford Winter Estates. They were very helpful and made my day wonderful!!

Sent on 06/09/2009

amber · Married on 08/28/2003

This venue was absolutely gorgeous. It was everything I wanted and we fell in love with the Mysore tree! Corinne and Kelsey took amazing care of all of us on the day of the wedding. I planned this wedding for a year and Corinne made the planning so easy! She contacted me frequently and helped with everything!!! I would not have changed a thing! The service and grounds were perfect.

Sent on 11/26/2017
    Edison & Ford Winter Estates 8
    Edison & Ford Winter Estates 9
    Edison & Ford Winter Estates 10

Jennifer · Married on 06/15/2012

Tori Lawless, the event coordinator at the Estates, is fantastic. She will give you a clear and accurate idea of what to expect from the Estates. She is great to come to for opinions on all aspects of your wedding, including other vendors, timelines, decorations, etc. She is honest, blunt, and extremely helpful. The Estates itself is a gorgeous place to have a wedding, with plenty of locations to choose from for the actual ceremony location. Any location you choose will not disappoint you, as you will have the opportunity to take photos throughout the property. The price is not unreasonable and they really do take care of you on your wedding day.

Sent on 06/19/2012

Jenny,
    It was so good to work with you guys on your wedding day - even in the rain! Thank you for the kind words. We hope to see you both from time to time to celebrate your anniversary!

Ruby · Married on 02/11/2012

I had my wedding at the Edison home in the moonlight garden and it was beautiful and I loved every second of it. Although my wedding was run by two interns and my dj was not qued when the girls would be walking and there for when my bridesmaids walked down there was no music. But that was the only thing that did go wrong. Other than that it was perfect! Tori was great to work with!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Ruby,

What a lovely intimate wedding you had in the garden. We are terribly sorry that the music didn't play at the right moment for your bridesmaids. We hope that you will continue to hold the Edison Ford in your hearts as a special place.

Cgris · Married on 04/15/2015

A great time had by all.

we agree with our guests who all had a wonderful time. I would not have changed anything.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Maggie · Married on 10/26/2013

We couldn't have asked for a more picturesque, perfect venue for our intimate wedding ceremony. The staff at the Edison Ford was fantastic! Tori did such a great job making sure our day was everything we wanted and more. She even held my three month old niece while we were taking pictures - she goes above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you, Tori!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/23/2013

My husband and I were married on Fort Myers Beach, we then held a post wedding dinner that the Edison Restaurant. The food was amazing, the staff were professional and pleasant. We had hoped for a private room, but weren't able to because our party was too small. We were however able to make a reservation, and were seated within minutes of arriving, even arriving early. We will be back!

Sent on 03/16/2014

Meghan · Married on 04/19/2013

Tori was wonderful and so much fun to work with! She helped with so much more than just our ceremony venue but gave tons of great advice and recommendations. We said numerous times that if Tori left we would have changed venues.

Sent on 05/17/2013

Meghan,

It was so great to work with you two! We are really going to miss it! Please come back each year for your anniversary!

Tori

Absolutely loved the location. It was such a beautiful setting and well maintained property. I was so happy with how everything turned out and the customer service was great.

Sent on 11/30/2012

Edison & Ford Winter Estates's reply:

Thank you for the positive review!

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2017

3.5

Our wedding here was fantastic - beautiful weather, beautiful property, lots of space, not crowded with people unrelated to the guests, etc. I would recommend it wholeheartedly although there are two things you need to know: the price of booking the venue does not include the rental of any tables, chairs or equipment, so if you have your wedding here it will automatically increase the cost of your wedding by several thousand dollars when compared to a venue that has rental items for you to use included with the booking. Second, the venue is inflexible in many ways due to the fact that multiple other events are happening here at any given time and because of the fact that it is historic property. So for example, there are many things that are not allowed at weddings at this venue such as lit candles, throwing rice, etc etc etc. and no weddings can stay longer than 10 pm at night. But if you love the aesthetic, its rules don't conflict with any of your high-priority needs and it fits your budget it is absolutely a fantastic venue for a wedding! The event manager Corinne is super friendly and wonderful to work with.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Diana · Married on 06/19/2013

3.5

I absolutly love this venue... I was so sad that we weren't able to actually hold the ceremony as planned. The storm caused it to be delayed, then ultimately cancelled.
    BUT I must say that the staff I delt with were very attentive & up until it was cancelled made sure we got everything in order as we requested. This made for an easy transition since this was a destination wedding for us.

Sent on 06/30/2013

Diana,

It was such a pleasure to work with you and Bryant. We were just crushed that your ceremony had to be cancelled due to the weather. Your husband and family are such wonderful and uplifting people. It was an honor to be part of your day, even if things didn't work out quite as planned. Perhaps an anniversary vow renewal is in order for next year!