Duy Ho Photography Reviews

Duy Ho Photography 6
Duy Ho Photography 7
  • Mai

Mai Tran · Married on 03/02/2019

Incredible photos and awesome to work with!

Your wedding day goes by so fast. That’s why we knew having a great photographer was a top priority and investment. Duy and his assistant Jen captured every moment! Not only did we love every photo, they were able to capture the best candid shots and you could feel the emotions felt in each photo. They were super easy to work with, blended right in with the crowd and allowed us to re-live our wedding day. I highly recommend Duy, you’ll be amazed with his work!!!

Sent on 04/08/2019
    Duy Ho Photography 8
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 01/05/2019

The best choice we could have made for our wedding day

We had the pleasure of working with Duy and his assistant for our wedding. When it came time to choose a wedding photographer, we did a ton of research and found a lot of great options, but never felt confident enough to make a decision. Then we found Duy, and My husband and I both agreed instantly that he was the photographer we wanted to work with. Because of him, we now have the most incredible photos to hold as memories and to hang on our walls. He was able to bring the emotion, the friendships and the love of our day to life. His work really speaks for itself. We are so incredibly happy with our decision to have Duy as our wedding photographer. There is simply no one I would have rather worked with.

Sent on 02/13/2019
    Duy Ho Photography 15
    Duy Ho Photography 16

Andre · Married on 09/22/2018

The absolute best

Duy's ability to tell the story of a wedding through his photography is a superpower. His preparation, timing, execution, and editing are absolutely exceptional, and I'm so glad that I booked him for my wedding day.

He's highly communicative and responsive, seamlessly worked with my videographer, and was a total pleasure to work with.

I'd write more, but I'll just let his portfolio and galleries do the talking.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2018

If I could give more stars I would. Duy really is an artist and I'm so thankful we had him for our wedding weekend. I haven't even received my photos yet (just got married) but simply working with him is driving me to leave this review. Our number 1 priority was our photographer.

The weekend goes by so quickly but photos will last for a lifetime. His photos, as you can see from stalking his work, is truly unique. He catches the light, the moments, and beauty that many don't notice.

On top of it, he is so much fun to be around. Genuinely kind and calm which makes you feel instantly comfortable. I hope that you get the opportunity to work with Duy, you won't regret it

Sent on 09/23/2018

Joy · Married on 05/27/2018

Duy Ho was the first wedding vendor I booked and I cannot begin to describe how wonderful he is, but I will try. From our engagement photos to our wedding, he made us feel comfortable, not cheesy, and reminded us that it's just about us, our family, and our friends. His words of wisdom along the way were a great reminder to just enjoy, and not worry about the pomp and circumstance of it. And luckily we did just that. Most importantly, he takes the BEST photographs. With his architect's and artist's eye, he captures portraits, candids, and everything in between, and the images are flawless. When I first received our photos, I couldn't stop crying happy tears (for the record, I'm not usually a crier). He captured beautiful family portraits, bridal portraits of the two of us, candid shots, and some really fun and gorgeous sunset photos. We are so appreciative of his phenomenal eye, calm spirit, and flawless coordination. Our wedding day was magical, so much fun, and stress free. We are so grateful to him his team for helping make that happen for us. I will treasure these photos for the rest of my life, as a beautiful reminder of my favorite day, my wedding day, and the first day of my marriage. It was most definitely money well spent, and worth every single penny, without a doubt.

Sent on 10/04/2018

Nyara · Married on 05/26/2018

When my now-husband and I got engaged we both agreed that our photographer was one thing we could not cut corners on. We booked Duy for our engagements and wedding and were not disappointed! He was professional from the first phone call to the last moments of our wedding. We are not really used to having our photos taken beyond your typical “cheeeese” but that wasn’t a problem for Duy as for formal photos he directed us to what looked best and the rest were just organic and natural which created for an even more beautiful product. And the quality is just outstanding! When booking with Duy you’re not just booking somebody to document your wedding, your booking somebody who has the ability to capture all of the love and joy you felt on this special day and to help you feel it over and over again every time you look at his work. A true artist!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Jinwoo · Married on 01/13/2018

We just received the photos from our wedding, and we have to say that Duy is the best! He took the pictures in a way that we could truly feel the magic of the moment as we were looking through them. Shortly before sending us the finalized photos, he also sent us a slideshow of the highlights from our wedding, and we must have watched it at least twenty times! The photos were that good, and we really felt like we were reliving all the best moments from our wedding. For some of the photos, especially those that involved light decorations, he put in effects that really enhanced the atmosphere and made the photos seem magical.

Leading up to and during the wedding, Duy and his assistant, as well as our second photographer (Lisa), were utmost professionals. They did a great job managing time and being cognizant of how much sunlight we would have throughout the day. Our wedding day was fairly hectic, but Duy made sure to talk us through so that we were in our happy places for all of our photos. We think that really helped make all the photos look very natural. Even the posed photos looked natural and unforced and "in the moment" despite the fact that we were posing.

Because Duy's services were pricier than many of the other wedding photographers we had been considering, we were initially hesitant, but after we met with him, we knew he was the one. He met with us personally for a consultation before we formally booked him, and we could tell from the meeting that he was a genuinely nice person with a lot of expertise shooting weddings. He showed us some albums to look at, and his experience was self-evident. Photography was a significant chunk of our wedding budget, but looking at the photos we received, we have no regrets, and we think it was probably the best decision ever for our wedding! Duy is truly as good as it gets!

-Stacey & Jinwoo

Sent on 02/22/2018

Christopher · Married on 11/25/2016

Choosing a wedding photographer is a daunting task. How many times do you get married (Elizabeth Taylor excluded)?? Anyway, it's not a decision to take lightly! We came across Duy Ho's work through a website highlighting photographers who capture the emotion of the day and immediately knew we wanted him to chronicle the most important day of our lives. Now he's just sent us a sample of the images he and his assistant Shaunte Dittmar captured and I can honestly say we are overjoyed with the results!! More importantly was how easy they both were to work with the whole day and how communicative and professional Duy was leading up to the day. He truly made the BEST day of our lives even BETTER.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Chris · Married on 10/15/2016

The way most people feel about papercuts is the same way I feel about having my picture taken.

Candids are our style.

Duy’s portfolio is really impressive. Full of evocative candid moments – and somehow everything is impeccably, architecturally composed and happening spontaneously. His eye and unobtrusive, documentary shooting style made him our obvious first choice.

When we got the photos back, we were amazed to see how perceptive Duy was when it came to capturing the personalities and character of guests and family. He gave us an artistic, accurate, and memorable portrait of a really special day and we have the photos to prove it. These are the photos we’ll show our kids someday - and they’re cool.

Talented, humble professional with zero attitude.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Kristina · Married on 08/06/2016

Working with Duy was a delight to say the least. From the first time we met him, we knew he would be our wedding photographer. He was professional, informative and always responsive during the entire process. We were fortunate enough to have Duy shoot our engagement and wedding photos – both were top notch and exceeded our expectations in every way. During our big day, he kept us on time and made sure we got all the right shots. He was very PROFESSIONAL and worked extremely well with all our vendors. The day after our wedding he sent us a few teaser photos and a few days thereafter we received another 15 photos – what a pleasant surprise! We loved every photo and could not be happier with our decision to use him. Even the presentation of the USB drive with all the wedding photos was above and beyond our expectations. I would HIGHLY recommend using Duy for your wedding if you want beautiful photos filled with emotion.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Christina · Married on 07/15/2016

Duy is an artist. We were incredibly picky about choosing our wedding photographer - we wanted someone who could not only capture beautiful portraiture, but also great environmental shots since we knew we'd be taking photos near the Golden Gate Bridge and the Presidio. His photos are crisp and timeless, and he has an incredibly eye for retouching them to make gorgeous color palettes and compositions pop even more. On top of it all, he's exceedingly patient, kind, and responsive. Any stress you may feel leading up to and on your wedding day won't come from him - as soon as we met him, we knew we could trust him to do his thing and it would turn out amazing. Book him as soon as you can, because he's in high demand, and he's worth it!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Lisa · Married on 05/29/2016

My husband and I got married back in May of this year. Duy Ho and team are amazing photographers! They are the best when it comes to taking vintage and timeless photos. For our wedding, not only did Duy capture all of the precious moments, but they also went around and took lots of pictures of all guests. My guests were thrilled to have photos of their own. Duy and his team are a team of professionals who are very understanding and accommodating. They were extremely pleasant to work with. My husband and I had a great time working with them. I love how they also captured all of the decor. Since most of the decor was DIY, I was so happy they captured every tiny detail of them. If you're looking for the best vintage/classy/timeless photos, Duy Ho Photography is the team to book for your special day!

Sent on 10/21/2016

The first thing that comes to mind when we describe our experience with Duy, is his ability to get to know the people he is working with. By doing this, you become comfortable with him being around, and it is easier to be yourself.

Usually when you have a photographer, you want them to blend into the background. Duy and his team were exceptional in blending in and encompassing our memories.

Once the event starts, you can focus on enjoying all the moments and trust that Duy and his team will work their magic.

Picking the photographer for your wedding is very important because while the event is 6-8 hours, it will go very quickly and it will be hard to remember the small details. Duy and his team did an excellent job at creating a story through photography; the photos capture the moments so vividly, it's like you're reliving them with all the emotions.

Duy's style is very unique because it's blend of documentary and photojournalism. It is very hard to pick your favorite picture, because there are too many high quality photos to choose from.

We highly recommend Duy to capture your special day.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Stacy · Married on 05/14/2016

Incredible photographer!!!

My husband and I searched high and low for a wedding photographer, starting locally and unable to find someone who had photos that touched us. We ended up expanding our search to northern California and found Duy. From our initial meeting with Duy we knew he was exactly what we had been searching for! Duy is incredibly easy to work with and knows how to capture moments unlike anyone else. If we could give more than 5 stars we would because the product that he delivers is beyond what we could have hoped. We can't recommend him enough!!! All of our friends and family are in awe of our wedding photos. Thank you for capturing all of our special moments during our wedding day!!!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Lindsay · Married on 04/25/2016

Duy has an incredible design eye and a unique ability to capture space and motion. (May I add that he is a Harvard-trained architect in his previous career?) His photography is unlike any other we've seen and the results are these really beautiful, unexpected moments where we didn't even realize he was there to capture them.

Can't thank Duy enough for the wonderful photos but more importantly, his professionalism, punctuality and calming presence. He made the day so enjoyable and easy for us and we never felt like we posed for any photos.

Duy also gave us a preview within the week of our wedding and we were so glad to have a few great moments that week to share with the rest of our family and friends who couldn't be there with us on the wedding day.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Choosing Duy as our photographer was the best decision we made for our wedding. He is an incredible photographer, and he did an amazing job of capturing the details and raw emotions of our wedding. We had a traditional Hindu wedding, which has very subtle rituals and symbolism (all explained in Sanskrit) which can be very difficult to follow, let alone capture in photography. Duy did an amazing job of documenting every step of our Indian wedding, from the baraat (groom's procession) to the reception. His photography style is candid, which we wanted, yet he was very patient in taking all the formal family photos our parents requested. Our family has relived our wedding day many, many times by looking through his photos, and we still get compliments on how well the photographs turned out. Couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Andrew · Married on 10/03/2015

When choosing a photographer we were looking for someone that had a style - an art - something with soul. Duy's photographs were the only ones that made us stop and say "wow"; we knew he was the right man for the job. We weren't disappointed. Duy is as skilled and professional as they come. My wife particularly appreciated his calm energy and, for lack of a better word, serenity throughout the day. Duy was a presence when he needed to be, directing group photos with an assertive yet patient demeanor, which helped us greatly to keep things on schedule. At other times, we didn't even notice he was there until we saw his incredible shots later. As my wife has said, he captured moments that we didn't even realize happened. Duy is, in our opinion, one of the best, and has our highest recommendation. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Lisa · Married on 09/26/2015

We were searching for a photographer for months and was starting to get frustrated because we weren't finding what we were looking for. I kept coming across Duy's page. Once I saw his work I knew he was it! We met with him and immediately knew he had the job. The way he captured moments was amazing. He and his team were extremely professional and easy to work with. We have received so many compliments on our photos and couldn't be more happy with the end results. Would hire again him in a heart beat!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Julia · Married on 06/20/2015

Duy is simply amazing!

As we were searching for a wedding photographer, I remember my jaw dropping when I first went to Duy's website and saw his portfolio. He captures and creates dramatic, stunning images in a photo-journalist style and immediately my husband and I wanted to work with him!

During our engagement session, Duy put us both right at ease, helping direct us without posing and heavy involvement. He was flexible and creative, drawing inspiration from the scene around him (Lands End and Sutro Baths) and quickly seized opportunities as the lighting changed. The result was dramatic and we had dozens of off-the-charts images from our engagement shoot to use for our Save the Date.

On the wedding day, Duy was again, simple and easy to work with. Duy happily worked with our request of an abbreviated portrait session so we could enjoy cocktail hour and found other opportunities throughout the evening to do quick portraits. As for the ceremony and reception, Duy was like a fly on the wall, observing and capturing all that's going on without adding distraction or involving himself -- just like a great photographer should!

While our wedding was only a few weeks ago and we haven't yet seen all of our pictures, Duy shared about 20 images to give us a sense of what he had captured on the wedding day. Again, we were floored. From our portraits to the candids, every image is beautiful, soulful, and captures the energy of the moment. I have no doubt we will have a hard time choosing what to put in our wedding album!

We would whole-heartedly recommend Duy to anyone looking for a photographer! But, I would book him fast -- he is so wonderfully talent, I'm sure he will book up (and probably raise his rates!) fast because he's on a whole other level from most of the other wedding photographers out there.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Duy was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had a phone consultation a few months before as we were coming in from out of town. We met him in person a couple of days before the big day to discuss in detail what we are looking for and styles we liked. We have only seen a few sneak peaks from him so far, but everything has been amazing. He gives good direction, captures the moment, and made us feel at ease and comfortable right away. Can't wait to see more from him.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Duy Ho was an amazing choice for our photographer. I'm very self-conscious and hate pictures of me, so the fact that I have tons of photos that I'd be proud to frame speaks volumes of his work. Duy is also very calming and professional, which makes spending all day with him a breeze. He did a really nice job preparing us for the big day during the engagement shoot. Duy spent hours and hours gradually getting two awkward individuals to relax and loosen up, and his expert eye and gentle coaching during this session helped us feel much more comfortable when the wedding rolled around. Duy was also super flexible and positive throughout the entire wedding-planning process. When it was forecast to rain, he was the only one who could cheer me up, detailing all of the beautiful shots he would get if it did. I was almost disappointed when it didn't rain... almost. ;-) Finally, Duy is very mindful of who he partners with and always brings an equally excellent colleague with him to all of his wedding shoots, which means we got twice as many amazing pictures. Most importantly, Duy and his team captured the essence of our day-- all the magic moments that we can now take in and fully appreciate for the rest of our lives. We would absolutely use Duy for any major life event in the future. Thanks, Duy!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Lindsey · Married on 04/25/2015

Duy is amazing, amazing, amazing. I cannot say enough good things about his photography and about working with him in general. First of all, he is extremely professional, answers all emails nearly instantaneously, and really helps to prepare you prior to the wedding in terms of organizing what types of shots you want, and takes time to get to know the personality of the bride and groom. His style is extremely artistic. For our wedding, he did all the standard family and group photos and tons of gorgeous artistic photos capturing memories from the whole night. Duy was incredibly flexible, and he took every opportunity to catch meaningful moments, even spur of the moment. Since the wedding, family and friends have been gushing over the photos, saying how they wish they could renew their vows just to have him be the photographer. Best choice ever for a wedding (or any event) photographer!!!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Lindsey · Married on 04/25/2015

Sent on 09/12/2015

Jenn · Married on 01/17/2015

Duy was amazing to work with! He responded quickly to all my questions and concerns leading up to my wedding day. He understood what I wanted out of my photos and I was so beyond happy with the end product. His photos really captured all the candid moments with family and friends and he made my husband and I feel very comfortable during the shoots. Thank you Duy for giving me the most amazing memories of my wedding!

Sent on 03/18/2015

Duy was easy to work with and very professional. He takes amazing pictures (great lighting!) and catered to all of requests for our wedding. We really enjoyed having him as part of our wedding!

Sent on 01/31/2015