du soleil photographie Reviews

37 | West Chester, PA

37 Reviews for du soleil photographie

Mi Jin Kim · Married on 11/01/2020

Loved her so much that I brought her to Mexico!

I initially hired Minh for engagement photos only since I was having a destination wedding out of country. I absolutely loved her work and working with her so much that I flew her out to Mexico for my destination wedding! I've received countless compliments from friends, family, and strangers! It was so easy working with Minh--she is an artist, is incredibly professional, timely, thoughtful, and simply a beautiful soul and person. She helped me and husband feel so comfortable in front of the camera which is amazing since we are both camera shy! I've heard many past brides say that they've regretted their wedding photos...hiring Minh was one of the best and easiest decisions I made for my wedding! She is so passionate about what she does and cares so much about her clients. Thank you, Minh, for always exceeding our expectations and going above and beyond what was asked for!

Sent on 03/11/2020
  • Kylie

Kylie Mcculla · Married on 09/09/2020

Best Photographer Ever!

We got Minh's name from an event we attend every year in Philadelphia and I remember looking at her photos afterwards and noticing how perfectly and accurately she captured such a lively event. Once we realized she also did wedding photos, we knew it had to be her, which turned out to be one of the best decisions we made throughout our wedding planning process. I'm not someone who likes having their picture taken, but with Minh, she made us feel so at ease with her warm, friendly and professional manner that it just felt natural. Both our engagement and wedding albums came out beyond lovely (I happy cried at both) and beautifully captured both the large and small moments of the day. The hard part is going to be picking out which photos to use for our album! We cannot recommend Minh enough and I hope very much to be working with her again in the future!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Kylie

Kylie Miller · Married on 11/16/2019

Pictures really do say a thousand words!

When it came to planning my wedding I knew a good photographer was at the top of the priority list and Minh FAR exceeded our expectations! With Minhs direction the day was so smooth and our photos are truly amazing. I look at them each day and just smile! Thank you Minh!!!

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 10/19/2019

A true artist

Mihn is truly amazing. She made all of us feel comfortable behind the camera and captured the love at the wedding beautifully. We loved working with her and would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/29/2019

Highly recommended!

It was such a joy to have Minh photograph our wedding. From the moment we reached out to her we enjoyed every minute working with her. When we first met, I expressed my concern for being able to capture photos all day because our wedding day was going to be so long (2pm Catholic ceremony, 6pm cocktail hour/reception), but Minh took this to heart and developed a package for us that was reasonably priced and put me at ease. We took engagement shots which I highly suggest as it was a great way to start getting comfortable in front of the camera prior to the wedding. Spending the afternoon with Minh was just a blast. And prior to our wedding Minh took the time to meet with us to go over details for the day. Having Minh capture our wedding day was wonderful. It felt so natural to have her around and you could tell she truly cared about capturing the beauty of the day. She was also so positive all day even through a rain storm and working a 12 plus hour day. We are so happy with the images we received- they are bright yet soft and truly capture the joy, love, and emotion we experienced on our wedding day. One of our main goals for our wedding was for it to feel timeless and Minh’s talent behind the camera and the photos she produces feel timeless to us. We will truly treasure these wonderful keepsakes from our day for a long time. We highly recommend working with Minh!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Jovilin

Jovilin · Married on 05/25/2019

Definitely recommend!

Minh was a pleasure to work with and was a part of our wedding process from the time we met after our engagement, to our wedding 10 months later! She took the time to get to our relationship, and incorporated our personalities into her work! She is a highly skilled, professional, and creative photographer. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Luke

Luke Kim · Married on 04/13/2019

The absolute best investment you can make!

Minh far surpassed the already high expectations we had based off of her incredible portfolio of film and digital work. We felt like we were at a photo shoot because that is how hardworking Minh is. Her commitment to getting the most perfect (not perfect but the MOST perfect) shot is unparalleled, all while shooting hybrid (in both digital and film!). We were continuously in awe scrolling through our wedding photos; shot after shot, each moment was beautiful and ethereal, as if she captured a perfect, fleeting, once-in-a-lifetime moment. Yet, the next photo, then the next, then the next, seemed to do the same. I’ll keep this review short; as her photos are, if we may, worth a thousand glowing reviews.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Dhara Patel · Married on 10/20/2018

She is the best

Where do I begin? Finding a photographer who could bring our vision of how we wanted our wedding day to captured was something that was extremely important to us and I’m happy to say that our search ended when we first spoke to Minh. She is creative, kind and extremely talented! Plus she makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera! We worked with minh for our engagement and wedding photos and could not be happier with how beautifully she managed to capture our day! The photos look like they belong in a wedding magazine! Working with her was so easy because she is so laid back yet gets the job done in a professional and timely manner! We can’t wait to use her photography services in the future and highly recommend anyone looking for a wedding photographer to book her! Minh, thank you!!

Sent on 12/10/2018

John · Married on 09/15/2018

Minh is an extremely talented photographer. Our photos came out even better than we could have imagined. Book her for any of your photography needs. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Alexandra · Married on 06/23/2018

Minh is incredibly talented and an absolute pleasure to work with! Our initial meeting was very casual and I felt like I was chatting with a friend. I told Minh that I was looking for a very specific photography style - a soft and romantic touch, with the perfect use of light - and she showed me some of her work that just hit the nail on the head! I immediately booked engagement and wedding photos with her. Minh is attentive to even the smallest of details and her use of light is just beautiful. Minh made us feel very comfortable taking our photos and we absolutely love them - as do our family and friends. Minh goes the extra mile to find the perfect position, location and lighting for the best shots and even took the time to send me preview photos before the entire album was ready, which I loved! She was always available to answer any of my questions and really takes that next step to show that she loves her work and her clients! I will do all photos with her going forward :-)

Sent on 07/18/2018

hope · Married on 06/01/2018

We recently did an engagement session with Minh and it was such a perfect experience! She made us feel incredibly comfortable. This really helped us open up to be ourselves in the session. We had such a fun time hopping around the city. The pictures we received blew my mind. Minh did such a fantastic job capturing all the happy emotions of our engagement. I am so happy that I will have these photos to look back on. I would highly recommend Du Soleil Photographie.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Juliana · Married on 01/27/2018

I contacted Minh based on a recommendation from a friend and I couldn't be happier! My dad has pretty advanced dementia and due to his cognitive degeneration, as our wedding approached, plans of having him there began to change. My husband and I got married in Maui, Hawaii, and we thought my dad could make the trip. As the months went by, we sadly realized he couldn't make the journey from Philadelphia. After our Maui wedding, we decided to fly home to Philadelphia to have a small ceremony with my dad so he could get the chance to walk me down the aisle and be there to see our marriage. I contacted Minh maybe a week before because I really wanted this documented with photos for my dad. She was so gracious and was able to fit us in on such short notice. We booked her for an hour and a half. She arrived early and right from the bat, everyone felt so at ease with her direction. I recently got the pictures back and cried looking through the album. I know that he probably won't remember this day, but I think he'll remember the feeling he had that day and now he has the most beautiful pictures to look back on to help him remember.

Minh is such a beautiful soul. She is kind and professional and her work is absolutely incredible. She has so much passion for what she does and it is reflected in her photos. Our photos were warm and happy and candid, which is exactly how I remember the day. I'm so thankful for having her there, it was an honor!

Sent on 02/13/2018

Erin · Married on 10/07/2017

Minh is so wonderful! She has a calming demeanor that makes you feel relaxed in front of the camera. Minh is a perfectionist and loves what she does! Minh arrived to all of our photo sessions early to find the perfect lighting and locations for our shoots.

I knew I wanted to work with Minh almost instantly upon meeting her. She is super organized and plans out the wedding day to make sure she doesn't miss any important moments during your Big Day. The icing on the cake was that Minh offered to travel to Charlotte, NC to take our engagement photos on her way to another wedding she was photographing in Charleston, SC.

Minh also gave me recommendations for other vendors in the area and I ended up booking several that she mentioned. As an out of town bride this was a huge help! She also was able to find me hair/makeup for my bridal portraits last minute. Minh truly goes above and beyond the call of duty and her work is stunning! I would highly recommend Minh!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Phae · Married on 08/19/2017

Words cannot describe how amazing and helpful Minh’s photography was during our wedding day last summer. She made us feel relaxed and comfortable during the entire process despite how unorganized our schedule was. I found Minh to be very friendly and flexible with our limited time at the venue. We are very extremely happy we found Du Soleil Photographie through Instagram. She captured our big day beautifully and we are pleased with the details of each picture. I am thankful that we had Minh capture our most wonderful day that we are going to treasure forever. The pictures that came out from Minh were gorgeous and it is truly everything we wanted. Thank you very much for fixing the “Welcome” sign to my wedding. You are a lifesaver! We look forward to working with you again on other important life events.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Kristen · event on: 06/23/2017

Working with Minh was an absolute dream. After coming across her work on Instagram I reached out to her to capture family photos. She is helpful, thoughtful, professional and extremely kind. Her images are dreamy and gorgeous. She has amazing talent and it would be impossible to regret hiring her. I can't wait to work with her again!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Dana · Married on 06/03/2017

We can not express enough how wonderful it was to work with du soleil photographie! Minh was so responsive and helpful through the entire process. She was easy to talk to on the phone and when we met in person it felt like she was a friend. Minh made us feel special through her thoughtfulness. At our wedding, her and her second photographer were so professional and kept the wedding party and timeline on track making sure we got all the photos we asked for. We will be working with her again for other joyful life moments to come :)

Sent on 07/25/2017

Kristen · event on: 05/14/2017

Sent on 06/23/2017

Tess · Married on 09/17/2016

Minh was one word...AMAZING! From start to finish, everything about the experience was perfect. I'm more than in love with my pictures and couldn't even pick which ones I wanted,... so I bought them all!

Minh is a sweetheart to work with and really caters to the bride and her wishes. She always made sure that my husband and I were the center of attention in all pictures and really captured our true relationship. Even when I was being a bit grumpy for our outdoor pictures, she handled it with ease and grace! I had a pretty large wedding party and she logistically handled it like a pro. I couldn't recommend her enough! If you are on the fence...jump over it right away and hire Minh! Her talent is beautiful and she captured how romantic my garden wedding really was <3

Sent on 12/16/2016

Adriana · Married on 08/27/2016

We had a very limited budget for our wedding, but we knew we needed a great photographer. Minh prices were very competitive but the best was the quality of her work.
    Minh has a wonderful eye for spotting beautiful backgrounds and the pictures look spectacular. She was a joy to work with, very professional, detail oriented, on top timelines and she captured all the shots that we wanted.
    We will definitely recommend her for your wedding and engagement session.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Jennifer · Married on 08/12/2016

What first attracted me to Minh’s work was her suburb eye for color and her ability to capture the natural beauty in a soft and romantic style. Through her photography, she seems to communicate an appreciation for the simple and pure things in life, which resonated immediately with my own personal style. Our wedding reflected those values as well, as we chose a renovated barn in Lancaster, PA, a place known for its modest, rustic charm, as our venue. It was a perfect match for Minh’s art (which is truly the only thing that her work can really be called)! Throughout the whole process, Minh was very friendly and kind and was a true professional as she communicated effectively with us about what we wanted, and what she needed. She was very timely in the delivery of our photographs. Her care and attention to her clients, surely makes you feel like a VIP. But what really sets Minh apart is her special talent for photojournalism, as with each of her pictures she was able to tell the story of our lives. When I opened my wedding gallery, I saw how deeply my mom cared for me as she straightened my gown, I saw the joy and love in my friends eyes as they laughed and clapped after my dress was buttoned up, I saw the strength and peace that I find in my brother is as he walked me down the aisle, and I saw the warm, protective, and loving gaze in my husband’s eyes that reflected the raw trust and friendship at the very foundation of our relationship. Minh was able to tell OUR story, and for that I am forever grateful. This was not only my reaction to her talents, but seemed to be everyone’s reaction, as Minh is now booked to photograph one of my bridesmaid’s weddings in August. I highly recommend Minh and her company Emcee Studio Photographie for anyone looking for a poet of film!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Cindy · Married on 07/02/2016

I am so thrilled with our experience with Minh! From our first communication last YEAR all the way through our wedding, everything has been top notch. She was very responsive to emails in the beginning and even offered a beautiful engagement session! On our wedding day, she arrived on time and dove right into the "details" shots while hair and make up was being finished. We selected one of her standard packages (one photographer) but added on a couple extra hours of time and I'm glad we did. During the reception, I barely noticed her as she poked in and out of the crowd on the dance floor. One guest referred to her as a "ninja"! She got some great photos without being too in people's faces. She handled the hectic day like a pro and I couldn't be happier with my decision! I love the sneak peeks she offers and I cannot WAIT to see the final product! I would highly recommend Minh to any newly engaged couples in the DC metro area.

Sent on 07/03/2016

Virak · event on: 05/08/2016

My fiancé and I were very happy with our engagement session shoot with Emcee Studio Photographie. Minh our photographer was an absolutely pleasure to work with from start to finish. She was very professional and courteous through all our interactions in planning the shoot through emails and during our session. I will say if you want someone to go above and beyond, then Emcee Studio is the best choice. Washington DC has a wide array of places to shoot but many of those have rules and regulations. Minh did I can’t imagine how many hours of research to help pick options for us and made it much easier. She is very flexible in making the best package work for us and open to ideas.

During the shoot she was very creative with her style and moments which is why we choose her. I can say after looking through hundreds (not kidding) of photographers, she has one of the most unique styles. You will get photos that look beautiful yet so natural which is hard to find. There was very little stress on my fiancé and I throughout this whole process. She was on time, laid out the plan, and just overall very easy to work with. I think one of the most important things is just getting along and making it an enjoyable experience. With tons of things to worry about with a wedding, we are happy to know we can trust Minh fully to get the job done well. We are excited for her to shoot our wedding and can’t wait!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Jennifer · event on: 04/24/2016

Minh was EXCELLENT! She helped me and my fiance feel very comfortable as we took our engagement pictures as she carefully arranged shots that balanced art and our personalities. She was very responsive to the emails we sent and even provided some great tips for dressing and preparing for the shoot! As an organized person myself, I also appreciate how prepared and "on the ball" she is about her craft! A true professional! We were truly lucky to have found her and can't wait for her to photograph our wedding!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Sam · Married on 04/09/2016

It was so wonderful to have Minh as our wedding photographer in Aruba. She blended in perfectly to capture every special, fun and candid moment of this unforgettable day. She was professional but also very warm and inviting with everyone. Made us feel comfortable the whole time. She did a great job reading the location to find the best spots for photos. Lots of creativity and subtleness in her work. Minh, I am so thankful you were there to do this amazing job. You truly captured the essence and feeling of our wedding day, not only with our guests, but capturing the details like decor, venue, and breath-taking Eagle Beach views. Thank you telling our love story through your great work!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Sam · event on: 04/08/2016

Minh did an amazing job with our pre-wedding photos. I got married in Aruba so we planned a pre-wedding session to take advantage of the amazing scene and different landscapes on the island. We had such a good time together. She made us feel very so comfortable that it was ok to be fun, silly, intimate whenever we felt like it. She was very creative and had lots of unique ideas for great photo opportunities. She captured the natural beauty we were surrounded by and integrated us into the landscape in such a wonderful way. Thank you, Minh! :)

Sent on 05/02/2016