Drop The Mic Entertainment Reviews

72 | Akron, OH

72 Reviews for Drop The Mic Entertainment

michelle · Married on 08/23/2014

They thought of things to do ( like fun games) I had not even thought of. Very organized and prepared. Nice

Sent on 08/31/2014
  • User4325581 · event on 08/10/2014

The owner of the company Will, demonstrated the utmost professionalism and really pays attention to detail when planning the event. He was available to meet, and discuss the event. He also took notes on likes and dislikes that I had expressed. When a meeting needed to be rescheduled he returned my phone call promptly and without hesitation rescheduled. He was always prepared and asked questions, and reassured me things would go smoothly!!! As the event approached I was nervous but looking back there was no need to be. Will had intricately thought out every detail in advance and kept the entire event on schedule and each segment flowed nicely into the next. He played music I requested and also fit in some guest requests. He played songs and genres I loved but also made sure the crowd as a whole was having a blast, which to me, can be very challenging... But he did it with ease. He also had quite a bit of equipment; lights and such to really create an amazing atmosphere. His professionalism was astounding he kept everything right on schedule and truly allowed me to enjoy the day so much more!! I'm so grateful to Will and his company for creating memories I never could have imagined!!

Sent on 08/15/2014
  • User4321937 · event on 06/14/2014

After party for the color run. This DJ knows how to play to the crowd and get people moving.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Stephen · Married on 05/31/2014

I've seen Will DJ on several occasions. He always knows how to get people on the dance floor. If you're looking for someone who knows music and really cares about your event and not just making a buck this is the company you should go with

Jameson · Married on 03/15/2014

The dj services wer received was very professional from the initial meeting to the reception. I really felt like Will cared about our wedding. Even when we changed some things he was able to adapt.

Sent on 08/13/2014
  • Katlin

Katlin · Married on 04/29/2017

Exceptional value (5 star) for a great cost ($)!

The DJ companies you pay for generic, they've done this for the 150th time, wash and repeat type of DJ. Not the case with Will. He was part of the family and truly treated our wedding as if it were your own. By not going through a DJ company you do run the risk of no back-up DJ, however, Will smashed that concern right off the bat.

It was a true pleasure working with him. He was responsive and accommodated our requests without hesitation, dressed professionally, arrived promptly and handled the flow of the night perfectly! He didn't emcee too much either and read the room and the audience to make sure he set the perfect vibe.

You would be foolish not to use Will !

Sent on 05/08/2017

Drop the mic entertainment did just as I asked!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Deena · Married on 12/20/2014

Willie was very professional and helpful the weeks up to our wedding. During the reception he was very fun and played all of the songs we requested. My grandparents don't usually dance but he managed to play music they would dance to.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Mallory · Married on 12/06/2014

Willie was wonderful. He was absolutely on top of everything during our reception. His organization made for a stress free mogh for me. Every Time something was coming up, he came to us to make sure we were ready. Our guests had a great time because he was so fun and friendly. I'll admit, I was concerned hiring a DJ because you never know what to expect but Willie put all my concerns to rest. Thank you so much

Sent on 12/09/2014

Dj Moore · Married on 03/02/2019

Great Experience

Everything was awesome with WIllie. He made sure everything ran smoothly. He is very personable and easy to work with All of our guests loved the music selections. Highly recommend.

Sent on 03/07/2019

Brittney · Married on 10/11/2014

My wedding was really great. Everything ran exactly on schedule. Our DJ coordinated everything for us. We met a couple of times and during those times, we talked about everything from the grand entrance to the last song and everything we discussed was in our reception. The songs were right on cue, he made sure we were ok and always asked if we needed more time and if we did he gave us that time and came right back,

It was obvious that we were his first priority for their 5 hours. Although he made sure our guests were happy too. They all danced, the dance floor was full all night and I know people had a great time. Very nice job.

Brittney · Married on 10/11/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/04/2014

I called Will the before our reception. We talked about some of the dances a couple months before (First dance to be specific) Well we wanted to change the song. Will did not sound agetated or anything he was very calm and told us that he would try and find it. He emailed me about an hour later just to let me know that he had found our song. I really appreciated it because after the reception I just so happened to peak at our copy of the contract and it did say changes would not be made 2 weeks before the date. He did not reference this (but he could have) he just said yes and helped us out.

Although the price was a little bit expensive, I thought it was ok. The reception was fun everyone had a good time. Will made all the introductions. He played a game to dismiss the tables which is something I hadn't thought about. Really nice touch. Overall our reception ran very smoothly.

Amanda · Married on 08/16/2014

We talked to a couple of dj companies before coming upon Drop The Mic. I liked that because it was a smaller business they took a lot more time with me than maybe the bigger companies in Akron could. We met with the owner WIll and when we explained everything we wanted he was very responsive. He sent us multiple emails to give us samples of the music (we were very broad in our music choices) For a smaller business Drop The Mic was very professional. Everyone had a good time at the reception. Definitely would suggest using them.

Sara · Married on 06/07/2014

Very good with our last minute reception. Our first DJ dropped out on us two weeks before the big day! I called Will at Drop the Mic in a panic and they worked with in my price AND had all the music we needed. Very impressed!

Savannah · Married on 01/03/2015

illie was very good during my reception. He never seemed flustered or frustrated with keeping track of our timeline. I never felt like he was pressuring us either. He had conversations with my guests all the while making sure we stayed on schedule for the night. One thing I remember is one of the table of guests weren't dancing and he said his goal was to get them on the dance floor by the end of the night he had accomplished his goal.

Sent on 01/02/2015
  • Briana

Briana · Married on 06/22/2019

Best Night Of My Life!

We got married June 22nd, and it was a total BLAST! Will was awesome from the very beginning of meeting him. He was super professional, all while knowing how to get the party up and going! People that NEVER dance in my family were on their feet by the end of the night! From price to quality, everything was perfect. I will recommend dropthemic for years to come! Thank you for everything! -Briana

Sent on 07/05/2019

Justine · Married on 09/21/2018

Drop the Mic followed through with everything we asked and accommodated our needs, their online planning forms made it easy and the price is unbeatable.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Mackenzie · Married on 09/15/2018

Willie was very helpful with fine-tunning all of the small details that one wouldn't even think about with DJ services. Alan was the DJ at our event and was VERY flexible and professional with schedule changes.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Rachel · Married on 06/01/2019

3.5

Willie and his team helped make our evening a night to remember.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Stelios · Married on 07/16/2016

1.0
      3.5
      1.5
      2.5
      2.0

Willie was a friendly guy. We talked a couple times on the phone before our wedding and thought we were definitely on the same page as far as the atmosphere we were going for at our reception. Yet, at the reception several things were disappointing. The music was WAY too loud for our rustic style of wedding (it was more fitting for a large banquet or dance hall than our small space). This was something we requested beforehand and he had said that finding a reasonable, classy volume wouldn't be a problem. This was also a problem during our first dance as a couple. The song we so carefully chose was played so loudly that the words were hard to hear (it was rather sad for us). Also, he didn't do a good job announcing things like the cake cutting (almost no one came over to the cake table to watch because of this). And he rushed through the anniversary song and people became confused. If we could go back in time, we would definitely hire another DJ for our wedding. He seemed responsive and well-reviewed prior to our event, but when the day came I think his services were the lowest point of the day. He really did his own thing and threw what we had talked about out the window.

With that being said, for those who want a very loud, dance-emphasized, crazy party-style event, he would probably perform better in those circumstances. Still, he didn't stick to the plan we had come up with as a team beforehand.

Sent on 07/30/2016

Drop The Mic Entertainment's reply:

Stelios I appreciate your honesty. I'm sorry you are so disappointed in my services. I will take full responsibility for the volume issue, however I would like to address some of your other complaints.

I did announce everything we discussed. I know I announced the cake cutting because I try to say the same thing every time to get the crowds attention. "Ladies and gentlemen we will start to cut the cake now. As Stelios and Leanna make their way to the cake, I want to ask you a question. By round of applause who would like to see a nice clean cake cutting. (wait for applause) And who would like to see a smash in your face cake cutting? (wait for applause.) Ok we will see what happens!" That's what was said before your cake cutting.

I made the playlist based off of your must play and play if possible lists, which included a lot of top 40 hits like DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love, What Do You Mean, Cheap Thrills, and Uptown Funk. This lead me to believe that these were the types of songs you wanted to hear. Which is why out of 80 minutes of music from those lists I played about 76 minutes.

Lastly based on how I structure my services (checking to make sure youre ready and announcing before we start, etc) I try very hard to get your input every step of the way.

I will not deny that I promote my services towards "modern brides and grooms who love dancing" as it says on my websites home page.

Again, I take full responsibility for the miscues, obviously we were not the match we initially thought. I apologize that you were so let down and felt I didn't act on your wishes. That was not my intention.

Morgan · Married on 09/09/2017

0.8
      0.0

Wish I would have gone with someone else, but hind sight is 20/20. During cocktail hour my mother asked if he could play a few Disney songs for the kids that were dancing and he told my mother he "does not do that" and will not play any 'Disney music.' During the reception my mother in law asked him if he could get people excited and get them dancing his response was "I do not do that." We had a dollar dance and I sent him a brief summary of how it works, for him and only him to read, he decided to read my entire summary to all of my guests! I was so embarrassed and when my sister told him to stop reading that because our family knows how it works and it was extremely embarrassing his response was along the lines of 'well I am the one with the microphone and looks like I am reading it.' Bouquet toss came and he half assed it and did not allow the gentleman who caught the garter to put in on the woman who caught the bouquet. I also heard from my dad and two guests who don't know each other that he CUT IN THE DINNER BUFFET!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Horrible, absolutely horrible and I 100% do not recommend. He is not accommodating, is not the fun hype DJ you want at your wedding, and is extremely disrespectful and unprofessional. If you decide to book him I can't wait to read your review saying that you should have listened to 'the girl on weddingwire.'

Sent on 09/17/2017

Drop The Mic Entertainment's reply:

Morgan I would like to thank you for your honestly, however I'm a little taken about by your review. Chad (the groom) came to me and said good job. Your dad tipped me and said good job. And you and I had a friendly conversation for about 10 minutes about babies. Lastly I stayed an extra hour and didn't charge you.

The Disney songs. Yes your mom did ask me to play Frozen and I did deny her. Just that sentence seems mean and rude. BUT, we provide our couples with a fully customizable online planning form. You can choose what songs/genres you want for cocktail and dinner. You choose "Classical/Sinatra." It should be noted that when we opened the dance floor I played "Love Is an Open Door" from Frozen.

Getting people excited. Your mom did not ask me if I could get people excited. She asked if I could get on the mic and entice people to dance (like call people out) and no I don't do that, which is on my website in multiple spots and is what I say in every conversation. Its cheesy. We are not cheesy.

The dollar dance. The dollar dance we did was not the traditional dollar dance (where everyone lines up and pays a dollar to dance with the couple) I made the announcement, since I had never done one of these or seen it done I thought it would be best to read what you wrote me. We are not only your DJ we are your emcee, which means it is our job to make the announcements.

I'm not sure how the bouquet toss was half assed. I called single ladies multiple times. Lined everyone up. Even had to do a redo because no one caught it, As far as putting the bouquet back on. That event isnt even on my planning form because in my experience brides have told me they don't want to do it because it's super awkward.

As far as cutting in the buffet line, I wasn't aware that there was an assigned place for the vendors. I didn't go before you or any parents. I actually went close to last.