Dreamcatcher Artistry Reviews

104 | San Francisco, CA

104 Reviews for Dreamcatcher Artistry

• Sheila

Sheila B. · Married on 12/08/2020

Fantastic hair and makeup artist!!

Dreamcatcher Artistry comes highly recommended! Thank you Leah for coordinating having Hailey come and take care of me on my big day! She kept me calm and looking smashing at the same time! Hailey, I greatly appreciate you coming out both Saturday and Sunday for my wedding functions. You were such a blast to work with and made me feel like a stunning princess!!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Shilpa

Shilpa T. · Married on 11/07/2020

Talented, Professional, Easy to Work With

I worked with Leah at Dreamcatcher Artistry on the recommendation of my best friend, as well as my personal experience using Dreamcatcher Artistry for our bridesmaid hair and makeup for her (best friend's) wedding.

For my micro wedding in October, I was connected with Sye, a local SF based hair and makeup artist, and I was blown away. From the adaptability to my requests (pivoting from an up do to a wavy half up/half down style), to her warm and caring nature (I promise, this is really important in a stylist!), to her style/talent in both hair and makeup, I was at ease with Sye after our trial (which was only 2 days before my wedding!).

She was on time (6am, after a 50 mile drive to the South Bay), smiling, professional, and finished with time to spare on my wedding day, all to the style/look I wanted. She even left me with the lip color for touch up for the evening (my wedding was at 10am).

Given the nature of a micro wedding, I was trying very hard to keep things as COVID safe as possible. Sye respected all of my COVID safety requests, and the Dreamcatcher policy is very accommodating of COVID safety requirements as well. She even set my makeup so well, that it barely came off on my mask!

In comparison, most bridal hair/makeup in the SF Bay Area was quoted between $550-$2500, so I felt the price to be very fair for Dreamcatcher, including the trial!

I cannot recommend the experience working with Leah, head of Dreamcatcher Artistry, to connect you with the stylist of your dreams. Her team (Sye is a true example of this) is professional, talented, warm, and communicative, basically everything that I needed as the bride to put me at ease in this process.

Sent on 01/04/2021

Elanah E. · Married on 10/30/2020

Maya is a must-have!

The goal for my wedding hair and makeup was to look like the best version of myself — nothing too over the top or out of the ordinary — and that’s exactly how I felt. Maya was amazing to work with, and I am already scheming how I can have her do my hair and makeup again.

Not only is Maya incredibly personable, which is very important when you’re spending hours together on your wedding day, but she is knowledgeable and truly a talented artist. She’s also very patient — during my trial we went through a couple of hairstyles to find the look that made me feel the most confident.

We took precautions with regards to COVID-19, and I felt incredibly safe. Maya wore a mask and a shield, and frequently disinfected her tools and washed her hands constantly.

My sister and niece worked with Nora for their hair and makeup services, and while I don’t have firsthand experience with her, the final product spoke for itself. They looked gorgeous! My sister said that Nora was so friendly, listened to all of their requests, and also followed all COVID-19 procedures which made them feel very safe and comfortable.

If you book with Dreamcatcher, definitely make a request for Maya or Nora!

Sent on 12/13/2020
  • Jinhee

Jinhee · Married on 10/24/2020

Super responsive, fully competent artists

Working with Leah in coordinating the hair and makeup previews, appts, and schedule was very easy and prompt. She was very communicative and open to feedback. Because of COVID times, there were some setbacks that Leah handled beautifully. For the actual hair and makeup, I worked with Megan, who was amazing. She knew exactly how to proceed after discussing the look and viewing some images. She did quick and fabulous work and was very willing to make changes after doing the preview. They also were open to my notes after the preview to make sure I was happy with my entire look. Their COVID protocols made me feel very safe and that they were taking the extra mile to make sure things weren't being cross contaminated. Megan was also super easy and fun to talk to. She created a beautiful look for me that lasted all day, virtually no blotting or touchups whatsoever! Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/02/2020
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/22/2020

Experts! Perfect hair and makeup

Adrieanna was amazing. I have rosacea with acne so I was nervous but she made me look like a supermodel with both hair and makeup. Cannot stress how important it is to have full faith in your hair and makeup artist and she did not disappoint.

Adrieanna was communicative and arrived early. She was very professional and sweet.

Sent on 11/01/2020
  • Elvina

Elvina · Married on 10/11/2020

Highly recommended!

My wedding party and I had the most wonderful experience with Leah, Maya, and Nora from Dreamcatcher Artistry. I knew right from the start that I was in good hands when Leah responded almost immediately to my inquiry email. She was always super responsive throughout the whole process and was so patient answering all of my questions (as evidenced by the dozens of emails we exchanged in my inbox!) Due to pandemic restrictions, my makeup trial had to be done outdoors in the backyard in the middle of a heat wave. And let me tell you, my hair and makeup somehow held up even after being applied in the heat and humidity and while wearing a mask the rest of the day. I literally had strangers stopping me to compliment me on my hair and makeup (which NEVER happens in my day to day life, ha!) My hair and makeup artist, Maya, was so sweet and incredibly patient with me during the trial. She was able to recreate my hair inspiration photo perfectly and custom mixed multiple lip colors until we found a shade that I liked. The airbrush foundation felt barely there, but gave me the perfect amount of coverage. Maya asked me many questions throughout, making sure that I was happy with every aspect of my hair and makeup.

On the day of the wedding, Maya was joined by our second artist, Nora, and between the two of them, got my wedding party glammed up. They wore their masks and face shields the entire time, frequently washed their hands, and sanitized their equipment in between each person. A couple of men had their hair and makeup done too--airbrushing and all! Our artists worked with everyone to give them the exact hair and makeup look each person wanted, finishing right on schedule. Thank you so much to our artists Maya and Nora for making us look beautiful and Leah for being so organized and responsive! I highly recommend Dreamcatcher Artistry!

Sent on 01/16/2021

Gina M. · Married on 09/12/2020

Great trial experience

I had a great experience with DreamCatcher Artistry for my trial and am looking forward to the wedding. Leah was responsive and professional - she took the time to answer all of my questions and has been very helpful so far. Hayley did my hair and makeup trial. She was knowledgeable, friendly, and took the time to really understand what I was looking for. From my experience thus far, I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren N. · Married on 03/14/2020

Beautiful wedding hair!

My wedding hair was sooo beautiful and exactly what I wanted! Every aspect of my experience with Dreamcatcher Artistry was positive. They are true professionals, I highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/26/2020
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 03/06/2020

Couldn't have asked for a better experience!

I live in the UK, so we never met beforehand or did a preview day before the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Taylor showed up right on time. I honestly cannot say enough about Taylor, my bridesmaids and myself clicked with her instantly and we had so much fun working with her. She has a very peaceful and calming vibe to her personality, not to mention her skills were absolutely amazing. I'm pretty sure I was the most stress-free bride in the world! We had the most amazing experience and I would highly recommend Taylor to any bride who's looking for a relaxing experience!
    Photographer: Jess Rankin - @jessrankin_

Sent on 03/27/2020
  • Priscilla

Priscilla S. · Married on 10/25/2019

Wonderful Experience!!!

Leah was fantastic! She listened to my vision and reviewed my inspiration photos and made it come to life for my wedding. I was unbelievably happy with how my hair turned out and she did a gorgeous job with my bridesmaids too! It was perfect! She was so sweet, fun and wonderful to have in the room with us while we were getting ready. Leah was extremely professional and punctual and she made the coordination and payment process easy. I was incredibly impressed and I highly recommend using Dreamcatcher Artistry for your wedding or next event! Thank you!!!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Emily T. · Married on 10/19/2019

Never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day!

I loved Dreamcatcher artistry and can't recommend them enough! I had 3 hair and make up ladies for 7 bridesmaids plus MOB, and my grandmother, and of course, me. Not only were the artists super sweet, but also very talented. All of the women looked flawless, and the looks stayed all night. Several of the girls commented that it was their favorite hair and make up! Plus, my grandma said she'd never gotten so many compliments in her life and she wished she could get her make up done all the time. I'm so happy she felt so beautiful on my big day, it made it that much sweeter.

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Lucy

Lucy · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing experience-exactly what I wanted and needed

Ashlee (my artist) did an incredible job with makeup on myself and my closest friends/family who decided to have their makeup done. She was professional, sweet, and understood my aesthetic perfectly after providing some examples. She took away so much anxiety on my wedding day--I had only worked with makeup artists I was unhappy with in the past for other people's weddings--and it was priceless for me. The photos look amazing and I felt beautiful

Sent on 03/24/2020
  • Lana

Lana Y. · Married on 08/24/2019

Wonderful experience with Dreamcatcher Artistry!

I would highly recommend using Dreamcatcher Artistry for your wedding makeup! I had Hayley do my makeup for my wedding and she was absolutely fantastic to work with. She really listened to what I wanted and I was so happy with the final look. Leah was also amazing to work with. She was always so quick to get back to me, and had very helpful answers to my questions. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Dreamcatcher Artistry!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Neetu B. · Married on 08/10/2019

Great Bridal, Bridal Party and Mother of the Bride Hair and Make Up

Leah and Nora of Dreamcatcher Artistry were great and made my wedding day hair and make up easy and stress free. This is my second time using Dreamcatcher Artistry, the first was for my sister's wedding. Leah was super responsive and professional as our wedding day approached. Nora, the artist, was super sweet, calm, flexible and patient the whole day. I cannot recommend Dreamcatcher Artistry more highly. I wanted a clean, natural and romantic look and that's exactly what I got.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Katie

Katie M. · Married on 08/04/2019

Highly recommended - talented, professional and easy to work with

I highly recommend the Dreamcatcher Artistry team to anyone looking for hair and makeup artists for their wedding day. Leah made coordination so easy and I really can't say enough good things about Maya and Taylor - friendly, relaxed, easy to work with and really talented artists. Everything went so smoothly and everyone was really happy with their hair and makeup. They did a really good job with my girls since many didn't know exactly what they wanted. Taylor and Maya helped them with ideas and worked with their pinterest inspo. Everyone looked bright and fresh which was exactly the natural summer look we were going for. Maya perfectly recreated the look I decided on during my trial and I loved every part of it. I really appreciated her attention to detail and how she worked to get my eyelashes just right. I've never felt more beautiful and we had the happiest day. Thanks, again, to the team!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Emily

Emily J. · Married on 07/20/2019

beautiful wedding hair and makeup!

I hired a team in the SB area to do hair and makeup for me, my wedding party and moms of bride and groom. They were fantastic - super professional, friendly, efficient and great at what they do! They were super accommodating of everyone's individual style requests, which I loved.

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 06/15/2019

Natural Glam - Wonderful Artist

I used Dreamcatcher after they were recommended by a friend who used them at their wedding and loved them. I had a perfect experience as well for my Napa wedding in May. Hayley did my (bride) hair and makeup and my mom's. We both loved her work. She made me natural glam so that I still looked like myself without being caked with makeup but elevated so that I looked much better than more normal day to day! My hair was straight down but she made it perfect so that it stayed in place and was straight not wavy like I wanted. She has a lovely demeanor and was efficient and very prepared. I'd use her again for an event anytime.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Anna · Married on 06/09/2019

Wonderful!

I am completely overwhelmed with happiness about how me and my bridesmaids looked on my wedding day. That was in big part thanks to the Dreamcatcher Artistry Team.

The owner Leah was responsive and followed up quickly and consistently and our artists Maya and KT were phenomenal. They made all of us feel like our best and I for one felt like a princess!

Do yourself a favor and hire this team!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Hannah · Married on 04/13/2019

My experience with Dreamcatcher was excellent from the get-go. Working with Leah was a breeze and she was always so friendly and helpful. Taylor did my trial run and my hair and makeup on the day of and she was absolutely lovely. She really listened to my wants and gave me the perfect look that made me feel absolutely beautiful but still kept true to myself as I don't usually wear a lot of makeup. Her attention to detail was outstanding and she is a true artist. I couldn't have asked for better hair and makeup - thank you Taylor and Dreamcatcher!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Paloma

Paloma · Married on 04/06/2019

Everything I wanted for hair and make-up

When I started my search for a hair and make-up artist, I was pretty nervous. I heard that you don't want to skimp on hair and make-up because it could ruin your day! Because of that, I thought I would have to go with someone in my area whose services were more expensive. But then I came across Dreamcatcher Artistry, which had many positive reviews, and I knew it would fit in my budget. They were quick to respond to all my queries. When I finally got around to my trial with my artist, Maya, she effortlessly put together my look from the pictures I shared with her from Pinterest. We were able to try two hairstyles I was interested in and I polled my close friends for their opinions before deciding on the day. The make-up Maya did for me was pretty much exactly what I wanted. I was thrilled to be able to communicate with someone so easily about what I wanted. I can't recommend her or Dreamcatcher enough!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Susan K. · Married on 12/27/2018

Miracle worker!

Adrianna made me look amazing for my wedding! Thank you!! Can't be happier!

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Robin

Robin · Married on 11/10/2018

Professional Artistry

Leah & Adrieanna were wonderful to work with. Leah is very prompt when responding to emails, questions and dates. When you are planning a wedding, prompt responses are really appreciated. Adrieanna is quite the artist and is very skilled at her craft. She did a wonderful job on me, my MOH and mother. Everyone was extremely happy with their appearance. Also, she was on time and was able to keep to the strict time line my wedding planner created, without breaking a sweat! My husband said I looked like a princess! My hair and makeup lasted all day with only one touch up on lipstick before walking down the aisle. I was pretty amazed, I just didn't need to worry about anything once
    Adrieanna was finished, I could just focus on enjoying the day! Lastly, their website is very detailed and there are no surprises on cost. I was a beautiful, happy bride thanks to Dreamcatcher!

Sent on 01/05/2019
  • Jami

Jami S. · Married on 10/13/2018

Everything I Hoped For

I can’t say enough how much I LOVED my wedding hair and makeup. My hair and makeup artist was Adrieanna. She was absolutely incredible! She was very accommodating and listened to exactly what I was looking to do. I actually did a trial with another company before going with Dreamcatcher, and it was without a doubt the best decision I could have made for my wedding. She gave life to the vision I had, and she did so with such professionalism and personality.
    Leah was my main contact for Dreamcatcher, and she was lovely to work with. She was very on top of her email and never failed to respond in a timely manner.
    Thank you Dreamcatcher! And an even bigger thank you to Adrieanna for your beautiful work.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Michelle C. · Married on 10/13/2018

Best experience using Dreamcatcher for my wedding day

Choosing Dreamcatcher to do my hair and makeup for my wedding was the best decision! From day one Leah was super responsive and accommodating with any questions I had, scheduling my trial and putting together a timeline for the wedding day. Maya did my trial (and for the wedding) and it couldn't have gone better. I gave a few inspiration photos and she absolutely nailed it! I'm really hesitant when it comes to others doing my hair and makeup but after consulting with Maya I felt super comfortable with the process and let her do her thing. She's the sweetest, really listens to the details and executes the look you want, asking questions and reassuring you along the way. The day of the wedding couldn't have gone more smoothly -- all of the artists (KT, Natalia, Maya) showed up on time, were efficient and got along with everyone so well. They did such a good job at matching everyone's skin tones, complimenting their features and listening to their concerns (the right amount of makeup, skin concerns. etc. ). My mom, mother in law, maid of honor, bridesmaids and flower girls looked so beautiful and mine turned out just as I had envisioned. It made the day way less stressful having a hair and makeup team I could trust and work with so seamlessly. Definitely hire Dreamcatcher for your wedding day!!

Sent on 12/13/2018
  • Sara

Sara Z. · Married on 10/05/2018

Beautiful makeup!

Working with Dreamcatcher for my wedding was wonderful. Leah was great with in regards to the scheduling and making sure I was booking exactly what I needed to.

Maya was our makeup artist and she made me feel so beautiful! We did a trial a couple months ahead of the wedding. Maya was super flexible with timing, I requested a very early 8 am time and she was able to make it no problem.

For the big event we did two different looks for the ceremony and reception, an updo and wavy down look. Both turned out exactly how I envisioned!

I would highly recommend Maya and Dreamcatcher!

Sent on 01/05/2019