57 Reviews for Drop The Mic Entertainment

Uplighting (3)
Liability Insurance (1)
53 Drop The Mic Entertainment Reviews

4.1

Willie and his team helped make our evening a night to remember.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/1/19, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Willie did a wonderful job for our wedding aboard the Nautica Queen last weekend. We highly recommend him and look forward to using him again in the future.

Profile Picture Dave, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Will did a great job explaining how all the stuff would go at the beginning of the reception and keep the party going later in the evening. I would definitely recommend him, and if I had to do it again, I'd want him to DJ.

Profile Picture Patricia, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can't say enough good things about drop the mic entertainment. Very professional and affordable. Willie helped me plan out our whole night and was very accommodating when I had some changes last minute. Karlzel was our DJ and he was great! Very professional, checked with me multiple times throughout the night on how things were going and everyone had such a great time thanks to him!!

Profile Picture Alayna, 5/25/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

When you book a service as important as the music at a wedding reception you often have to wait until the day of the even to find out if you make a good choice. Well...from start to finish our DJ Carlzel was absolutely amazing -- always totally professional, fantastic sound system, accommodating when someone asked about a song...just absolutely made the evening wonderful. We would definitely recommend this company and him in particular for your event any time. I have another daughter with a wedding in her future and Drop The Mic is already on our list of who we'll be using. Thank you, Carlzel!

Profile Picture Sherry, 5/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Drop the Mic Entertainment DJed for our wedding and we could not of asked for a better DJ. I loved that they responded to our audience and paid attention to the crowd. They were very communicative during the event. Willie and Tony were very professional and I recommend them to anyone else looking for a wedding DJ!

Profile Picture April, 5/4/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my experience working with Willie for my wedding! He was prompt and professional and made our reception so much fun! Thank you Willie!!

Profile Picture Madeline, 2/3/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Willie was incredible! He kept us on track all day and explained details as he went along to make sure we were on board with everything. He was so easy to work with and was so flexible with any last minute requests we had. He really helped make our day so perfect and I can’t even count how many guests came up to us to tell us how great he was! I would 100% recommend Willie and Drop the Mic Entertainment for any event!

Profile Picture Camille, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From day one, Will was beyond professional and extremely flexible when it came to meeting with us and what we could do with the wedding. He was very easy going and never asked us to change our ideas or told us no. Any idea that we had, he was willing to work with. The day of the wedding, not only did he do his job, but he also worked with the staff who was serving our food in order to fix a time issue. I am so glad that we went with Drop the Mic Entertainment, it was money well spent. He made our wedding day one that everyone will remember.

Profile Picture Samuel , 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We had a perfect experience with Drop the Mic and DJ Will. From the very start he was always very helpful and quick to respond (I, of course, had a million questions), and when it came to the day of, we couldn’t have asked for anything better. It was immediately clear he knew exactly what to do to help us keep everything running smoothly throughout the whole night. I was all over the place but he made sure to find me and check in before we had any major moments of the night. He was attentive the whole night and made sure everyone was always on the same page. Furthermore, we have had many compliments from guests on the music selection and the amazingly fun atmosphere. I would recommend Drop the Mic over and over again.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

An amazing DJ and he kept things following the itinerary the whole night! It is so nice to not have to worry about keeping track of when everything should happen. People were dancing all night and I had an amazing experience working with Willie!

Profile Picture Carla, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Drop the Mic did a great job giving us everything we asked for! Got to hear all the songs we selected ahead of time.

Profile Picture Josh, 9/16/17, 1 Review
0.8

Wish I would have gone with someone else, but hind sight is 20/20. During cocktail hour my mother asked if he could play a few Disney songs for the kids that were dancing and he told my mother he "does not do that" and will not play any 'Disney music.' During the reception my mother in law asked him if he could get people excited and get them dancing his response was "I do not do that." We had a dollar dance and I sent him a brief summary of how it works, for him and only him to read, he decided to read my entire summary to all of my guests! I was so embarrassed and when my sister told him to stop reading that because our family knows how it works and it was extremely embarrassing his response was along the lines of 'well I am the one with the microphone and looks like I am reading it.' Bouquet toss came and he half assed it and did not allow the gentleman who caught the garter to put in on the woman who caught the bouquet. I also heard from my dad and two guests who don't know each other that he CUT IN THE DINNER BUFFET!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Horrible, absolutely horrible and I 100% do not recommend. He is not accommodating, is not the fun hype DJ you want at your wedding, and is extremely disrespectful and unprofessional. If you decide to book him I can't wait to read your review saying that you should have listened to 'the girl on weddingwire.'

Profile Picture Morgan, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Like most brides, I am a very detail oriented person. So naturally, as I was planning out the reception I wanted everything to be perfect, and Willie definitely helped make that possible! With his online planning form you can ensure every second of your reception will be exactly how you want it, and he does a great job at ensuring everything stays on schedule. Willie was also super responsive throughout the whole process. He was always available anytime I had a question or wanted to meet up to ensure we were on the same page with everything. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Will was amazing from the beginning. He quickly figured out what we were looking for and executed it perfectly on our wedding day. He was extremely professional and we put forth our highest recommendation for him!

Profile Picture Alex, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We absolutely loved him. He was a great time and kept the party going. The day was a little unorganized on our part due to the rain delay, but Willie kept calm and tried to keep us on time with things. He pronounced the last name a little wrong, but that was the only minor issue. Will definitely recommend to friends!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Exceptional value (5 star) for a great cost ($)!

The DJ companies you pay for generic, they've done this for the 150th time, wash and repeat type of DJ. Not the case with Will. He was part of the family and truly treated our wedding as if it were your own. By not going through a DJ company you do run the risk of no back-up DJ, however, Will smashed that concern right off the bat.

It was a true pleasure working with him. He was responsive and accommodated our requests without hesitation, dressed professionally, arrived promptly and handled the flow of the night perfectly! He didn't emcee too much either and read the room and the audience to make sure he set the perfect vibe.

You would be foolish not to use Will !

Profile Picture Katlin, 4/29/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were so happy we decided to book with Drop The Mic Entertainment for our wedding! Willie was extremely helpful during the planning process and was always willing to incorporate any ideas we had. He always made sure to update us before any special moments at our wedding (first dance, cake cutting, etc.) Thanks to Willie, the dance floor was packed until the very last song.

Profile Picture Abbey, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

As a wedding photographer, I've worked with many DJ's over the years. Drop the Mic entertainment has hands down been my favorite. DJ Willie Hooper knows how to get the party started, and keep it going. Do yourself a favor and hire them!

Profile Picture Allison, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Drop the mic entertainment did just as I asked!

Profile Picture User6092989, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Willie was very easy to work with prior to the event and the day of. He was very responsive and nearly instantly would respond to any questions I had. He played the music we wanted to hear and had great pricing.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/3/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Willie was incredibly easy to work with, and he made our reception so fun!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Willie was an excellent DJ and MC. He was eager to work with us and listened to what we wanted before our wedding. He gave us a very competitive rate because our wedding was on a Friday, and was not pushy at all in the time between our initial inquiry with him and our decision to hire him (I had another DJ email me every day even after I said we weren't interested).

On the actual day of the wedding, Willie worked hard to keep our schedule of events moving. He made a few recommendations to get us back on track when we arrived to the reception late, and made sure to check in and remind us of the time throughout the reception so that we could make sure we got to the events on time.

Willie also has a very easy-to-use website where most of your planning for the reception and music can be done. He worked in our music requests and had people dancing all night, even though our reception was held outside on one of the hottest days of the month.

Profile Picture Wesley, 7/22/16, 1 Review
2.1

Willie was a friendly guy. We talked a couple times on the phone before our wedding and thought we were definitely on the same page as far as the atmosphere we were going for at our reception. Yet, at the reception several things were disappointing. The music was WAY too loud for our rustic style of wedding (it was more fitting for a large banquet or dance hall than our small space). This was something we requested beforehand and he had said that finding a reasonable, classy volume wouldn't be a problem. This was also a problem during our first dance as a couple. The song we so carefully chose was played so loudly that the words were hard to hear (it was rather sad for us). Also, he didn't do a good job announcing things like the cake cutting (almost no one came over to the cake table to watch because of this). And he rushed through the anniversary song and people became confused. If we could go back in time, we would definitely hire another DJ for our wedding. He seemed responsive and well-reviewed prior to our event, but when the day came I think his services were the lowest point of the day. He really did his own thing and threw what we had talked about out the window.

With that being said, for those who want a very loud, dance-emphasized, crazy party-style event, he would probably perform better in those circumstances. Still, he didn't stick to the plan we had come up with as a team beforehand.

Profile Picture Stelios, 7/16/16, 1 Review