Duvall Catering & Events Reviews

Duvall Catering & Events 6
Duvall Catering & Events 7

Donna · Getting married on 10/09/2020

Corporate Event

I used Duvall for a corporate dinner held at the Old Exchange. Ashlyn was great to work with. Her suggestions for flowers and decor were amazing. She worked with me to set the right mood for the setting and helped me stay within budget.

The staff was so efficient and moved at lightning speed. It simply astounded me how the pulled it all together in such a short amount of time.

I highly recommend Duvall for any event.

Sent on 10/04/2019
    Duvall Catering & Events 8
  • Marketa

Marketa williams · Married on 10/06/2019

Floral/cakes

Kasey Anders was great my vision for a intimate wedding with beautiful flowers and cakes was definitely executed. Everything looked amazing I wanted a golf cake for my then fiancé and they delivered. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/12/2019
    Duvall Catering & Events 15
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Keiper · Married on 08/25/2019

Excellent service

Duvall was responsive, helpful, and an excellent value. So grateful we found them.

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Estela

Estela Patron · Married on 07/27/2019

Awesome Catering, Floral & Decor

We had such an amazing experience with Duvall from initial outreach to event execution. Alicia was a dream to work with: super friendly and accommodating ensuring we stayed within our budget while our guests enjoyed creative and delicious food! Similarly, Ashlyn with floral and decor ensured that our vision for a casual, cozy beach wedding came to life. I cannot recommend the team at Duvall strongly enough! THANK YOU!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Marisa

Marisa Ingram · Married on 06/28/2019

Phenomenal experience all around! Hire them!!!

We truly can't begin to express how wonderful it was to work with Duvall. We had a very small 8 person elopement/micro wedding and while our event was tiny, we were always made to feel we were every bit as important as a larger and grander affair. We were working primarily with Emma who was an absolute delight from start to finish. She was warm and friendly, but also highly attentive and detail oriented. Emma was always so quick to respond and flexible in adjusting to our changing needs. From helping us plan our menu, responding to dietary requests, and seating arrangements - she truly helped and guided us ever step of the way.

When our wedding day finally arrived, we were absolutely blown away! The flowers exceeded our expectations - completely lush and romantic and the colors so perfectly suited to my dress as well as to the exquisite room we were married in (and from which I took color inspiration). Kudos to Kasey in floral and decor for nailing my requests! And the food - wow! It completely blew us away. It was over the top delicious and all of our guests were raving about it. We had filet mingon and it was so tender that it didn't even require a steak knife. It was far and away the best meal I've had at a wedding!

Our day of event manager, Brynn, could not have been more fantastic. She was lovely and saw that everything was taken care of at exactly the right time. She kept things humming along, and we felt we were in such good hands all night long!

We truly couldn't have asked for a better event. It was all our dreams come true and felt like sheer magic. We absolutely couldn't have done it without the team at Duvall. I highly, highly recommend this wonderful team!

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • ghay

Genevieve H · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing wedding catering with the best staff!

We are so glad we ended up with Duvall for our wedding! Alicia, the catering manager, is incredible. From her first menu proposal to the day of the wedding, she was absolutely wonderful. Between the food allergies, vegetarians, and my family’s high expectations, she went above and beyond to accommodate us, help us budget, and construct a delicious and well-flowing meal. Her communication went above and beyond any other vendor I’ve had the pleasure of knowing — she checked in consistently and proactively with questions most would not consider. The food (which we were actually able to eat, thanks to her offer to make plates of our favorite dishes) was SO good, especially the dairy-free fried green tomatoes the chefs made specifically to accommodate my milk allergy. We could not recommend Duvall more!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Brittany Space · Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing food and service!

It’s true, you get what you pay for but with Duvall, we feel like we got more then what we paid for! The BBQ and Shrimp and grits were amazing! Also the best and cheapest bar service we found, even with the local craft beer we chose! They are a must use!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Ella Thigpen · Married on 03/30/2019

Loved Duvall!!

Loved working with Alicia and Amanda!! Duvall was awesome at setting up all of our decor and food - I was barely involved - from setup to tear down they were all over it!! I never worried about a thing and was SO pleased with how it all went!! We did get feedback from guests that it was some of the best wedding reception food they have ever had!! :)

Sent on 04/08/2019

Audra Tobin · Married on 03/29/2019

Thank you for the wedding of our dreams

Duvall Events was THE perfect vendor for our destination wedding in Charleston, SC. A true one stop shop that provides the best quality of service that a groom and bride could ask for! From the wedding coordination, to the food, floral, decor, etc. Duvall did an incredible job capturing our vision and making it a reality! Thank you Duvall for coordinating and planning the wedding of our dreams! We could not have asked for a more talented, professional and lovely group to work with! Thank you Amanda McCarthy, our wedding coordinator for helping us with every detail step by step along the way. Our wedding was truly the greatest day of our lives and we have every reason to thank Duvall Events for ensuring that. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Z

Zashary Morel · Married on 03/15/2019

Amazing Service!

Everything with Duvall was perfect. My main contacts were Alicia B, Amanda G and Ashlyn. They were extremely professional and responsive. Alicia helped a lot when it came down to food/alcohol decisions and my budget; food was delicious and there was absolutely no lack of it at the event! Ashlyn was my decor and flowers, and I got exactly what I asked for! Amanda was my planner and boy did she knock it out of the park. Not only was the decor and set up how I envisioned but I honestly had nothing to worry about on the day of. I did not even have to worry about having a drink in hand, that was also taken care of by the Amandas. I would do it all over again with Duvall.

Sent on 03/26/2019
    Duvall Catering & Events 16
  • Stevie

Stevie · Married on 03/09/2019

The absolute best!

We hired Duvall for our catering, decor, and floral and it was by far our best decision! It was so convenient being able to book so many of our things in one place. Not only were they awesome to work with, but they provided the best of everything. First off, we worked specifically with Amanda and Kasey and they were both so kind and knowledgeable on everything. They were both so easy to communicate with and there whenever I needed them.

The food was absolutely WONDERFUL! We chose the tacos (best ones I’ve ever eaten), the BBQ (which came with some delicious blue cheese cole slaw), and the shrimp and grits. They were all a hit with our guests. Duvall allowed me to come and do a tasting with them before signing our contract and I never looked back after that!

The florals were BEAUTIFUL, and exactly what I was looking for. Kasey understood my vision and brought it to life. She also did a scaled down version of my bouquet for my bridal portraits (which by the way, I totally forgot to pick up prior to the day, but her along with her assistant were so accommodating and allowed my to pick it up that next day). Everything was perfect.

The decor was top notch. They were able to provide everything I needed/wanted, including a freestanding door for our outside ceremony, vintage lounge sets, a photo backdrop for our guests, and so much more all in our color scheme too.

Duvall did an absolute wonderful job. They made our wedding a dream come true for us. To see it all come together on the day of was just so beautiful. I will never ever ever stops recommending them!!

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Huggins · Married on 12/15/2018

Exceptional

The food was DELICIOUS!
    The cake (especially the icing) was OUT OF THIS WORLD!
    The flowers....were absolutely perfect! I may or may not have wanted to cry when my momma brought me the bouquet!!
    I had bought a the finger vase before we decided on a catering company. Duvall flower department did better than I could have ever dreamed with it! Duvall is incredible! Seriously! The cake... I have craved since our wedding day. It was truly the best cake I’ve ever put in my mouth! My husband even raved about it and he doesn’t even like cake.
    Also, we got engaged mid October 2018. We decided on a venue beginning of November 2018 and contacted Duvall immediately because our wedding day was December 2018. We had a contract and they had everything set up within that same week! We don’t live in Charleston and worked around mine and my husband’s schedule to meet with us a few weeks before the wedding.

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Duvall Catering & Events 23
    Duvall Catering & Events 24

Kelley Reeves · Married on 11/10/2018

Fabulous experience!

We used Duvall for our floral and décor for our destination wedding in Charleston and we were absolutely pleased with their services! We highly recommend Duvall! We worked with Kasey and she was so fabulous. From the beginning she was attentive to our vision, extremely easy to work with and very accommodating. And day of, everything turned out perfect and just how I had hoped! Highly recommend Duvall!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Shauna Case · Married on 10/19/2018

Dream come true!!

I don't even know where to begin..
    Duvall was fantastic! I loved they were like a one stop shop. We used them for everything. From decor, tables,chairs,floral,bar,food,cake,they even suggested a DJ for us(who was equally fantastic) I also had Lauren for my coordinator with Duvall. Lauren was amazing! I booked with Duvall a year in advance from my wedding(we also live in another state)and Lauren was always in communication with me and so helpful with an questions or concerns that came up. The day of the wedding I felt so at ease! I knew Lauren along with the inter Duvall team had everything under control. (Including the trailer full of my on decor I had brought along) And I was right! Everything looked beautiful and just like I had envisioned. The day could not have gone any smoother or more perfect with out them. I would highly suggest working with Duvall for all your wedding needs!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/22/2018

Outstanding!

We hired Duvall for our desert bar, wedding cake, flowers, decor, and when all of that planning went so well, we hired Amanda G. For our day off coordinator!

I can’t say enough how fabulous EVERYTHING was and Amanda was my saving Grace the day before and day of. All of our friends and even other vendors were thoroughly impressed with her!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Marissa · Married on 06/15/2018

I had a destination wedding in Charleston on June 15. I used Duvall for floral, decor, rentals, catering, bar & coordination! I live in Oklahoma so I knew it would be hard to plan everything online and over the phone, especially when we are in different time zones! Lauren was my coordinator and my main point of contact for Duvall. From day one Lauren was so patient with me and so incredibly helpful, also she is just such a sweet person! She was there to direct us and keep us on time for the wedding and did such an amazing job, I don't know what I would have done without her! Zoe, who does the floral and decor, was SO great, I described to her what I wanted and she just GOT it. That girl is talented! The florals were so beautiful and my guest would not stop talking about how great the food was!!!!!!!!!! The service was amazing as well. Lauren, Zoe & Duvall made everything run smoothly and perfectly for the big day and I cannot thank them enough! Duvall literally does it all and I would 100% book them again!

Sent on 07/11/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/02/2018

They came as part of the package with The Carolina Belle. We hired the boat for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding and reception. I did not know who the caterer was. We were presented with three different menu options, and the kids chose what they wanted. I was a bit worried, but it was completely unwarranted. The food was excellent. There was plenty and people ate well. Everyone spoke of the shrimp penne pasta, the pork loin with apricot chutney, the yummy mixed veggies, and the chocolate chip bread pudding. By the end of the evening, everything had been eaten. Nothing went to waste! Thank you, Duvall Catering, for making my daughter and son-in-law's wedding so very special.

Sent on 06/20/2018
    Duvall Catering & Events 25
    Duvall Catering & Events 26
    Duvall Catering & Events 27

Patty · Married on 05/18/2018

I began working with Amanda M. from Duvall a year and a half before our wedding and I have to say she must be a saint-- the number of questions I pestered her with over that time was insane, but she answered every one politely and was always a pleasure to deal with! We had Duvall handle our catering, bar, rentals, and floral and everything turned out great. We had numerous compliments about how amazing the food was and the flowers were beautiful! The week of our wedding it was supposed to rain and Amanda worked so hard to make sure that everything would be okay for our wedding. I even changed around the location for the ceremony at our venue the morning of the wedding and she never once complained. Wedding planning is stressful but everyone at Duvall definitely helped take away some of that stress for me!

Sent on 06/01/2018
  • Corine

Corine · Married on 05/04/2018

Duvall is a one stop shop that has everything. We worked with Ashlyn and Lauren and they are amazing!! Both of them are so patient as we changed our minds one hundred time for the year and a half of planning. They work with your requests and really come through. We greatly appreciate all they and Duvall did for our wedding, as they made it a night to remember. The food, drinks, and decore, is top quality and will not disappoint. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/03/2018
  • W

William · Married on 04/21/2018

We used Duvall Floral for some of our wedding flowers. I worked with Ashlyn and she is great. Duvall has a great operation. You can't go wrong with Duvall. THey are professional. Ashlyn, is easy to work with. She wants to make your wedding day great. We used Duvall for the bridal cascading bouquet, boutonnierres, and floral head pieces. Everything was beautiful. We were so pleased. The price was right. They were accomodating for our small wedding requests and it helped us out alot. They followed all instructions and make the flowers just like the photos we provided.

I would use Duvall again for any upcoming functions. You will be happy using Duvall for a wedding, etc. Good people and they do a great job.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 04/15/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Duvall! I first chose them as my caterer, then later my florist and then after our tasting our Baker! This was a destination wedding and they made it sooo easy using their 3 services! From the beginning Lauren was also so prompt and helpful! Then after chatting with Zoe I knew I had to chose them for my floral team as well! I got to meet both Lauren and Zoe at our tasting about 6 months before the wedding and knew we'd made the right decision. They were both so friendly, helpful and professional throughout the entire process, making planning my destination wedding way easier than expected!

The day of the wedding their team did an AMAZING job, the weather threw a bit of a curveball but they all handled it perfectly. We felt so bad for the staff who were getting soaked between the kitchen van and veranda but they never let themselves seem phased, everything went off without a hitch. The bar staff were great and made sure everyone especially myself, my husband and even my mother were perfectly taken care of. People were also obsessed with our signature Plantation Cocktail! The food was great as expected, especially the late night sliders and fries everyone loved it! My family (who like to think of themselves as food/dessert critics) could not stop raving about the wedding cake! My family members could not stop saying how the cake was the best cake they have ever had (and many have traveled the world)! They were actually disappointed that the baker wasn’t local to us up in MA!

When it came to the floral/decor I could not have been any happier with Zoe and her team! I was OBSESSED with my bouquet and the rest of the arrangements! Everything looked so beautiful!

I would absolutely recommend Duvall for their catering, bar, floral/decor and cake services!

Sent on 04/27/2018
    Duvall Catering & Events 28

Brent · Married on 03/24/2018

Duvall not only met but exceeded our expectations. They attended to every detail and our son's rehearsal dinner was flawless. Many thanks to everyone at Duvall for such a memorable event!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Lindsay · Married on 03/17/2018

We loved working with Amanda at Duvall! She was very helpful in choosing the food and drinks for our wedding reception and cocktail hour. We used Duvall for food and beverages. Duvall was open to changing a few of their menu items to better suit our tastes. The food was great (people are still talking about the fried green tomato hors d'oeuvres), and the staff was friendly and professional. We also did a tasting with another popular caterer in Charleston. Duvall blew them away in both courtesy, friendliness, taste, and value. You will not go wrong if you choose Duvall!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Hannah · Married on 12/16/2017

Duvall Events was an absolute dream throughout the wedding process! I was very intimidated going into wedding planning and preparation, however Zoe and her entire team walked me through it with ease! I honestly do not know what I would have done without Zoe - her design, florals, recommendations and guidance were invaluable. She ensured that my black tie wedding was everything I could have imagined. She even included a cigar bar for my husband, which was a huge hit! If I had to do it all over, I would absolutely use Duvall Events again. I hope to use Duvall and Zoe for events to come!

Sent on 03/25/2018
    Duvall Catering & Events 29
    Duvall Catering & Events 30
    Duvall Catering & Events 31
    Duvall Catering & Events 32

Eve · Married on 12/10/2017

My son and his bride had 10 weeks to plan a wedding at the Legare Waring House . Duvall staged the wedding set up, provided the wedding planner, the flowers, food and bar. It was a charming and intimate affair which was perfectly executed.

Sent on 01/12/2018