Duvall Catering & Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Gillian
    Gillian K. Getting married on 08/02/2022

Amazing food and presentation

Being in the wedding business, I knew when my big day came I had to choose Duvall Catering. They handled everything for me - food, bar, floral, and decor. One stop shop! The sales girls were amazing and everything turned out exactly how I envisioned it! Everyone loved the food and the service that night was spectacular!
  • Courtney
    Courtney V. Married on 02/11/2022

The BEST food !!!!

Looking for someone to cater your wedding? LOOK NO FURTHER!!! The best decision ever! We had the best o'dourves to kick off the reception! I decided to go with stations for my wedding which included a meat carving station, taco station + a BBQ station. It was spectacular!!! Now for the fun stuff, dessert, just flat out amazing!! Overall, just the best! You WILL NOT be disappointed!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer B. Married on 10/17/2021

Ashlyn is the BEST!

I worked with Ashlyn for the florals, lighting and drapery for our destination wedding in Charleston. Honestly, Ashlyn was one of my favorite vendors. She was so helpful and responsive as I kept changing things. Also, the florals were out of this world amazing! I could not recommend her and the Duvall team enough!!
  • Shauna
    Shauna S. Married on 08/22/2021

Exceptional

Abbey and the Duvall staff made our special day a dream. They were punctual and worked seamlessly with the SC Aquarium and Complete Weddings + Events. Using only those 3 vendors made our day so much easier to plan than we expected. Thank you Abbey and staff!
    Janine Married on 06/04/2021

Unmatched Service and Taste!

Hiring Duvall for our food and bev was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Alicia was so helpful in making sure our menu was perfect and was happy to assist me with last minute changes. We chose 3 small plate stations and it gave our guests a chance to taste all of our favorites! The food was absolutely delicious and HOT. My husband's father is a master chef and he loved ALL of it. As far as the service goes, our guests are still talking about how accommodating the staff was. It was pouring rain during dinner and the staff were still so nice and happy to help even while getting drenched walking back and fourth to the kitchen. The bartenders were also a huge hit! I can't recommend Duvall enough if you're looking for top notch food and bev for your wedding!
  • Kim
    Kim S. Married on 04/17/2021

April wedding in Charleston

Emma and her team at Duvall
    Went over and above for our daughters wedding. I can’t say enough good things about them. Setting was beautiful. Food and drink perfect. They even tried to find bride and groom next door to deliver take home meals. If you want everything taken care of for you Duvall is it !!!
    Donna Married on 10/09/2020

Corporate Event

I used Duvall for a corporate dinner held at the Old Exchange. Ashlyn was great to work with. Her suggestions for flowers and decor were amazing. She worked with me to set the right mood for the setting and helped me stay within budget.

The staff was so efficient and moved at lightning speed. It simply astounded me how the pulled it all together in such a short amount of time.

I highly recommend Duvall for any event.
    Joyce T. Married on 08/07/2020

Duvall is truly the best in Charleston!

We cannot say enough about our experience with Duvall Catering. Not only is the food amazing but their staff was so professional, patient and easy to work with. Alicia Brewer made everything very special and always was there to answer our questions and she somehow was able to keep me calm and as mother of the bride she made the day for us!
    Beverly R. Married on 08/02/2020

It was magical

I am fresh off an amazing collaborative party planning experience with Duvall Catering & Events in Charleston. My son and his wife chose Charleston as the location for their destination wedding which required me to joyfully but immediately seek out a venue and a highly competent catering and decor company. The task was no small one; plan a beautiful plated rehearsal dinner for 84 guests from my home in Chicago. Enter Duvall Catering & Events and Alicia Brewer, Senior Catering and Events Manager and Ashlyn Moylan, Floral and Decor Sales Manager. I humbly refer to them as the dynamic duo!
    With the outstanding guidance of Alicia, we planned a lovely plated meal for our guests. The food was outstanding and the service matched. Alicia was flexible and unwavering in her commitment to be sure everything was to our high satisfaction all throughout the planning process as well as the day of our event. I cannot say enough about how seamlessly the service team operated the night of our dinner to professionally serve our guests a delicious meal. Having Alicia onsite for the duration of our party showed her commitment to us and was such a comfort. Nothing could rattle her, not even two unexpected guests for dinner.
    She managed everything with reassurance, ease and grace.
    The decor for our event was an extremely important element to me and I found a willing and skilled partner for this part of the planning process in Ashlyn. She enthusiastically and professionally steered me through a maze of ideas I brought to her, encouraging me to share my vision and ensuring me she could deliver an amazing finished look, which she absolutely did! Very rarely do I find that my expectations are fully met much less exceeded. This experience however was everything and more than I asked for. Ashlyn, listened and worked hard to understand what I was trying to achieve and saw to it that the look I wanted materialized. It was magical!
    It is important to also note that the communication and follow-up with Duvall was outstanding. Emails were always answered and phone calls returned in a timely manner.
    Working with Duvall was the best decision I could have made! This sentiment is echoed by the Bride and Groom and all our happy guests!
    Paula W. Married on 03/10/2020

Rehearsal Dinner Success!

Duvall provided flowers and signage for our son's rehearsal dinner. The blooms were gorgeous and blended well with the bride's selection for the wedding. They were utilized again on Sunday for a luncheon and were still fresh and beautiful. Duvall is definitely on my call list for future events.
  • Lauren
    Lauren J. Married on 02/22/2020

Such a great team!

We loved working with Lauren at DuVall! Her and the entire team for our wedding day were so awesome. She was professional, flexible and made up the best menu for my husband and I for our “date night” theme. Everyone had great things to say about the food and the staff. They set everything up beautifully as well for our table settings. We would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a smooth wedding and delicious options!
    Kara Married on 10/19/2019

Duvall made our wedding vision come to come! Perfection!

We would give Amanda Gosnell and the Duvall team 10 stars if we could! Where to begin..

My now husband and I live in New York City, so Charleston was a destination wedding for us. Having an event planning background and being super particular, my expectations for our wedding decor and vibe were very high. I had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted, but was missing someone to pull it all together, and that’s exactly where Duvall came in.

On our initial call with Amanda, I could tell our styles would mesh well together. Not to mention she was beyond sweet and so flexible and accommodating to working within our budget. She made countless…and I mean COUNTLESS revisions to our proposal month after month. Amanda was incredibly patient with me - giving me tips and suggestions on how to bring everything to life and reassured me everything was going to be perfect.

Amanda also responded to every. single. one. Of my emails in the most timely manner — which, as a bride, was my #1 criteria.

Duvall NAILED my bridal bouquet - it was the most unique and gorgeous bouquet I’ve ever seen. The ceremony florals, the reception decor everything was what I envisioned and more!

OH - we also ordered our cake through Duvall which was super convenient. It was delicious and beautiful, too :)

Amanda is a true expert in what she does and we couldn’t be more grateful to have been paired with her to execute our big day.

THANK YOU!!
    xx
    Caitlin K. Married on 10/18/2019

Duvall is the absolute best!!!!

WOW! Duvall handled the catering, bar, decorations and flowers for my wedding and the freakin crushed it. Lauren and Kasey were so easy to work with and so sweet. They made my wedding planning experience amazing and it was perfect! If I could give more than 5 starts I would!
    Min Married on 10/11/2019

The best!!

Hiring Duvall was easily one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding! We brought them on to handle catering, floral, and decor and they did an AMAZING job. We worked with Lauren and Kasey and they were the sweetest duo to work with! They were so patient with me when I asked them to make a million changes to our proposal (on both the catering and floral/decor end) and they really took the time to understand everything we wanted and accommodated all of our concerns, our budget, and special requests. The food was beyond delicious! We had so many guests comment on how it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. And the catering team on the day of the wedding was outstanding - so attentive and so on top of everything! The florals and decor were also GORGEOUS. My wedding had a little more of a boho vibe and I figured it was probably a little different than what people are used to but Kasey nailed my vision and I was blown away by how perfect everything looked! I would get married all over again if I could just so I could work with Duvall, Lauren, and Kasey again!!
  • Marketa
    Marketa W. Married on 10/06/2019

Floral/cakes

Kasey Anders was great my vision for a intimate wedding with beautiful flowers and cakes was definitely executed. Everything looked amazing I wanted a golf cake for my then fiancé and they delivered. Definitely recommend.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany K. Married on 08/25/2019

Excellent service

Duvall was responsive, helpful, and an excellent value. So grateful we found them.
  • Estela
    Estela P. Married on 07/27/2019

Awesome Catering, Floral & Decor

We had such an amazing experience with Duvall from initial outreach to event execution. Alicia was a dream to work with: super friendly and accommodating ensuring we stayed within our budget while our guests enjoyed creative and delicious food! Similarly, Ashlyn with floral and decor ensured that our vision for a casual, cozy beach wedding came to life. I cannot recommend the team at Duvall strongly enough! THANK YOU!
  • Marisa
    Marisa I. Married on 06/28/2019

Phenomenal experience all around! Hire them!!!

We truly can't begin to express how wonderful it was to work with Duvall. We had a very small 8 person elopement/micro wedding and while our event was tiny, we were always made to feel we were every bit as important as a larger and grander affair. We were working primarily with Emma who was an absolute delight from start to finish. She was warm and friendly, but also highly attentive and detail oriented. Emma was always so quick to respond and flexible in adjusting to our changing needs. From helping us plan our menu, responding to dietary requests, and seating arrangements - she truly helped and guided us ever step of the way.

When our wedding day finally arrived, we were absolutely blown away! The flowers exceeded our expectations - completely lush and romantic and the colors so perfectly suited to my dress as well as to the exquisite room we were married in (and from which I took color inspiration). Kudos to Kasey in floral and decor for nailing my requests! And the food - wow! It completely blew us away. It was over the top delicious and all of our guests were raving about it. We had filet mingon and it was so tender that it didn't even require a steak knife. It was far and away the best meal I've had at a wedding!

Our day of event manager, Brynn, could not have been more fantastic. She was lovely and saw that everything was taken care of at exactly the right time. She kept things humming along, and we felt we were in such good hands all night long!

We truly couldn't have asked for a better event. It was all our dreams come true and felt like sheer magic. We absolutely couldn't have done it without the team at Duvall. I highly, highly recommend this wonderful team!
    Abra Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent Catering

Our food was excellent with several different options for both cocktail hour and dinner. Duvall was so flexible about scheduling a tasting and planning out the menu - I worked specifically with Alicia who was very helpful and organized.
  • ghay
    Genevieve Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing wedding catering with the best staff!

We are so glad we ended up with Duvall for our wedding! Alicia, the catering manager, is incredible. From her first menu proposal to the day of the wedding, she was absolutely wonderful. Between the food allergies, vegetarians, and my family’s high expectations, she went above and beyond to accommodate us, help us budget, and construct a delicious and well-flowing meal. Her communication went above and beyond any other vendor I’ve had the pleasure of knowing — she checked in consistently and proactively with questions most would not consider. The food (which we were actually able to eat, thanks to her offer to make plates of our favorite dishes) was SO good, especially the dairy-free fried green tomatoes the chefs made specifically to accommodate my milk allergy. We could not recommend Duvall more!
    Brittany S. Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing food and service!

It’s true, you get what you pay for but with Duvall, we feel like we got more then what we paid for! The BBQ and Shrimp and grits were amazing! Also the best and cheapest bar service we found, even with the local craft beer we chose! They are a must use!
    Ella T. Married on 03/30/2019

Loved Duvall!!

Loved working with Alicia and Amanda!! Duvall was awesome at setting up all of our decor and food - I was barely involved - from setup to tear down they were all over it!! I never worried about a thing and was SO pleased with how it all went!! We did get feedback from guests that it was some of the best wedding reception food they have ever had!! :)
    Audra T. Married on 03/29/2019

Thank you for the wedding of our dreams

Duvall Events was THE perfect vendor for our destination wedding in Charleston, SC. A true one stop shop that provides the best quality of service that a groom and bride could ask for! From the wedding coordination, to the food, floral, decor, etc. Duvall did an incredible job capturing our vision and making it a reality! Thank you Duvall for coordinating and planning the wedding of our dreams! We could not have asked for a more talented, professional and lovely group to work with! Thank you Amanda McCarthy, our wedding coordinator for helping us with every detail step by step along the way. Our wedding was truly the greatest day of our lives and we have every reason to thank Duvall Events for ensuring that. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
  • Z
    Zashary M. Married on 03/15/2019

Amazing Service!

Everything with Duvall was perfect. My main contacts were Alicia B, Amanda G and Ashlyn. They were extremely professional and responsive. Alicia helped a lot when it came down to food/alcohol decisions and my budget; food was delicious and there was absolutely no lack of it at the event! Ashlyn was my decor and flowers, and I got exactly what I asked for! Amanda was my planner and boy did she knock it out of the park. Not only was the decor and set up how I envisioned but I honestly had nothing to worry about on the day of. I did not even have to worry about having a drink in hand, that was also taken care of by the Amandas. I would do it all over again with Duvall.
  • Stevie
    Stevie Married on 03/09/2019

The absolute best!

We hired Duvall for our catering, decor, and floral and it was by far our best decision! It was so convenient being able to book so many of our things in one place. Not only were they awesome to work with, but they provided the best of everything. First off, we worked specifically with Amanda and Kasey and they were both so kind and knowledgeable on everything. They were both so easy to communicate with and there whenever I needed them.

The food was absolutely WONDERFUL! We chose the tacos (best ones I’ve ever eaten), the BBQ (which came with some delicious blue cheese cole slaw), and the shrimp and grits. They were all a hit with our guests. Duvall allowed me to come and do a tasting with them before signing our contract and I never looked back after that!

The florals were BEAUTIFUL, and exactly what I was looking for. Kasey understood my vision and brought it to life. She also did a scaled down version of my bouquet for my bridal portraits (which by the way, I totally forgot to pick up prior to the day, but her along with her assistant were so accommodating and allowed my to pick it up that next day). Everything was perfect.

The decor was top notch. They were able to provide everything I needed/wanted, including a freestanding door for our outside ceremony, vintage lounge sets, a photo backdrop for our guests, and so much more all in our color scheme too.

Duvall did an absolute wonderful job. They made our wedding a dream come true for us. To see it all come together on the day of was just so beautiful. I will never ever ever stops recommending them!!