42 Reviews for Duchman Family Winery

Open Bar (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
China (1)
42 Duchman Family Winery Reviews

The venue is absolutely beautiful and the wine is delicious! I wish a little more time at the venue was included in the price to allow more time for pictures and reception. I think the coordinator, Candace, may have left because I never heard from her again after we signed the contract and there was another person helping the day of. They are really flexible with the vendors you can bring in and any alcohol other than wine. They also allowed us to leave cars and decorations overnight and pick them up in the morning.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/27/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Set Up, Parking, House Wine, Outside Alcohol, Outside Cake, Chairs, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor

The wedding of my daughter Lindsay and her new husband Michael on July 10, 3016 was more than anything we could have ever wished for in a million years! The staff and especially Candace was attentive, professional, hard working and just downright wonderful! The room was magnificently beautiful and the tables were set exactly how we planned. We received so many compliments on the food which was not only delicious but set down piping hot at every place. We really loved our entire experience. Big hugs to all of those that work at Duchman!

Profile Picture Patti, 7/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I might be biased, but Duchman Family Winery is the most beautiful setting to host a wedding! The vineyard, ceremony site, reception hall, tasting room, barrel room, and bridal suite were beyond compare to anything else we saw during our search! The person beyond all the planning is Candace! She is amazing to work with and will answer any questions! After the first meeting with Candace, my husband and I knew this winery and Candace was it! After falling in love with the vineyard and wine :), we loved that flexibility. We were able to chose of vendors or use the Duchman. After a long discussion and research, we found the Duchman catering services was our best option! Let's just say Chef Patrick has some of the best food my husband, our guest, or I have ever ate before! Candace and Chef Patrick showed us which wine paired best with the food we chose! When I did my bridal portraits at the winery, I also decided to do the food tasting. The food tasting is normally for two people, but my husband is in med school and was unable to attend. Of course, my mom and sister were not complaining, though they knew they would have to share the food. Except Candace and Chef Patrick is amazing and made an extra plate of food! I could not believe the wonderful hospitality from the Duchman!! The day of the wedding was no different. Candace and all of the staff at the Duchman was amazing and accommodating! In the bridal suite, there was a bottle of wine for my bridal party and we could not have been happier for that!! The wedding went off without a hitch and we have to thank the Duchman for that!! Candace stayed until the very end of the night when my husband's parents and my parent's were cleaning up and done! We really cannot say anything, but wonderful things about the Duchman and cannot wait to celebrate many more memories there!!

Profile Picture Kelsi , 6/11/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Outside Alcohol, Specialty Wine, Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I couldn't have imagined having our wedding anywhere other than Duchman. The first time I ever went there, the first thing I thought was how beautiful it would be for a wedding, and when we got engaged, it didn't take us long to make our selection. The price was a little more than we wanted to spend, but it was well worth it (plus we got a 20% discount for using their catering). In terms of catering, I read some other reviews that said the portions were a bit small and that some larger male guests may have left hungry, and I would agree with that, so in retrospect I might have ordered a third entrée for the family style service. But in terms of quality, the food was fantastic. They catering team and the venue staff really took care of us, and we got so many compliments on how beautiful the space was (even with having to move our wedding inside because the grounds were too wet due to some rain and flooding in the days prior). Last but most certainly not least, working with Candace was an incredible experience. She is extremely responsive, and you can tell that she really cares about her brides. She wanted to make sure everything was perfect for us, and it really was. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a beautiful Texas hill country wedding!

Profile Picture Jillian, 5/21/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Indoor, Chairs, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

Duchman winery was a fantastic venue. It's just really beautiful. I had to use my rain plan, but I didn't feel like I was missing anything because the ceremony was still gorgeous. The event room is just really nice.
Candace is spectacular. She was quick to respond and very professional. She's also just really nice and helpful!
We also used them for the catering. The food was delicious! And they took care of my guests with eating restrictions of all sorts.

Profile Picture User5337518, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful small wedding with about 55 guests from out of town at the Duchman Winery on a Monday afternoon outside in the vineyard area with dinner only reception inside the winery reception room. Having it on a Monday it was affordable and we basically had the winery to ourselves. The day was perfect, the venue was enchanting and Candace was a dream to work with. If you are organized like I was you don't need to pay for a wedding planner because Candace works with you make sure you have everything. This place is a hidden treasure for peaceful weddings in the Texas Hill Country.

Profile Picture User6823410, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Duchman Family Winery was the perfect venue for our wedding. Both the outdoor and indoor facilities are beautiful. Our guests continuously complimented us on the venue and surrounding scenery as well as the food selection. We used the in-house catering team, and they did not disappoint. Also, Candace was very easy to work with and always responsive when we had questions or concerns. She also sent out plenty of reminder e-mails, which was appreciated. Overall, my husband and I loved the venue and couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding. We would recommend Duchman Family Winery to other brides to be.

Profile Picture User5098442, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.2

We had a wonderful experience at the Duchman Family Winery. They took such good care of us! Candace and her team were great to work with. The wedding at the vineyard, happy hour in the picnic area and dinner/dancing in the event center couldn't have been better. Everything was beautiful! We highly recommend Duchman!

Profile Picture User5441525, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had visited another winery we were considering getting married at but as soon as we arrived at Duchman our choice was easily swayed. I absolutely love the natural ceremony site and can't wait to see the pictures. Even pictures taken on iPhones look great in this picturesque setting. It was nice that they allowed us to bring in our own beer and liquor and after trying their food we were sold on using them as the caterer too! (There is also an extra discount on the venue rental if you do the catering with them.) we brought some friends with us for the catering tasting and Candace explained everything from start to finish and how the service would work that night. Everyone loves the piccata sauce so much that Candace said we could have extra gravy boats of the sauce on all of the tables at no extra charge. I love that everything is served family style, no one likes waiting in buffet lines! Candace was extremely responsive to all of my many questions throughout our engagement. On the day of our wedding she even drove my husband and I in her own car to the grapevines so we didn't have to walk to get our pictures taken out in the vines. I can't say enough positive things about Duchman and their staff, we are looking forward to coming back to relive these moments throughout the years.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/5/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are so very happy we chose to have our wedding at Duchman! The grounds were perfect, reception area perfect, loved the spacious bridal room, and Candice was superb. Location was a major factor in our wedding planning. Or experience at Duchman exceeded our expectations.
Thank you!
David and Kari

Profile Picture Kari, 8/13/15, 2 Reviews
3.3

Venue was very nice, food was good although portions were small. I fear some of our male guests left hungry.

At initial inquiry, I was given a price sheet. When I called to book the venue, the price had gone up 40%. I questioned why I wasn't given the price on the initial price list and was told the price went up and there was no flexibility in their price. 40% is a large increase when you aren't expecting it.

Profile Picture Lee Ann, 7/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Duchman Family Winery was wonderful! Candace made everything so easy and made it possible for us to have our dream wedding! Im so happy we had our Wedding at Duchman!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Just a visit to the venue or browse thought some pictures of other weddings show you how beautiful the Tuscan building is and how beautiful the venue and vineyard scenery is. I had always wanted to get married in a vineyard (not too many pretty ones of those in Tx) and this venue is beyond gorgeous! You will not be disappointed in its beauty. However the real value of having your wedding here is Candace. Technically she is not paid to be your "wedding planner" but she will be your savior in the hectic months of wedding planning. She goes ABOVE AND BEYOND to make your day special. She has a true gift for this career. She was such a help in finding amazing vendors and all her input, ideas, and hard work were priceless. Candace is so personable and professional, she is awesome at answering questions and finding solutions. It was a pleasure to work with her and get to know her! I would recommend Duchman to any bride dreaming of a winery wedding, Candace will make your dreams a reality. (Also, on my wedding night, she wasnt even meant to be on schedule, but she stayed- she really cares about her brides and will move mountains to make your day special)

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/1/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved having our wedding at Duchman! It's beautiful and Candace was SO helpful. The venue has so much natural beauty that we didn't have to do over do our decor. Being able to take pictures in the vineyard and in the barrel room was amazing! Candace was very quick with her responses any time I had any question, she really put us at ease.
It's the perfect place for an intimate wedding in a beautiful place!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/12/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had high expectations for my daughter's wedding at Duchman Family Winery this past weekend. I must say, however, that Candace and her staff went way beyond those expectations. Everything was absolutely perfect!!! To begin with, the venue itself is amazing! The staff were professional and efficient, so that transitions from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception ran smoothly and in a timely manner. I am so glad we chose Duchman Catering, as we received so many compliments regarding the outstanding food! Candace was very helpful and easy to work with during the planning stages. I was very appreciative that she was on hand throughout the evening to ensure things were running smoothly. We all had such a wonderful time! I can easily say that my daughter had the wedding of her dreams at Duchman Family Winery!

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/11/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would highly recommend the Duchman Family Winery in Driftwood, Texas, to anyone wanting to have a wonderful event in the Austin area and most especially a wedding. I planned my son's wedding and held it there earlier this month. I never would have thought that I would plan an outside wedding in Texas, but the weather was perfect. We even had a nice breeze. We held the ceremony on a wonderful site with benches facing the vineyard and under large shade trees. The cocktail hour was in another shady spot with tables and benches and closer to the event hall. The grounds were lovely and green, and the event hall was both beautiful and spacious. My guests were very complementary about the beauty of the location and how comfortable everything was. The service we received from Candace Barnes, the Director of Events, was excellent. I have been working on the details of the wedding with Candace for the past seven months and have always received prompt and complete responses to my inquiries. When my "day of" coordinator broke her contract at the last minute, Candace even helped me to locate potential replacements. I don't know what I would have done without her! She is a real professional and a pleasure to work with. I would not hesitate to recommend the Duchman Family Winery to anyone.

Profile Picture Sheila, 5/18/14, 2 Reviews
4.7

Candace was an absolute gem to work with. Very professional and knowledgeable with all the details. The staff for the day of our wedding was wonderful. Very attentive to our needs and very friendly to our guests. The only thing we heard was that the drinks were cleared up too early from the tables while guest were still at the reception. For the most part the food was very tasty and our guests loved it! We had: sea scallops, pork loin, potatoes, sauteed kale and salad. The only comment was the pork. Some tables received very rare pork, while we received dry pork. Other than that, the food was fantastic! Overall we had a wonderful experience and would easily recommend Duchmann Family Winery to our family and friends!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

My daughter was married at the Duchman winery. Duchman did a fantastic job with the whole event. The ceremony and cocktail hour were outside, where they provided delicious appetizers.. Duchman also provided the catering in the event center for the reception. The food was delicious! The beef tenderloin was amazing! Candace was wonderful to work with. It was a perfect wedding. I would highly recommend Duchman winery for weddings and catering.

Profile Picture Karen, 4/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Beautiful. Simply Beautiful. I don't think anybody expected this place to be at amazing as it was. Candace, the event manager, did an amazing job from day 1. When we booked the venue they were in the processes of changing their protocol with the catering so she made sure that we were getting the best deal for our money. She then sat down with us and planned everything that the venue would take care of including linens, catering, wine, and event staff. I can not say enough good things about the Duchman Staff. Thankfully for us we found the wine on sale at a black-friday sale the Duchman was having! Got ALL our wine for such a low price was amazing! We then got to do our food tasting and OH MY GOSH! The food was phenomenal, not just my words, but the words from almost every single one of our guests. They loved that it was family style serving and they were so impressed with the wait-staff as well. The head waiter was great for my husband and I. While we were taking pictures outside the cocktail area, he brought us food and water in-between shots so we wouldn't starve! Everybody said that the venue was so gorgeous. Yes, its a drive to get out there but it is so worth it once you are there. The Duchman family winery was the absolute best place for our wedding. We couldn't be more happy with our venue :) Candace was amazing and if you get the chance to work with her you will not be dissatisfied!!

Profile Picture Erica, 3/22/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Candace Barnes and the staff were all wonderful and easy to work with. As the mother of the bride, I was quite impressed with the professional manner that the staff all displayed and the wonderful service the day of the wedding. The family style dinner was catered by Duchman events and was superb. The chicken picatta and the pork tenderloin were cooked perfectly. Many of our guests commented that the food was excellent. The setting was beautiful. Thank you Candace and staff, we will definitely recommend this venue for any event but especially a wedding. Terry B

Profile Picture Terry, 3/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is a fairy tale. I picked it and paid my deposit without ever seeing it. My dream has always been to be married in a vineyard and I couldn't have picked a more perfect place

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/10/13, 5 Reviews
3.3

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Duchman Family Winery. Beautiful venue, and fit perfectly into the vision we had for our wedding day. With that said, with the amount of money we spent we expected the venue to be a little more helpful than they were. That might have been our own misunderstanding as to the involvement of the venue, but at the initial signing of the contract (with Ashlee an old manager that is no longer there), the venue's lack of involvement was not made clear to us. When you spend $7,000 on a venue alone, you expect a higher level of service. Again, my disappointment in the venue may be due to miscommunication, but again I do think they need to step it up for their clients. Do I recommend Duchman Family Winery? Yes and no...Beautiful venue but make sure you read the contract thoroughly and ask all of your questions up front!

Profile Picture Becky, 7/13/13, 3 Reviews
3.8

The Duchman Family Winery is a beautiful venue and my daughter fell in love with it the moment we saw it.
The event planners were very professional and kind.
However, for the price ($5,000.+) I would suggest you ask many questions and read the agreement carefully.
The kitchen does not provide use of a refrigerator (even to keep a cake cool till serving)- also no use of other appliances. The staff sets up chairs and tables- but you need to provide your own coordinator to put linens on the tables and move into place.
My biggest concern which deserves a negative comment--- the Duchman needs to decide if they're an Event Center or a Winery. The Winery is open during any reserved event and it shares a space very close to where the wedding takes place. There were a number of very loud patrons in the hallway- which had to be asked to be quiet during the ceremony. Really not fair to us- as someone who paid for the event center and to those patrons visiting the winery.

Profile Picture Donna, 6/22/13, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Duchman is such a lovely venue. Even with the rain threatening, and my bridezilla coming out...they kept their cool and kept me accommodated. It was the perfect backdrop for a perfect beginning to our life.

Profile Picture Barbi, 5/26/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter's wedding at Duchman Family Winery was magical. Lisa was so very helpful in making sure our event went off without any problems. The ceremony (142 guests) was outdoors at sunset, followed by an outdoor cocktail time. The dinner/dance was inside the winery in their hall, which has such great ambiance that there's no need for decorating other than table arrangements. Tables, chairs, china, glassware, & silverware are all included in the fee so our 'rental' budget was minimal (mainly linens & a few other items we wanted). The wonderful harvest tables and wine barrels added to the decor. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a special and elegant wedding place in the hill country. Lisa was our main contact there, but we also worked some with Ashlee - both were professional & helpful in making this a fun and special time for all of us.

Profile Picture Sydney, 11/10/12, 3 Reviews