Easy Entertaining Inc. Reviews

85 | Providence, RI

85 Reviews for Easy Entertaining Inc.

Diane F. · Married on 06/26/2021

My daughter’s wedding

Kait and her team were fabulous! From that first phone call (yes, Kait actually answered the phone!) to the tasting and the wedding itself, everything was perfect!! We got so many compliments on the food and service, just fantastic! The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Can’t say enough about Easy Entertaining! Loved them!!

Sent on 07/20/2021

Jillian T. · Married on 06/11/2021

Amazing to work with!

Easy Entertaining catered our wedding and they were absolutely amazing to work with. From the very beginning they were super responsive and more than willing to answer all of our many, many questions and work with us to create the perfect menu.

The team did an amazing job the day of. Everything ran so smooth, the food was presented beautifully, and my husband and I were especially appreciative that there was a member of the staff that made sure we constantly had something to eat and drink.

Last, but certainly not least, the food was amazing! We would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/22/2019

Victoria P. · Married on 05/22/2021

Wonderful!

Kait and her team were truly amazing to work with. They were so supportive when we postponed our wedding due to Covid, and they really were able to make our vision a reality for our rescheduled date. They were flexible and creative, as we wanted to do a gourmet BBQ theme, and I received so many compliments on how delicious the food was. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 07/06/2021
  • David

David M. · Married on 03/08/2021

Our best decision, except for deciding to get married

Easy Entertaining understood what we wanted from the start: a backyard brunch wedding we could pull off during the pandemic. Kait & her team helped us with virtually every aspect of the event, except for the vows (& thank-you notes). She recommended other vendors (florist, videographer) who were also wonderful and worked with us tirelessly to craft the menu for our brunch. Kait's staff was top-notch (server, baker) and the food was tasty and well-presented. We received many, many compliments.

Sent on 08/18/2020
  • Melissa

Melissa S. · Married on 11/14/2020

Quaint Pandemic Wedding

After the unexpected permanent closure of our initial venue, I reached out to Kait to make an inquiry about availability (keep in mind we had never been to the cafe prior to Covid closure; we were really taking a leap of faith on this). She responded immediately, we discussed location and menu options and within 72 hours we had a date selected (we were able to keep our initial date) and the menu had been chosen. Amid planning an intimate wedding, we had the ongoing uncertainty with Covid and the ever changing restrictions. Kait was responsive and patient with each of my countless emails. When the governor changed the guest limit a mere 8 days before our nuptials, Kait had already submitted a variance request with RIDOH before even calling me to inform me of the newly imposed restrictions. Right until the morning of our wedding, we didn’t know if we were going to be able to host our ceremony outside due to the weather and Kait and her team were flexible and made it magical for us. The night of the event at the Cafe, her team was AMAZING! They were professional, accommodating to every guest request, and made our whole experience stress free and flawless. Many guests inquired about taking Frank home because he was so warm, witty, and hospitable. He raced around ensuring that any guest departing early had a tray of sweets to take home and savor later. Guests could not say enough about the delicious farm to table menu choices and our wedding cake made by Easy Entertaining was absolutely divine.

Sent on 01/05/2021

Samantha · Married on 10/10/2020

The Wedding Of Our Dreams!

Through all the planning and stress of a wedding, Easy Entertaining made It all the better! Their professionalism and dedication to detail made our wedding day one for the books! Kait and her team are the best of the best and the food and venue were everything we dreamed of!

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Lee

Lee B. · Married on 09/09/2020

Outstanding

I truly cannot say enough great things about Easy Entertaining. We booked them for the food and service for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding ceremony. Our wedding was very unconventional and on a private residence that does not typically have weddings or events. EE was exceptional at communicating and remaining flexible throughout our entire process of figuring out how we were going to make it all work. We did not have a wedding planner, although our POC with EE Jayne, felt and acted as one without being exclusively called on.

Our sometimes hectic and unorganized day would not have been so successful if not for the staff. They did their job while making sure all other vendors were on the same page and on task. They essentially made the entire dinner in a makeshift kitchen with an oven in the woods due to the "venue's" limitations! They couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating. One staff member, Frank, was so awesome he was literally one of the main hits of the wedding. Thanks, Frank!!

Aside from the service, which I could go on forever about. The FOOD. WAS. AMAZING.

Other than the Bride, the food was likely second in line as the most talked about subject for the night. Our guests genuinely loved everything and let us know for weeks afterwards. EE also wasted nothing. They made sure they filled every piece of Tupperware we provided with as many leftovers as possible.

These folks deserve every shred of business they get. We worked with many vendors for our big day, EE was our breath of fresh air and our favorite by miles. We continue to spread the good word about them to anyone in need of a caterer and we hope this review helps them as well!

Thank you all so much! Cheers!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Angelina S. · Married on 08/15/2020

Amazing Service, Food, and Planning!!!

Having a small wedding during covid-19 sounded and felt super stressful. We were very worried that it wasn’t going to be worth it. But Kait and her team stepped in and went out of their way to help us put together an incredible and enjoyable wedding! They came up with great plans to safely plan around the covid-19 concerns such as spacing out tables, having all of the drinks and food served directly to our guests, and as well taking care of outside desserts we had come in! We didn’t have to worry about a single thing, as every one of our guests was and felt safe the whole time and enjoyed themselves! My husband and I now can smile and say we had a great wedding especially during these times. We’re definitely going back to Easy Entertaining for future events and parties! Thank you to Kait and her team!

Sent on 08/17/2020
  • Diandra

Diandra · Married on 10/26/2019

Blown Away

Diandra · married on 10/26/2019

Blown Away

From the beginning, my husband and I knew that we wanted to ensure the food we served on our wedding day would be delicious and memorable. We also wanted a focus on all things local at our wedding. We spoke with tons of caterers and let me tell you - you get what you pay for. The Easy Entertaining team was able to provide a local/farm-to-table service and was also able to meet a ton of special requests, which many caterers were unable to do. The team was incredible and definitely a major reason why our wedding was so perfect. From being super responsive throughout the process and helping with planning to ensuring they met all of my dietary needs the team at EE was incredible. We switched hands a few times in terms of coordinators, but they did a great job at communicating on their end so it never felt like a hiccup when a new coordinator stepped in. The staff the day of was incredible - Mike, our day-of coordinator, was kind and attentive and went out of his way to ensure everything was going well. The waiters were friendly, kind, and very funny. They seemed to have a great time. Everyone raved about the fantastic service and how delicious the food was. One guest said "this is NOT wedding food" implying wedding food is normally below average/not nearly as delicious as our wedding meal was! They even set up our dessert display despite the fact that they did not supply the dessert (we did a dessert table full of treats from a handful of our favorite local dessert vendors). The EE staff even helped us pack up at the end of the night, which they absolutely didn't have to do! They were really just a team of super helpful and kind people and I'd recommend them to everyone. We definitely spent a little more than we had originally planned on food, but I can confidently and sincerely say that choosing EE to help with our wedding day was one of the best decisions we made in the entire planning process. Thank you to Mike, Jayne, and the rest of the Easy Entertaining team.

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Jayna

Jayna R. · Married on 10/04/2019

The End of Bad Wedding Food!

Easy Entertaining has been so helpful with our wedding. Their tasting was fun and productive. We had such a personalized experience where they sat down with us to discuss and create our menu. Easy Entertaining also went above and beyond by offering rentals, which they had all set up and ready to view. Most importantly, their food is divine, flavorful and not bland or boring. Local ingredients make everything fresh and seasonal. The staff could not be friendlier or more passionate about their craft! We feel so fortunate to be working with such a creative catering team who truly knows what they are doing and maintains professionalism at all times.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Caitlin · Married on 09/07/2019

Best wedding vendor

I’ll preface this with stop reading reviews and just hire Easy Entertaining now.

The COVID-19 pandemic dramatically changed our wedding plans and left so much uncertainty for us, so we reached out to Easy Entertaining roughly a month before our big day to see if they could help us host a dinner party at their cafe for us and ~25 guests. Within days, we went from having no plan to having a great plan thanks to them. Beyond just being some of the nicest people we’ve ever met, Kaitlyn and her team the night of our event went above and beyond. Leading up to the event Kaitlyn was the best to work with, so sweet and supportive during these crazy times and was super creative with how to manage all the restrictions in place due to the pandemic (who needs passed apps anymore when you can have your own tasting plate?!). She thought of and was prepared for every little detail, even when curveballs came in at the last minute. She even worked with our family members, without us knowing, on a surprise video message from those who couldn’t be there.

The most common things we have heard from our guests after our wedding have been 1) OMG best food I’ve ever had at a wedding (not an exaggeration, and we have some wedding guest veterans in our crowd) 2) the staff/event team was SO nice. We just wanted to keep hanging out there with them all night. And 3) how amazing the space was. We almost couldn’t get everyone to leave the beautiful patio outside to come inside for dinner! And once we were inside everyone was so comfortable and felt very safe.

This wasn’t the wedding we dreamed of but turned into a dream wedding thanks in huge part to the Easy Entertaining team.

Sent on 08/23/2020
  • Destinee

Destinee W. · Married on 09/01/2019

10 out of 10 !! Amazing

I can't say enough good things about Easy Entertaining Catering. The food was absolutely spectacular and our guests were raving about it after, which is pretty rare for wedding food. Our coordinator was incredible responsive and helpful in planning all of the details. It was also incredibly easy to substitute for gluten free or vegan meals and to change guests numbers at the last minute.
    The rentals were gorgeous and the table setup was immaculate. I was stunned by how beautiful everything turned out and how easy it all was. Definitely will be using you in the future and recommending your services to my friends as well.

Sent on 11/11/2020

Kate · Married on 07/05/2019

wonderful high-end service for a low key wedding

My husband and I had a small, casual ceremony this summer followed by an outdoor cocktail and dinner party for about 80 people. We were envisioning a fun, low key night focused on food and family with less emphasis on traditional wedding hype. I spoke to several vendors but Easy Entertaining was the only one who really understood what we were looking for. Everyone I worked with communicated clearly and really took the time to listen (which was refreshing after speaking with so many other "wedding industry professionals" who seemed not to hear what I wanted, pushing their own recommendations on us instead). I worked mainly with Jayne throughout, and I had a few very specific requests and menu tweaks that she worked in without a shrug. I fully trusted her to coordinate everything seamlessly.

After a painless planning period, the execution was organized, professional, and stress-free. The team did a beautiful job on the day of the event. Most importantly to us, the food was exceptional and presented exactly how we'd envisioned. It rounded off an incredible night to have all of our friends talking about how great the food was. We couldn't have been happier with Easy Entertaining's service throughout every step of this process and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for any catering needs!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Samantha W. · Married on 01/09/2019

Perfect choice for our perfect wedding!

Easy Entertaining was the PERFECT choice for catering and bar for our wedding.

My husband (at the time, fiancé), and I had such a hard time finding a caterer. Everything seemed expensive, and yet also terrible tasting. Then, we found Easy Entertaining! Jayne, our coordinator, was fantastic. We really wanted a “casual yet classy” vibe for our wedding, and they made it happen. They worked with us to find the right solution instead of a standard plated dinner, and everything else we had envisioned—including the board game table for all our guests to play. We had the idea that we wanted an ice cream sundae bar for dessert—they made it happen! We wanted a prosecco toast that wasn’t originally in our bar package? They found a solution! They made our wedding celebration such a breeze.

And the food was so good! We started with a cocktail hour—open bar, and a lovely table of mini pizzas, cheeses, spreads, pickles, breads, and veggies. My father came up and was raving about a particular snack he said he hadn’t had better since visiting Italy! My husband was obsessed with the pickles! The bar itself was not run through EE but through a partner company, and they were amazing and quick working. I don’t think I ever saw a line form.

After dancing, everyone came into the dining room to see beautifully plated salads and herbed bread (my mom’s favorite). EE was amazing in setting up and running a flawless buffet. Everything was perfectly organized, with signs telling the guests what all the dishes were (besides delicious). I loved the vegetable tart and pesto zoodles!

Finally, we finished with the make-your-own sundae bar. Again, I cannot emphasize how amazingly accommodating the EE staff was in making our vision come true. We also loved the local and farm-fresh focus! Food sourcing is important to me and my husband, and honestly, you could taste the difference. I would recommend Easy Entertaining to anyone. And make sure take home the leftovers, because you’ll want them!

Sent on 04/28/2020
  • alysonia

Aly · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing food and hospitality from a local and locally-sourced, female-owned business

We had actually had a different catering company booked for our Wedding initially and couldn’t be happier that it fell through because we found Easy Entertaining, RI. Having worked in the event industry myself (and specifically for a catering company), I had pretty high standards. It also meant that I wasn’t willing to pay the typical $250++ per plate that most catering companies quote. Easy Entertaining exceeded every standard I had and came at an affordable price point. It was just icing on the cake that they were a company focused on local sourcing and a female-owned business.

My first clue that they would be a wonderful team to work with was how responsive they were. From the first email inquiry on, Kelsey was very attentive and always let me know if there was going to be a delay in her response for any reason.

Kelsey was amazing to work with, super helpful and flexible and helped us craft our dream menu for our wedding. We asked for a handful of custom off-menu items that were meaningful or favorite foods for my husband and I and Easy Entertaining not only prepared them all but they KILLED it. The mini Beef Empanadas they passed for Cocktail Hour tasted exactly like the ones I had growing up at my best friend’s house. They’re a locally sourced, scratch kitchen, making everything in-house down to the three different mustards for our hot pretzel Station.

Their professionalism, dedication to service and detail are unmatched. They knew that local sourcing and sustainability were important aspects of our wedding and when they found out, days before the wedding due to uncontrollable environmental factors, that they weren’t going to be able to source enough Bluefish for our Smoked Bluefish entree station, the Chef/Owner, Kaitlyn, called us personally to talk about the options. We went with a 2/3rds 1/3rd ratio of Mackerel and Bluefish to keep it a local and have the fish smoked in-house by the EE team, and it ended up easily the favorite item of many guests (including myself!), even amongst some smoked-fish or fish-phobic people. Easy Entertaining was everything I was looking for, everything I was hoping for and absolutely delivered. If you’re getting married (or hosting any large event) in New England, and especially in Rhode Island, you will not regret hiring Easy Entertaining.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Kelley · Married on 08/19/2018

Working with Easy Entertaining on our wedding was a fabulous experience--from the planning stages and throughout the event. Kelsey guided us the whole way and attended to every whim of ours with complete flexibility and care! She was top-notch professional. The event itself was impeccably well-managed. The staff was professional and friendly. And they made sure that I was eating as well as catering to the guests! They walked, with careful precision, between being personable and professional--very, very well-done! I felt as though they were supporting us 100% and this made me feel at ease on my wedding day--as though I didn't have a care in the world. And the food itself was amazing. Delicious and fresh, with careful detail to presentation--hip and modern. The whole experience was just perfect.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Linda · Married on 07/27/2018

Yes, hire them....Easy Entertaining is worth every penny. You worry about nothing and they can and will provide everything you need. And there is a bonus...they are a very pleasant group to deal with. Just do it! LJ

Sent on 08/16/2018

Suzanne · Married on 07/21/2018

Kelsey and her team did an awesome job for our wedding celebration event....the food was delicious and guests shared many compliments. We didn't have to worry about anything and could enjoy our guests. We would definitely use Easy Entertaining again. Dan and Suzanne

Sent on 08/12/2018

Alejandra · Married on 07/07/2018

This was the perfect place for our wedding. The space is simple, beautiful, and comfortable, and has a sweet outdoor patio for dancing. The food was great. The event coordinator, Kelsey was great to work with; she was so accommodating and so sweet throughout the entire process. Many of our guests commented to us on how much they liked the venue, food, and service. We would absolutely have another event here.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Cathy · Married on 06/24/2018

We Had a great time our food was amazing . Kelsey was a huge help and everyone is still talking about how good the food was. and fun finger foods.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/29/2018

Kelsey and her team did such a great job catering Bling Fest 2018. Providence Diamond will definitely use them again!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Stephanie · Married on 10/08/2017

The Easy Entertaining team was incredible to work with! We booked them two months before our wedding when we had our previous catering agreement fall through and it was the best decision we made throughout our entire planning process. They were on top of everything, extremely flexible, and exceeded our expectations. Even within a short time frame, we still had a tasting and felt like we were their top priority. The day of our wedding went perfectly - they made sure all of our rentals were there (and we had a lot), set everything up and still executed an amazing family style dinner.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

I knew as soon as I learned about Easy Entertaining that I wanted them to cater my wedding (delicious organic and environmentally friendly food? Yes please). After I got engaged, they were the first vendor I locked down, and I'm so glad I did! Kelsey was a joy to work with. She was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls, super organized and knowledgeable and just a great, calming energy to be around, especially as a bride! The tasting was an awesome experience (make sure you go hungry, there's LOTS of food but not to worry, you can take leftovers home with you)! The Easy Entertaining team executed a perfect dinner on my wedding night, guests raved about the food. So pleased with my experience with Easy Entertaining from start to finish. Thanks EE!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/09/2017

Easy Entertaining was amazing on our wedding day! The food is second to none and the service was excellent. They made you feel like part of the family. Kelsey got back to me very quickly every time I emailed her. The set up was perfect and magical and we couldn't have asked for anything more. Would HIGHLY reccomend easy entertaining for you wedding or event. All of our guest commented on how the food was the best they've ever had at a wedding. Our servers Frank and Tammy were so personable and fun and everyone commented on how sweet they were. Thank you so much for a beautiful wedding day!!! ❤️

Sent on 09/14/2017

Gabriel · Married on 08/12/2017

The staff was exceptional and the food was even better!

Sent on 12/06/2017