Dutcher Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Heather
    Heather W. Getting married on 12/07/2021

As comfy as a COVID wedding could be

Sam photographed our elopement in July of 2020. My Husband and I originally planned to get married in October, but with the COVID19 pandemic, we decided to change our plans. Sam was very accommodating, considering I reached out less than four weeks before our wedding date. She was always very communicative and made the whole process easy. During our wedding, she was an absolute joy to work with, making us feel as comfortable as possible by sharing stories of past weddings and having us play fun photo games. Even after the pictures were done, Sam's wonderful customer service persisted. She provided a generous number of sneak peak photos on the day of our wedding and was able to get the full set back to us in less than 3 weeks. I will always recommend Dutcher Photo to my Wisconsin friends.
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 10/31/2020

Gorgeous Storytelling

Sam and Rob's human focus and emotional style was the first thing that jumped out at me from their work. Throughout the whole process, Sam was there every step of the way with advice or encouragement. On the day of, they were fantastic and helped with everything (even pinning boutonnieres & tying ties). It was an absolute pleasure to work with them, and we'll treasure the photos they captured forever.
    Sam J. Married on 08/08/2020

Captured us perfectly!

We originally planned a mountain-side wedding in August & were so excited to have Sam travel with us from Madison to Denver. Due to Covid, we had to change our plans & Sam was so wonderful about everything! She was ready to jump on calls, fast on emails, and was so flexible to what we wanted to do despite the hard decision for us canceling our Colorado trip. We got married with our immediate families in Madison and Sam captured every moment of our day so perfectly! We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer or a better person to have for our wedding! We had sneak peek photos within a few hours to already start sharing and the entire album within 3 weeks time. The best part is that next summer we are having our vow renewal in Colorado & Sam is coming with to capture that too!
  • Ann
    Ann D. Married on 06/20/2020

Flexible, Professional, and BEAUTIFUL Photos!

When I started looking for a photographer, I knew I wanted photos that looked like they belonged in an art gallery. In a world of light and airy photography styles, they stood out to me as the timeless art type photos that I wanted. Their prices match the value of the product and the professionalism they conduct themselves with. Our wedding was an unfortunate victim to the pandemic and Sam worked with us to come up with a package for our significantly paired down wedding that worked. At a time that was particularly stressful for me, I knew I could lean on them to help provide good advice for the entire wedding - not just the photographs. I would hire them 1,000 times over. Thanks, Dutcher Photography for your flexibility, professionalism and GORGEOUS photos!
  • Cary
    Cary O. Married on 08/31/2019

Wonderful experience

Very glad we went with Sam and Rob. We wanted a photographer that embraced queer couples and it was clear from their site, blog, and photos they would be behind us 100%!

Very responsive and very on top of things especially right before the actual wedding when stress was high. Can't recommend enough!
  • Rachel
    Rachel W. Married on 03/30/2019

So happy my first photographer canceled!

I never thought I would have said that weeks before my wedding... but boy I sure am! My original photographer bailed on me weeks before my wedding. Dutcher photography was recommended by a friend on Facebook. I check out their insta instantly knew they were the one. Sam was able to book us on VERY short notice and told me how much she loved doing weddings. She was so helpful with literally everything! I even got sneak peeks back before I even got home from our wedding!!!
    Jacob Married on 02/09/2019

Super awesome people

Rob and Sam are absolutely terrific!! I am so happy we got to work with them for our wedding! They captured everything so perfectly that I felt like we were reliving the day all over again when we were looking through our gallery. Great photographers and really awesome to work with. You feel like you've known them forever when you talk to them and they make it easy to be comfortable in front of a camera if you usually are not. Sam always has a quick response and an offer to help with anything, even non-photography related things. We got teasers the night of our wedding and again a few days later, and also recieved the full gallery way earlier than expected. Highly, highly reccomend Dutcher Photography!!
  • Aaron
    Aaron H. Married on 11/16/2018

100% Satisfied

We couldn’t have been happier with Sam at Dutcher Photography. We knew we wanted to meet with her after seeing how good the pictures were on Dutcher Photography’s website. Our wedding budget wasn’t that big, but we had our minds made up about having her as our photographer before we were even done with our initial meeting. We were so relieved - she made the decision very easy! We could tell right away how passionate she is about her work, and we were immediately impressed with her professionalism and expertise on weddings and wedding photography. She was very responsive and pleasant to work with, and we were very grateful for how helpful and flexible Sam was throughout the process.

Our engagement and wedding photos are nothing short of amazing. Sam did an excellent job capturing all of the moments shared among us and our guests at our wedding. It seems like its not very often that everything goes perfect, so we couldn’t be happier with Sam because working with her and the quality of her photos was honestly perfect.
    Andrea M. Married on 10/27/2018

Talented and Fun!

We were thrilled with our wedding photos and had a great experience working with Sam. I had Sam do family portraits for us a while back and knew Dutcher Photography would be our choice for our wedding and they did not disappoint! We were working within a budget and wanted something simple but fun. Sam was extremely flexible and worked with us to find a wedding package that best met our needs. She also offered great advice and guidance on wedding and reception venues. She captured some absolutely magical moments on our day. We are very happy to have worked with her and will definitely look to work with Dutcher Photography in the future. Highly recommend!
    Shannon M. Married on 10/20/2018

Definitely work with them if you have the chance!

Sam and Rob were incredible. We knew we wanted to work with them after the first phone call. From the start, Sam was organized and professional, yet kind and reassuring like a friend. On our wedding day, the photography was seamless and honestly, the last thing on our minds - which for us, was exactly what we wanted. We were able to be in the moment with Sam and Rob doing ninja work in the background. With some of the more formal shots, Sam and Rob easily had us laughing and feeling natural in front of the camera. We are so happy with how the photos turned out, and Sam also had them to us SO quickly! She put together a sneak peak just the day after our wedding - which was amazing! The rest of the photos came within just a few weeks too!

I can't recommend Dutcher Photography highly enough! Definitely work with them if you have the chance.
    Ashley M. Married on 10/06/2018

They're Game!

We found Dutcher last minute and Sam was amazing at getting us up to speed! We had an usual wedding and they were game for everything we had envisioned! They were incredibly easy to work with.
    Geoffrey B. Married on 10/06/2018

My Nerd wedding!

Samantha is one of the most awesome photographers I've had the pleasure of working with. She really knows her stuff, and is very professional. She did an amazing job capturing one of the most awesome days of my life! Would highly recommend and have.
    Sarah Married on 09/22/2018

Five stars just isn't enough!

As a queer couple, having Sam and Rob as our wedding photographers meant the world to us. They were so great to work with and willing to help us every step of the way. They are so talented and gracious, and we absolutely love our pictures!
  • Jenny Cortese
    Jennifer Married on 09/15/2018

Delightful!

Both Sam and Rob are exceptional human beings and photographers. From the moment Jason and I met Sam, she was friendly and insightful. She made us feel comfortable and offered solid advice. It felt like we were meeting up with an old friend every time we met up to discuss the wedding. She also helped us feel very confident in doing things our own way, in fact, she encouraged it. Rob was also a delight! Many jokes and silly stories were shared at our wedding to keep us feeling comfortable. Also, they were more than accommodating when life threw us curve balls causing us to reschedule our engagement photos multiple times. They were very professional, punctual, and just plain knew what they were doing. The two of them together were a great team and we would hire them again in a second.

Jenny & Jason Cortese
    Rebecca Married on 08/11/2018
    Sam and Rob were fabulous to work with. Sam was incredibly organized and responsive leading up to the wedding, and she made it clear that they would be down for whatever kind of celebration we wanted. While flexible, they also offered really helpful advice based on their many years of doing this work (their advice column on the blog was especially helpful). On the wedding day they made us feel calm and comfortable, and the photo shoots, which we thought would be awkward, were really fun. They captured great moments with the guests and of the venue, which we really appreciated. Finally, they were exceptionally fast in turning around the photos! Less than 4 weeks! Thanks so much Sam and Rob!
    Megan Married on 07/20/2018
    Sam was an absolute joy to work with and captured so many gorgeous pictures to help us remember the day. I feel so lucky that Dutcher Photography was able to be there for our day and so grateful that Sam helped make it so special.
    Elaina Married on 07/07/2018
    Sam and Rob shot our wedding at Monona Terrace on 7/7/18, and we cannot say enough about how wonderful they were to work with! They were responsive, helpful and knowledgeable throughout the planning process. Their experience working hundreds of weddings shows! They were instrumental in keeping me calm, and everyone on schedule. They had a great eye for photo composition, our pictures turned out better than we ever could have hoped! Would absolutely choose Dutcher Photography again!!
    Carrie Married on 06/02/2018
    During the interview process, we selected Dutcher Photography for three reasons:
    1.) Their portfolio of work seemed to capture so much Joy.
    2.) We were confident that, because of their experience, everything would go smoothly.
    3.) We had so much interpersonal chemistry.

We are 100% happy on all points! We have an album that captures the depth of happiness we felt from everyone we love who made it to our wedding. Rob and Sam were flexible, fast in responding, and organized in letting us know what they needed from them. They have a wealth of knowledge about weddings (even outside of photography), and were able to point us to resources when we needed. It's also telling that, when we asked our wedding party what their favorite part of the day was, many of them said hanging out together with the photographer before we went out for our portraits!

We used them for our engagement session and our wedding - and, I can confidently say, we'll use them again if we can for any portraits we have in the future!
    Erin Married on 05/26/2018
    Sam and Rob were an absolute pleasure to work with. Sam is attentive, responsive, and eager to help plan the perfect day. We had no planner and no clue what we were doing, and we couldn't have gotten through our big day without them! We didn't do engagement photos so we have a LOT of photos with just the two of us together, which are amazing. My only "regret" (piece of advice?) is that since we didn't have a formal wedding party and didn't plan a very in-depth shot list and weren't very organized, we don't have a ton of photos of us with some of our guests who I wish we had made sure we grabbed at some point. We should have booked them for an additional hour or two and should have planned a bit more carefully in the chaos, but we don't actually regret a thing and will cherish these gorgeous photos for the rest of our lives.

We'll be recommending them to everyone who will listen, and would book them again in a heartbeat!
    Mary Married on 05/05/2018
    We truly hit the photography jackpot when we found Dutcher Photography! Owners/Photographers Sam & Rob are fabulous--professional, organized, reliable, creative, supportive, open-minded, and a joy to work with. We worked with Dutcher Photography for our engagement photos & wedding day/night--we absolutely treasure the photos! Sam and Rob accommodated all of our needs/wants, and made us and our wedding party feel comfortable throughout all of the photos (no easy feat!). They even stayed a few minutes late to capture a spontaneous special dance. We are a same-sex couple and felt understood, supported, and validated by Sam and Rob. Thanks!!
    -Mary and Tanya
    Jen Married on 04/21/2018
    My husband said he was glad I pushed for a professional photographer. Sam and Rob are a dream team. Prior to the wedding, I had several e-mail conversations with Sam asking for advice and suggestions for our casual-ish wedding. She provided a draft timeline and offered great suggestions on timing based on her experience. I met both Sam and Rob the day of the wedding and they had a very fun/calm vibe. They were great with my step daughters and niece.
    They wrangled all the cats effortlessly during the family photo sessions. I wanted a lot of candid photos and they delivered. They fit in like family, and were sneaky like ninjas in capturing memories. If your future spouse is hesitant about paying a lot of money for photos, talk to Sam. She provided a great overview on the time that is involved to produce the final product. We received sneak peak photos a few days after the wedding, more photos a few weeks later and then the entire e-album a month later. Many of the photos look like they came from a magazine. Sam and Rob have a true gift for capturing wonderful memories.
    Alyssa Married on 09/23/2017
    Rob and Samantha were wonderful to work with. They were extremely responsive to all emails or questions we had, and were very flexible throughout the entire planning process and big day. We loved working with them, and have recommended them to many of our friends.
    Daniel Married on 06/24/2017
    As an experienced photographer myself, there was no doubt when I saw their portfolio that we would get quality results. Samantha got all the shots that we wanted and her Lightroom skills are some of the best that I have seen. She is delightful to work with - her passion for her work is clear. :)
    Holly Married on 04/29/2017
    Rob and Sam were so great to work with! My husband and I were so clueless when it came to wedding planning and pictures, but Sam made it all very easy--from giving us great option for engagement/wedding pic locations to helping us figure out a wedding timeline!
    Michael Married on 03/04/2017
    Where to begin in describing the amazing experience of working with Dutcher Photography?! When Sam asked us for a timeline for our event (and we didn't have one), she helped us determine the sequence of our wedding reception. Every meeting and correspondence was effusive and sympathetic, professional and upbeat. On the day of our wedding, Sam and Rob were both everywhere and nowhere - capturing moments we couldn't begin to conceive while also guiding us through the standard wedding portraiture that we are now so happy to have. If you are still considering photography services for your special event, do yourself a favor: stop looking, and contact Dutcher Photography.