Duvall Catering & Events Reviews

Duvall Catering & Events 6
Duvall Catering & Events 7

Tiffany Keiper · Getting married on 08/25/2019

Excellent service

Duvall was responsive, helpful, and an excellent value. So grateful we found them.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Brittany Space · Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing food and service!

It’s true, you get what you pay for but with Duvall, we feel like we got more then what we paid for! The BBQ and Shrimp and grits were amazing! Also the best and cheapest bar service we found, even with the local craft beer we chose! They are a must use!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Ella Thigpen · Married on 03/30/2019

Loved Duvall!!

Loved working with Alicia and Amanda!! Duvall was awesome at setting up all of our decor and food - I was barely involved - from setup to tear down they were all over it!! I never worried about a thing and was SO pleased with how it all went!! We did get feedback from guests that it was some of the best wedding reception food they have ever had!! :)

Sent on 04/08/2019

Audra Tobin · Married on 03/29/2019

Thank you for the wedding of our dreams

Duvall Events was THE perfect vendor for our destination wedding in Charleston, SC. A true one stop shop that provides the best quality of service that a groom and bride could ask for! From the wedding coordination, to the food, floral, decor, etc. Duvall did an incredible job capturing our vision and making it a reality! Thank you Duvall for coordinating and planning the wedding of our dreams! We could not have asked for a more talented, professional and lovely group to work with! Thank you Amanda McCarthy, our wedding coordinator for helping us with every detail step by step along the way. Our wedding was truly the greatest day of our lives and we have every reason to thank Duvall Events for ensuring that. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Z

Zashary Morel · Married on 03/15/2019

Amazing Service!

Everything with Duvall was perfect. My main contacts were Alicia B, Amanda G and Ashlyn. They were extremely professional and responsive. Alicia helped a lot when it came down to food/alcohol decisions and my budget; food was delicious and there was absolutely no lack of it at the event! Ashlyn was my decor and flowers, and I got exactly what I asked for! Amanda was my planner and boy did she knock it out of the park. Not only was the decor and set up how I envisioned but I honestly had nothing to worry about on the day of. I did not even have to worry about having a drink in hand, that was also taken care of by the Amandas. I would do it all over again with Duvall.

Sent on 03/26/2019
    Duvall Catering & Events 8
  • Stevie

Stevie · Married on 03/09/2019

The absolute best!

We hired Duvall for our catering, decor, and floral and it was by far our best decision! It was so convenient being able to book so many of our things in one place. Not only were they awesome to work with, but they provided the best of everything. First off, we worked specifically with Amanda and Kasey and they were both so kind and knowledgeable on everything. They were both so easy to communicate with and there whenever I needed them.

The food was absolutely WONDERFUL! We chose the tacos (best ones I’ve ever eaten), the BBQ (which came with some delicious blue cheese cole slaw), and the shrimp and grits. They were all a hit with our guests. Duvall allowed me to come and do a tasting with them before signing our contract and I never looked back after that!

The florals were BEAUTIFUL, and exactly what I was looking for. Kasey understood my vision and brought it to life. She also did a scaled down version of my bouquet for my bridal portraits (which by the way, I totally forgot to pick up prior to the day, but her along with her assistant were so accommodating and allowed my to pick it up that next day). Everything was perfect.

The decor was top notch. They were able to provide everything I needed/wanted, including a freestanding door for our outside ceremony, vintage lounge sets, a photo backdrop for our guests, and so much more all in our color scheme too.

Duvall did an absolute wonderful job. They made our wedding a dream come true for us. To see it all come together on the day of was just so beautiful. I will never ever ever stops recommending them!!

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Huggins · Married on 12/15/2018

Exceptional

The food was DELICIOUS!
    The cake (especially the icing) was OUT OF THIS WORLD!
    The flowers....were absolutely perfect! I may or may not have wanted to cry when my momma brought me the bouquet!!
    I had bought a the finger vase before we decided on a catering company. Duvall flower department did better than I could have ever dreamed with it! Duvall is incredible! Seriously! The cake... I have craved since our wedding day. It was truly the best cake I’ve ever put in my mouth! My husband even raved about it and he doesn’t even like cake.
    Also, we got engaged mid October 2018. We decided on a venue beginning of November 2018 and contacted Duvall immediately because our wedding day was December 2018. We had a contract and they had everything set up within that same week! We don’t live in Charleston and worked around mine and my husband’s schedule to meet with us a few weeks before the wedding.

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Duvall Catering & Events 15
    Duvall Catering & Events 16

Kelley Reeves · Married on 11/10/2018

Fabulous experience!

We used Duvall for our floral and décor for our destination wedding in Charleston and we were absolutely pleased with their services! We highly recommend Duvall! We worked with Kasey and she was so fabulous. From the beginning she was attentive to our vision, extremely easy to work with and very accommodating. And day of, everything turned out perfect and just how I had hoped! Highly recommend Duvall!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Shauna Case · Married on 10/19/2018

Dream come true!!

I don't even know where to begin..
    Duvall was fantastic! I loved they were like a one stop shop. We used them for everything. From decor, tables,chairs,floral,bar,food,cake,they even suggested a DJ for us(who was equally fantastic) I also had Lauren for my coordinator with Duvall. Lauren was amazing! I booked with Duvall a year in advance from my wedding(we also live in another state)and Lauren was always in communication with me and so helpful with an questions or concerns that came up. The day of the wedding I felt so at ease! I knew Lauren along with the inter Duvall team had everything under control. (Including the trailer full of my on decor I had brought along) And I was right! Everything looked beautiful and just like I had envisioned. The day could not have gone any smoother or more perfect with out them. I would highly suggest working with Duvall for all your wedding needs!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/22/2018

Outstanding!

We hired Duvall for our desert bar, wedding cake, flowers, decor, and when all of that planning went so well, we hired Amanda G. For our day off coordinator!

I can’t say enough how fabulous EVERYTHING was and Amanda was my saving Grace the day before and day of. All of our friends and even other vendors were thoroughly impressed with her!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Marissa · Married on 06/15/2018

I had a destination wedding in Charleston on June 15. I used Duvall for floral, decor, rentals, catering, bar & coordination! I live in Oklahoma so I knew it would be hard to plan everything online and over the phone, especially when we are in different time zones! Lauren was my coordinator and my main point of contact for Duvall. From day one Lauren was so patient with me and so incredibly helpful, also she is just such a sweet person! She was there to direct us and keep us on time for the wedding and did such an amazing job, I don't know what I would have done without her! Zoe, who does the floral and decor, was SO great, I described to her what I wanted and she just GOT it. That girl is talented! The florals were so beautiful and my guest would not stop talking about how great the food was!!!!!!!!!! The service was amazing as well. Lauren, Zoe & Duvall made everything run smoothly and perfectly for the big day and I cannot thank them enough! Duvall literally does it all and I would 100% book them again!

Sent on 07/11/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/02/2018

They came as part of the package with The Carolina Belle. We hired the boat for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding and reception. I did not know who the caterer was. We were presented with three different menu options, and the kids chose what they wanted. I was a bit worried, but it was completely unwarranted. The food was excellent. There was plenty and people ate well. Everyone spoke of the shrimp penne pasta, the pork loin with apricot chutney, the yummy mixed veggies, and the chocolate chip bread pudding. By the end of the evening, everything had been eaten. Nothing went to waste! Thank you, Duvall Catering, for making my daughter and son-in-law's wedding so very special.

Sent on 06/20/2018
    Duvall Catering & Events 17
    Duvall Catering & Events 18
    Duvall Catering & Events 19

Patty · Married on 05/18/2018

I began working with Amanda M. from Duvall a year and a half before our wedding and I have to say she must be a saint-- the number of questions I pestered her with over that time was insane, but she answered every one politely and was always a pleasure to deal with! We had Duvall handle our catering, bar, rentals, and floral and everything turned out great. We had numerous compliments about how amazing the food was and the flowers were beautiful! The week of our wedding it was supposed to rain and Amanda worked so hard to make sure that everything would be okay for our wedding. I even changed around the location for the ceremony at our venue the morning of the wedding and she never once complained. Wedding planning is stressful but everyone at Duvall definitely helped take away some of that stress for me!

Sent on 06/01/2018
  • Corine

Corine · Married on 05/04/2018

Duvall is a one stop shop that has everything. We worked with Ashlyn and Lauren and they are amazing!! Both of them are so patient as we changed our minds one hundred time for the year and a half of planning. They work with your requests and really come through. We greatly appreciate all they and Duvall did for our wedding, as they made it a night to remember. The food, drinks, and decore, is top quality and will not disappoint. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/03/2018
  • W

William · Married on 04/21/2018

We used Duvall Floral for some of our wedding flowers. I worked with Ashlyn and she is great. Duvall has a great operation. You can't go wrong with Duvall. THey are professional. Ashlyn, is easy to work with. She wants to make your wedding day great. We used Duvall for the bridal cascading bouquet, boutonnierres, and floral head pieces. Everything was beautiful. We were so pleased. The price was right. They were accomodating for our small wedding requests and it helped us out alot. They followed all instructions and make the flowers just like the photos we provided.

I would use Duvall again for any upcoming functions. You will be happy using Duvall for a wedding, etc. Good people and they do a great job.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 04/15/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Duvall! I first chose them as my caterer, then later my florist and then after our tasting our Baker! This was a destination wedding and they made it sooo easy using their 3 services! From the beginning Lauren was also so prompt and helpful! Then after chatting with Zoe I knew I had to chose them for my floral team as well! I got to meet both Lauren and Zoe at our tasting about 6 months before the wedding and knew we'd made the right decision. They were both so friendly, helpful and professional throughout the entire process, making planning my destination wedding way easier than expected!

The day of the wedding their team did an AMAZING job, the weather threw a bit of a curveball but they all handled it perfectly. We felt so bad for the staff who were getting soaked between the kitchen van and veranda but they never let themselves seem phased, everything went off without a hitch. The bar staff were great and made sure everyone especially myself, my husband and even my mother were perfectly taken care of. People were also obsessed with our signature Plantation Cocktail! The food was great as expected, especially the late night sliders and fries everyone loved it! My family (who like to think of themselves as food/dessert critics) could not stop raving about the wedding cake! My family members could not stop saying how the cake was the best cake they have ever had (and many have traveled the world)! They were actually disappointed that the baker wasn’t local to us up in MA!

When it came to the floral/decor I could not have been any happier with Zoe and her team! I was OBSESSED with my bouquet and the rest of the arrangements! Everything looked so beautiful!

I would absolutely recommend Duvall for their catering, bar, floral/decor and cake services!

Sent on 04/27/2018
    Duvall Catering & Events 20

Brent · Married on 03/24/2018

Duvall not only met but exceeded our expectations. They attended to every detail and our son's rehearsal dinner was flawless. Many thanks to everyone at Duvall for such a memorable event!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Lindsay · Married on 03/17/2018

We loved working with Amanda at Duvall! She was very helpful in choosing the food and drinks for our wedding reception and cocktail hour. We used Duvall for food and beverages. Duvall was open to changing a few of their menu items to better suit our tastes. The food was great (people are still talking about the fried green tomato hors d'oeuvres), and the staff was friendly and professional. We also did a tasting with another popular caterer in Charleston. Duvall blew them away in both courtesy, friendliness, taste, and value. You will not go wrong if you choose Duvall!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Hannah · Married on 12/16/2017

Duvall Events was an absolute dream throughout the wedding process! I was very intimidated going into wedding planning and preparation, however Zoe and her entire team walked me through it with ease! I honestly do not know what I would have done without Zoe - her design, florals, recommendations and guidance were invaluable. She ensured that my black tie wedding was everything I could have imagined. She even included a cigar bar for my husband, which was a huge hit! If I had to do it all over, I would absolutely use Duvall Events again. I hope to use Duvall and Zoe for events to come!

Sent on 03/25/2018
    Duvall Catering & Events 21
    Duvall Catering & Events 22
    Duvall Catering & Events 23
    Duvall Catering & Events 24

Eve · Married on 12/10/2017

My son and his bride had 10 weeks to plan a wedding at the Legare Waring House . Duvall staged the wedding set up, provided the wedding planner, the flowers, food and bar. It was a charming and intimate affair which was perfectly executed.

Sent on 01/12/2018

Sabrina · Married on 11/12/2017

My husband and I hired Duvall for our destination wedding at Legare Waring House. We live in New York so we had to get this right the first time. Throughout the whole process, Alicia Brewer was so responsive. While searching wedding venues, we learned that Duvall has an prestigious reputation, so I was nervous to inquire with them. We were so excited that they were completely willing and able to work within our budget. All our guests were raving about the food and the presentation of it. They also organized our rentals through Snyder, which was a huge help. It was absolutely wonderful! We were in good hands with Duvall and would definitely love to work with them again.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Katelyn · Married on 08/04/2017

We worked with Amanda and Alicia and we can't thank them enough for putting the entire wedding together. From the decor, to the floral, and most importantly the food and drink they do it all! I had compliments ALL night about how good the food was and I must agree! The biggest hit was the ice cream bar st the reception, that Alicia upgraded for free to a Ben and Jerry's ice cream bar! They helped us out a lot with the details and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Lindsey · Married on 06/02/2017

I cannot say enough kind words about Emma, Zoe, and the entire Duvall team. This was a bit of a destination wedding for us, and we hired Duvall for catering, bar, decor, floral and planning. That is definitely the way to do it! Emma was extremely helpful with picking our menu and finalizing details, jumping on the phone with me if I had even the smallest question, and walked me through pricing and any necessary details. She was wonderful! Zoe worked on the floral/decor/planning side of the process and was unbelievably efficient. I have one defining moment from my wedding day, watching as the decor/florals came together about 3 hours before the ceremony. Zoe and her team were working quickly, efficiently, and absolutely NAILED our vision for the ceremony/reception. Our flowers were outstanding and I am still getting comments on how beautiful they were! Zoe and her team made sure our family had cocktails and appetizers during photos post-ceremony, which was fabulous and truly appreciated by all. She was able to re-purpose a lot of our ceremony details for the reception, which saved us some $$ as well - totally would have never thought to ask about that, but she suggested it and we loved the idea! Even with all of my silly emails about details throughout our 2 year engagement were reflected perfectly. We would pick Duvall over and over given the chance - and we wish we could do it all over again! Thanks Zoe, Emma, and the Duvall team!

Sent on 06/15/2017
  • Y

Yera · Married on 05/28/2017

Everything was perfect! I got so many compliments on the food- it was delicious! They really hit it out of the park. Margaret made everything go smoothly and would call me to review all the food and decor every few weeks- She is amazing!
    The staff was so great and friendly. They took such great care of us. The decor was perfect and exactly how I imagined.

They care they put into their events really shows- it was just the best!

They exceeded my expectations of my wedding day and made it so momentous.

Sent on 05/24/2017