Eddie Whipp's Dining Hall Reviews

11 Reviews for Eddie Whipp's Dining Hall

• Niarike

Nicole · Married on 10/13/2018

Responsive, Personable, and Easy to Work With

Eddie Whipp's was amazing to work with for our wedding. They only do one event per night so when you book with them you essentially get 3 rooms for the guests to wander through - the dining room is separate from the dance floor and then there's also the main bar area so, with our group of around 100 we had plenty of room to spread out and there would be plenty of room for groups of larger size as well.

All of the costs were listed up front and there was no weird extra fees - just a per plate cost that could be easily calculated. They were always super responsive, responding to all of my questions via email within a day or two or, if they were unable to respond for a few days, they would let us know.

They were super accommodating to our ideas and special requests and everyone was really kind. The food was amazing as well - my only regret was that we didn't have more time to eat more of it!

Sent on 11/20/2018

janet · Married on 08/12/2017

We were completely satisfied with everything at Whipp's. The staff was wonderful and the food was wonderful. Compared with the prices at other venues, their prices were very reasonable. *reception only - platinum package

Sent on 09/06/2017

Kristi · Married on 07/01/2017

Eddie Whipp's was so accommodating. They close up their restaurant on Saturdays just to be sure you're taken care of. They let us set up a day early, and let us take down the day after at no extra cost. The food was fantastic. We received so many compliments on how good the food was. My husband and I have gone back to their restaurant several times since the wedding. It's still awesome. The dining hall was elegant, and the separate dance hall next to the dining hall made for a quick transition from food to fun! I especially liked that we had a huge dance floor and stage for our DJ. We got our own bar and they provided a perfect spot for our wedding slideshow. Their wedding package includes more than anything else I've seen in Green Bay. A lot of other places will tack on additional fees left and right, whereas Whipp's doesn't. They're real down to earth people. A great family business. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/29/2016

Eddie Whipps was my first (and only!) choice for my wedding reception and they did not disappoint! They have a lot of different package options to work with your budget and their price is so reasonable! Bridget is so sweet and was absolutely phenomenal to work with. From the very beginning to the very end she was quick to respond to emails and answer any and all questions I had. She even gave recommendations for different vendors which was so helpful. I was able to get in a few days before the wedding to decorate which was a huge help and Whipps took care of all the final touches. Everything looked beautiful!! The food was amazing, as always, and the service outstanding. We received so many compliments! I would definitely recommend Whipps to anyone...their food, service, and price cannot be beat!!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Jennifer · Married on 05/22/2015

Whipps was recommended to us by a friend. We had viewed other venues and they just weren't what we were looking for, but when we viewed Whipps....Man this was it, the holy grail. This was the place. The venue is stunning. You walk into the main bar and a medium size seating area, then walk a few feet and there is the dinning hall. We had 275 people attend and it fit all of us comfortably, there was not crowding between the tables, there was adequate space and room to move around. Then in the adjoining room-so you don't feel left out of the party is the dance floor and another bar area. It was very nice to have a separate dance area so you didn't have to rush through dinner and move grandma & grandpa off the dance floor so the the bride and groom and can have their first dance. Having this separate dance room-that is VERY large, was so nice. Being able to use the dinning hall as a quiet place for mom's with little ones, or people with hearing problems if the music was too loud, and we actually put or photo booth in the dinning hall, this worked out WONDERFULLY. You didn't feel removed from the festivities at all, it actually enhanced the experience. The main bar for the wedding was in the dance area, but they did keep the other bar open, which was nice also . The venue was very flexible on decorations, they said as long as it doesn't damage anything, go ahead.
    The reception packages they have available are a great value. For being in a bigger city ( Green Bay), Whipps is on the outskirts so the pricing was a great value for everything you got.
    Whipps was a fantastic venue. The people are very friendly and flexible and respond well to emails and phone calls. I would Highly recommend Whipps to anyone looking for a reception venue in the Green Bay area

Sent on 09/16/2015

Alyce · Married on 10/05/2013

Eddie Whipp's was my first choice for my wedding reception. Their venue is spacious enough to house a large wedding, and intimate enough for dinner to allow plenty of time for guests to visit and enjoy the AWESOME food. My family was so excited to eat the famous Eddie Whipp's chicken, and they of course did not disappoint. Bridget and Mark were very helpful and available for wedding preparation and accommodated my special requests of different specialty drinks and wine. They even helped me get in touch with different vendors and bus companies. I also had the chance to decorate a little earlier in my wedding week to take stress off the wedding day, and they helped put on all of the finishing touches! I was in awe when I saw the place finished for the first time, it turned out beautifully! My guests had a blast on the dance floor and appreciated that the dinner and the dance were in separate rooms, so those who wanted to visit were not over powered by loud music. I would recommend Eddie Whipp's to any bride or person who wants to host a party!!

Sent on 10/10/2013

We were very pleased with the service for our wedding both while planning and day of the event. They were really flexible it times to visit and decorate and made us feel like family. The food was perfect and the service can't be matched. We both have been to weddings there in the past and can not remember a poor experience. We would recommend anyone to Whipp's Dining Hall for their event.

Sent on 12/23/2013

julia · Married on 08/24/2013

The whole process with the entire staff (from the owner's to the bartenders to the wait staff) was so smooth! Our guests love the food, location and space. I would recommend working with Whipp's for your wedding. You can truly tell how much the owners love what they do -- it comes through in their food and customer service. Five stars!!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Everything was great, the food was amazing, and they were very accomidating with everything!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Candis · Married on 06/22/2013

The entire team at Whipp's Dining Hall was great to work with. They were quick to respond to emails and provide answers to my many questions. They helped to make our wedding reception go very smoothly from set up to taking care of our guests. The food was great too! I would definitely recommend Whipp's to friends and family. Thanks to Whipp's for helping to make our wedding day special.

Sent on 12/01/2013
  • Angela

Angela Devroy · Getting married on 06/06/2020

Very Reasonable

The minute we walked in we knew we wanted to have our reception here! We loved how everything is set up and the price is very reasonable! Everything is listed. No hidden fees. We can't wait to have our event here!

Sent on 12/07/2018