Drop The Mic Entertainment Reviews

62 | Akron, OH

62 Reviews for Drop The Mic Entertainment

Betsy · Married on 10/07/2018

Drop the Mic was absolutely the right choice for our wedding. Willie is a pleasure to work with and so professional. After our first meeting, I knew I would not regret hiring Drop the Mic. The music on the actual day was perfect. Willie has a great energy, but isn't cheesy like some DJs. Highly recommend.

caila · Married on 09/02/2018

Could not have asked for a better DJ for my wedding! Will was always super quick to respond to my emails and assist with any questions I had. I went into my wedding with a timeline that I really wanted to stick to. I learned that being the bride, it's hard to keep track of time but thankfully I had Will there to make sure we stuck to the schedule! I didn't have to worry about missing anything. I had many guests tell me how great the music was - Will kept the party going. 10/10 recommend. Thank you Will!

Camille · Married on 09/01/2018

Willie was a great DJ for our wedding reception! He was professional and answered all of my questions promptly and took the time to walk me through my planning process on the phone and let me take my time to make sure we got it all organized and how we wanted it. So happy with this DJ service!

Dave · Married on 06/16/2018

Willie did a wonderful job for our wedding aboard the Nautica Queen last weekend. We highly recommend him and look forward to using him again in the future.

Patricia · Married on 05/27/2018

Will did a great job explaining how all the stuff would go at the beginning of the reception and keep the party going later in the evening. I would definitely recommend him, and if I had to do it again, I'd want him to DJ.

Alayna · Married on 05/25/2018

I can't say enough good things about drop the mic entertainment. Very professional and affordable. Willie helped me plan out our whole night and was very accommodating when I had some changes last minute. Karlzel was our DJ and he was great! Very professional, checked with me multiple times throughout the night on how things were going and everyone had such a great time thanks to him!!

Sherry · Married on 05/25/2018

When you book a service as important as the music at a wedding reception you often have to wait until the day of the even to find out if you make a good choice. Well...from start to finish our DJ Carlzel was absolutely amazing -- always totally professional, fantastic sound system, accommodating when someone asked about a song...just absolutely made the evening wonderful. We would definitely recommend this company and him in particular for your event any time. I have another daughter with a wedding in her future and Drop The Mic is already on our list of who we'll be using. Thank you, Carlzel!

April · Married on 05/04/2018

Drop the Mic Entertainment DJed for our wedding and we could not of asked for a better DJ. I loved that they responded to our audience and paid attention to the crowd. They were very communicative during the event. Willie and Tony were very professional and I recommend them to anyone else looking for a wedding DJ!

• Madeline

Madeline · Married on 02/03/2018

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my experience working with Willie for my wedding! He was prompt and professional and made our reception so much fun! Thank you Willie!!

Camille · Married on 10/28/2017

Willie was incredible! He kept us on track all day and explained details as he went along to make sure we were on board with everything. He was so easy to work with and was so flexible with any last minute requests we had. He really helped make our day so perfect and I can’t even count how many guests came up to us to tell us how great he was! I would 100% recommend Willie and Drop the Mic Entertainment for any event!

Samuel · Married on 10/14/2017

From day one, Will was beyond professional and extremely flexible when it came to meeting with us and what we could do with the wedding. He was very easy going and never asked us to change our ideas or told us no. Any idea that we had, he was willing to work with. The day of the wedding, not only did he do his job, but he also worked with the staff who was serving our food in order to fix a time issue. I am so glad that we went with Drop the Mic Entertainment, it was money well spent. He made our wedding day one that everyone will remember.

Jessica · Married on 09/30/2017

We had a perfect experience with Drop the Mic and DJ Will. From the very start he was always very helpful and quick to respond (I, of course, had a million questions), and when it came to the day of, we couldn’t have asked for anything better. It was immediately clear he knew exactly what to do to help us keep everything running smoothly throughout the whole night. I was all over the place but he made sure to find me and check in before we had any major moments of the night. He was attentive the whole night and made sure everyone was always on the same page. Furthermore, we have had many compliments from guests on the music selection and the amazingly fun atmosphere. I would recommend Drop the Mic over and over again.

Carla · Married on 09/22/2017

An amazing DJ and he kept things following the itinerary the whole night! It is so nice to not have to worry about keeping track of when everything should happen. People were dancing all night and I had an amazing experience working with Willie!

Josh · Married on 09/16/2017

Drop the Mic did a great job giving us everything we asked for! Got to hear all the songs we selected ahead of time.

Emily · Married on 07/09/2017

Like most brides, I am a very detail oriented person. So naturally, as I was planning out the reception I wanted everything to be perfect, and Willie definitely helped make that possible! With his online planning form you can ensure every second of your reception will be exactly how you want it, and he does a great job at ensuring everything stays on schedule. Willie was also super responsive throughout the whole process. He was always available anytime I had a question or wanted to meet up to ensure we were on the same page with everything. Would definitely recommend!

Alex · Married on 05/28/2017

Will was amazing from the beginning. He quickly figured out what we were looking for and executed it perfectly on our wedding day. He was extremely professional and we put forth our highest recommendation for him!

Chelsea · Married on 05/20/2017

We absolutely loved him. He was a great time and kept the party going. The day was a little unorganized on our part due to the rain delay, but Willie kept calm and tried to keep us on time with things. He pronounced the last name a little wrong, but that was the only minor issue. Will definitely recommend to friends!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Drop The Mic Entertainment's reply:

I knnooowwww lol. Oh my gosh I totally did. As soon as I said it I turned to my DJ Alex and said I can't believe I messed that up after I literally just asked. Sorry about that. Thanks for your kind words though Chelsea.

Abbey · Married on 04/01/2017

We were so happy we decided to book with Drop The Mic Entertainment for our wedding! Willie was extremely helpful during the planning process and was always willing to incorporate any ideas we had. He always made sure to update us before any special moments at our wedding (first dance, cake cutting, etc.) Thanks to Willie, the dance floor was packed until the very last song.

Allison · Married on 03/25/2017

As a wedding photographer, I've worked with many DJ's over the years. Drop the Mic entertainment has hands down been my favorite. DJ Willie Hooper knows how to get the party started, and keep it going. Do yourself a favor and hire them!

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2016

Willie was very easy to work with prior to the event and the day of. He was very responsive and nearly instantly would respond to any questions I had. He played the music we wanted to hear and had great pricing.

Emily · Married on 07/23/2016

Willie was incredibly easy to work with, and he made our reception so fun!

• W

Wesley · Married on 07/22/2016

Willie was an excellent DJ and MC. He was eager to work with us and listened to what we wanted before our wedding. He gave us a very competitive rate because our wedding was on a Friday, and was not pushy at all in the time between our initial inquiry with him and our decision to hire him (I had another DJ email me every day even after I said we weren't interested).

On the actual day of the wedding, Willie worked hard to keep our schedule of events moving. He made a few recommendations to get us back on track when we arrived to the reception late, and made sure to check in and remind us of the time throughout the reception so that we could make sure we got to the events on time.

Willie also has a very easy-to-use website where most of your planning for the reception and music can be done. He worked in our music requests and had people dancing all night, even though our reception was held outside on one of the hottest days of the month.

Devon · Married on 06/25/2016

Willie did a fantastic job! He was so easy to communicate with and made the entire process go smoothly. He really did a great job keeping the guests involved and always made sure that there were guests on the dance floor by playing songs that everyone liked. I've been to weddings where the DJ didn't stand out or wasn't in tune with the feel of the wedding but I have to say that wasn't the case at all. They were very affordable as well which was definitely another plus! I would definitely use Drop the Mic Entertainment again!

• Colleen

Colleen · Married on 06/24/2016

I found Drop the Mic on weddingwire and based on their amazing reviews decided I would contact them. Within the same day Willie contacted us. He was so helpful and worked with our schedule since we were planning our Ohio wedding from Chicago. He was so organized and listened to everything we wanted. On the day of the wedding he was so flexible and accommodating. I have heard horror stories of DJs mixing up songs and missing key elements but not him he nailed everything perfectly. Our dance floor was never empty, he kept the energy going! My favorite part though was the fact that before he would announce anything he made sure we were ready! Willie thank you for making our wedding so amazing.