50 Reviews for Drop The Mic Entertainment

Sound/PA System (3)
Uplighting (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
46 Drop The Mic Entertainment Reviews

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my experience working with Willie for my wedding! He was prompt and professional and made our reception so much fun! Thank you Willie!!

Profile Picture Madeline, 2/3/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Willie was incredible! He kept us on track all day and explained details as he went along to make sure we were on board with everything. He was so easy to work with and was so flexible with any last minute requests we had. He really helped make our day so perfect and I can’t even count how many guests came up to us to tell us how great he was! I would 100% recommend Willie and Drop the Mic Entertainment for any event!

Profile Picture Camille, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From day one, Will was beyond professional and extremely flexible when it came to meeting with us and what we could do with the wedding. He was very easy going and never asked us to change our ideas or told us no. Any idea that we had, he was willing to work with. The day of the wedding, not only did he do his job, but he also worked with the staff who was serving our food in order to fix a time issue. I am so glad that we went with Drop the Mic Entertainment, it was money well spent. He made our wedding day one that everyone will remember.

Profile Picture Samuel , 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We had a perfect experience with Drop the Mic and DJ Will. From the very start he was always very helpful and quick to respond (I, of course, had a million questions), and when it came to the day of, we couldn’t have asked for anything better. It was immediately clear he knew exactly what to do to help us keep everything running smoothly throughout the whole night. I was all over the place but he made sure to find me and check in before we had any major moments of the night. He was attentive the whole night and made sure everyone was always on the same page. Furthermore, we have had many compliments from guests on the music selection and the amazingly fun atmosphere. I would recommend Drop the Mic over and over again.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

An amazing DJ and he kept things following the itinerary the whole night! It is so nice to not have to worry about keeping track of when everything should happen. People were dancing all night and I had an amazing experience working with Willie!

Profile Picture Carla, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Drop the Mic did a great job giving us everything we asked for! Got to hear all the songs we selected ahead of time.

Profile Picture Josh, 9/16/17, 1 Review
0.8

Wish I would have gone with someone else, but hind sight is 20/20. During cocktail hour my mother asked if he could play a few Disney songs for the kids that were dancing and he told my mother he "does not do that" and will not play any 'Disney music.' During the reception my mother in law asked him if he could get people excited and get them dancing his response was "I do not do that." We had a dollar dance and I sent him a brief summary of how it works, for him and only him to read, he decided to read my entire summary to all of my guests! I was so embarrassed and when my sister told him to stop reading that because our family knows how it works and it was extremely embarrassing his response was along the lines of 'well I am the one with the microphone and looks like I am reading it.' Bouquet toss came and he half assed it and did not allow the gentleman who caught the garter to put in on the woman who caught the bouquet. I also heard from my dad and two guests who don't know each other that he CUT IN THE DINNER BUFFET!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Horrible, absolutely horrible and I 100% do not recommend. He is not accommodating, is not the fun hype DJ you want at your wedding, and is extremely disrespectful and unprofessional. If you decide to book him I can't wait to read your review saying that you should have listened to 'the girl on weddingwire.'

Profile Picture Morgan, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Like most brides, I am a very detail oriented person. So naturally, as I was planning out the reception I wanted everything to be perfect, and Willie definitely helped make that possible! With his online planning form you can ensure every second of your reception will be exactly how you want it, and he does a great job at ensuring everything stays on schedule. Willie was also super responsive throughout the whole process. He was always available anytime I had a question or wanted to meet up to ensure we were on the same page with everything. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Will was amazing from the beginning. He quickly figured out what we were looking for and executed it perfectly on our wedding day. He was extremely professional and we put forth our highest recommendation for him!

Profile Picture Alex, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We absolutely loved him. He was a great time and kept the party going. The day was a little unorganized on our part due to the rain delay, but Willie kept calm and tried to keep us on time with things. He pronounced the last name a little wrong, but that was the only minor issue. Will definitely recommend to friends!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Exceptional value (5 star) for a great cost ($)!

The DJ companies you pay for generic, they've done this for the 150th time, wash and repeat type of DJ. Not the case with Will. He was part of the family and truly treated our wedding as if it were your own. By not going through a DJ company you do run the risk of no back-up DJ, however, Will smashed that concern right off the bat.

It was a true pleasure working with him. He was responsive and accommodated our requests without hesitation, dressed professionally, arrived promptly and handled the flow of the night perfectly! He didn't emcee too much either and read the room and the audience to make sure he set the perfect vibe.

You would be foolish not to use Will !

Profile Picture Katlin, 4/29/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

As a wedding photographer, I've worked with many DJ's over the years. Drop the Mic entertainment has hands down been my favorite. DJ Willie Hooper knows how to get the party started, and keep it going. Do yourself a favor and hire them!

Profile Picture Allison, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Drop the mic entertainment did just as I asked!

Profile Picture User6092989, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Willie was very easy to work with prior to the event and the day of. He was very responsive and nearly instantly would respond to any questions I had. He played the music we wanted to hear and had great pricing.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/3/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Willie was incredibly easy to work with, and he made our reception so fun!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Willie was an excellent DJ and MC. He was eager to work with us and listened to what we wanted before our wedding. He gave us a very competitive rate because our wedding was on a Friday, and was not pushy at all in the time between our initial inquiry with him and our decision to hire him (I had another DJ email me every day even after I said we weren't interested).

On the actual day of the wedding, Willie worked hard to keep our schedule of events moving. He made a few recommendations to get us back on track when we arrived to the reception late, and made sure to check in and remind us of the time throughout the reception so that we could make sure we got to the events on time.

Willie also has a very easy-to-use website where most of your planning for the reception and music can be done. He worked in our music requests and had people dancing all night, even though our reception was held outside on one of the hottest days of the month.

Profile Picture Wesley, 7/22/16, 1 Review
2.1

Willie was a friendly guy. We talked a couple times on the phone before our wedding and thought we were definitely on the same page as far as the atmosphere we were going for at our reception. Yet, at the reception several things were disappointing. The music was WAY too loud for our rustic style of wedding (it was more fitting for a large banquet or dance hall than our small space). This was something we requested beforehand and he had said that finding a reasonable, classy volume wouldn't be a problem. This was also a problem during our first dance as a couple. The song we so carefully chose was played so loudly that the words were hard to hear (it was rather sad for us). Also, he didn't do a good job announcing things like the cake cutting (almost no one came over to the cake table to watch because of this). And he rushed through the anniversary song and people became confused. If we could go back in time, we would definitely hire another DJ for our wedding. He seemed responsive and well-reviewed prior to our event, but when the day came I think his services were the lowest point of the day. He really did his own thing and threw what we had talked about out the window.

With that being said, for those who want a very loud, dance-emphasized, crazy party-style event, he would probably perform better in those circumstances. Still, he didn't stick to the plan we had come up with as a team beforehand.

Profile Picture Stelios, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Willie did a fantastic job! He was so easy to communicate with and made the entire process go smoothly. He really did a great job keeping the guests involved and always made sure that there were guests on the dance floor by playing songs that everyone liked. I've been to weddings where the DJ didn't stand out or wasn't in tune with the feel of the wedding but I have to say that wasn't the case at all. They were very affordable as well which was definitely another plus! I would definitely use Drop the Mic Entertainment again!

Profile Picture Devon, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I found Drop the Mic on weddingwire and based on their amazing reviews decided I would contact them. Within the same day Willie contacted us. He was so helpful and worked with our schedule since we were planning our Ohio wedding from Chicago. He was so organized and listened to everything we wanted. On the day of the wedding he was so flexible and accommodating. I have heard horror stories of DJs mixing up songs and missing key elements but not him he nailed everything perfectly. Our dance floor was never empty, he kept the energy going! My favorite part though was the fact that before he would announce anything he made sure we were ready! Willie thank you for making our wedding so amazing.

Profile Picture Colleen, 6/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I have to start out by saying Willie was the best DJ! I asked for a price quote on a Sunday not expecting a reply until Monday or Tuesday. Not only did I get a quote the same day, but I also got an email asking if he could call me to go over things and some helpful information to aid us in selecting a DJ. At that moment my husband and I knew that we had to go with Drop the Mic. Willie was so helpful with planning the timeline and selecting the music and would occasionally send an email to make sure I was staying on track and what could he do to help. At the wedding, he had everyone on the dance floor and kept our night on track. He reaffirmed that I had made the correct choice, when he played a song from my favorite band for our cake cutting. I remember hearing it come on and I just stopped and looked at my husband and squealed "He's playing Pearl Jam!" I had left that option open on his sheet and let him pick the song. He was clearly paying attention to our sheet and email communications and picked a perfect song to use, not many DJs would go above and beyond like that. He made that moment even more special that it already was. I would highly recommend him to anyone, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Samantha, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We had Will, and I can tell that he is worth it. Since we were out of town he always made sure to keep in touch, and even check in a couple times when getting closer to the wedding. The music was great, the dance floor was packed the whole night. Very professional, but also very friendly which made the whole process more enjoyable.

Profile Picture Joseph, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I can't rave enough about Will! He was incredible and made sure the party was perfect! He asked us what music we wanted from beginning to end and had such a wide array of music to fit the different parts of the night! Once our first dance and the anniversary dance was done, he got the party started and it went until the very end! Everyone felt they had something the could dance to throughout the night since he would slip in some slower songs in between the fast ones. He was willing to play all the strangest requests my guests had. I am so thankful we had someone that understood the party we wanted to have and made it happen!

Profile Picture Miranda, 4/16/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Willie did a work event for us yesterday. It was probably not his typical event, we just needed some background music to the day. He was awesome and did exactly what we needed! I will definitely contact him for future events!

Profile Picture Hilary, 3/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Willie was awesome!! Very friendly and played the music we wanted.

Profile Picture Markie, 10/31/15, 1 Review