43 Reviews for Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa

Altar/Arches (3)
Lighting (3)
Buffet (1)
Centerpieces (1)

Eagle Ridge is the best possible place to be for a wedding in Galena, IL. The views are stunning, the halls are flexible in size, the service is fantastic, the food is delicious! Lizzy Fahey at ER was so helpful and responsive during our planning time and ease all of our worries and fears! I love my mother, but she is sometimes a bit of an overbearing perfectionist and Lizzy was patient and soooo helpful and sweet! This was the best day of my life and I don't think we could have done it anywhere else.

Profile Picture Phoenix, 7/21/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were very happy with everything about Eagle Ridge as a wedding venue, Megan Carter is fantastic.

Profile Picture User7461811, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Eagle Ridge is the definition of top tier service. They make you feel so special, and right at home. I would HIGHLY recommend them to any Bride & Groom.

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Beautiful venue. Megan was amazing coordinator and the day went so smooth!

Profile Picture Audrey, 11/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Eagle Ridge is the most beautiful place to have a wedding and Megan Carter and Rika Thibodeaux made planning an absolute dream. We had our rehearsal dinner at Woodstone Restaurant, our ceremony at the Point Patio, and our reception in the Eagle Ballroom. There isn't a place on the whole property that doesn't have stunning views. Our guests raved about their accommodations. The villas there are gorgeous and spacious.

I knew absolutely nothing when it came to wedding planning, but Megan took me, my husband and our parents by the hand and guided us every step of the way. Eagle Ridge is clearly set up so well for weddings, which was already amazing. They have the classiest materials and decor and all the staff know exactly what they are doing. It's a venue with everything already built in, including the wedding planner. You can customize as much as you want to, or let them do all the work for you (which we chose to go with). They will work directly with your vendors and coordinate everything. Megan basically read my mind and created the wedding of my dreams. She's also an amazing person and super fun to hang out with, so wedding planning was always a blast! She answered all of my and my mom's crazy emails that we sent at all hours of the night (and looked at all of my pictures of our cats) always with a smile on her face. She worked extremely hard to make sure everything was perfect for us.

Everything went SO smoothly the day of the wedding. Megan and Rika either had everything under control from the get go or they were just amazing at solving whatever problems popped up along the way. Either way, I knew nothing of any issues whatsoever and was able to fully focus on the perfect day and the most amazing celebration. Everyone had an absolute blast and kept talking about how it was the best wedding they had ever been to (objective fact). It was the best day of my life and I would absolutely recommend Eagle Ridge as a venue to anyone who's looking.

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tents, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Covered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals

We loved everything about Eagle Ridge. Megan was fabulous to work with, and our day was perfect. They gave us special meals for the bride and groom and were flexible on food options. Highly recommend !

Profile Picture Brittani, 8/6/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tents, Covered Outdoor, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound

We would recommend Eagle Ridge Resort to any couple interested in having a truly unique and memorable wedding experience. The food is outstanding and the resort grounds are spectacular. Megan Carter and her team are an invaluable asset to Eagle Ridge. She was always available for us during the planning process, answering any questions we had. The day of our wedding she kept everything flowing smoothly and quickly grabbed us drinks and hors devours so she could show us the reception room before all the guests did. We are still getting many compliments about our special evening. We can't wait to visit again!

Profile Picture User7055243, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

It is worth every penny! As a bride, you are able to enjoy the experience! The week before our wedding, I was as cool as a cucumber thanks to everyone at Eagle Ridge!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Eagle Ridge Staff - particularly Meagan - fabulous wedding coordinator - was awesome. All questions/concerns were addressed. We always felt completely at ease! We had rehearsal dinner on site at a home which Eagle Ridge catered and that was perfect. Ceremony and reception went off perfectly - timed to the minute! Awesome!!

Profile Picture User5630431, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Covered Outdoor, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Do as much as you can yourself to help save money.

Profile Picture Bianca, 10/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Open Bar, Cake, Lighting/Sound, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Great place to have a ceremony and reception. They do everything for you and are very professional. Megan is great to work with, she is very responsive to emails and phone calls.

Profile Picture Annie, 8/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access

Outstanding staff! Service & food was exceptional!!!
Terrific experience! They helped to make our daughter's wedding day everything she had dreamed of.

Profile Picture User5276103, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

Joe and I had the best wedding reception. Everything was just perfect. Megan Carter was wonderful to work with. There was nothing that needed to be done. The food was fantastic. The view was incredible and decorating was perfect. We could not have asked for anything better.

Profile Picture User5277183, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

This is a beautiful venue to have a wedding and with Megan Carter, wedding coordinator, everything went perfectly!! I cannot say enough about Megan she was the perfect person to help every couple going through planning their wedding. Way to go Megan!!

The only downside is the Spa services need to be seriously looked at.
Massage and Facial Good... Manicure and Pedicure TERRIBLE!!!

Profile Picture matt, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Megan was amazing and so helpful, we couldn't have had a better weekend. We were also very impressed with our plated dinner since we had 200 guests, it was served quickly and tasted great!

Profile Picture Christie, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Megan Carter was OUTSTANDING! Her professionalism, eye for perfection, upbeat personality, made our day FANTASTIC. She was accommodating and patient as our guest's reservations, golf tee times, seating requests, changed almost daily :))! She was a pleasure to work with. The entire staff at Eagle Ridge are superior. Megan my wedding planner, Chrystal at the front desk, Don the golf pro, Byron the bartender.....are considered friends to us. I would highly recommend Eagle Ridge to anyone looking for a pressure free, almost relaxing wedding planning experience.

Profile Picture Linda, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake

We had our rehearsal dinner at Eagle Ridge on 5/8/15, and could not have been happier with the food and service provided. Megan was so wonderful and easy to work with, and the staff was so accommodating not only for the dinner, but for the duration of our stay, and the stays of our guests. We couldn't have picked a better place to stay, and plan on definitely coming back!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/8/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We held our October 2014 wedding at Eagle Ridge, and couldn't be happier we chose this venue. We planned from afar (Boston), and the wedding coordinator, Megan, made us feel 100% at ease regarding the details of the big day. She was quick to respond to emails and phone calls, and went above and beyond to make the wedding day flow smoothly (this included everything from coordinating with our vendors to coming to the rescue with a sewing kit when I ripped the train of my gown). The front desk staff, bartenders, and servers were incredibly friendly and helpful -- several out of town guests commented on the Midwestern hospitality. The food was fantastic, including the wedding meal, next day brunch, and on-site restaurants. Finally, the setting was absolutely gorgeous. The fall foliage was unbelievable and we were very happy with everything from the guest rooms/homes to the ballroom. Highly recommend Eagle Ridge for your big day!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing staff that will bend over backwards to help you on your special day. Megan Dombek was our wedding coordinator and she is the most patient, helpful, easy going person you can ask for during this exciting/stressful time. THANK YOU MEGAN!

Profile Picture Natalia, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The view alone was perfect but the staff made this so relaxing for me as the bride. They do so many weddings that they can handle anything. I am so glad I had it hear. It was perfect and stress free! Megan Dombek was my planner there. She is amazing! I recommend this place and her to anyone!

Profile Picture Anne, 8/16/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Megan was absolutely incredible and helped us with so much. Her and her team made everything about our wedding as perfect as possible.

Profile Picture User6337143, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Eagle Ridge was wonderful! We rented the Point Patio for our cocktail hour and the ballroom for our reception (married off-site at a church). ER is such a great venue for guests from Chicago - it is a few hours away from the city. We considered this a major PRO because our guests were staying at the resort so no one was worrying about getting home right away and they all had a blast in downtown Galena. Everyone complimented how it was a destination wedding without the flights! :) The venue is beautiful for photos inside and outside too. The food was very good and everyone was raving about our cocktail hour snacks. We rented houses and villas for our families and the wedding party to get ready. In retrospect, I wish we could've toured a couple before deciding because the photos on the website don't show every little detail.

Megan Carter (our wedding coordinator at Eagle Ridge) was great - super helpful and organized with all our small details and ideas. Overall, everything went smoothly. Our wedding party was even given a private room to rest for a few minutes before the cocktail hour started. She was extra patient with us and let us leave extra decorations, welcome bags, etc. in her office so we didn't have to move it afterward. The decor setup that Megan handled was perfect and she was upfront with us about costs through the whole planning process.

If we had to say something negative, I guess it would be that Megan has midweek days off (since she works weekends for all the events) so sometimes it took her a couple of days to respond, but this was never in regards to anything urgent so it wasn't a problem. In terms of flexibility the Woodlands Lounge manager(?) owner(?) bartender(?) wasn't the friendliest when we brought in who was left still partying after our reception ended at 11pm. We were told that we could use that bar from 11-1am for any late-night guests who weren't quite ready for the night to end. He eventually let us, but it could've been smoother.

Profile Picture Mallory, 7/30/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Wine, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Shuttle, Dance Floor, Tables, Tents, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Eagle Ridge is in such a beautiful location for the Midwest! We wanted our guests to have a mini getaway, which is why we chose Eagle Ridge for our wedding! We rented houses for our bridal parties + families- which made getting ready for our wedding so easy + fun! The houses also allowed us to spend more time with our loved ones + it felt like one big, best friend reunion. The guys loved being able to golf! With all of the festivities, the complimentary Eagle Ridge shuttles were perfect for traveling safely. The food and service were excellent!! I highly recommend doing the sweets bar as well, as that was a huge hit for our guests + a phenomenal display as well! I also loved being able to have the option to do late night snacks for our guests - the pizza helped to refuel those dancing spirits!! We had our reception in The Eagle Ballroom which is rustic + natural with its beautiful wooden beams, chandeliers and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Lake Galena. Point Patio is where we held our ceremony + it was absolutely beautiful + surrounded by nature.

I truly felt my wedding day ran so smoothly because of my all-star vendor team + the staff of Eagle Ridge were INCREDIBLE!! Special shoutout to Maggie Truppa - one of the wedding coordinators! You are in excellent hands under her guidance!!! ! She made the planning process enjoyable + and eased my stress with how responsive, patient, efficient, organized, professional, kind, and genuine she was! Any bride is lucky to have Maggie as their coordinator! She is such a great communicator with every email + phone call + all throughout the wedding day!! There were no surprises on my big day, because they really ensure that all the big things + little things are decided and covered. I can honestly say that my wedding day went so smooth because of her + how organized Eagle Ridge is and I could not be more grateful. Thank you for making our day incredible!! Much love!! Jenny + Sean

Profile Picture Jenny, 9/28/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access

We had a rehearsal dinner for 105 people at the Eagle Ridge Marian Pavilion and it was an amazing start to a fantastic wedding weekend. There is one thing that the families would change about the weekend. The service, food, and venue were fantastic.

Profile Picture Jean, 7/11/15, 1 Review