Duvall Catering & Events Reviews

175 | North Charleston, SC

175 Reviews for Duvall Catering & Events

175 Duvall Catering & Events Reviews

Marissa · Married on 06/15/2018

I had a destination wedding in Charleston on June 15. I used Duvall for floral, decor, rentals, catering, bar & coordination! I live in Oklahoma so I knew it would be hard to plan everything online and over the phone, especially when we are in different time zones! Lauren was my coordinator and my main point of contact for Duvall. From day one Lauren was so patient with me and so incredibly helpful, also she is just such a sweet person! She was there to direct us and keep us on time for the wedding and did such an amazing job, I don't know what I would have done without her! Zoe, who does the floral and decor, was SO great, I described to her what I wanted and she just GOT it. That girl is talented! The florals were so beautiful and my guest would not stop talking about how great the food was!!!!!!!!!! The service was amazing as well. Lauren, Zoe & Duvall made everything run smoothly and perfectly for the big day and I cannot thank them enough! Duvall literally does it all and I would 100% book them again!

• W

Wendy · Married on 06/02/2018

They came as part of the package with The Carolina Belle. We hired the boat for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding and reception. I did not know who the caterer was. We were presented with three different menu options, and the kids chose what they wanted. I was a bit worried, but it was completely unwarranted. The food was excellent. There was plenty and people ate well. Everyone spoke of the shrimp penne pasta, the pork loin with apricot chutney, the yummy mixed veggies, and the chocolate chip bread pudding. By the end of the evening, everything had been eaten. Nothing went to waste! Thank you, Duvall Catering, for making my daughter and son-in-law's wedding so very special.

Duvall Catering & Events 1
    Duvall Catering & Events 2
    Duvall Catering & Events 3

Patty · Married on 05/18/2018

I began working with Amanda M. from Duvall a year and a half before our wedding and I have to say she must be a saint-- the number of questions I pestered her with over that time was insane, but she answered every one politely and was always a pleasure to deal with! We had Duvall handle our catering, bar, rentals, and floral and everything turned out great. We had numerous compliments about how amazing the food was and the flowers were beautiful! The week of our wedding it was supposed to rain and Amanda worked so hard to make sure that everything would be okay for our wedding. I even changed around the location for the ceremony at our venue the morning of the wedding and she never once complained. Wedding planning is stressful but everyone at Duvall definitely helped take away some of that stress for me!

• Corine

Corine · Married on 05/04/2018

Duvall is a one stop shop that has everything. We worked with Ashlyn and Lauren and they are amazing!! Both of them are so patient as we changed our minds one hundred time for the year and a half of planning. They work with your requests and really come through. We greatly appreciate all they and Duvall did for our wedding, as they made it a night to remember. The food, drinks, and decore, is top quality and will not disappoint. Highly recommend!!

• W

William · Married on 04/21/2018

We used Duvall Floral for some of our wedding flowers. I worked with Ashlyn and she is great. Duvall has a great operation. You can't go wrong with Duvall. THey are professional. Ashlyn, is easy to work with. She wants to make your wedding day great. We used Duvall for the bridal cascading bouquet, boutonnierres, and floral head pieces. Everything was beautiful. We were so pleased. The price was right. They were accomodating for our small wedding requests and it helped us out alot. They followed all instructions and make the flowers just like the photos we provided.

I would use Duvall again for any upcoming functions. You will be happy using Duvall for a wedding, etc. Good people and they do a great job.

Elizabeth · Married on 04/15/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Duvall! I first chose them as my caterer, then later my florist and then after our tasting our Baker! This was a destination wedding and they made it sooo easy using their 3 services! From the beginning Lauren was also so prompt and helpful! Then after chatting with Zoe I knew I had to chose them for my floral team as well! I got to meet both Lauren and Zoe at our tasting about 6 months before the wedding and knew we'd made the right decision. They were both so friendly, helpful and professional throughout the entire process, making planning my destination wedding way easier than expected!

The day of the wedding their team did an AMAZING job, the weather threw a bit of a curveball but they all handled it perfectly. We felt so bad for the staff who were getting soaked between the kitchen van and veranda but they never let themselves seem phased, everything went off without a hitch. The bar staff were great and made sure everyone especially myself, my husband and even my mother were perfectly taken care of. People were also obsessed with our signature Plantation Cocktail! The food was great as expected, especially the late night sliders and fries everyone loved it! My family (who like to think of themselves as food/dessert critics) could not stop raving about the wedding cake! My family members could not stop saying how the cake was the best cake they have ever had (and many have traveled the world)! They were actually disappointed that the baker wasn’t local to us up in MA!

When it came to the floral/decor I could not have been any happier with Zoe and her team! I was OBSESSED with my bouquet and the rest of the arrangements! Everything looked so beautiful!

I would absolutely recommend Duvall for their catering, bar, floral/decor and cake services!

Duvall Catering & Events 4

Brent · Married on 03/24/2018

Duvall not only met but exceeded our expectations. They attended to every detail and our son's rehearsal dinner was flawless. Many thanks to everyone at Duvall for such a memorable event!

Lindsay · Married on 03/17/2018

We loved working with Amanda at Duvall! She was very helpful in choosing the food and drinks for our wedding reception and cocktail hour. We used Duvall for food and beverages. Duvall was open to changing a few of their menu items to better suit our tastes. The food was great (people are still talking about the fried green tomato hors d'oeuvres), and the staff was friendly and professional. We also did a tasting with another popular caterer in Charleston. Duvall blew them away in both courtesy, friendliness, taste, and value. You will not go wrong if you choose Duvall!

Hannah · Married on 12/16/2017

Duvall Events was an absolute dream throughout the wedding process! I was very intimidated going into wedding planning and preparation, however Zoe and her entire team walked me through it with ease! I honestly do not know what I would have done without Zoe - her design, florals, recommendations and guidance were invaluable. She ensured that my black tie wedding was everything I could have imagined. She even included a cigar bar for my husband, which was a huge hit! If I had to do it all over, I would absolutely use Duvall Events again. I hope to use Duvall and Zoe for events to come!

Duvall Catering & Events 5
    Duvall Catering & Events 6
    Duvall Catering & Events 7
    Duvall Catering & Events 8

Eve · Married on 12/10/2017

My son and his bride had 10 weeks to plan a wedding at the Legare Waring House . Duvall staged the wedding set up, provided the wedding planner, the flowers, food and bar. It was a charming and intimate affair which was perfectly executed.

Sabrina · Married on 11/12/2017

My husband and I hired Duvall for our destination wedding at Legare Waring House. We live in New York so we had to get this right the first time. Throughout the whole process, Alicia Brewer was so responsive. While searching wedding venues, we learned that Duvall has an prestigious reputation, so I was nervous to inquire with them. We were so excited that they were completely willing and able to work within our budget. All our guests were raving about the food and the presentation of it. They also organized our rentals through Snyder, which was a huge help. It was absolutely wonderful! We were in good hands with Duvall and would definitely love to work with them again.

Katelyn · Married on 08/04/2017

We worked with Amanda and Alicia and we can't thank them enough for putting the entire wedding together. From the decor, to the floral, and most importantly the food and drink they do it all! I had compliments ALL night about how good the food was and I must agree! The biggest hit was the ice cream bar st the reception, that Alicia upgraded for free to a Ben and Jerry's ice cream bar! They helped us out a lot with the details and I would recommend them to anyone!

Lindsey · Married on 06/02/2017

I cannot say enough kind words about Emma, Zoe, and the entire Duvall team. This was a bit of a destination wedding for us, and we hired Duvall for catering, bar, decor, floral and planning. That is definitely the way to do it! Emma was extremely helpful with picking our menu and finalizing details, jumping on the phone with me if I had even the smallest question, and walked me through pricing and any necessary details. She was wonderful! Zoe worked on the floral/decor/planning side of the process and was unbelievably efficient. I have one defining moment from my wedding day, watching as the decor/florals came together about 3 hours before the ceremony. Zoe and her team were working quickly, efficiently, and absolutely NAILED our vision for the ceremony/reception. Our flowers were outstanding and I am still getting comments on how beautiful they were! Zoe and her team made sure our family had cocktails and appetizers during photos post-ceremony, which was fabulous and truly appreciated by all. She was able to re-purpose a lot of our ceremony details for the reception, which saved us some $$ as well - totally would have never thought to ask about that, but she suggested it and we loved the idea! Even with all of my silly emails about details throughout our 2 year engagement were reflected perfectly. We would pick Duvall over and over given the chance - and we wish we could do it all over again! Thanks Zoe, Emma, and the Duvall team!

• Y

Yera · Married on 05/28/2017

Everything was perfect! I got so many compliments on the food- it was delicious! They really hit it out of the park. Margaret made everything go smoothly and would call me to review all the food and decor every few weeks- She is amazing!
    The staff was so great and friendly. They took such great care of us. The decor was perfect and exactly how I imagined.

They care they put into their events really shows- it was just the best!

They exceeded my expectations of my wedding day and made it so momentous.

Kaitlin · Married on 05/27/2017

Duvall was amazing to work with! They made all of our visions come to life! We used Duvall for everything the food was amazing, flowers were gorgeous, decor was perfect! Margaret and Zoe were so great to work with! If I had to do it all over again I would use Duvall every time! The only thing I would say is I wish we got sent home with more food and cake and cupcakes from the wedding because it was so good and we barely got to eat any of it lol

Kenni · Married on 05/12/2017

My fiancé and I choose Duvall Events based on ratings and reviews from WeddingWire & The Knot. We got to work with great people who went above and beyond our expectations. The service, floral arrangements, food and decor were amazing and I couldn't have asked for anything better!! Thank you for making our wedding day even more special.
    -Kenni & Aaron

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2017

We hired Duvall Events for our daughters destination wedding at Old Wide Awake Plantation. They provided a clear tent, dinning tables, sofa and chairs and signage. We loved working with Zoe Parry at Duvall. She was very organized , creative and responsive. On the day of the wedding her crew was there on time and worked very efficiently. We absolutely loved the results! Thank you!

JoAnna · Married on 05/05/2017

I am so thankful that I found Duvall for our Charleston wedding! Duvall took care of all of our needs, beautifully! From the lovely decor, delicious food, cake and fantastic service, we were very pleased. Our guests raved about the passed hor doerves and dinner options.
    I never had to be stressed on our wedding day, as I knew that Duvall was taking care of all of it! We felt that the staff was professional and gracious from start to finish. I highly recommend Duvall for any wedding needs-they can take care of it all in fantastic style!

Susan · Married on 05/05/2017

We worked with Alicia to help plan our wedding at Magnolia Plantation in May 2017. Alicia was so very helpful and extremely easy to work with! She was so patient with us as we kept constantly changing our menu and even worked with the chefs to create personalized menu selections!
    We used Duvall for our catering, bar, cake, floral, and decor. They have everything you need all within the same company making planning soooo much easier!
    The food was absolutely delicious! I can honestly say that it wasn't your average "wedding food." Our guests were more than pleased and raved about the food - we're still getting compliments from friends and family!
    The staff was very professional and kept our guests happy, as well. They were also very attentive to my husband and my needs - we didn't have to lift a finger all night!
    The decor was stunning!!! Everything was so elegant and exactly how I envisioned it!
    We worked with Zoe for the flowers and she was such a gem to work with. She listened to everything we wanted and was able to produce pictures to make sure everything was just how we envisioned it. She even changed my bouquet from my bridal portraits to the wedding and it was so stunning!!!
    I can't recommend Duvall enough for all you party and wedding needs! Everyone was such a treat to work with and really made our wedding perfect!

Bob · Married on 04/09/2017

Duvall was great to work with. Amanda, for food and catering, and Leanne, for floral and decor, were very responsive and accommodating. The food was great, the steak you could cut with a fork, and the appetizers delicious. The decor was great. The wedding was at magnolia plantation, and Duvall did a outstanding job with the decorations and tables. Would highly recommend them, as I would always use them.

• O

Olivia · Married on 04/07/2017

I used Duvall for my catering & rental needs. Every single person went above & beyond! I highly recommend Duvall, they made my wedding everything I wanted!

Danielle · Married on 04/06/2017

We worked with Margaret for all of our catering, cake, and rentals! Margaret was FABULOUS! I loved every minute of working with her. I probably sent her way too many emails through the planning process, but she was always willing to listen to my newest idea, find all the rentals I needed for my visions, and make any changes that were needed! Two weeks before our wedding, my fiancé was diagnosed with cancer and several members of my family were admitted to the hospital and were no longer able to attend our destination wedding. During this time Margaret kept me sane and worked with me to come up with new seating charts, even when the count seemed to change daily! She was always so positive and encouraging and we cannot thank her enough for being the glue that kept everything together!

Lauryn · Married on 03/25/2017

We used Duvall for catering and bar services. They are so accommodating and the staff is very profession. The waiters made sure my husband and I got food during cocktail hour. Which was wonderful because we were so hungry. The food is delicious. The staff is so nice. I would recommend Duvall for any couple!

Katie · Married on 02/11/2017

Not only was the food amazing, the staff was so professional and polite. They did a great job working around my small venue, never felt in the way, and bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed.