Dutcher Photography Reviews

Dutcher Photography 7
  • Aaron

Aaron Hall · Married on 11/16/2018

100% Satisfied

We couldn’t have been happier with Sam at Dutcher Photography. We knew we wanted to meet with her after seeing how good the pictures were on Dutcher Photography’s website. Our wedding budget wasn’t that big, but we had our minds made up about having her as our photographer before we were even done with our initial meeting. We were so relieved - she made the decision very easy! We could tell right away how passionate she is about her work, and we were immediately impressed with her professionalism and expertise on weddings and wedding photography. She was very responsive and pleasant to work with, and we were very grateful for how helpful and flexible Sam was throughout the process.

Our engagement and wedding photos are nothing short of amazing. Sam did an excellent job capturing all of the moments shared among us and our guests at our wedding. It seems like its not very often that everything goes perfect, so we couldn’t be happier with Sam because working with her and the quality of her photos was honestly perfect.

Dutcher Photography 8
    Dutcher Photography 9
    Dutcher Photography 10

Shannon Menard · Married on 10/20/2018

Definitely work with them if you have the chance!

Sam and Rob were incredible. We knew we wanted to work with them after the first phone call. From the start, Sam was organized and professional, yet kind and reassuring like a friend. On our wedding day, the photography was seamless and honestly, the last thing on our minds - which for us, was exactly what we wanted. We were able to be in the moment with Sam and Rob doing ninja work in the background. With some of the more formal shots, Sam and Rob easily had us laughing and feeling natural in front of the camera. We are so happy with how the photos turned out, and Sam also had them to us SO quickly! She put together a sneak peak just the day after our wedding - which was amazing! The rest of the photos came within just a few weeks too!

I can't recommend Dutcher Photography highly enough! Definitely work with them if you have the chance.

Dutcher Photography 11
    Dutcher Photography 12
    Dutcher Photography 13
    Dutcher Photography 14

Rebecca · Married on 08/11/2018

Sam and Rob were fabulous to work with. Sam was incredibly organized and responsive leading up to the wedding, and she made it clear that they would be down for whatever kind of celebration we wanted. While flexible, they also offered really helpful advice based on their many years of doing this work (their advice column on the blog was especially helpful). On the wedding day they made us feel calm and comfortable, and the photo shoots, which we thought would be awkward, were really fun. They captured great moments with the guests and of the venue, which we really appreciated. Finally, they were exceptionally fast in turning around the photos! Less than 4 weeks! Thanks so much Sam and Rob!

Megan · Married on 07/20/2018

Sam was an absolute joy to work with and captured so many gorgeous pictures to help us remember the day. I feel so lucky that Dutcher Photography was able to be there for our day and so grateful that Sam helped make it so special.

Dutcher Photography 15
    Dutcher Photography 16

Elaina · Married on 07/07/2018

Sam and Rob shot our wedding at Monona Terrace on 7/7/18, and we cannot say enough about how wonderful they were to work with! They were responsive, helpful and knowledgeable throughout the planning process. Their experience working hundreds of weddings shows! They were instrumental in keeping me calm, and everyone on schedule. They had a great eye for photo composition, our pictures turned out better than we ever could have hoped! Would absolutely choose Dutcher Photography again!!

Dutcher Photography 17

Carrie · Married on 06/02/2018

During the interview process, we selected Dutcher Photography for three reasons:
    1.) Their portfolio of work seemed to capture so much Joy.
    2.) We were confident that, because of their experience, everything would go smoothly.
    3.) We had so much interpersonal chemistry.

We are 100% happy on all points! We have an album that captures the depth of happiness we felt from everyone we love who made it to our wedding. Rob and Sam were flexible, fast in responding, and organized in letting us know what they needed from them. They have a wealth of knowledge about weddings (even outside of photography), and were able to point us to resources when we needed. It's also telling that, when we asked our wedding party what their favorite part of the day was, many of them said hanging out together with the photographer before we went out for our portraits!

We used them for our engagement session and our wedding - and, I can confidently say, we'll use them again if we can for any portraits we have in the future!

Dutcher Photography 18
    Dutcher Photography 19
    Dutcher Photography 20

Erin · Married on 05/26/2018

Sam and Rob were an absolute pleasure to work with. Sam is attentive, responsive, and eager to help plan the perfect day. We had no planner and no clue what we were doing, and we couldn't have gotten through our big day without them! We didn't do engagement photos so we have a LOT of photos with just the two of us together, which are amazing. My only "regret" (piece of advice?) is that since we didn't have a formal wedding party and didn't plan a very in-depth shot list and weren't very organized, we don't have a ton of photos of us with some of our guests who I wish we had made sure we grabbed at some point. We should have booked them for an additional hour or two and should have planned a bit more carefully in the chaos, but we don't actually regret a thing and will cherish these gorgeous photos for the rest of our lives.

We'll be recommending them to everyone who will listen, and would book them again in a heartbeat!

Mary · Married on 05/05/2018

We truly hit the photography jackpot when we found Dutcher Photography! Owners/Photographers Sam & Rob are fabulous--professional, organized, reliable, creative, supportive, open-minded, and a joy to work with. We worked with Dutcher Photography for our engagement photos & wedding day/night--we absolutely treasure the photos! Sam and Rob accommodated all of our needs/wants, and made us and our wedding party feel comfortable throughout all of the photos (no easy feat!). They even stayed a few minutes late to capture a spontaneous special dance. We are a same-sex couple and felt understood, supported, and validated by Sam and Rob. Thanks!!
    -Mary and Tanya

Dutcher Photography 21

Jen · Married on 04/21/2018

My husband said he was glad I pushed for a professional photographer. Sam and Rob are a dream team. Prior to the wedding, I had several e-mail conversations with Sam asking for advice and suggestions for our casual-ish wedding. She provided a draft timeline and offered great suggestions on timing based on her experience. I met both Sam and Rob the day of the wedding and they had a very fun/calm vibe. They were great with my step daughters and niece.
    They wrangled all the cats effortlessly during the family photo sessions. I wanted a lot of candid photos and they delivered. They fit in like family, and were sneaky like ninjas in capturing memories. If your future spouse is hesitant about paying a lot of money for photos, talk to Sam. She provided a great overview on the time that is involved to produce the final product. We received sneak peak photos a few days after the wedding, more photos a few weeks later and then the entire e-album a month later. Many of the photos look like they came from a magazine. Sam and Rob have a true gift for capturing wonderful memories.

Dutcher Photography 22

Alyssa · Married on 09/23/2017

Rob and Samantha were wonderful to work with. They were extremely responsive to all emails or questions we had, and were very flexible throughout the entire planning process and big day. We loved working with them, and have recommended them to many of our friends.

Daniel · Married on 06/24/2017

As an experienced photographer myself, there was no doubt when I saw their portfolio that we would get quality results. Samantha got all the shots that we wanted and her Lightroom skills are some of the best that I have seen. She is delightful to work with - her passion for her work is clear. :)

Holly · Married on 04/29/2017

Rob and Sam were so great to work with! My husband and I were so clueless when it came to wedding planning and pictures, but Sam made it all very easy--from giving us great option for engagement/wedding pic locations to helping us figure out a wedding timeline!

Michael · Married on 03/04/2017

Where to begin in describing the amazing experience of working with Dutcher Photography?! When Sam asked us for a timeline for our event (and we didn't have one), she helped us determine the sequence of our wedding reception. Every meeting and correspondence was effusive and sympathetic, professional and upbeat. On the day of our wedding, Sam and Rob were both everywhere and nowhere - capturing moments we couldn't begin to conceive while also guiding us through the standard wedding portraiture that we are now so happy to have. If you are still considering photography services for your special event, do yourself a favor: stop looking, and contact Dutcher Photography.

Akanksha · Married on 02/19/2017

Omg! Where do I start to describe how amazing Sam is! From the first time we met with Sam, she was great at understanding what our expectations and style were. We are very camera shy and did not want many posed pictures. We did our engagement pictures with her and it only took 20 minutes for her to take 300 awesome pictures. We knew she was the perfect person to do our wedding with! She is easy going and laid back, did not make us feel rushed on the wedding day and was invisible throughout the day! We must have changed our plans and details a million times and she was always very accommodating. It was always easy communicating with her. The best part was we received all our pictures within a week! I would recommend her to all my family and friends, as I have already started to do! What a great pleasure of working with and getting to know such a cool person!!

Laura · Married on 11/18/2016

Sam was incredible throughout the process of contracting her, figuring out details, and getting down to taking pictures. She went out of her way to be accommodating while I attempted to navigate a DIY, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants wedding, and despite a billion snafus, still managed to take beautiful photos and capture important moments with my guests that I did not even remember experiencing in the blur of the reception. She was professional, easy-going, and full of suggestions when I needed it. I don't think there would have been anyone else who could have done what she did. Do yourself a solid, and book this team!

Daniel · Married on 11/12/2016

Sam and Rob of Dutcher photography were incredibly professional and also very friendly. A pleasure to work with. My husband and I wanted an unconventional wedding, based on a theme, and Sam and Rob were eager to work with us to make the event and photographs fun, including getting in on the theme. The turn-around on having our photographs available was unbelievably fast, and the photos were great quality. So good, in fact, we made it into a local magazine!

Krystin · Married on 11/05/2016

No advice necessary. I planned my wedding with rather short notice, so I was often frazzled with details and short timelines. Sam and Rob were proactive in their communication, which was incredibly helpful. In addition they offered sample timelines and invaluable suggestions to streamline my planning as they day came leaping upon us! The pictures turned out beautifully with a very quick turn-around time. I only wish I had a thousand more pictures to view and remember our special day. I could not have asked for more! Many thanks and blessings to the Dutcher duo! Love you guys!

Rene · Married on 10/15/2016

Sam and Rob are incredibly personable, professional, flexible, and amazing photographers. We've already done our engagement photos with Sam, and have received a TON of compliments on them. They are absolutely stunning. We cannot wait to see the actual wedding!

Lindsey · Married on 10/15/2016

Sam and Rob were perfect gems! I love how colorful and crisp our photos are and how we have a candid shot of pretty much every wedding guest. They made the whole process easy from start to finish.

We have only had our engagement photos as of yet but our experience has been amazing! Sam has been extremely helpful and responsive! She told us we would have our pictures within 2 weeks and we got them within 24 hours! Nothing but an amazing experience so far!

Update: Amazing experience with Dutcher Photography for our wedding! They were so helpful in the planning and day-of process and made sure we got the shots we wanted. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Carla · Married on 09/17/2016

I have nothing but good things to say about Dutcher. Rob and Sam were amazing, both for our engagement shoot and the wedding itself. We wanted quality over quantity, candid rather than posed photos, and someone who was going to roll with our casual and somewhat unusual plans. We opted for 4 hours with Dutcher versus all day with someone else and it was the best money we spent on the wedding.

Sam and Rob were professional, friendly, and on top of everything. They captured all the little moments, scripted or otherwise, and because there was two of them snapping away they seemed to be everywhere at once. The photos are beautiful, breathtaking, and hilariously real. At the risk of waxing poetic, it's as though in an instant they saw each friend, each family member, and captured them at their most "them" moments. The smiles, the laughter, the relaxed interactions. When I look at the photos I can't help but smile.

We will definitely be using Dutcher for any future photography needs!

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/10/2016

Sam and Rob did an amazing job capturing out special day. We absolutely loved working with them! From the very initial meeting, Sam and Rob helped us navigate wedding photography (which we knew nothing about!), suggesting photo locations and even offering advice on wedding timelines! They are both so fun to work with. The photos they capture show so much emotion - we'll be able to look back years from now and feel as if it were yesterday :). I would 100% recommend Sam and Rob to anyone!

P · Married on 08/27/2016

Sam was such a wonderful person to work with! From the initial inquiry through receiving our final product Sam was exceptionally responsive and helpful. Photos from our wedding are absolutely stunning and so many small, but memorable moments were captured. If we had to choose again, we would definitely go with Dutcher Photography, they were great!

PW2

Ben · Married on 08/20/2016

Rob and Sam are, quite simply, amazing photographers and even better human beings. Both our complimentary engagement session and wedding photos turned out even better than we expected. Throughout the entire process they were courteous, knowledgable, affordable, respectful--you get the picture. Rob and Sam helped us figure out timing, photo locations, and even served as impromptu chauffeurs when our party bus failed to show up! (Unlike Rob and Sam, avoid N Motion Party Bus.)

We are positive thrilled with their work, and you will be, too.

• Summer

Summer · Married on 07/23/2016

We are so lucky we had Sam as our wedding photographer. The pictures she captured were absolutely amazing! She was so professional, easy to work with, fun, and full of great ideas. We were really impressed with how flexible she was, as our day turned out to be a crazy rain storm. We had to completely revise the entire line up of pictures from first look, to how to fit 200 people in one picture, and she did it!! Sam also was extremely helpful leading up to our wedding, offering advice and tips. The engagement photo shoot was also a lot of fun. I would highly reccomend Dutcher Photography!