EAT, llc Reviews

10 | Ann Arbor, MI

10 Reviews for EAT, llc

Madeline · Married on 09/08/2018

Excellent Rehearsal Dinner!

We were very impressed with Eat and their catering staff for our rehearsal dinner. They worked with us beforehand to craft a perfect menu, including an on-site chef to grill steak, shrimp, and veggies. The food was delicious, and the service was seamless. Our guests were raving about the food! We had lots of leftovers that we ate for lunch on our wedding day.

Rebecca · Married on 07/21/2018

Thank you to Emilia and the Eat catering staff for doing such a wonderful job at our wedding! The food was fresh and delicious, and was a perfect fit with our rustic wedding theme. We received many complements from the guests! Emilia was so incredibly patient and flexible with all of the questions I had and changes that I made. She was even able to make accommodations for two vegan guests a week before the wedding! I'm very thankful to have worked with her. I would highly recommend Eat as your wedding caterer!

Hannah · Married on 07/08/2017

Emilia was a godsend! She coordinated so much more than just catering for us and provided us with an ample amount of advice for our wedding planning and day of coordination, far beyond the scope of her responsibilities. She prevented so many potential gaps in our planning such as table runners, napkins, and backup weather plans. To top it off, the menu, service, and quality of food was absolutely phenomenal! I would absolutely recommend working with Eat LLC and make sure you get the raspberry pies and the salmon!!

Hiring EAT was absolutely one of the best choices I made during my wedding planning. We met with Emilia, who was FANTASTIC, and she worked with us from day one, all the day to the big day! We were pretty vague about what we wanted at first, we just said non-traditional, yummy, interesting food (no penne & green beans!), and they presented us with several options that we were able to look at and combine and tweak until it was perfect. And it really was perfect. Every single choice we made ended up being so completely awesome, and our guests still cannot stop talking about how amazing the food was. Their servers were so polite, and continually checked in on us to see if there was anything the bride and groom needed, and they even packaged up some leftovers for us to take home. Ultimately, I could not be more pleased with the catering, and I very highly recommend them to anyone looking for delicious, exciting food for their wedding.

• User5419567 · 2+ years ago

We were lucky enough to have eat cater our wedding and I cannot give them enough stars for how amazing and easy they made the whole process.

From start to finish they were a dream. We started communicating with the back in the winter for a fall wedding and they laid out the timeline and steps very clearly. There was no question of what we had to do or when we had to do it by. The first, and most exciting step, was of course planning the menu. We had an "intake" call where we discussed what we had envisioned the menu to be (comfort food and seasonal since the fall bounty is so great) and then they came back with 3 sample menus. From there we narrowed it down to one menu and did a tasting. At the tasting everything we sampled was delicious and we decided to move forward with the exception of a few omissions (my husband is allergic to tree nuts so we had to cut some of those out which they did without any problem).

A good chunk of my job is planning and executing parties. So planning a wedding wasn't exactly out of my wheelhouse. The only difference? I wouldn't be around the day of to really make sure everything was running smoothly. Our wedding was at a friend's place so there wasn't an onsite staff. We did hire a day of coordinator but I was still nervous that the catering would go smoothly. Luckily eat and their amazing staff were incredible. From set up of the appetizer/cocktail hour, clean up of the trash (glassware/napkins), filling water glasses on the tables, all the serving of the meals (we went family style), etc. They cut and served the cake and cleaned up all the dirty dishes and stacked them for pick up by the rental place as well. They even helped move chairs from the ceremony into the reception area which I did not expect but sincerely appreciated. AND they packed up left overs for us so we were able to enjoy our cake and dinner for a few days more!

From start to finish they were amazing!

Nicole · Married on 09/27/2014

Our wedding venue recommended Eat as a vendor that they worked with regularly, and we've driven past their storefront often but never stopped in. Right after touring where we were going to get married, we grabbed some food to go from Eat for dinner, and we knew right then that we wanted Helen and team to cater our wedding!

We only got quotes from other caterers because we were told we were supposed to shop around. What that ended up showing us was that not only is Eat the best tasting, they're also the best priced.

To top it off, Helen and her team are an absolute dream to work with. She provided multiple proposals for our wedding and rehearsal (yes, we used them for both!) that were both amazing and made for some hard choices. She even went above and beyond to mark tables where there were any allergies or food preferences and her staff addressed those people individually.

Finally, it rained so hard during our wedding day, and one of the menu items was grilled salmon which needed to be grilled outside. Helen's team popped up a tent and continued cooking even through the down pour and lighting, and still every morsel of food was absolutely delicious!

• User4206954 · 2+ years ago

EAT did an absolutely phenomenal job catering my wedding last weekend. Helen is incredibly prompt, flexible, helpful. Her staff was wonderful. The food was divine. I can seriously not recommend EAT highly enough.

Sarah · Married on 08/13/2011

First of all, eat has fabulous food. Hands down fabulous. Second of all, right when our reception started, and people were getting ready to sit down... a MAJOR thunderstorm hit for about 30-45 minutes. Eat and their serving staff were incredibly professional and handled it beautifully. They raced to save the cupcakes (I would NOT have thought of that!), and helped get the tent sides up on the tent. I would highly highly recommend them for their professionalism, delicious food, and fun people. They are really really cool!

• Amy

Amy · Married on 08/06/2011

I don't think I can say enough great things about EAT. They went above and beyond the task at hand, the food was *amazing* (my wedding was months ago and people still talk about the food) and they were very hands on in helping set up (tables and general decor) and keeping the night flowing smoothly. Helen & Blake are very friendly and flexible, very responsive and aim to please. We ended up with left-overs which they nicely packaged for use to take home and keep. Oh and their prices are super fair (I dare say they could even charge more). They will prove to be an invaluable part of your wedding should you chose them!

Kathy · Married on 10/19/2013

I am a wedding planner who has worked with Eat on several occasions and each time I do I remember why I think they are so wonderful. Helen is extremely organized and on top of the details needed to make you event a success. Her staff are happy, helpful and service oriented. No matter what is needed during an event they pitch right in to help make things go as smoothly as possible. It's truly a joy working with this group of folks. Oh! and did i mention the food? Totally and absolutely amazing.