Driftwood Restaurants and Catering Reviews

12 | Cleveland, OH

12 Reviews for Driftwood Restaurants and Catering

Catherine · Married on 07/29/2017

Driftwood Catering was top notch, a breeze to work with, pure professionalism at all times through the planning to the event and even clean up and follow up. I don’t even know where to begin. Lauren P. was WONDERFUL! We planned via phone and email only since I was hundreds of miles away planning an event in PA. With 2 Pinterest photos she nailed how I wanted the tables to look, what meals would fit for my group, recommendations (as I have never planned a wedding and she has done many) on timeline, bread plates or baskets, coffee service, cake served or on the table…all these things I wouldn’t have ever thought of she broke down. With any change or idea, I’d have a new proposal in my inbox, never being kept in the dark of costs. Billing was extremely easy. Then the night of everything the staff was AMAZING! The food was delicious – so many comments on it and not one on it being cold or anything. The night went off without any hiccups. Everyone was so kind and generous, the room looked gorgeous, food was amazing. I left my name plates that showed the type of food the guests were getting back hundreds of miles away at home and without skipping a beat Lauren figured out a plan B and executed it, no issues just went to work. Amazing experience and I will surely be using them and recommending them for any catering needs!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Caitie · Married on 11/18/2016

Catie was awesome to work with. She helped set everything up months in advance and the day of, the presentation was gorgeous.

Sent on 12/27/2016

The venue for my daughters wedding was Ariel International so when we began our search for a caterer we had to find a company that could prepare the meals on site since we were planning a sit down dinner. After narrowing down our list, we selected Driftwood and I am so glad we did. Catie Hodgson was wonderful to work with! She was flexible, worked with our budget, and responded promptly to all emails and phone calls (even when she was on vacation). The food and service the evening of the wedding were exceptional. The chefs were able to accommodate some guests with special dietary needs on the spot as we were not aware in advance of these requirements. The servers were very attentive to the needs of the guests. To sum it up, we were all very happy with Driftwood and I would definitely recommend them to friends. We plan to visit some of their restaurants in the near future too!

Sent on 06/03/2015

This review is coming way late... October will mark 3 years years since our wedding, and we honestly still get compliments about the food.

Driftwood worked with me to create a custom menu and experience for our wedding. We did a couple fun food stations, including a build-your-own mac and cheese bar and a slider station. And I really wanted their house-made kettle chips, so they brought the Hodge Podge food truck along to make that happen!

Driftwood also handled our bar service and did an outstanding job! We provided all of the alcohol ourselves (some kegs from our favorite breweries, ingredients for red & white sangria, and home-made hard cider) and they handled the rest from there, including making some of the most delicious sangria I've ever had!

The set up was beautiful, the food was incredible, and working with their entire team was completely effortless. I can't recommend them enough. Catie is so easy to work with, super responsive, and was open to all of my ideas. They say yes and then figure out how to make it happen for you!

If I'm ever planning another event in Northeast Ohio, I won't hesitate to book them again.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Food was amazing, very easy to work with. Accommodated our every need! The actual chef was the nicest, most sincere person I have met in a very long time!!!!

Sent on 06/04/2014

I couldn't be happier with this company. Everyone is very personable and professional. Chris Hodgson is amazing!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Erica · Married on 09/05/2014

Driftwood Catering provided the space (Cibreo Privato- in the old 4th Street Theater) and food for our recent wedding. Catie Hodgson, the catering manager, was incredibly friendly and professional throughout our planning process. She responded to emails quickly, and she answered all of our questions. She went above and beyond what was expected of her, and she was available the night of our event to make sure everything went smoothly.
    For our food selections, we were able to create a unique menu that captured our love of food. The appetizers were creative and delicious, and all of our guests enjoyed the entree selections. We had many vegetarian and vegan guests, and the chefs were able to accommodate these dietary needs.
    The staff on the day of the wedding worked quickly and efficiently. We held our ceremony in the event space, so a quick turnover was required to prepare the space for dinner. The wait staff were ahead of schedule, which provided more time for dancing at the end of the evening.
    I will gladly employ the services of Driftwood Catering again, and I look forward to frequenting their many restaurants in the area to enjoy their high quality food on a regular basis!

Sent on 09/17/2014
  • Joyce

Joyce · Married on 06/30/2013

4.2
      2.5
      3.5

All of our guests said that this was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. The food was amazing! My husband and I ate leftovers (didn't get a chance to really eat at the wedding), and they were still so good.

Driftwood was co-founded by two restauranteurs in Cleveland, including one of the contestants on Food Network's "Next Food Network Star" Chris Hodgson. He also runs a food truck that was featured on the Great Food Truck Race, so they have a great handle on catering and food preparation.

We ordered some "non-traditional" food for our Sunday lunch, including root beer short ribs and shrimp & grits (with chorizo). For the vegetarian option, we had the vegetable napoleon. We also had a kale salad that we really enjoyed. It was all very reasonably priced for the quality of food.

The best part of Driftwood is that they are very customizable - they will do what works for your budget rather than trying to sell you extra add-ons. I think they value hospitality and quality of food first - they aren't going to play the middle man. The servers and bar tenders were great - got all the food out in a timely manner and no one was left waiting. We got a chance to pick our own silverware and the # of table linens - again, no extra add-ons or upgrades. It was very straight forward with great value!

As for responsiveness, I had some trouble getting in touch with the coordinator, and I had to follow up and correct our order several times. It would have been nice to have some sort of excel sheet of our budget and all our notes from Driftwood. In the end, I had my day-of coordinator work with Driftwood to do all final preparations. Everything worked out in the end, but this is definitely an area of improvement. Jaimie cares a lot about the food quality and event preparation, but not as much for decor and other flourishes.

We loved the food and service and would recommend to a friend, as long as they are willing to do the work of communication and follow up!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Food was wonderful. My guests said it was the best food they ever had at a wedding!!

Sent on 10/27/2012

3.8
      3.0

We had our rehearsal dinner at Hodges and the food is just outstanding. We received rave reviews on their cozy atmosphere and substantial portion sizes for the remainder of the wedding weekend. While their team seems a bit new to the game and at times can be uncoordinated, they were incredibly flexible and easy to work with.

Sent on 04/25/2016
  • Lamika

Lamika · Married on 08/19/2017

2.0
      2.0

The food was cold and burnt when served to the wedding party

Sent on 09/02/2017

Stella · Married on 10/12/2015

0.8
      0.5

Saw a manager corner a server and scream (a little less than professional, I'd say). The food was fine, but entirely overpriced.

Sent on 09/13/2017