Dunes West Golf and River Club Reviews

79 | Mount Pleasant, SC

79 Reviews for Dunes West Golf and River Club

Christy S. · Married on 06/11/2021

Cannot recommend enough!

I was married at Dunes West in November and there simply are not enough good things that I can say about Jason, Harry and the rest of the team there. My husband and I loved the venue from the very first time we saw it and the trees and foliage in combination with the clubhouse itself made for stunning photos on our day. Jason, the venue coordinator, was extremely accommodating and always responded to me no matter how many questions I had. He and Harry basically act as day of coordinators (for the reception) and helped everything to run smoothly for the entire night while also making sure that my husband and I were comfortable and had food and drinks. The food at the club was also amazing and I got compliments all night from my guests about how this was the best wedding they had ever been to. The bridal suite was also a great resource- my girls and I were in there all day and there was plenty of space for hair, makeup and lunch. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Kristin V. · Married on 05/22/2021

Best venue!!

I would choose Dunes West for our wedding 10 times over again. Jason and his team were AMAZING. They go above and beyond to make the day special. From the moment we began working with this venue to the big day, there were no complaints. Jason was the utmost helpful, he really knows what he is doing. The food, service, location, everything about this venue was PERFECT!!

Sent on 05/25/2021

Danny M. · Married on 04/17/2021

Wonderful!

Jason and his team are exactly what you should look for when booking a venue. They run everything like a well oiled machine and are incredibly accommodating. We truly felt like we were their sole priority on the night of our wedding, which made the experience even better. Because they can provide so much (ceremony setup/breakdown, cleanup, food, beer/wine/liquor, tables w/ linens, etc.) it made planning the wedding so much less stressful than it could have been. They generally set up weddings around sunset so that you get a beautiful marsh sunset as the backdrop to your pictures. I cannot recommend Jason and his team enough, they were fantastic and helped make our day truly special.

Sent on 04/21/2021

Kate M. · Married on 03/27/2021

Wedding Venue

Jason and Harry provided great service on the day of the wedding. My husband and I very much appreciated how it was part of the timeline to allow us to eat before any other guests arrived for dinner which gave us a few minutes to take it all in and enjoy each other in that moment and spend the rest of the time for dinner to speak with guests.

Sent on 03/28/2021

Molly G. · Married on 11/21/2020

Absolutely amazing

Dunes West is incredibly underrated. Between the location and the price, you truly cannot beat it. The events coordinator, Jason, is so wonderful and easy to work with. I cannot thank them enough for everything they did to accommodate us throughout the entire process. If you’re getting married in Charleston, Dunes West is a must.

Sent on 12/02/2020
  • Lindsay

Lindsay W. · Married on 10/31/2020

Fairytale Wedding!

Getting married at Dunes West was the BEST day of my life! Jason was incredibly helpful and accommodating from the "get-go". Any time I had questions, I would send Jason an e-mail and I would get a prompt reply. He is such a pleasure to work with! Now, on to the important details. From the moment I stepped foot on Dunes West Golf and River Club, I knew that this was the venue I was going to proclaim my wedding vows at. My heart had been captured, and I had fallen in love with this venue. The views from the venue are breathtaking, and they made for some incredible photo opportunities. The bridal suite was incredibly spacious. There was plenty of room to accommodate me, and 5 bridesmaids, a flower girl, and my mother. The groom suite was just the "perfect" size. After all, most grooms don't require too much space! Both suites had access to private individual showers. On the morning of the wedding, Jason brought my bridesmaids and I a complimentary bottle of Champagne on ice. The staff at Dunes West waited on us hand and foot. It felt amazing to be treated like we were royal! I seriously could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day. All of my guests mentioned how gorgeous the venue was, and how incredible the food was. Harry, the event coordinator for Dunes West made sure that my new hubby and I had everything we needed while we sat down and had our private time after our ceremony. One of the best things I really loved about Dunes West, is that after the wedding ceremony, they make sure that you have adequate alone time with your spouse so you can enjoy each other's company and your dinner before being bombarded by beloved wedding guests! The layout of the facility is so easy to work with. DW provided linens, tables, chairs, and full-on catering which saved me a lot of money. DW was so accommodating, I think if I had requested the moon and stars, they would have done their absolute best to make that happen! Hands down, this was the most incredible experience. I would not want to get married at any other venue other than Dunes West.

Sent on 11/08/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey L. · Married on 10/04/2020

Magical, perfect, fairy tale wedding venue!!

Dunes West Golf & River Club was the first and only venue we toured. We were looking for a place that had beautiful oaks, near water if possible, that also had the option for an indoor reception for our (originally scheduled) May wedding. The ceremony sites under the oaks are what drew me to Dunes West, but our tour and meeting with Jason is what sold me! He's done literally hundreds of weddings and his experience SHOWS and SHINES. Dunes West takes care of the catering and bar, while giving you options within your budget (e.g., we purchased our own alcohol but served with all the mixers etc by Dunes West Staff). The venue is so stunning I didn't have to spend much time or effort on florals or decor -- the venue speaks for itself! My guests could not stop talking about two things: 1) how beautiful the place was and 2) how amazing the food was!! Having great food wasn't a huge priority on our must haves list, but the food here was incredible and a wonderful bonus for us!! We've had many guests say it's the best wedding food they've ever had!! The day/night of the wedding, everything went so incredibly smoothly, in large part because of the staff at Dunes West who clearly know what they're doing and do this a lot! Jason left mimosas for me and my girls in the bridal suite, which was so thoughtful. The staff rushed out to take orders and bring appetizers to the wedding party while they were taking pics during cocktail hour -- most of the time wedding party has to miss out on these festivities! My husband and I were whisked away to start our dinner before the rest of the guests, and had a magical, sweet, serene, alone moment to ourselves upstairs watching the sunset, and I cherish that so much in the midst of the rest of the hustle and bustle of the evening. I could go on and on, but there are so many things this venue does perfectly. I would recommend them a thousand times over. Do not pass up on this spot!!

Sent on 10/11/2020
  • T.Marie

T.marie · Married on 10/25/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue!

Jason Hanson was hands down the best event planner! The venue was gorgeous and couldnt ask for a better site! Everyone was professional and made the night run smoothly. Look no where else but Dunes West!

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Dixie

Dixie C. · Married on 10/17/2019

Amazing! A dream come true!

My husband and I went to tour a few venues in the Charleston area and as soon as we drove up to Dunes West, I knew it would be the place we got married. Jason was responsive, attentive, and efficient. The staff executed the wedding Flawlessly the day of. Prior to the wedding, Jason answered all of my questions and I had a lot of them. We got married under the big oak tree and it was absolutely stunning. The sunset, the Spanish moss, everything. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Bri

Bri · Married on 08/31/2019

Dream Come True!

We had our wedding and reception at Dunes West on 31 Aug 2019 and it was a dream come true. The main coordinators and staff were so incredible. From a year out and from out of state, we had been communicating with Jason. He was incredible from the beginning flood of questions we had, scheduling tours, and up until the final moments before we left for the day. We did not have to worry about a single thing and we able to truly enjoy the moment in a beautiful venue. We highly recommend Dunes West!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding of the Century

This place is a hidden gem!!! Literally everything about this place is perfect! We had a beautiful wedding without any hiccups and so much of it was due to Jason and his team! The first time I went there, I knew this was the place we would get married at. Jason immediately made me feel comfortable and confident because of his communication and his organization. He created a timeline and made sure his team was aware of the timing and their duties. He accommodated every request I made and executed a beautiful wedding! Also, the food was AMAZING!!! The first thing I hear from guests is either about the amazing food or the beautiful venue. Tons of my guests have mentioned that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to with equally amazing food! I can’t say enough wonderful things about this venue and Jason!! You need to get married here!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Monique

Monique · Married on 05/17/2019

Love Dunes!

Dunes West was the perfect venue for our May 2019 wedding! Jason was incredibly helpful throughout the entire planning process. He quickly responded to all of my emails over the past year and provided great options for the dinner service that fit within our budget. Jason was very thorough during our final walk through and worked well with our wedding planner the entire time. Dunes was absolutely stunning on our wedding day and the ceremony time Jason suggested was PERFECT for sunset pictures. All of the food was excellent. Our guests are still raving about the food and venue. We cannot thank Jason and the Dunes staff enough for helping us bring our fairy tale wedding to life!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Laurel S. · Married on 04/20/2019

Definitely recommend!

I am so glad we chose the Dunes West Club for our wedding! Jason helped us navigate all of the planning and Harry guided us through the day of. The setting is absolutely gorgeous and our guests have been raving about how it is one of the best weddings they've been to!

Sent on 04/25/2019
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 03/23/2019

Beautiful Wedding Venue

Choosing Dunes West as our venue was the first great decision we made for our wedding. From start to finish the staff, especially the main coordinator Jason Hanson, were such a pleasure to work with. They were very communicative and answered the many detailed questions I sent over email. On the day of, they were so helpful, even providing easels and small tables for my different signs. The food was amazing, and it was so easy to set up a tasting. Our guests raved about the food and are still talking about it. I was so glad I didn't have to shop around for a caterer or nickel and dime with an event coordinator about different plates and prices per spoon or anything like that. The staff was so great - they even noticed my husband and I getting a little overwhelmed during the reception and snuck us away for 5 minutes of quiet time - much appreciated! They had everything boxed up and ready for us to pick up the next day; I appreciated that my mom and family members didn't have to stay late after the wedding and pick up every last flower and candle. And not to mention, I think their prices are probably the most bang for your buck that you can get in Charleston. Loved this venue and would highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Meg Nicole

Meg · Married on 11/17/2018

Best venue in Charleston

I don’t even know where to start with Dunes West! Most amazing venue EVER. The food is absolutely to die for. So many of my guests were saying it was the best wedding food they ever had. Even my little sister couldn’t stop talking about it, and she is the type who would be the first to tell me if it was bad lol! The setting and atmosphere are stunningly gorgeous. You get the beauty of being on the water with marsh views, the oak trees, etc. with the modern comforts of an indoor clubhouse. But, the best part of the venue is Jason, Harry, and the team. Jason must have answered 100 of my emails asking random questions over the past year, offering me suggestions and guidance. He seriously knows what he is doing when it comes to weddings. He’s also just the kindest, most professional person to work with. The day of the wedding ran smoothly thanks to Jason, Harry, and the team. I’m so glad we chose Dunes West as our wedding venue. We must have toured 20 other venues in the area, and this one is seriously the best! So many trendy venues like Boone Hall or Alhambra Hall look nice, but they are so expensive and the venue fee doesn’t include anything. At Dunes West, you get the same views, and the Charleston feel but with an onsite bar and catering team who provides all the linens, tables, chairs, etc. Book Dunes West, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Roby R. · Married on 11/02/2018

We found our venue and we love everything about Dunes West! Jason Hanson is also very helpful and he is very responsive on my emails. If your looking for a venue, I definitely recommend Dunes West!

Sent on 01/29/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/20/2018

Incredible Venue

Our guests couldn't stop telling us how much they loved our venue - gorgeous oak trees on the water, great layout, INCREDIBLE food, and a very professional and attentive staff. We loved working with Jason and he made it an easy process. We can't say enough great things about this wonderful venue!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Haley · Married on 10/19/2018

150% satisfied with a day we will always remember

Our experience with this venue was phenomenal! Jason and Harry took the very best care of us and ensured that our day was the best it could have possibly been! They go above and beyond to ensure their clients are 100% satisfied and that is just what we are! The scenery is gorgeous which is only a plus to the exceptional service that is given. If I had to get married 1000 times over I would pick this venue every single time!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Beth · Married on 09/22/2018

Dunes West was an amazing location for our September wedding. The ceremony under the oak tree at sunset was picturesque! The venue had great outdoor space on the water for cocktail hour and the dinner upstairs provided an elegant spot for the meal. Jason was so accommodating and a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Katie · Married on 07/28/2018

Dunes West was absolutely the most perfect wedding venue!!! We had our ceremony at the Citadel but had our reception at Dunes West. Not only was it affordable, Jason was super amazing and fun to work with. He made sure we understood the wedding timeline, let us change whatever we wanted too, and let us try many options for food (which was all delicious). The venue has a beautiful view of the marsh and golf course and people were able to sit and walk around outside , on the upper porch and inside on two separate floors. Jason and Harry are professional and have done over 600 weddings so they know what they are doing. They provide food, drinks, silverware, chairs and tables (which most places don’t provide all of that). They made sure to accommodate every request we had and were happy to do it. My guests could NOT stop talking about the beautiful venue, the amazing view and the wonderful food. I could not have found a more perfect place in Charleston. I highly recommend dunes west. It was a fairytale !

Sent on 08/10/2018
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 06/07/2018

Jason and Harry were AMAZING! I loved everything about my venue and the staff. Everything about this venue made my Charleston wedding perfect. The food is absolutely amazing as well.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

Jason and the rest of his team did a wonderful job on our wedding, from the planning process to the big day. He is very responsive and never seemed to get frustrated with my million plus questions throughout the process. He made us feel special throughout the entire process. The food was stellar, the set up was flawless, and the coordination was impeccable. Jason is fun and easy to work with. We had a little rain during our ceremony, but Jason and his team helped make the transition from outdoor ceremony to indoor ceremony very smooth. Thank you again, Jason and team!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Jan · Married on 05/27/2018

My son was married at Dunes West this past May. Jason represented Dunes West as our contact and provided superlative service. He was easy to work with, professional, well organized, and flexible. I highly recommend Jason and Dunes West for a memorable wedding venue!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Jan · Married on 05/26/2018

We looked at around 10 venues in SC and California and are so glad we decided on Dunes West for our daughters wedding! Jason Hanson and the whole staff there were unbelievably professional and accommodating. Every detail was perfect and our 18 month journey from booking the venue to the wedding day was magical! Our guests have not stopped raving about the beautiful ceremony under the Oaks by the water or the food at the rehearsal dinner the night before and the reception afterwards.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Jan · Married on 05/26/2018

This venue and staff were absolute perfect.

Sent on 06/09/2018