120 Reviews for Starlight Music

Sound/PA System (8)
Ceremony (7)
Willing to Travel (6)
Lighting (6)

Where do we even begin. Corey and I simply had the best night of our lives and that is in large part because of Evan and his amazingly talented Rock & Soul band. They so far exceeded our expectations of what the night would be. They blew us away with their set list - one song was better than the next. The run of show was on point, and the energy level was absolutely incredible.

All we heard all night and all day after was that the band was amazing. Literally, that was our biggest takeaway. So thank you thank you thank you, for absolutely everything. It was such a pleasure working with them and I hope there will be many more events & weddings where we can party at together again.

Profile Picture alexandra, 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

You guys were AMAZING! My feet are ripped to shreds, I missed dessert, and hardly drank anything after dinner (at my own wedding) and I BLAME you! Your music and entertainment was too good to ever leave the dance floor for even a moment. You made the wedding, every attendee agreed :) THANK YOU (hit me up soon for photos!)

Profile Picture PJ, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We have had the pleasure of using Starlight music for all three of our children’s weddings. And our friends are upset that we don’t have more children. They are over the top fabulous and professional and fun. They truly make the wedding celebration even more special. I might have to throw a 70 th for myself just to have them again. The very best and most fun band.

Profile Picture Kris, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Best band ever! No one sat down!! Couldn't be more pleased !

Profile Picture Suzanne , 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

How can I begin to express how fabulous Starlight Music is, and how much EVERYONE at my son's wedding loved them! They are so talented, classy and warm and so thoroughly engaged in making the evening electrified! Everyone danced...even my 93 1/2 year old mother, along with her walker, and my friend who was recovering from hip replacement!
I was pleased beyond all of our high expectations....everyone agrees that Starlight is in a class by themselves!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Starlight Music's Rock & Soul band. They are AMAZING and truly 'rocked' the house. Guests were on their feet the entire night dancing, and we had the time of our lives. Evan the band leader is just the best. He knows how to read the crowd and keep the energy flowing. If you're looking for a wedding band, seriously look no further. The quality of musicians and professionalism you'll get with Starlight is truly like no other. Thank you, Rock & Soul!! -Amanda & Pete

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Starlight was fantastic!! So many of our guests commented that Starlight was the best they'd ever seen at a wedding and not just at the reception! We had their rock trio play cocktail hour and they killed it! Would highly recommend these guys! You will not be disappointed! They had everyone at the wedding dancing. We had guests coming up to us all night asking how we found this band!

Profile Picture Christina, 9/30/17, 1 Review

Hey Valerie et al
We want to extend a huge thank you to Valerie, Starlight Orchestra and everyone at Starlight Music who worked hard to make my son and daughter-in-law's wedding exactly what we had hoped it could be. From the stirringly beautiful ceremony music to the exhilarating, rousing party we couldn't have asked for more.

I don't remember being at a party where literally everyone who could walk, including my 91 year old mother, was on their feet and on the dance floor!!!! Throughout the night, our guests kept saying "This band is amazing", "I can't believe this band", "This is the best band we've ever heard." You were playing and singing, and everyone else was singing your praises.

As a family we simply had the best time!! Your music choice was pitch perfect :). Everyone wanted to party - exactly what we hoped for. You also totally respected our desire to continue the music with the volume turned down during dinner to allow conversation, and then, within minutes of dinner, everyone was back on the dance floor.

It was perfection - what a great and fun way for them to start their lives together!!

Thank you, thank you! You guys are truly the best!

With much appreciation,
Karen

Profile Picture Karen, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We had Denny and the Blake Band for our wedding. They had the dance floor full for hours. We and our guests had so much fun - throughout the night we received compliments about the professionalism and talent of the band. We had an acoustic guitar trio for arrivals, our ceremony and the reception. Our guests said it was such a treat to get a taste of the music during arrivals and all the fun that would be in store. Leading up to the wedding we worked with Evan, Allie and Denny. Everything was organized, flexible and professional - everything you want from a wedding vendor.

Profile Picture Angela, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We are just beginning to recover and feel our feet again!
Outstanding performance!!! The entire Rock & Soul band blew us away! Every guest at our daughter's wedding had an amazing time (as you could tell from the dancing and high energy) and commented on how great the band was the entire night! Music selections were perfect for the range of guests!
Thank you for working and coordinating with our Clergy to learn the music for the ceremony. It was a beautiful start to the wedding!
Thanks again! We look forward to speaking to you when our son gets engaged!

Profile Picture Dale, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Starlight Music's Rock & Soul band truly BLEW US AWAY and was one of the most important parts of the best day of our lives. They surpassed our expectations and went beyond our hopes and dreams. The dance floor was packed from the minute the doors opened until the very end. We interviewed with several companies before choosing Rock & Soul and we had the best first impression with Evan, the band leader, who eased my bridal nerves leading up to the big day. We couldn't count how many people came up to us during the reception to tell me how amazing the band was. People do not dish out compliments when they are not well deserved and they definitely deserved it. Evan really proved that he has a gift for reading the crowd. We had a very high energy crowd and never expected less from our friends and family. Rock & Soul was truly the perfect match.

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Starlight Orchestra was absolutely incredible! All of our guests are still raving about our band. They were fun, engaging and the best band I've ever seen. Their voices are unreal!!

Profile Picture Jordan , 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Our band, The Blake Band was absolutely incredible. Honestly, they were the best I've ever experienced at any wedding. Our first dance song was done perfectly and exactly the same as the recorded version we had practiced our dance to. Everyone was dancing and having a great time till the very end. I didn't want to ever leave the dance floor! The way they interacted with our guests was so much fun! Our best man found out that one of our guests was a dancer in MJ's "Thriller" video. After he begged, the band thew the song in the mix even though they hadn't rehearsed it. You wouldn't have even known it was a last minute request because it was so perfect. Watching my friends dance with her was such a treat and was a once in a lifetime experience for them. The level of talent everyone has is really outstanding and special.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

My guests are still talking about the music. There are not enough words to express how pleased we were with the music provided by Starlight Music. From song selection to guest interaction, the essence of every moment of the evening was set to music. My friend commented that "very often it is hard to "see" money well spent at weddings. However, it was evident that the expense of the entertainment was well worth it".

Profile Picture Sher, 5/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

THIS BAND WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! My husband and I are still floating on cloud 9 from our wedding on Sunday, and we wanted to thank the entire Starlight team, and especially the Blake Band, for going above and beyond to create the most amazing party anyone could ever ask for. From the moment we met, the Starlight team has been nothing but a delight to work with, unbelievably accommodating, thoughtful, and above all, captured the essence of who Ian and I are as a couple. Your willingness to work with our Jewish singer, Eli Marcus, (and learn a ton of new music) and the fact that you allowed my dad to play guitar onstage shows how phenomenal you are. The music and the vibe was on another level, and we will cherish every moment we had out on the dance floor. Thank you so much for being the heart and soul of our wedding, and it should come as no surprise that EVERYONE has been asking who our band was.

Profile Picture Dana, 2/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

When we first started planning the wedding we both knew how important the band and the MC of the wedding would be to creating the right atmosphere for the night. Evan and Starlight blew any and all of our dreams and expectations out of the water. Starlight captured the spirit of our family and friends perfectly and we could have doubled the size of the dance floor and it would have still been full all night long. It was also the little touches and suggestions that Evan made during the planning phase that created the moments that stand out for me the most-- like replaying our first dance song at the end of the night with all of our friends and family dancing along.

Starlight is a very special group of performers and we feel very lucky to have had them be apart of our night.

Profile Picture User7878136, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

We wanted to thank you for helping make Sunday night the best night of our lives! You guys were incredible, and you really kept the energy of the party going all night. So many of our guests raved about you guys. The entire night seemed to go off without a hitch, and in large part to the way you orchestrated everything. It was amazing how everything was exactly on time! One of the highlights was definitely when you had us join you guys on stage for "Dear Future Husband."

Thank you again for helping bring our vision to life, and contributing to such a memorable night. We you can trust we will recommend you to everyone we know, and we hope to be together for another celebratory event soon!

Profile Picture Michael, 1/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The band from Starlight that played at our wedding was THE BEST. They are energetic, professional, flexible, caring, and SO TALENTED! They perfectly captured each of our requests from songs to announcements, and they bent over backwards to make sure that all of the complicated scheduling details would work out perfectly. Evan really took the time to get to know us and our style so that he could curate the perfect night for us. To top it off, the band surprised us with an opportunity to come on stage and sing one of our favorite songs, which was one of the highlights of the whole wedding! We cannot thank you enough for all you did to make this important night in our lives one we will remember forever.

Profile Picture User7726089, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

There are no words to describe how thrilled I am to have found Evan Tyler and E Three. Our incredible journey with Evan began when we first met him in his studio and he introduced my husband and me to the unique concept behind his Blake Band. (I will leave it to Evan to explain in detail, but I can promise that Blake Band is unlike any wedding band you have ever seen/heard before). From that first meeting until our wedding day, Evan never failed to exceed my expectations. Not only is Evan an honest and reliable businessperson, but he is also a talented musician in his own right. Because Evan is so tapped into the New York City music scene, he has cultivated relationships with an amazingly talented and diverse group of musicians. Depending on your musical tastes and song choices for your event, Evan takes the time to personally curate a group of talented performers who will work together to create the perfect sound for your event. Given how important music is at any wedding, it is crucial to find a band that can keep your guests on the dance floor and having a blast. By hiring Evan and E Three, you can be sure that you will end up with so much more than just a run-of-the-mill wedding band. Not a single one of our wedding guests left without raving about the music - who could ask for more than that?! Thank you Evan, Denny and the rest of Blake Band for helping to make our wedding so incredible!

Profile Picture Corey, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Starlight Orchestra will make your wedding great . Hands down, they are the best!!

Profile Picture User7513741, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Did anyone ever tell you that the band makes the party? Well that is 100% true. Evan and his entourage at E Three/Starlight rocked the house at our wedding on Dec 3rd at the Mandarin Oriental. For the entire night, our dance floor was packed right until the very end, as they were a high energy band that kept the house rocking all night long. Evan was incredible in putting together a customized music selection based on the liking of my wife and I. We really wanted a lot of different things, from a little bit of oldies, to 90's rock and hip hop, to some current good pop. Evan was even able to do a Latin music set for us (being that my wife is Venezuelan, we wanted to give her family some of their traditional music). They also learned a few songs for us, including our first dance song and processional song and really went out of their way to make our night special. The talent that Evan has on his band roster is TOP NOTCH and the best part is you get to listen to the talent when you first meet up with him, so you can hear how great they are as individual singers. Everyone at our party couldn't stop talking about how amazing the band was and said how it was the best wedding band they had ever seen! After our wedding, I can honestly say I think you would have to be stupid to use any other band out there. TRUST ME!

Profile Picture Steven, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Starlight Orchestras led by Valerie Romanoff was absolutely incredible. Before I knew what Starlight was, I was upset that I couldn't book my top choice and then booked a different band from a top NYC band company. After seeing my original band play at another wedding, I realized it was not for us and switched to Valerie. Valerie and Starlight absolutely rocked. It ended up being the best performance by a wedding band I had ever seen and countless guests still can not stop raving about them. What separates Starlight is not just a great lead singer or two, they literally had 6 singers that were all unbelievable. I asked them to do an ending of two songs that are not part of their usual repertoire and they did them amazingly well. If you want an unforgettable experience, Starlight is an obvious choice.

Profile Picture Scott, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Reception

The Starlight team, Denny, and the rest of the Blake Band was amazing! Our guests can't stop raving about the music at our wedding. In fact, we already know of one couple who told us they would want to use the Blake Band for their future wedding. People told us the band was one of the best bands they have ever heard. Thanks so much!

Profile Picture User7634097, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

The entertainment you choose makes the wedding. Starlight Music makes the BEST entertainment!!!

Hi Evan,
I just wanted to let you know that Saturday was truly amazing! the honeymooners have just touched down in Hawaii and the relatives have gone. Yet we are all still elated over the spectacular celebration that you helped us provide for Jena and Greg on Saturday, at Glen Island Harbour Club. It was nothing short of the wedding of Jena's dreams. As expected, our guests were astounded by every aspect of the wedding, from the the impeccable detailing to the fine quality of a first class affair. But it was Denny and his band that truly made the wedding the success that it was. The guests were blown away by the abundance of talent that commanded the ballroom and they are still commenting on how GREAT the band played. Please let Denny and the other band members know how much we appreciate how hard they rocked and how much we all loved it!
Its been 12 years since you kept the dance floor in motion at Jena's Sweet Sixteen. You did an outstanding job then and you met all expectations, once again. This is the reason that clients like us return to work with you. Loyalty is based on trust. We thank you again for making it possible for us to give Jena and Greg a day to remember and one Brian and I will never forget. I look forward to working with you again for Justin and Daina's wedding on May 20, 2017 at The Surf Club on the Sound.

Best Regards,