Edison & Ford Winter Estates Reviews

132 Reviews for Edison & Ford Winter Estates

• Vanessa

Vanessa Wood · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Fantastic rehearsal dinner

We had a rehearsal dinner (buffet) for 35 guest at the Edison Ford Museum. Our guests (adults, kids, engineers, and non-scientists alike) all really enjoyed looking at the exhibits in the museum and the backdrop of bougainvillea and bayon trees outside and Model Ts and historic phonographs inside, made for terrific photos.

The site event managers - Kelsi Toland and Cori Cramsey were always extremely responsive, answering emails and questions within a few hours! Most impressively, when the catering accidentally forgot half of the tables and linens for our guests (which we found out about 5 minutes before our guests were arriving!), the staff at Edison and Ford jumped into action and got us four additional tables and matching linens within 15 minutes. It was so quickly and flawlessly executed, and our guest were so engaged in the exhibits as they arrived, no one even found out and we could serve dinner on time!

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Steven

Steven Niehaus · Getting married on 04/12/2021

Great wedding reception - venue and staff A+

Cori and Kelsi did a great job with our daughter's wedding. It was an outside reception in December when it rarely rains. However, we had some bad weather, but the team was able to seamlessly adjust and work through the rain. The Edison-Ford team was great to work with as they were very flexible and accommodating. The venue was beautiful.

Sent on 01/07/2020

Sharon Niehaus · Getting married on 04/12/2021

Wonderful experience

We had a wonderful wedding reception! Even with some rain the event went off without a hitch!

Sent on 02/18/2020
  • Linda

Linda Skelton Boyle · Getting married on 01/08/2021

Perfect Spot for Family Photos

We used the Edison Ford Estate for our family photos. The staff was quick to respond to all communication and made every aspect of this project a pleasure. The venue is the perfect spot for photos or a special event. It has true elegance with the perfect touch of Florida. We will definitely use The Edison & Ford Winter Estates for future events. My whole family commented how well everything was handled. We would like to thank Cori for her help and kindness.

Sent on 08/13/2020

Linda Monroy · Getting married on 11/21/2020

Amazing team, beautiful venue

The Moonlight Garden is the perfect place for a small, intimate and romantic ceremony. From the first email I sent, Corinne provided exceptional customer service and made us feel like our wedding day was as important to her as it was to us. The day of, we had a lightning delay, and Corinne and the rest of the team were super attentive and made sure we made the best out of it. Our ceremony was simply perfect and I am so glad we chose this venue.

Sent on 08/12/2020

Cayla Wright · Married on 03/28/2020

COVID wedding

We planned to have Edison and Ford host our wedding ceremony in March. Gorgeous property, you got free access to the property for an Engagement shoot. Corrine always kept tabs to make sure everything was good, especially when COVID came out of nowhere. They were super flexible to accommodate no matter what we wanted to do. Unfortunately we ultimately decided to cancel our big wedding ceremony, but Corrine was so understanding and provided a full refund due to our situation. Great property and great people. We would’ve loved to actually have our ceremony there if we could have. But we can’t wait to do another photoshoot there in December while it’s decorated for Christmas!

Sent on 08/06/2020
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing Venue & Team

Edison & Ford (and especially Cori!) are amazing and made all my wedding dreams come true! Cori was super responsive and on top of everything, and even made time to check in with me to just see how I was feeling. The day of the wedding, some unexpected issues with other vendors came up and we unfortunately hired a wedding planner that didn’t really know what they were doing, but Cori swooped in to fix any issue as they came up. I honestly can’t say enough nice things about how thoughtful and professional the team at Edison & Ford are. The location is absolutely perfect. I’m almost sad the wedding is over because I don’t get to chat with Cori as much!

Sent on 03/23/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Anne Hargis · Married on 02/22/2020

A Perfect Venue for our Perfect Day!

We are so happy with our decision to get married at the Edison and Ford Winter Estates! From beginning planning stages to the end of our reception, our experience was positive, fun and went very smoothly. I credit this mainly to their event manager Cori who was just amazing! She was professional, super friendly, quick to respond to questions, knowledgeable and helpful in every way possible.
    The opportunities for photos on this site were endless and the sunset was breathtaking. We were marred under the giant Mysore Fig Tree, had cocktail hour on the pavilion and reception on the Ford Lawn. There's so many different options. Again, so happy with this venue and our experience and will forever be our favorite place in Southwest Florida.

Sent on 03/10/2020

Amy Andrew · Married on 01/19/2020

Bridal Shower

Not only was the venue perfect, every employee was extremely helpful and friendly. Highly recommend this fabulous location

Sent on 01/21/2020

Mary Ann Hartsell · Married on 12/27/2019

Excellent place for an engagement

The Edison Home was very accommodating in all our requests and needs. Very professional. The cost was minimal to what was available to us for use...full run of the property for the whole time and tickets for both daytime and Festival of Lights event at night for 11 people.

Sent on 12/28/2019
  • Nathan

Nathan Hartsell · Married on 12/27/2019

Surprise Proposal Success

The team at the Estates helped me plan everything from multiple states away and made sure everything went off without a hitch. From planning to execution they were helpful, responsive, timely, and a great help. It’s an amazing place to get engaged/married and I definitely recommend it.

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Dovile

Dovile · Married on 12/14/2019

Cori and her team made my wedding a fairytale

Cori and her team were flawless. And so helpful! Cannot recommend them enough. Leading up to my wedding, they answered all my questions and on the day of made me feel so at ease that all I had to focus on was walking down the aisle and saying I do! It was the perfect day .

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 12/07/2019

We said " I do" to a timeless venue

Cori was a true professional. Leading up to the big day she was amazing, but day of... Our gratitude can't be expressed. The venue was magical. The day was perfect.

Sent on 12/13/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Goen · Married on 11/11/2019

A wedding to remember

The staff and crew at the Edison & Ford Winter estate made our wedding one to remember. They venue was breathtaking! The staff made the planning and arrangements effortless. We received many compliments from our guests. We would highly recommend this venue for not only weddings, but other social events.

Sent on 12/13/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Hesse · Married on 11/11/2019

Amazing wedding

We are from Minnesota so planning a wedding in Florida was a challenge but the staff at Edison ford made it so easy and effortless. I would 100 percent recommend them to anyone and everyone!! It was beautiful and so many options for pictures!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Diane E Zura · Married on 11/02/2019

Excellent customer service!

I met with Kelsi twice, and she was extremely professional and very, very helpful. The venue is gorgeous, and they have made it a wonderful place to plan and celebrate a wedding. They are extremely reasonable and competitive price wise ,and seem to make everything seem so easy. I can't wait to say I do there!

Sent on 01/16/2019

George · Married on 10/26/2019

Excellent Venue

Corinne and Kelsi was so great to work with. They were so professional. Every time we had a question, it was answered quickly. The day of the wedding, they made sure it went smoothly and they were there the whole time, guiding us. Of course, the Estates were beautiful and romantic. It was truly a great day.

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Megan

Megan Garner · Married on 10/11/2019

Wonderful Experience; Beautiful Venue; Amazing Professionals

Our event contacts were Cori and Kelsi. They were both very accommodating- always available- professional, and they offered the perfect amount of guidance to us as we planned an event that fund-raised beyond our wildest expectations in its first year! They gave suggestions, organized our vendor arrival times, and made themselves reachable at all hours during our planning and event-day activities. Kind, professional and truly wanted the event's best interest, all while protecting the historic grounds and in keeping within the venue's guidelines. Our event attendees were absolutely amazed by the event and venue. The sunset view over the river did not disappoint! I would highly recommend this venue for a variety of reasons.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Julie Carter · Married on 09/11/2019

Wedding Review

The wedding was exceptional. Cori and her team did an excellent job coordinating the entire process so everything ran smoothly from start to finish. I would highly recommend this venue. The weather cooperated and we experienced the most beautiful sunset wedding.

Sent on 11/17/2019

Andrew Van · Married on 05/18/2019

10/10 would get married here again

Cori is amazing and will go to bat for you start to finish. She’ll provide helpful insight throughout the decision making process and during planning and was spot on for the day. Our day was perfect and she’s an awesome human being. We’re so thankful we chose the Edison Ford Estates and didn’t go with a cheesy beach wedding.

Sent on 05/22/2019

Adam Knight · Married on 04/19/2019

Outstanding Customized Service

Cori and Kelsi were amazing! They literally saved our wedding! Not only did they helped us plan, budget, and schedule the wedding we wanted but they jumped into action to make our day! Due to the very high likelihood that severe thunderstorms were going to hit in the evening during our scheduled time, we called them to see if we could move up the wedding 7 hours. Within 45 minutes we were at the site and Cori and Kelsi had cleared the area, grabbed volunteers to help, and set up a sound system to play our song as we waked down the aisle to be married just before the storms rolled in! It was perfect! Cori and Kelsi are the definitions of professionalism, flexibility, and quality!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Hanna

Hanna Sutton · Married on 04/13/2019

Cannot imagine a better venue or events team

The Edison Ford Winter Estate would be valuable enough as just a stunning venue with a historical feel and stunning landscapes. However, so much of the value in booking with Edison Ford is in the events team that comes with it. Cori and Kelsi were instrumental in making our big day go smoothly, allowing for the bride, groom, maid of honor, and guests enjoy the event without having to worry about logistics. When we had an emergency and needed to push the ceremony back a half hour the day-of (as you can imagine -- this would be a nightmare under normal circumstances), Cori didn't blink an eye and coordinated EVERYTHING so the wedding would still go off without a hitch. Looking back, it's hard to even imagine having the wedding anywhere else. When booking with Edison Ford, the bride and groom also have the option to donate a ceremonial tree. This was such a beautiful element to the wedding and something that the bride, groom, and family can return to the grounds and visit throughout the years. We are so incredibly grateful to the Edison Ford Estate, its beauty, the events team's flexibility, and giving our family the wedding we had always envisioned.

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Meaghan

Meaghan · Married on 03/27/2019

Bride and groom

Where to being?

Well let’s rewind to 2017 when my fiancé and I were looking for a venue. I was being the ‘difficult bride’ looking for a location that had a beach but without the sand and grass instead, honestly is there really such a place? We were referred to the Edison by one of our good friends who said “it’s a great place for an event and has a huge tree right in front of the river.” So we checked it out and spoke with Cori, who toured us around the property, explaining all of the great history of the place, and when we come to the tree with the river in the back, I instantly fell in love and knew right then and there that I have found my venue. Next, after explaining my budget and everything with Cori, she creates a checklist for me and would reach out to ME and get them scheduled for me! I never expected anyone to ever do that for me. She even came with me to help pick out my dress! So having Cori made wedding planning a breeze! She reached out to me a few weeks before the wedding with a questionnaire asking about all my vendors and day of contact so she wouldn’t bug me on the big day. Now comes wedding day and everything couldn’t have been more than perfect! We had Cori and Kelsi help with set up and not once was I bothered on “what goes where.” Cori met with me before my sneak peek and took me over on the golf cart so I didn’t have to walk all that way in my high heels, which helped a lot (since the property is so huge). She also would take us around during photos, again so I didn’t have to walk. We honestly felt like royalty on our wedding day, thanks to Cori! You know Cori is amazing when one of my vendors says “usually the coordinator is on my butt about time, she hasn’t said anything to me yet, she is awesome.” The day was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky, slight breeze and the just the right temperature. The property is absolutely gorgeous by itself, throw a wedding or any other events and it’s the PERFECT setting! I will recommend The Edison and Ford Winter Estates to everyone I know! Thank you for being apart of our big day!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Leslie Blalock · Married on 03/16/2019

My dreams came true

Working with Cori and Kelsi was the most effortless part of our wedding. They were able to take my lack of direction, and trust in them, and deliver the most beautiful event. The grounds of Edison and Ford is the most beautiful backdrop. And with such a massive property, photo opportunities were endless.

Sent on 03/19/2019
  • Christina

Christina Usher · Married on 03/10/2019

A beautiful day!

It is a beautiful, historic venue filled with helpful people. The day went off without a hitch - utterly perfect, I'm sure in large thanks to the venue's day-of coordinator. That woman is so on the ball she's forgotten what the ground looks like. However, the thing I enjoyed most was the flexibility of the venue. There are many places on the site that can host the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. If one doesn't suit your tastes (or a freeze happens a few days before your wedding and makes the fig tree where your ceremony is supposed to be look wonky), you can easily change to a different beautiful site. Plus, there are so many pretty places for pictures! I would use this location again in a heartbeat. Easily the best venue I visited.

Sent on 03/25/2019