Eden Gardens Reviews

Eden Gardens 7
  • Krista

Krista Marie Smith · Married on 08/16/2019

Absolutely stunning and flawless

Miss Kay is phenomenal and Jesus with catering was just so patient. Their food was excellent and I have been to weddings where the food was so so. Everyone went back for seconds. The ceremony was flawless and the venue at night is just breathtaking. I can’t begin to tell you how much my husband and I enjoyed it. Our guests were in awe and I was so happy no one had to drive to a new location after the ceremony. It’s a fairy tale oasis, and if you want to save on flowers I highly encourage it. If you haven’t booked a wedding coordinator, soltana was amazing and works with this venue often. She’s from velvet events, and handled my life that day. I could not Dream of a more perfect venue. Oh they also have a house on site to rent. Perfect for like 15 people to get ready.

Sent on 09/06/2019
    Eden Gardens 8
  • David

David · Married on 07/22/2018

Absolutely MAGICAL Venue, Food, and Service!

Eden Gardens and their entire staff is straight-up MAGICAL.

When we were deciding on Venues for our wedding, we made the mistake of viewing Eden Gardens as one of our first options, and it RUINED every other venue for us :/ We must have looked at over a dozen other venues, and none of them even came close to being as perfect as Eden Gardens.

The Venue itself is so beautiful that my wife and I took several trips there just to walk the grounds and savor the amazing sights and beautiful music. From the view of the pond, the twinkle-lights, the lush greenery, and the sounds of peacocks, it is Heaven on Earth. They even have some cute little hidden areas off-the-beaten-path, which we used for a scavenger hunt during cocktail hour. The Ceremony and reception sight were both spectacular and intimate, and it made our wedding feel like a fairytale, without being opulent.

Eden Gardens also has a partnership with Command Performance Catering (CPC), so you don’t have to worry about hiring a separate company for chairs, tables, linens, or food. And we could not believe the level of choice, quality, and service that we received from CPC. Melanie was very helpful when it came time for us to decide on linens, and gave us a lot of useful input regarding food options paired well together. And the food is delicious. Many of our guests complimented the food at the wedding, and my wife and I daydream about the day when CPC opens up an actual restaurant to eat at – Their food is THAT GOOD.

But the divine venue and incredible food aside, the best part about Eden Gardens is the service from their team. Kay was very helpful with showing us around the grounds, giving us advice, and helping us choose a date for our wedding. Soltana was AMAZING when it came down to the planning process, and she guided us through the entire planning process step-by-step, to make sure that everything was thought of. And there were a LOT of things that my wife and I did not think about (It was our first wedding), and Soltana made sure that everything was accounted for. I would definitely recommend paying a little extra to hire her as your day-of coordinator. She even helped us set up a scavenger hunt!

And the day of the wedding the entire staff was wonderful. They guided us through every part of the wedding, and made sure that my wife and I could focus on enjoying our time, while they made sure that everything ran smoothly. They even boxed up the leftover food for us! :D

Our Wedding was absolutely magical, and the venue, staff, and food at Eden Gardens were responsible for a very large part of that. Thank you SO MUCH!!!

Sent on 01/30/2019
    Eden Gardens 16
    Eden Gardens 17
    Eden Gardens 18

Allie · Married on 10/08/2017

This was the venue of all venues. Feels like you're in the perfect paradise! The compliments are still rolling in.
    Kay was so professional, and helpful in referring vendors to us. It is also a great bang for your buck. The property is gorgeous and makes for the perfect garden wedding. Only one thing we were disappointed in was the volume level of the music. It was pretty quiet and we were not allowed to make it any louder.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Curtis · Married on 05/28/2017

My wife and I had a beautiful ceremony is this slice of paradise last May. We could not have imagined a more beautiful setting. Everything went perfect and it was like a fairy tale for my princess. There were so many picturesque locations and the layout is so large that it made it very easy to separate the bridal party pre ceremony from the guests and post ceremony for pictures during cocktail hour. Soltana was a fantastic help in event day scheduling and did a great job. I highly recommend Eden Gardens for a special day you will never forget.

Sent on 07/07/2017
  • melmcknight

Melody · Married on 06/26/2016

All I can say is WOW. My husband and I originally booked another venue, to later find out it was in the process of being sold! I was devastated until we discovered Eden Gardens. I knew this was our venue the very first time I walked along it's winding paths, surrounded by twinkling lights and beautiful music. Our wedding day was nothing less than magical. Our guests and family are still talking about how beautiful Eden Gardens is... one guest remarked, "was really like being in a movie." We were on a budget, and Eden and all that it had to offer, actually came out less expensive (and WAY less work!) than our previous DIY venue. I wish I could do it all again! You really need very little decoration here... it is already beautiful.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Mary · Married on 05/30/2016

This venue is truly beautiful. We received so many compliments from our guests about how breath taking the site is. Even our Best Man, who has a gorgeous private garden in his back yard, fell in love with this garden. There is a peace and serenity here that can't be explained. It felt like our own private "Garden of Eden". The staff was wonderful and gracious. Because it is so beautiful and reasonably priced, it books very quickly. I would highly recommend booking early and having at least one alternate date. We booked 13 months in advance and were so glad we did. We had a late May wedding and the weather was amazing. It was truly a once in a lifetime memory!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Genesis · Married on 05/28/2016

Don’t be fooled by the dirt road into Eden Gardens! My husband and I weren’t sure about the venue when we pulled up, BUT my god, when you step onto the property it is a HIDDEN GEM!! It was absolutely beautiful! Everyone from our wedding could not stop talking about how it was one of the most beautiful venues they have ever been to.
    The property is very well kept and has beautiful lights all over. It really was magical! Like something out of a book or movie.
    Everyone that we worked with through Eden Gardens were amazing, all of the staff, catering and the coordinator.
    We will never forget our day and experience here at Eden Gardens!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Daryll · Married on 07/03/2015

The venue was beautiful! There's nothing else to describe this amazing place. It was definitely Eden, starting off with the white peacocks, parrots and the love birds. It set up the tone of the wedding perfectly and exactly what we were going for. They were really accommodating with the recent changes they had last year...yes, we booked this place over 2 years to make sure we get it! We love it that much <3 It's a perfect place for an outside wedding and romantic lights and arches, it was just wonderful.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Melissa · Married on 06/05/2015

Eden Gardens was everything we could have ever wanted in a wedding venue. The beautiful, natural setting was the perfect backdrop to the perfect day. The only downside is that you have to end the reception by 11pm and be completely out by midnight...be prepared for this as the wedding goes by quickly! The place really does have a very special quality to it, especially at night. We definitely recommend Eden Gardens if you are looking for a gorgeous picturesque setting for your wedding!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Cindy · Married on 05/30/2015

The Wedding coordinator for Eden Gardens is Kay and she is THE BEST! She has so much experience, knowledge and wisdom and is so helpful! The venue speaks for itself! Absolutely gorgeous. You feel like you are in Paradise! Command Performance Catering does the catering for the reception and they are wonderful as well. Many different options to fit your budget!

Sent on 03/12/2015

Eden gardens was a dream come true location! It offered everything I wanted in my wedding. The Catering company (Command Performance) had such great selection of food that it was so hard to choose! The venue itself was breathtaking! It has beautiful gardens, lawns and even a lake with fountains. It help all our wedding photos look like we were in a secret garden. When the sun went down they had a beautiful lighting made the wedding even more magical! If your lucky to book this venue you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/20/2014

Paola · Married on 07/25/2014

Our wedding was only 3 weeks ago, but everything about it was so beautiful that I can't get it out of my head. When we began planning our wedding, my now husband and I, wanted our wedding to take place in a garden and in a climate that would not constitute of 100+ degree weather. We live in a city that is known for hot and dry summers, so we decided to travel a bit for our wedding. Through online search we came across Eden Gardens. A venue that was fairly new, but had gorgeous grounds. I booked an appointment to look at the venue with my Maid of Honor and we both fell in love with the grounds. At the time before booking, I was on vacation, but the sales representative, Abby was very responsive and able to work with us on booking the date we wanted. When we returned from vacation, we booked right away. Since the grounds were new and still making their way to being recognized, we booked the venue for a great deal. We received a day of wedding coordinator and worked with Command Performance Catering for our food. Eden Gardens has an agreement with CP Catering so that's who will take care of preparing your food should you book with them. Let me just say that the food was AMAZING! Every food item we chose was loved by our guest and we received many compliments on the staff's professionalism as well. To make it somewhat shorter, the grounds were beautiful, with a lake and greenery everywhere, it was everything that my husband and I wanted for our wedding. Furthermore, the day of coordinator, Kay and Abby with the rest of the CP staff had the day running smoothly. Everything was organized and we truly enjoyed ourselves. Even after the day of the wedding, when we realized, no one had received our wedding cake to take home, I called Abby and she let me know they were saving it for us and that we could pick it up when we had the chance. It was a lovely experience to work with the staff and to have held our wedding at the gorgeous venue that is Eden Gardens.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Kodee · Married on 05/03/2014

Eden Gardens is absolutely fantistic. We actually came across this venue before we were officially engaged and knew this was where we were going to get married. Everything about this venue is amazing. When you walk in, you feel like you are in a different world. Kay, the onsite coordinator, was amazing. She was always so helpful and without her, my wedding definitely wouldn't have been the same. The catering coordinator, Abby, was also wonderful. We have received countless compliments about not only the unique and beautiful venue but about the delicious good! If you are looking for something different than anything else you have seen I would most definitely recommend checking Eden Gardens out! From the beautiful layout, the fountains, lake lights, the hidden nitches, white peacocks, and the bell they can ring when you become husband and wife...Eden gardens in like nothing you have ever experienced before.

Sent on 05/16/2014

Jaclyn and Dan · Married on 10/05/2013

We fell in love with this venue right away and had to book it! It is a large venue and around each turn is something even more amazing! We had so many compliments! From the entryway with exotic birds and the beautiful flowers, fountains, and arches. We had the dreaded Santa Ana winds blow through the weekend of our wedding. They had the grounds all cleaned up that you would have never guessed that that very same morning our back yard fence and large tree blew over in the winds. The area is surrounded by trees so even though it was windy outside it was more of a pleasant breeze inside the venue! The sound of the water, the spacious area, and the lights at night, everything was better than we could have imagined. Many thanks to George, Kay and Abby!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/02/2018

This venue is absolutely gorgeous - it's super lush. You would have no idea this place exits if you weren't looking for it, but I feel that's part of what makes it special. What's really magical is how the whole place is lit up at night with lights in the trees and lighted archways and market lights. I also really liked that yours is the only wedding happening there, so you never have to worry about running into another bride on your big day. There are separate areas for the ceremony (overlooking the lake), cocktail hour, and the reception. I loved that this allows guests to experience the whole venue. Both the bar and buffet area are built in, which I thought made them both look a lot classier than if it had been brought in and set up. You're required to use their Caterer, Command Performance, but their food is so good that I felt it just saved us the hassle of researching caterers. They also use Velvet Alley Events as the day-of Coordinator, who we were very happy with.
    The only thing I wasn't so fond of was the bridal trailer and the groom's area (outdoors). I just felt there should be something a little classier for brides to get ready at such a nice venue, and it would be nice for the grooms to have somewhere that's air conditioned. We ended up getting ready at a nearby hotel, so it wasn't really a problem for us. There was also some confusion with Kay regarding our insurance about 2 weeks before the wedding that caused unneeded stress. She ended up getting it fixed for us, but it's something she should have either told us about well in advance or found a solution before contacting us. Anyway, that was minor compared to our overall experience with the venue.
    I personally feel it's the most beautiful venue in the area, and I would definitely recommend it to others.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Marissa · Married on 07/07/2017

Me and my husband got married here on July 7th of this year. Kay was very sweet and very responsive to questions. This place was absolutely stunning. The gardens are immaculate with beautiful blooms. The multiple fountains and ponds were gorgeous. We got so many compliments on our venue and were so happy with it. It was 104 degrees on our day,but it was still beautiful. The only thing that could be improved was the grooms dressing area. It's outdoor, and can be really hot. The other thing that is pretty common with most venues is that you have to use their catering company and coordinator. There is also a minimu guest count of 100. But we were able to select our own DJ, photographer, officiant, and cake. Overall, we were very happy with our choice to have our wedding here.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Food prices were a bit high but the food was really amazing.

Staff was wonderful and flexible

Venue was amazing

Sent on 12/23/2014

Eden Garden's is a hidden treasure of Moorpark. My fiancé and I looked at many of the venues and when we arrived at Eden gardens we knew it would be perfect. We wanted a venue where we could have our ceremony and reception. It was important to us for the venue to have separate areas for each part of the wedding to make our guest feel they were not at the same location. Eden Gardens is breath taking. The pond in the middle makes the venue look huge. It has many different flowers around that allows for minimal decorations. We are so excited to be getting married at Eden!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Jamee · Married on 06/17/2017

We stumbled on this place. We knew we wanted the food catered by Command Performance, and this was one of the venues they cater. It was our first stop, and the only one we needed. The venue is absolutely unreal. It's a hidden away gem in Moorpark. You'd never know it was there. The gardens are gorgeous, the lake and water fountains are just magical, the white peacocks and aviary are a beautiful touch, and my husband (the fisherman) was sold with the koi fish in the pond. I can't wait to see our pictures from this place. Kay was a great resource and helped move the process along nicely.

Items for consideration: I should state that the venue and caterer are cash only. This was a bit of a headache for us, but it may not be a headache for everybody. The venue, as it is outdoors, is only available until 10:30 or 11 pm and there is a noise ordinance and a volume limit for the dj. You will have to pay for security and for parking/valet. It will be almost impossible to get only 100 guests to park their cars (as they count guests, not cars), so plan to get the valet which will be about $1,000 or more. The venue is a bit out of the way, so unless you live in one of the neighboring towns it'll be a bit to Uber. One of the hotels in the area provides a limited shuttle for their hotel guests to go back and forth to the venue.

All in all, the place was beautiful and our guests felt transported to a secret hideaway paradise: what every couple hopes to create.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Stefanie · Married on 09/04/2016

Eden Gardens is just a gorgeous oasis. We had so many of our guests compliment how stunning the venue is. It is lush and green, with twinkle and bistro lights everywhere, beautiful fountains, small attentions to detail that really make the garden a gorgeous wedding venue site. There are beautiful peacocks, amazing iron work, and really is just beautiful everywhere you look. You absolutely have to go see it for yourself. It's a dream. They have a few vendors that you work with. One person shows you the site and she disappears as soon as she shows it to you, another company coordinates, and another caters and manages the site so that can all be a bit confusing, but overall I would never choose a different venue for our wedding. It was a magical evening in a magical place. The owner is the nicest person you'll ever meet and you can tell that your happiness with the venue goes a long way. We are so pleased and thankful we found Eden Gardens for our wedding.

Sent on 09/08/2016

3.5

When my husband and I saw Eden Gardens for the first time, we fell in love with the venue right away and knew that this was the place we wanted to get married! It is a hidden jewel in Moorpark! Eden Gardens is just beautiful: tree-lined entrance with a pathway that leads to a surprising aviary with beautiful white peacocks and various birds, a grass area for the wedding ceremony (actually, there are two spots to choose from), a separate cocktail area, and a separate amphitheater for the reception. All of these areas surround a beautiful lake with a fountain in the center. It was such a perfect venue for our wedding - we received so many compliments from our guests, and we just enjoyed the whole experience there. Kay, who gives the tour of the place, is so wonderful! She is full of life and is just so friendly! If you have anything that you would like to request or recommend in terms of the garden itself, George is the person to talk to. He is really helpful and will try to trim certain plants to make it look the way you'd like it to. One restriction with Eden Gardens is that you have to go with their catering services, Command Performance. Abby is in charge of this and she was just such a lovely person also! It was a little difficult to get a hold of her (due to her really busy schedule), but in the end, she'll get you through with the details you've requested (and with maybe a little more, if you're lucky =P). Overall, we were extremely happy with the outcome of the night and having selected Eden Gardens as our wedding venue.

Sent on 01/16/2016

Tasha · Married on 10/11/2015

3.5

I LOVE Eden Gardens. I booked my wedding here, and am so excited about it. From the lighting and setup of the venue to the service provided by everyone involved (Catering, Walk-through, Coordinator etc) has been great. Though a little pricey, the services and options they provide is great. It's my dream wedding location!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Nancy · Married on 09/02/2013

3.0

Eden Gardens was the most perfect venue ever!!! And yes, I know, because we traveled to 3 different states and spent months finding a venue, and this is the one we finally went with. The garden setting is just magical. If you have the opportunity, go to their Bridal Showcase, which is done extremely well and really helps you visualize your wedding evening.

We also couldn't have asked for anyone better than Kay to coordinate the event. At first, we were really worried and wanted to get an outside coordinator, but we had great rapport with her and decided to save the money. We were really glad we did because she was just so great, responsive, and on top of things. I like the fact that she does events other than weddings at Eden Gardens and her experience shows.

I'm still not sure what to think about Command Performance, though. Honestly, Abby is the sweetest person ever and she was extremely helpful on everything...if you could get a hold of her, that is. She constantly ignored emails and hardly ever answered her phone, which created a lot of anxiety and stress for us because a lot of decisions relied on her. It really made me wish Kay was the main contact instead of her. In fact, in general, up until the event, they didn't get things set up on time and even set things up wrong. However, in the end, Command Performance surprised us and REALLY pulled through. They were super professional at our wedding, made some kick-butt awesome food (people are still raving to us about the jumbo shrimp!), and took care of each and every guest.

The venue isn't the cheapest, but not too expensive, either. They were very generous to us for having a wedding on Monday, which saved us a ton of money. They have BYO alcohol, which was also a huge cost savings, too. Be aware their rental prices are a bit high, but the venue is really set up so that if you didn't do much in terms of rentals or flowers, you can still have a gorgeous wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2013
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/19/2019

4.2

Garden of elegance

This venue was truly a magical place. Everyone could not stop talking of how fairytale and whimsical the garden was. Its like a maze, I get lost every time I visited. Beautiful tall trees, water and fountains, a bird sanctuary with white peacocks and more, twinkle lights to line the arches and such soothing music put the right touch on the evening. I decided on a 5:30PM ceremony in September....ahhhhh! With the sun setting, the sky was glowing around us and the weather was calm and serene. Truly fit for a princess!

Sent on 10/18/2019