Eclectic Sage Reviews

Eclectic Sage 6
Eclectic Sage 7

Alyssa · Married on 10/14/2018

Incredibly talented!!

Heather was such a pleasure to work with! She got my style down immediately. Just by going off of her portfolio, I knew that I could trust her with anything I brought her way. She executed everything perfectly and made my wedding day into a dream! Her style is exquisite and it's an added bonus that her personality matches it!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Julia · Married on 07/07/2018

Heather with Eclectic Sage is seriously THE BEST. She worked with me to make my visions come to life seamlessly and everything turned out even better than I anticipated. She was always willing to work with me as I tweaked my ideas and was just an all around joy to work with. She is funky and different and not afraid to go outside of the box which is what drew me to her and SHE DID NOT DISAPPOINT! I got so many compliments on my wedding day florals and I just can't stop looking at the pictures. Thank you Heather! You are so great at what you do!

Photo credit to DiPrima Photography!

Sent on 08/04/2018
    Eclectic Sage 8
    Eclectic Sage 9
    Eclectic Sage 10
    Eclectic Sage 11

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you for this wonderful review Julia and thank you for trusting me with your big day! I loved creating the details for you and being able to put a creative spin on some very classical elements to blend your unique taste. I can't thank you enough for your kind words that hopefully help future clients in their decision making!

Justine · Married on 10/14/2017

Heather, of Eclectic Sage, is not only an incredibly creative florist but also a pleasure to work with! With our limited budget, my daughter chose to focus on a floral arch and a dramatic bridal bouquet for her wedding. We opted out of elaborate table displays and used the bride’s bouquet as décor for the sweetheart table. We brought some metal geometric orbs to Heather and asked if she could create bridesmaids bouquets from them as well as incorporate on the tables. Heather relied on her exceptional expertise and talent to choose seasonal flowers that complemented the wedding colors (dresses, tablecloths, etc.) to create the most stunning pieces ever! We were beyond thrilled with what Heather and her team created. Clearly, we recommend Eclectic Sage as a wedding florist, but best to remember to “let Heather do her thing”. Don’t box her in with specific requests - show her some of what you like on (e.g. Pinterest) and let her loose to create more than what you hoped for. Yes, she is that good!

Sent on 01/01/2018
    Eclectic Sage 16
    Eclectic Sage 17
    Eclectic Sage 18

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you so much for this kind review and for the photos! I loved working with you all and am thankful that I was able to play a small part in your day! Thanks as well for the advice to future clients, it is tremendously helpful in helping build trust; which is key when I am creating custom work for each person I work with.

Gayna · Married on 05/27/2017

It is hard to find the words to describe how amazing Heather and her team at Eclectic Sage are! When my (now) husband and I first met Heather, we knew immediately that she was the perfect person to help us make our visions become a reality. She was the first and only florist we met with! Not only did she capture everything I dreamed of, she made it a million times better! We cannot thank them enough for all of the time and effort they put in to making our wedding perfect, for all of their patience with me and the many times I changed my mind, and for going above and beyond to make sure I had exactly what I wanted. The flowers were more amazing than I could have imagined. Not only is Heather super talented, she is so sweet and an absolute joy to work with! Eclectic Sage is the best, hands down!

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Eclectic Sage 19
    Eclectic Sage 20
    Eclectic Sage 21

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you Gayna for your thoughtful and kind words, you were a dream to work with. I am thrilled that you loved everything and I can't wait to see more photos! I wish you and Jonathan the best and know that you have a happy future ahead of you!

Melissa · Married on 12/29/2016

My husband and I were planning our North Carolina wedding from NYC and all my communication with Eclectic Sage occurred via email or phone call. I could not be happier with their work or the experience! Our flower budget was modest but that did not deter Heather from working with us; in fact, she was incredibly helpful in making suggestions of places where we could cut costs. And the results were lovely - the personal flowers were elegant and beautiful! Our reception space was an old industrial space; we rented a variety of floating and votive candles from Eclectic Sage and we had some simple bud vases that provided a lovely pop of color and brought an understated elegance to the space. I am very grateful to Heather, Debra and their entire team for their beautiful contributions to our day!

Sent on 02/26/2017

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa for trusting us with your day. I know from experience how difficult it can be to plan a wedding from out of town and I am glad that we were able to pull off your vision within your desired budget. We saw you from afar and you looked stunning, hope the day was fantastic!
  • Meaghan

Meaghan · Married on 10/22/2016

I can't thank Heather enough for creating the most beautiful, elegant personal flowers for our big day this past October! Eclectic Sage was already rather busy the weekend of my wedding, but they were kind enough to squeeze my wedding into their schedule, as I only needed personal flowers for our event (bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages). I talked with Heather on the phone about my vision of what the florals would look like on the big day and provided her a small selection of photos I'd like that provided me inspiration. I was a bit anxious on the big day not knowing exactly what the flowers were going to look like, but my mouth hit the floor in disbelief when my wedding coordinator brought them in to the dressing room. The Eclectic Sage team can work some serious magic! I couldn't have imagined an arrangement that was more "me". I want to thank Heather, Debra, and the rest of the team for fitting us in and creating such beauty on our big day. High quality flowers, impressive detail, gorgeous execution.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Meaghan, thank you so much for your kind words. I don't blame you at all for being anxious about not knowing what would show up the day of the wedding! When dealing with nature, you never really know what to expect. We often feel the same kind of nerves hoping that we got it right. So it really warms my heart when I hear glowing remarks that let us know we were able to achieve your vision! I wish I could have experienced the positive mouth hitting the floor reaction in person, but I am thrilled hear we caused it! Thank you again for trusting us to be apart of such an important day, we can't wait to see photos!
  • F

Francesca · Married on 10/15/2016

We cannot thank Heather and her team enough for a wonderful experience!! We met with Heather and she understood our vision and created something beyond our dreams. We are so happy with the final product. We loved everything about the florals. Our photos would not be the same without the beautiful florals that were created.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Francesca, Thank you for including us in your day. I was honored that I got to be a part of it. What a lovely blast from the past when you walked through my door for your consultation. I have loved looking at the photos of the day and can tell how much your family enjoyed celebrating with you guys! I wish you and Nicole the best in your marriage and look forward to keeping in touch.

Mary · Married on 09/24/2016

I saw Eclectic Sage's table at a bridal fair and immediately knew I wanted them to do my wedding. Heather has the most amazing eye, and even in a room full of florists putting their best foot forward, her work stands out as absolutely stunning. She helped us outfit a large reception space on a budget, which we so appreciated, and my bridal party flowers absolutely took my breath away. She also did a wonderful job with smaller details -- like a floral garland on our head table and a tiny succulent in my husbands boutonniere -- that people loved. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for flawless and interesting flowers for any event.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, you were so easy to work with and I am thrilled to hear that you guys loved everything we created for you. We put a lot of thought into all of the details we create for our couples, so it makes my heart happy when they are noticed! I can't wait to see photos from your day, I know they will be stunning. Hope you guys have a blast on the honeymoon!

Amber · Married on 09/04/2016

Heather and her team are amazing!!!!!!! I tried so hard to find images of flowers I liked for my wedding, but just couldn't find the right ones. I know what I wanted, it just didn't seem to be out there. From just one meeting with Heather, she captured my vision and created the both breathtaking flowers and arrangements. When she delivered them on my wedding day, I was speechless! All the bouquets and arrangements have life and movement to them and even my husband (who said he didn't care about flowers) loved the details of rosemary that Heather added to his boutonniere. I mentioned once that he loved rosemary, and Heather made a note of that.

Heather also helped me think of creative ideas (ie: moms held a single white rose instead of corsage, reused ceremony flowers for the cocktail hour, etc) to help stay within my budget. I wanted to donate my flowers after my ceremony, and Heather helped me find a local vendor that would take them all to a local hospital.

I can not thank Eclectic Sage enough for helping my vision for my wedding become a reality. They are an amazing group of designers that create some of the most amazing, beautiful flower arrangements I have ever seen.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you Amber for your sweet comments! I am so thrilled that we were able to play a part in your day. I can't wait to see Tim's photos, the preview shot he shared was beautiful! You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that we were able to capture your vision, we truly strive for that for all of our couples. Shawn was adorable when I took him his flowers and was very excited about the details. I wish you both the best and a wonderful and happy marriege!

Cindy · Married on 09/03/2016

Heather and her team at Eclectic Sage are absolute masters of their craft! They created a magical woodland forest setting for our wedding and reception at the Umstead Hotel in Cary. It was exactly as we imagined and even more! The amount of detail was incredible. Everywhere you looked was another beautiful detail - trees, ferns, antlers, mountains of flowers, even down to moss covered frogs hidden in the greenery. We also had our own willow arbor that we wanted to get married beneath and the Eclectic Sage folks covered it in lush, draping greenery and beautiful roses, hydrangea, etc. It was gorgeous and set the tone for the whole ceremony, along with the stunning aisle displays which showed up magnificently in photographs. Her combination of colors using deep rose, purples, pinks, and whites was rich and vibrant. When guests entered our reception it felt like walking into a woodland garden. The focal point was the cake table and Heather put a beautiful framed trellis over it with hanging gloves filled with candle and roses. The forest inspired cake was covered in an amazing garland of real flowers and was sitting on an authentic reindeer pelt that Heather was able to secure for us. My bridal bouquet was the most beautiful single piece in our whole wedding. When it was delivered I cried - I had never seen anything so perfect and so special. The entire day felt that way and it was largely due to the theme and tone set by Heather and the amazing folks at Eclectic Sage. My advice - imagine what is most beautiful to YOU, gather pictures, articulate your vision and share it with Heather. Then let go, trust her, sit back, and be amazed. We certainly were.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Cindy, your review came in yesterday right when I needed the extra push to fight for something I strongly believed in. This truly helped me remember to have confidence in our choices and to be able to bask in the reality that we get to make beautiful things that make people happy, which in turn makes me happy. Thank you for the glowing remarks and the advice to future clients! Your faith in our selections gave us the ability to truly create and bring your vision of the woodland garden to life. I wish you could have seen the hotel staff swinging by all day as the chatter moved about the building; they were all excited to see the room transform and were really inspired by your vision for the day.
    PS: I am glad to hear you liked the mossy frogs we hid. I wondered when you would notice them and hoped that they would give you a little chuckle vs. cause you to think your florist was nuts! Too bad they weren't turtles for Mark.

Cari · Married on 07/09/2016

The flowers for our daughter's wedding exceeded our expectations. We ordered the "artist choice" flower selection so Heather could use her creativity without any limitations. Debra helped us initially with selecting the flower pieces that were within our budget and suggested we allow the artist to select the flowers that were available and in our price range. That was great advice. The bouquets were gorgeous and we also used them for centerpieces at the reception. I would recommend Eclectic Sage to anybody wanting extraordinary flowers for their special day.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you so much Cari for your glowing remarks! We enjoyed creating florals for Kendall's day and are appreciative that you selected the "artist choice" and allowed us to make selections based on the information shared with us. Its great to hear that you all loved everything and were able to use the bouquets for the reception, it is wonderful when they can have dual purposes!

Jasmine · Married on 07/03/2016

Heather and her team were such an amazing addition to our wedding. Flowers were a huge part of the vision for our wedding and Eclectic Sage exceeded my wildest dreams with what they created for our day. Not everyone can take a convoluted design theme like "a midsummer night's New Orleans garden party" and turn it into something that makes sense. The Eclectic Sage team, though, ran with it and created something gorgeous that we will never forget!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you Jasmine! I loved working with your design and vision, my favorite part you left out was the Beyonce sweat quote! My job would be really boring if I didn't have fun visions to interpret! I am thankful to have awesome clients like you who make my job fun and rewarding! Thank you for having us be a part of your amazing day.

Kate · Married on 12/05/2015

Heather and the team at Eclectic Sage is amazing. Hands down.

When planning my wedding, I really didn't have a vision for flowers - nor was I too excited about picking them out. My only direction was that I wanted the florals to be harmonious with the venue, and to keep a natural, fresh neutral color palate. After my consultation with Heather and her sweet mom Debra, I was so energized and excited about what Heather would create - all WELL within my budget. That feeling was only topped when I saw everything come together on our wedding day! Heather even drove out to the middle of nowhere to collect Eucalyptus from the tree in my fiancee's front yard to incorporate it in our bouquets, boutonnières, and arrangements - SO special.

Heather and Debra made me feel as if I was the only bride they had on their books. From the first inquiry about availability for my date - to seeing them on my wedding day when they delivered the bouquets to me and my bridal party. They made me feel so at ease - and I know the personal touches and service they provided is so unique to how they operate, and speaks to their passion for the art they create.

I'm so grateful that I made the decision to work with Eclectic Sage for my wedding - amazing people (plus an adorable adopted Greyhound), amazing talent, amazing florals, amazing value.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Kate, somehow I am just now seeing that I never thanked you for your fabulous review! Thankfully we have spoken since your posted this and you know we truly loved working with you to create fabulous arrangements for your day. The winter details were so fun and whimsical but in a refined classic way, and I think that describes you too now that I think about it! So thankful that we got to meet because of your wedding and thank you again for trusting us with your big day!

Renee · Married on 11/22/2015

Heather's flowers for my daughters wedding from Eclectic Sage were totally amazing! She not only heard and understood what we wanted but she created such beautiful arrangements and bouquets and everybody was in awe of how everything came together! The colors and flowers that she picked for the theme we were going with were absolutely stunning! A thank you too to Debra, who was quick to answer any questions we had along the way! Thank you ladies for an amazing job well done!!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you so much Renee, we enjoyed working with you and Jaime to create flowers for her special day! I am so glad that you entrusted us with to make the vision come to life. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to run with it, we had a blast and are honored that we could be part of the day! Sincerly, Heather

Jaime · Married on 11/22/2015

Heather was by far one of the best investments we made into our wedding! She's not only great to work with, but is so creative and talented it was nice not to have to worry if I would like the florals the day of the wedding! We met with her and her mom in their studio for an initial consult and they went out of their way explaining things, helping answer all my questions, and even showing me some flowers and ideas they had! Last minute, I decided I wanted a floral head crown, and she graciously made that happen without a flinch and I was confident she would make something beautiful. Everyone commented on how gorgeous the arrangements were and they were truly the icing on the cake and the detail that made all our decor, colors, and theme come together! Thank you Debra and Heather for all that you did as well as your kindness throughout it all!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thanks for giving us to opportunity to create something beautiful for you. Glad we could be a part you your special day, we look forward to seeing more photos, the sneak peaks from your photographer were lovely.

Caroline · Married on 10/03/2015

Working with Heather was so easy and fun! I went into my first meeting with her not terribly excited about flowers--I'd heard how expensive they can be and was worried about getting caught up in all the hype of bouquets, boutonnieres, gigantic centerpieces, etc... Heather. was. awesome!

I never once felt like she was offended or didn't think I was worth her time when, off the bat, I told her all I wanted was a bridal bouquet, bridesmaid bouquets, and boutonnieres for the guys... No centerpieces! I was concerned about meeting with florists because I was afraid my "smaller order" wouldn't be taken care of as well as a large expensive order for the bouquets, ceremony decoration, and reception centerpieces.

Not only did she not bat an eye at my slight "indifference" or rather, fear, of the business she is in for a living, but she had fun with me and got me into it! I had some pretty crazy fun floral bridesmaid dresses that I wanted to coordinate with. I wanted simple for the bridesmaids, but classic and fun for me!

After shuffling through colors and a few flower options, I basically let Heather choose it all! She seemed confident that she knew what I was looking for and I trusted her 100% to create something amazing. I never needed to see a practice bouquet or see the flower stems before she created them... I simply was handed my bouquet before I walked down the aisle and had all the confidence in the world that it would be beautiful and perfect. And it was!

Heather was so fun and easy to work with. She created my vision from start to finish, delivered my flowers to the church, and truly made my floral experience so much fun!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you for the kind remarks Caroline! I am glad to hear that everything went well and that you were happy with what I put together for you. You were a hoot at your consultation and made the process entertaining for me as well. You had a strong vision of what you did and didn't like and that is all very helpful in the planning process. I still love your bridesmaid dresses, they were so fun and original. Hope you and Jeff had a great time at the wedding and had a fabulous honeymoon!

Liz · Married on 09/19/2015

Heather is amazing, hands down, the best.

I cannot say enough about this wonderful place. They created the utmost beautiful flowers for our wedding that screamed of our personality.

At first I was nervous to go bold and have the colorful flowers that I always wanted, but when I found Heather, I knew her creative vision was exactly what I needed in order to pull that look off.

I gave her a few photos of what I wanted and sent her my invitation to guide her.

She made all my jumbled thoughts come to life and really made that day a wonderland of awesomeness. Every arrangement I saw was perfect and I about fell over with excitement when I first saw my bouquet. It was even better than the pictures I saved or the things I had seen before. She literally made that with me in mind and that was so special.

She posted my bouquet on instagram the day after my wedding, and Southern Bride & Groom picked it up and re-grammed it, saying it was there favorite of the weekend and the perfect September bouquet. I couldn't agree more!

Debra was incredibly sweet too, I just wanted them to come attend the wedding I loved this team so much!

I ABSOLUTELY recommend working with Heather and her team!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you so much for your continued kind words and encouragement. I wish I could keep you in my pocket as a personal cheerleader, you are so awesome! I loved working with you as well and thank you for trusting me with your special day. It was really fun to create for you and your personality, I do truly try to do that for all of my clients and love it when they let me to go for it! I wish you and Seth all the of the happiest years, what a great couple.

Angela · Married on 06/20/2015

We used Eclectic Sage for our wedding back in June. They provided flowers for the church, wedding party and the reception. I was speechless when our bouquets arrived at the church. They were so beautiful that I welled up with tears. Heather did an amazing job capturing exactly what I described and envisioned. I still gush over my wedding photos that have our bouquets in them. As for reception, she created 2-3 different center pieces for our 20+ tables. Our sweetheart table also had an amazing piece on it as well. We received many compliments about the creativity, uniqueness and sophistication of her pieces. We highly recommend Eclectic Sage to anyone having a wedding in the Raleigh Durham area. Heather and Debra are friendly, prompt and professional.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you so much Angie! We loved being a part of your day and are thrilled that you have the memories of the flowers in your photographs to continue enjoying for many years to come!
  • Alice-Anne

Alice-Anne · Married on 05/30/2015

I hired Heather to do centerpieces, boutonnieres, corsages and bouquets for my wedding and I requested an uncommon mix or calla lilies and orchids. Heather was up for the challenge and delivered a spectacular array of centerpieces and bouquets that took my breath away. I specially asked for smaller centerpieces because I didn’t want to detract from the beauty of our venue. Heather created amazing, modern and sleek centerpieces complete with Picasso calla lilies, vanda orchids, white and purple lisianthus, purple tulips, Italian ruscus, white and purple hydrangea. All of my guests marveled over the beauty of the flowers at their tables. And my bouquet was killer. The delicate flowers complimented the lace in my dress better than I imagined. Heather nailed my vision and was worth every penny. Thank you for making my day so beautiful Heather!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you so much Alice for your kind words! You were a pleasure to create for and I am beyond thrilled that you loved the flowers and that your guest did as well!

Debbie · Married on 05/02/2015

We loved Heather's creativity & unique style! My daughters wedding was a beautiful farm venue and we were looking for casual but unique floral accents. Heather exceeded our expectations! Beautiful flowers at reasonable price!

Sent on 05/10/2015

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you Debbie for the kind review. I am so happy to hear that you all were pleased. It was a beautiful day at the barn for sure, I can wait to see the professional photos! Congratulations to Allie and Cliff and Fenway - the Boston Terrier pup child too!

Liz · Married on 04/11/2015

Heather was awesome to work with! She really helped the feel of our wedding come together and was able to come up with unique flowers based on all of the different ideas I had. Pricing, creativity, and responsibility was all 5 stars and I would definitely recommend her!!

Sent on 04/21/2015

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you Liz! I loved working with you, your mom and Johnny. You guys were a joy to be around and I am glad I got to opportunity to meet you and work with you on your special day.

LaNay · Married on 03/14/2015

Heather understood my vision and made it come true. She is great! I couldn't have been more satisfied. Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/21/2015

Eclectic Sage's reply:

Thank you LaNay for the kind words, you were a pleasure to work with. Congratulations on your marriage!

I love this vendor, and loved my flowers!! Everything was perfect! Blush and ivory everywhere!
    I was not the bride that cried when my man proposed or when i bought my dress but I teared up when I saw the room with all my flowers and my bouquet !!

Heather is the best! thank you so so much. My favorite vendor through this whole wedding experience!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Eclectic Sage's reply:

This review is making me tear up! Thank you so much for the kind words. Responses like that are why I love doing what I do. I love to create beautiful designs to make my clients dreams and visions come to live. I am so happy to have been a part of your day.

Lauren · Married on 08/01/2014

Heather is so easy and fun to work with. She knew exactly what I wanted after only seeing a couple pictures and hearing about the theme of the wedding. The bouquets turned out perfect and the tables looked amazing! She is beyond helpful and I would not only recommend her to anyone, but work with her again!!

Sent on 08/28/2014
  • User4207104 · 2+ years ago

Heather at Eclectic Sage was absolutely amazing to work with! She was so open to working with us and had a clear understanding of our vision for our big day. She was able to suggest alternative flowers that fit better in our budget that would be able to make our centerpieces and bouquets bigger and better. I would 100% recommend her to anyone in that area to do their wedding flowers. On the day of my wedding, I walked into the reception area and the centerpieces and bouquets were absolutely beautiful and I could not have asked for a better florist.

Sent on 06/27/2014