Dunes West Golf and River Club Reviews

Dunes West Golf and River Club 7
  • Meg Nicole

Meg · Married on 11/17/2018

Best venue in Charleston

I don’t even know where to start with Dunes West! Most amazing venue EVER. The food is absolutely to die for. So many of my guests were saying it was the best wedding food they ever had. Even my little sister couldn’t stop talking about it, and she is the type who would be the first to tell me if it was bad lol! The setting and atmosphere are stunningly gorgeous. You get the beauty of being on the water with marsh views, the oak trees, etc. with the modern comforts of an indoor clubhouse. But, the best part of the venue is Jason, Harry, and the team. Jason must have answered 100 of my emails asking random questions over the past year, offering me suggestions and guidance. He seriously knows what he is doing when it comes to weddings. He’s also just the kindest, most professional person to work with. The day of the wedding ran smoothly thanks to Jason, Harry, and the team. I’m so glad we chose Dunes West as our wedding venue. We must have toured 20 other venues in the area, and this one is seriously the best! So many trendy venues like Boone Hall or Alhambra Hall look nice, but they are so expensive and the venue fee doesn’t include anything. At Dunes West, you get the same views, and the Charleston feel but with an onsite bar and catering team who provides all the linens, tables, chairs, etc. Book Dunes West, you won’t regret it!

Roby Rose · Married on 11/02/2018

We found our venue and we love everything about Dunes West! Jason Hanson is also very helpful and he is very responsive on my emails. If your looking for a venue, I definitely recommend Dunes West!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/20/2018

Incredible Venue

Our guests couldn't stop telling us how much they loved our venue - gorgeous oak trees on the water, great layout, INCREDIBLE food, and a very professional and attentive staff. We loved working with Jason and he made it an easy process. We can't say enough great things about this wonderful venue!

Haley · Married on 10/19/2018

150% satisfied with a day we will always remember

Our experience with this venue was phenomenal! Jason and Harry took the very best care of us and ensured that our day was the best it could have possibly been! They go above and beyond to ensure their clients are 100% satisfied and that is just what we are! The scenery is gorgeous which is only a plus to the exceptional service that is given. If I had to get married 1000 times over I would pick this venue every single time!

Beth · Married on 09/22/2018

Dunes West was an amazing location for our September wedding. The ceremony under the oak tree at sunset was picturesque! The venue had great outdoor space on the water for cocktail hour and the dinner upstairs provided an elegant spot for the meal. Jason was so accommodating and a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend!

Katie · Married on 07/28/2018

Dunes West was absolutely the most perfect wedding venue!!! We had our ceremony at the Citadel but had our reception at Dunes West. Not only was it affordable, Jason was super amazing and fun to work with. He made sure we understood the wedding timeline, let us change whatever we wanted too, and let us try many options for food (which was all delicious). The venue has a beautiful view of the marsh and golf course and people were able to sit and walk around outside , on the upper porch and inside on two separate floors. Jason and Harry are professional and have done over 600 weddings so they know what they are doing. They provide food, drinks, silverware, chairs and tables (which most places don’t provide all of that). They made sure to accommodate every request we had and were happy to do it. My guests could NOT stop talking about the beautiful venue, the amazing view and the wonderful food. I could not have found a more perfect place in Charleston. I highly recommend dunes west. It was a fairytale !

• W

Whitney · Married on 06/07/2018

Jason and Harry were AMAZING! I loved everything about my venue and the staff. Everything about this venue made my Charleston wedding perfect. The food is absolutely amazing as well.

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

Jason and the rest of his team did a wonderful job on our wedding, from the planning process to the big day. He is very responsive and never seemed to get frustrated with my million plus questions throughout the process. He made us feel special throughout the entire process. The food was stellar, the set up was flawless, and the coordination was impeccable. Jason is fun and easy to work with. We had a little rain during our ceremony, but Jason and his team helped make the transition from outdoor ceremony to indoor ceremony very smooth. Thank you again, Jason and team!

Dunes West Golf and River Club 8
    Dunes West Golf and River Club 9
    Dunes West Golf and River Club 10
    Dunes West Golf and River Club 11
    Dunes West Golf and River Club 12

Jan · Married on 05/27/2018

My son was married at Dunes West this past May. Jason represented Dunes West as our contact and provided superlative service. He was easy to work with, professional, well organized, and flexible. I highly recommend Jason and Dunes West for a memorable wedding venue!

Jan · Married on 05/26/2018

We looked at around 10 venues in SC and California and are so glad we decided on Dunes West for our daughters wedding! Jason Hanson and the whole staff there were unbelievably professional and accommodating. Every detail was perfect and our 18 month journey from booking the venue to the wedding day was magical! Our guests have not stopped raving about the beautiful ceremony under the Oaks by the water or the food at the rehearsal dinner the night before and the reception afterwards.

Dunes West Golf and River Club 13
    Dunes West Golf and River Club 14

Jan · Married on 05/26/2018

This venue and staff were absolute perfect.

Erin · Married on 05/26/2018

Jason and Dunes West were the best decisions we could have made for our wedding. Let me start with Jason. My parents actually found the venue, and I will never forget my dad saying – “This venue is absolutely beautiful, but the best part is Jason.” We had seen a lot of venues at this point and talked to a lot of people, so I figured this must be a special situation. Special, it was. The moment I met Jason, I knew just what my parents were talking about. Jason is not only incredibly kind, but he is also responsive to your every need, question and idea. He is the best in the business and made my family and I feel comfortable and excited about our wedding plans every single step of the way. When we were unsure of what we wanted, Jason helped suggest things but in a way that still let us bring the wedding to life in our own way. He set us up with a food tasting that is an experience I will remember with my husband and parents for the rest of my life. When the wedding day came, the chance of rain was pretty high. Even though we were worried, Jason put all of our worries at ease talking us through a perfect backup plan. When it didn’t rain, we went through with our original plan and the day was perfect. He is a calming presence that makes everything happen just the way you imagine. I could go on and on about Jason, but let me touch on the venue as well. The venue is perfect. It is so perfect, we did our rehearsal dinner and wedding there! The staff and food were phenomenal both nights. We got married by the water in front of the tree outside, and being end of May, it created shade and a breeze for our guests and bridal party. We then went indoor for our reception, and had a band and food upstairs and downstairs. It was perfect. It was truly the best day of my life, and I owe that to Jason and Dunes West. If I could do that day 100 times again (I wish I could), I would choose Jason and Dunes West every single time. We are so thankful for them!!!

Dunes West Golf and River Club 15
    Dunes West Golf and River Club 16
    Dunes West Golf and River Club 17

Tricia · Married on 05/05/2018

We loved every single minute of working with Jason at Dunes West. He is friendly and kind, yet professional and organized. He has knowledge and guidance for every step of the entire process. Harry was wonderful helping through the day and guiding the process smoothly the night of the wedding also! On top of the stellar service, Dunes West was beautiful beyond words as a backdrop for a wedding. We will forever be thankful we chose Dunes West for my daughter’s wedding!

Natasha · Married on 05/04/2018

Jason and his staff exceeded every expectation we had! Our wedding day was more beautiful and magical than we imagined. Jason answered every question we had, fulfilled every little request, and he and his staff took care of every detail to make our day as smooth as possible! The food, the service, the venue... WONDERFUL!

Sarah · Married on 04/22/2018

Me and my fiance looked at tons of venues. It was a challenge being a budget friendly bride with a very opinionated family. On my special day I wanted something that felt secluded, beautiful trees and nature. Our family wanted creature comforts like AC, accessible bathrooms, indoors away from the weather and bugs.. this place was the happy medium. I could get married under probably the most photogenic tree, with an asile that your heels wont sink into, right on the marsh! lol its a perfect location yet tucked away just enough. The indoor reception area has french doors all around the building that can be opened up. It even has a large area to get ready in upstairs that opens up onto a porch, and has a private staircase to make a grand entrance to your ceremony.
    Just the first visit we set a date and booked with them. They seemed to really have it all together and had experience. They did food, tables, chairs, dishes, bar, day of coordinator... just about everything is included. Whenever I hear people say they're getting married I try to recommend this place. Not because I want everyone stealing my perfect spot but because it feels selfish to keep this place a secret.

AFTER THE WEDDING UPDATE:
    So happy we chose this venue! They went above and beyond in every way to make sure our day was a success! I can not say enough good things. The food, the staff, everything was amazing! I don't know how they manage to make each wedding, and each bride feel so special and unique with how busy they actually are but they do. They even found me sparklers after I'd given up hope. What venue does that! Love them! A special shout out must be given to Jason who coordinated everything. He made sure to answer all of my million questions timely and helped suggest things to make sure my wedding went perfectly.

Thank you Dunes West!

• W

William · Married on 04/21/2018

We had our wedding at Dunes West this past weekend and everything was perfect and wonderful.

The staff was amazing. Jason Hanson is the Food and Beverage Director. He is excellent to work with. He is easy going and very patient. All details were completed and filled by Jason and his staff. They do an excellent job and were a big part of the success of the wedding. Jason and I emailed back and forth for almost a year. He is responsive and open to suggestions and changes. Job well done by he and his staff!

The venue was gorgeous. We are so happy we chose this venue and setting. The weather was perfect. The clubhouse was perfect and the location of the ceremony under the oaks is a must. We had oaks, hanging moss and water in the background. You get everything you want in this location.

Appetizers and drinks were trey passed. The food was excellent and the guests raved about the food. Shrimp and grits, to bacon wrapped scallops to crab cakes and chicken and waffles. It all tasted excellent.

The wedding inside on the top floor was great. Beautiful lighting. Great bar. Jason and staff kept everything on schedule.

It was just a beautiful night. We wish that we could do it all over again. Great setting. Great staff. Great food. I highly recommend this venue. We will stop back by this site in a year and will walk around and remember this special day.

Of all the places, if you want an outdoor wedding, this can't be beat. Jason will lead you in the right direction. Very accommodating. Friendly

Lara · Married on 03/24/2018

The PERFECT place for a wedding!!!! Jason did such a wonderful job- we were so happy with everything! Avenue of oak trees leading up to an antebellum style house on a beautiful creek- like something out of a fairy tale. Gorgeous views, 2 indoor levels, balcony, outdoor area - this venue has it all. We got so many comments about what an awesome venue it was. The food was fantastic, the price was reasonable, they were accommodating and easy to work with, and made sure everything ran smoothly. I would highly recommend Dunes West!!!!

Morgan · Married on 02/10/2018

Dunes West is the PERFECT wedding venue! The staff goes above and beyond to make sure that everything goes off without a hitch. Jason takes care of every detail from the initial planning meeting until the end of your reception. They have a wonderful set-up for getting ready at the club for both parties as well so the logistics of getting everyone to the same place at the same time is not stressful. The food is top notch! They have a wide variety to choose from. I cannot say enough about how wonderful Dunes West is! Our day was absolutely perfect!

• Diane

Diane · Married on 02/03/2018

Jason and the staff were amazing! So professional and polite. They were on top of their game of knowing when to coordinate times/transitioning into the next part of the event. They have a great off peak season deal that we used for our February wedding. We also loved that they offer everything without having to go to a rental company so it lessens the amount of vendors you have to worry about when planning your own wedding. They set up and break down all of their own chairs and tables, have full bar service on both floors of the club house (which is huge and so beautiful), plenty of room to get ready for bride and groom, located right on the creek for awesome sunset photos with oak trees in the background. So glad we chose them to host our event, and can't say enough good things about them!

brittany · Married on 10/13/2017

This place was absolutely wonderful for our Brunch Wedding. The views, food, and service were beyond exceptional. Jason serves as the head of the special events at Dunes West and you could not ask for a better person to work with. We loved everything the venue provided and if we had questions leading up to the event, Jason always worked with us and got back with us pretty quick. We planned the wedding from out of state and never had any stress or anxiety when dealing with Jason and the venue. Rehearsal dinner was also set up the night before and the BBQ was a hit. Jason let us leave stuff there and set up for the wedding early which was a huge help . Day of wedding, Jason made sure to check in on us and help us if we needed any last minute things and Harry served as out head Server and quickly became one of our favorite people. He made sure we were taken care of and never missed out on anything during the whole wedding day.

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2017

Dunes West is simply phenomenal!! We were married there almost 2 months ago and we still can't stop talking about what an amazing experience we had. From the moment we scheduled our appointment to tour Dunes West, Jason put us at ease and we knew we were in good hands. The venue is perfection and was exactly what we were looking for: amazing southern food, breathtaking grounds with large oak trees and water views, gorgeous clubhouse and spectacular staff. Jason and Harry were so accommodating and the entire staff went above and beyond to make sure our dream wedding was flawless. The sunset there is so incredible and will give you the most beautiful pictures. We also had our rehearsal dinner in the courtyard the night before, and our guests still rave about how amazing the oysters were! We honestly can't say one negative thing about having our wedding here, so if you're looking in the Charleston area, this venue should be at the top of your list! It felt like a movie scene walking down the isle to my husband-to-be, and we will be forever grateful to Dunes West for giving us such a perfect weekend! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Kelsey · Married on 05/06/2017

Jason does everything he can to make sure your day is flawless. Our New Year's Eve wedding was spectacular! The food was delicious and Harry helped to make sure our guests were satisfied. Beautiful ceremony spot also

Kerri · Married on 11/11/2016

We used this venue for the rehearsal dinner for our son and daughter-in-law. We live out of town so we had to rely heavily on Jason. We could not have been more pleased. The venue, food, staff were exceptional. Jason is extremely easy to work with. He is very flexible and accommodating and offers great advice to help make your evening everything that you envisioned it to be. I would use this venue again without hesitation.

Lindsey · Married on 09/23/2016

The venue is amazing! Gorgeous ceremony site under the oak tree with water views. Jason at Dunes West is wonderful! He goes the extra mile to make your wedding day perfect. Excellent communication along the way and provided helpful suggestions. The food was delicious and staff was on top of it. Couldn't say enough good things about the venue! Would highly suggest to everyone. Very affordable too!