Dutcher Photography Reviews

Dutcher Photography 4
Dutcher Photography 5
Dutcher Photography 6
Dutcher Photography 7

We have only had our engagement photos as of yet but our experience has been amazing! Sam has been extremely helpful and responsive! She told us we would have our pictures within 2 weeks and we got them within 24 hours! Nothing but an amazing experience so far!

Update: Amazing experience with Dutcher Photography for our wedding! They were so helpful in the planning and day-of process and made sure we got the shots we wanted. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Carla · Married on 09/17/2016

I have nothing but good things to say about Dutcher. Rob and Sam were amazing, both for our engagement shoot and the wedding itself. We wanted quality over quantity, candid rather than posed photos, and someone who was going to roll with our casual and somewhat unusual plans. We opted for 4 hours with Dutcher versus all day with someone else and it was the best money we spent on the wedding.

Sam and Rob were professional, friendly, and on top of everything. They captured all the little moments, scripted or otherwise, and because there was two of them snapping away they seemed to be everywhere at once. The photos are beautiful, breathtaking, and hilariously real. At the risk of waxing poetic, it's as though in an instant they saw each friend, each family member, and captured them at their most "them" moments. The smiles, the laughter, the relaxed interactions. When I look at the photos I can't help but smile.

We will definitely be using Dutcher for any future photography needs!

Sent on 12/28/2016
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/10/2016

Sam and Rob did an amazing job capturing out special day. We absolutely loved working with them! From the very initial meeting, Sam and Rob helped us navigate wedding photography (which we knew nothing about!), suggesting photo locations and even offering advice on wedding timelines! They are both so fun to work with. The photos they capture show so much emotion - we'll be able to look back years from now and feel as if it were yesterday :). I would 100% recommend Sam and Rob to anyone!

Sent on 10/13/2016

P · Married on 08/27/2016

Sam was such a wonderful person to work with! From the initial inquiry through receiving our final product Sam was exceptionally responsive and helpful. Photos from our wedding are absolutely stunning and so many small, but memorable moments were captured. If we had to choose again, we would definitely go with Dutcher Photography, they were great!

PW2

Sent on 10/12/2016

Ben · Married on 08/20/2016

Rob and Sam are, quite simply, amazing photographers and even better human beings. Both our complimentary engagement session and wedding photos turned out even better than we expected. Throughout the entire process they were courteous, knowledgable, affordable, respectful--you get the picture. Rob and Sam helped us figure out timing, photo locations, and even served as impromptu chauffeurs when our party bus failed to show up! (Unlike Rob and Sam, avoid N Motion Party Bus.)

We are positive thrilled with their work, and you will be, too.

Sent on 09/12/2016
  • Summer

Summer · Married on 07/23/2016

We are so lucky we had Sam as our wedding photographer. The pictures she captured were absolutely amazing! She was so professional, easy to work with, fun, and full of great ideas. We were really impressed with how flexible she was, as our day turned out to be a crazy rain storm. We had to completely revise the entire line up of pictures from first look, to how to fit 200 people in one picture, and she did it!! Sam also was extremely helpful leading up to our wedding, offering advice and tips. The engagement photo shoot was also a lot of fun. I would highly reccomend Dutcher Photography!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Sunaina · Married on 06/10/2016

Hands down Dutcher Photography was the best vendor at our wedding - and we had amazing vendors overall.

Sam brings such an impressive combination of being incredibly talented and professional (e.g. well-organized, responsive, met every deadline - early), as well as kind and patient. She helped Kyle and I discover what was true to us and was super supportive in all the overwhelming and confusing moments. Whenever Sam was around, I felt like I had a friend who was looking out for me - whether it was when she lent me the scarf she was wearing because it made the outfit for engagement pictures look so much better, or when she talked me down from a stressed-out moment a week before the wedding, or when she gave me lip gloss out of her purse to do touch ups during my wedding. But Sam's not just a solid person, she's an incredible photographer. It was so important for us to capture the emotion of our ceremony, and Sam has a tremendously keen ability to do that. My husband and I are also a little awkward, especially in front of a camera, but Sam put us at ease and made us look pretty amazing :) I could not recommend Dutcher Photography more!

(My review is mostly focused on Sam, as we worked with her most of the time. Rob, however, was terrific in the time we spent with him. He's a very talented photographer)

Sent on 01/16/2017

Cassie · Married on 05/21/2016

Greg and I love Sam and Rob! Not only were a dream to work with, but their photos are gorgeous. Super professional and fun!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Joe · Married on 05/14/2016

Sam and Rob completely captured us as a couple, but also as individuals. We received so many jaw dropping photos from our wedding day, and in a crazy timely manor. The fact that our family and friends can access photos from our big day as they please is such a rare attribute of modern photographers!

Thanks Dutcher Photography!

-McKenna and Joe Giesfeldt

Sent on 06/17/2016

I know how hard it is to find a wedding photographer – I felt like I had looked at hundreds. However, I have good news for you: If you’re reading this, you’ve found your wedding photographer. If you want phenomenal photos and the most talented, organized, and easy to work with photographers you can imagine, look no further than Sam and Rob. From our first meeting to our last email, every interaction with Sam was wonderfully pleasant. She took the time to meet with us not once but twice prior to booking, and answered all of my many, many emails nearly instantly. We had a blast at our engagement photo session, and were fantastically happy with the results. When the wedding rolled around, both Sam and Rob were absolutely amazing. They captured everything we ever could have wanted and perfectly. From the more posed formal shots, to beautifully artistic ones of the details of the church, flowers, rings, etc, to the wonderful candid ones, everything was amazing. We have some candid shots that we didn’t even know were photographed. They’re ninjas, I swear. When they weren’t being totally discreet and capturing priceless candid moments, Sam took charge for posed shots, arranging all of the family shots and going through them with lightning speed. (we loved that while Sam was organizing and taking formal shots, Rob was able to document the candid hilarity the often ensued in the background). Our family members also raved about how great they were at the wedding – so they’re a-little-hard-to-please Mom and Dad approved! Bottom line: phenomenal photos, absolute delight to work with. Everything you want in a wedding photographer.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Laura · Married on 09/12/2015

Sam did an amazing job with our wedding photos. Her artistic eye for the sweet little love story that is my husband and I, was truly remarkable after seeing all of the photos she took throughout our special day. Her excitement for certain shots she wanted to get was truly humbling and adorable! Josh and I really could not have asked for a better photographer. She was upfront and honest about how long it was going to take for us to get all of our photos from the wedding and made them very accessible to look through. It was very sweet of her to give me "teaser" photos from our wedding when I asked! She captured the truly fun nature of our wedding and paid attention to all the little details (she was even able to get photos of our sweet rescue pup not looking all nervous!)

Sent on 02/21/2016

Charlene · Married on 09/06/2015

I love Sam Rob and Dutcher Photography. Sam did both my engagement pictures and my wedding pictures that both turned out amazing. I had several last minute changes to my small wedding they were able to accommodate. My pictures are gorgeous, Dutcher Photography were reasonably priced and Samup with the best package that was affordable for us. On the day of my wedding the police were called because of the music but Rob went and spoke with the police and I was never even aware that they were there until days later.

They were amazing you never knew they were there and what pictures they took, they were not over bearing, and just made my day all the more specials because they were so nice and friendly with all my guest, who at the end could not stop complementing me on the great job Dutcher did, I would recommend them to anyone. Not to mention I received my pictures back both times, in record timing.

Sent on 09/24/2015

James · Married on 06/07/2015

We had a small wedding, but that was no problem for Dutcher Photography. We only required one photographer - no problem. We wanted very few formal photos, but a lot of candid photos at the reception - easy peasy. We didn't need the photographs right away - and we still got them within a few days of the ceremony.

Dutcher Photography really went above and beyond for us. The photography is gorgeous and absolutely captured the spirit of the day. They listened to what we wanted, and then applied their expertise to take the most beautiful photographs that fit that vision. We asked that they remain unobtrusive as they worked, so that we'd get really great candid shots; they absolutely were able to do so. They made us feel like the day was about our guests and us, what we wanted out of the day.

If you're looking for a wedding photographer anywhere in Southeastern Wisconsin - hell, anywhere they're willing to travel - book them. Weddings create memories that should last a lifetime, and Dutcher Photography will capture those memories so beautifully.

Sent on 06/14/2015

Choosing Sam and Rob to photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we made for our big day. They are absolutely wonderful to work with! We felt comfortable with them immediately (even though we’re both introverts who don’t particularly like being in the spotlight), and they gave us complete confidence that they were going to capture every special moment throughout the day. They really felt like partners throughout the entire experience. At the same time, they didn't get in the way at all or push us to take more pictures when we wanted to mingle with our guests and just enjoy ourselves. They really had a way of sensing what we wanted without even asking.

We were particularly impressed by the professionalism and grace they showed in managing our large (often unruly) families for portraits. They have a very personable touch, and they took amazing formal photographs while at the same time keeping everything moving smoothly so we could concentrate on the celebration. Throughout the evening, they made sure that we captured every person and moment that mattered to us in a way that felt candid and natural.

We absolutely love the photographs they took, and our friends and family can’t stop talking about how great they are. We got our pictures back in ONE WEEK! There were so many that it took us several hours just to click through them all. Every single picture was a blast to look at -- it felt like we were reliving the day. Sam and Rob took personal and touching pictures that are gorgeous and unmistakably our own. Both the experience of working with Rob and Sam and the final product exceeded our wildest expectations. We cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Michaela · Married on 09/20/2014

Sam and Rob are simply wonderful!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Carl · Married on 08/30/2014

Sam and Rob were excellent--very friendly and responsive through the whole process, and enthusiastic about getting the shots we wanted. The pictures they took in low-light conditions at our partially-outdoor reception were absolutely phenomenal.

Sent on 09/26/2014

My husband and I chose Dutcher photography after interviewing a number of photographers for our wedding. In addition to their photographs, we went with Sam and Rob because of how personable they are and how responsive they were. When planning a wedding from far away, their responsiveness was truly appreciated. Sam, in particular, helped me think through the photographs we wanted, our photo shot list, and the timeline for photographs.

In working with Sam and Rob, they took away all of our nervousness about having our picture taken. We met Sam during our engagement photo shoot and she was so lovely and put us at such ease, we were really comfortable going to the wedding. They were also fantastic with our wedding party and guests – many commented on how lovely Sam and Rob were.

We never felt they were intrusive – yet they captured such intimate moments and it shows in the photographs. The pictures are gorgeous – they captured what we asked for and more. We are so happy we went with Dutcher.

Sent on 09/03/2014

jennifer · Married on 07/04/2014

Sam and Rob are absolutely amazing photographers! They truly captured the emotion in our wedding. You can see the joy, love, and excitement in each and every picture they took! While looking through our pictures, there were many photos that I didn't even know they were there to take. They were where they needed to be the entire day in order to capture absolutely every special moment. I cannot say enough positive things about Dutcher's photography! They did a truly amazing job and I would recommend their photography services to anyone! I can't wait to work with them for our next major life event!

Sent on 07/28/2014

chelsie · Married on 06/13/2014

Sam and Rob were wonderful! Very personable, I was a little nervous have photographers up in our businesses, but they were great and very relaxed, made everyone feel at ease. And od course our photos are amazing. They did not miss a beat, looking at photos was like reliving the day!

Sent on 07/11/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/17/2014

We loved working with Rob and Sam for our wedding. We had engagement photos taken by Sam that were beautiful and couldn't wait to have them capture our wedding day. Sam was very on top of getting all the little details down before the wedding for what we wanted and what our time line was so that on the day we didn't even really have to think about it. On the wedding day everything went wonderfully and I got so many compliments on Rob and Sam, everyone loved having them around and thought they were great to work with for the wedding.
    We got our photos back in two weeks, which is amazing and they look amazing. The photos are stunning and so many of them capture the emotion of the person/people in them so beautifully. Wonderful photos of family and friends at the wedding made a perfect thank you gift for them and are wonderful memories for us to keep.
    I continue to keep getting compliments about our photos all the time and would definitely recommend Rob and Sam to anyone planning their wedding!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Amanda · Married on 01/18/2014

I don't even have words for how amazing Sam and Rob are. First of all, they were so helpful when I had questions about the day-of schedule. I know photographers are the best people to ask about wedding scheduling because they are there for the entire day. Sam got back to me within hours with a detailed list of how long certain things take and reassuring words to go along with it! Secondly, they definitely understood our style and our aversion to posed photos. We wanted our photos to show how much love our family and friends have for each other, and we didn't want to sort through dozens of photos of people lined up, looking miserable. Thirdly, as many others have said, THEY ARE NINJAS. I have no idea how they got half the photos they did, because I was standing right there and don't have any recollection of a camera going off in my face. They never once interrupted a conversation to take a photo or pulled me away from my friends to line me up. There are even photos taken from ground-level as I was walking down the aisle, but I don't remember them snaking along the floor. I swear they have Invisibility Cloaks. It's great seeing photos of you and your new husband being totally natural with each other. I cried a few times (okay, many times) while looking at our photos. Lastly, Sam and Rob got our photos back to us in two weeks. TWO. WEEKS. This is highly unusual in wedding world. I have friends who didn't get their photos for almost a year! Sam kept sending me teaser photos while she was editing them, which was super fun.

All in all, if you want your wedding to look like a cool magazine shoot, or an amazing star-studded premiere, and you don't want to hate your photographer by the end of the night because they keep bugging you, hire Dutcher Photography. I could not love my photos more. Honestly, they are the best wedding photos I've ever seen (but I'm biased). I have a few friends who've also used Dutcher Photography, and their photos are just as gorgeous.

Sent on 02/04/2014

Jenny · Married on 10/26/2013

We went with Sam and Rob for our wedding photography because a few friends had used them in the past year or so and their wedding photographs turned out beautiful. We had the groomsmen get ready at a different location than the bride and bridesmaids, and having two photographers allowed us to get getting ready shots at both locations, which was very cool. We got our photos back very quickly and couldn't be happier with how well they captured expressions and the emotions of the day. I had to have a photobook made because there are so many good shots that I wanted to be able to go back and look at again and again. I would highly recommend Dutcher Photography.

Sent on 12/26/2013

Sam was absolutely amazing! My husband and I looked at several photography studios, and they were all so expensive and only let you choose from high prices package deals. Since we already got married overseas, we only needed a few photos of our small ceremony in the states. I originally wanted a single hour of photography, but Sam suggested 2 hours just to make sure we had all the photos we needed/wanted. I'm glad we went with the two hours as we had several family photos to get through. We ended up with 200+ photos from the two hour session, and they all looked amazing. We really enjoyed the candid shots! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Andrew · Married on 09/07/2013

Sam and Rob were super friendly and made us feel very comfortable. We had both our wedding and engagement pictures done by Dutcher Photography and each set was wonderful. Sam and Rob were great at keeping our group organized for wonderful compositions. They were also upfront with costs and early to every location.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Naomi and Josh · Married on 08/04/2013

It can be nerve wracking when you are trying to decide on a wedding photographer, but if you pick Dutcher you can rest easy because they are AMAZING.

Dutcher Photography was way more than just a photography vendor. Not only did they provide hundreds of breathtaking photos, they also really helped us think about the timeline and logistics of our big day. Sam was very professional at our first meeting, and she made us feel confident that we would be highly satisfied. The day of the wedding Sam and Rob were really fun to work with, and I think we really meshed well.

The photos speak for themselves. People made comments like "I thought that was an ad at first, and then I realized it was you!" We have a lot of pristine, intimate images that really highlighted and captured moments of the day.

On top of all this, they were very flexible and were willing to work with our budget.

A+++++++++