Dragonfly Photography Reviews

Dragonfly Photography 2
Dragonfly Photography 3

Lauren Williams · Married on 10/27/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Rachael was amazing and easy to work with! Our pictures came out so beautiful! We highly recommend Dragonfly Photography!! She made us feel comfortable and helped make our day special!

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • KAILYN

KAILYN · Married on 10/19/2018

AMAZING! Highly Recommend!!

Rachael is truly amazing! She made us feel so comfortable and relaxed throughout the process- first meeting, engagement photos, wedding day, and every phone call in between. My husband really hates taking pictures and always feels uncomfortable but even he kept commenting on how great of an experience it was to work with Rachael and how relaxed he felt during all photo shoots. Our wedding day was so easy and well organized when it came to hearding everyone together for pictures. Rachael made us laugh which in turn made us all smile! :) she was WONDERFUL!!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Tanya · Married on 10/13/2018

Overall great experience

Rachael was so great to work with! She was the most affordable photographer I found while still maintaining the quality and professionalism you expect from a wedding photographer. She was fun and enthusiastic and just made you feel comfortable. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/11/2019
    Dragonfly Photography 4
    Dragonfly Photography 5

Shannon · Married on 10/06/2018

Great wedding photographer!!

Rachael not only captured beautiful photos of our wedding but she also was very accommodating and flexible. We changed our wedding date and she was very accommodating with us about that. She gave great ideas of different shots and captured the most important parts of our day. We would highly recommend Dragonflyshots!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Betty Weigold · Married on 07/07/2018

First Phone Call

From the moment I first spoke to Rachael she was friendly and helpful.

Sent on 01/22/2019
    Dragonfly Photography 6

Anne · Married on 06/30/2018

I cannot say enough about Rachael and her team! She was easy to work with and we LOVED our photos. She is very organized and accommodating. We were extremely happy with our photography choice and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Robert · Married on 12/16/2017

Working with Rachael made our wedding complete! She was a true professional from start to finish -- answering any and every question we had prior to our wedding day, making us feel at ease while she took pictures during the wedding and producing incredible photos we’ll cherish forever. If we have any other professional photography needs in the future, she’ll be our first call – we cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 04/06/2018
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband and I are so glad we had Rachael and Krissy shooting our wedding day. They were so sweet and excited to capture every detail. They made sure we had all the shots we wanted, gave excellent tips and ideas for poses, and made sure we were laughing the entire day! The photo booth was the perfect addition to our reception. We have already received all the photo booth photos and several wedding sneak peak photos, and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Dragonfly Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for such a sweet review! :) You two are adorable and I wish so much happiness for you both!

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

We hired Rachael for our Engagement and Wedding pictures. She was SO easy to work with and did an amazing job! We love her. Everyone has raved about our pictures. She made us feel so comfortable, and was such a huge help on our Wedding day. She definitely went above and beyond to make our day extra special!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Dragonfly Photography's reply:

Thank you Sarah! Your wedding was so special and your dog being at the wedding made for some extra fun shots! :) Cheers to Love!

Megan · Married on 07/15/2017

We could not be happier to have had Rachael as our wedding photographer! Her bubbly personality made us feel so comfortable and at many points she was so natural that we even forgot she was there. Leading up to the wedding Rachael was VERY responsive to any questions that we had. We just adore her pictures and could not narrow down our pictures because we loved them all so much! We will definitely being using Rachael again and HIGHLY recommend Rachael to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Dragonfly Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Megan! It was such an honor to be your wedding photgrapher! You made my job easy! :)

Andy · Married on 05/26/2017

Rachael was so amazing for our wedding, I would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer. Her personality and laugh are contagious and really made everyone comfortable when taking photos

Sent on 12/15/2017

Dragonfly Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Andy! You guys were a blast and it was such a pleasure to be your wedding photographer! ☺️

Angela · Married on 04/08/2017

Rachael is not only a FANTASTIC photographer, but a WONDERFUL person! We had a blast sharing our special day with her, and now have beautiful photographs to remember that day for years to come. I HIGHLY recommend Dragonfly Photography!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Rachael is amazing! She was there for us every step of the way and made us feel super relaxed on the big day! We absolutely love our wedding photos and could not have imagined having any other photographer!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Lily · Married on 09/03/2016

If you're searching for your dream photographer, look no further! Rachael is an absolutely AMAZING photographer and her upbeat personality is so infectious! She makes you feel so comfortable and photogenic. I would highly recommend Rachael and her team for engagement and wedding photography if you want stunning/ magazine-worthy photos. She is timely with getting edited proofs to you and even did a sneak peek a couple days after our shoot! I would hire Dragonfly Photography for any important event you want documented... you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Taylor · Married on 09/12/2015

Rachael is amazing. She took our engagement photos this past fall at Cider Hill Farm in Amesbury and we couldn't be HAPPIER with how the photos came out. Her positive energy and enthusiasm made it easy to get images that show we we are really in the moment vs. posed.

I have used the photos on my wedding website and save-the-date! I have gotten SO many compliments on them. She also sent them in to get published in a upcoming wedding magazine.

Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/14/2015
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 09/12/2015

Rachael took my engagement photos in Amesbury, MA at Cider Hill Farm. She was professional, creative and most of all excited to be a part of our day. Her enthusiasm and laughter really make you feel comfortable throughout the shoot. She knows exactly how you should placed, but also allows you to live in the moment to get real-time shots!

We both love the way the photos came out! I could have asked for anything better!

Thanks Rachael!

Sent on 02/06/2015

Emily · Married on 09/20/2014

Rachael from Dragonfly Photography was one of the best desicions I made for my wedding! I am also in the wedding business myself, and have worked with Rachael in the past on boudoir shoots. Needless to say since I am in the business I am much more of a crictic and only wanted the best vendors for my own wedding!!! She is the perfect balance between fun & professional, and really brings a great energy to her work. I knew having worked with her and seeing her photography that she would deliver creative and timeless photos for my wedding which was held at an art museum. I wanted to make sure Rachael was aware of the space we had in the museum, and she was so flexible in meeting me there to tour the museum so she had a better idea of the space. I can tell you that NO other photographer would take time out of their schedule to do something like that. Rachael makes you feel so relaxed, and defnitely wants you to have fun - and she assures you she is going to get the photos you want! I really can't say enough about her! We did our photobooth through her and the pictures were hilarious!!! Hire her, now.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Anna · Married on 07/05/2014

The photos really turned out beautifully, documenting every moment and every little detail. These two know what they are doing! Thanks so much for creating beautiful, artistic, and personal memories for us as we start our life together!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Megan · Married on 07/05/2014

I worked with Rachael on an Americana, ecclectic, vintage themed Newburyport Wedding and was in love with her from the start! As a Wedding Coordinator I come across quite a variety of other vendors and Rachael was kind, funny, totally on point and did not miss a beat all night! I was head over heals with the images from the event and am still recieving 'Ooos and Ahhhss' when new clients see them. She did a remarkable job at capturing all the little details and the love and hapiness everyone was feeling that evening. I would recommend DragonFly Photography time and time again!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Molly · Married on 11/17/2013

I was referred to Rachael from a family friend. I had been in touch with other photographers, but once we got her on the phone we knew she would be the perfect fit. She was fun, easy to talk to and very knowledgeable (which is something we weren't and needed help with). She made the process a breeze.

We had been in contact several times prior to the wedding to iron out the details. Being that I planned my wedding in about a month, it was incredibly stressful and Rachael made that part of the wedding easy. I didn't need constant attention but surely last minute attention and she rocked that.

My wedding was in November in Salem MA. Rachael had showed up prior to our wedding to scope out a few spots. Never once did I have to help her find a place and that took a ton off my plate. I was getting ready with the Mom’s and when it was time to get in my insanely heavy (and tight) dress, the mother’s has a tough time helping. Rachael stepped up and got me in there! It was an absolute riot, but not sure what I would have done without her!!

She was able to find this one area with ALL yellow leaves to take photos. They were amazing and very unique, which both my husband and I appreciate. Rachael was able to interact with all the guest, and everyone had wonderful things to say about her. The pictures were TOP NOTCH. I need to stress just how amazing they were, so I figure caps do the trick. Better than using some colorful language 

After, Rachael pulled together the massive amount of pictures into a smaller grouping so we could choose them for our wedding album. The photobook idea was fantastic!! She is so creative, so thoughtful, and the grouping and setting of the pictures displayed so beautifully.

I would suggest Rachael for ANY WEDDING. She is fantastic to be around and is a true artist. I don’t think I would have had even close to the wonderful experience if it wasn't for her.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Rachael was amazing on our wedding day and leading up to it! Her pictures captured everything from our day perfectly!! Our album is "the best people have seen" and something we will cherish forever!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Renee · Married on 12/29/2012

Our wedding was such a beautiful day.

Dragonfly was my favorite vendor. They were professional and kept a nervous bride calm. Rachael has such a positive demeanor and I felt she was truly happy for me. They were able to get shots of everyone that was important to me at the wedding on both my side and my husbands side. I was completely shocked with the amount of pictures that were taken after the day, they were able to get so many action shots along with the posed ones.

I had my reservations about having it in the winter but it could not of turn out more perfectly. Rachael came to me during the reception and told me it was snowing outside and if Eric and I could take a couple minutes and go with her we would get some great shots. That was the best advice that I could have gotten at the time. Those outdoor shots were my favorite of the wedding and the ones that I have framed in my house. We were only outside for a couple of minutes and so many were taken. I would have never known if she hadn't taken that initiative and asked us to go outside.

Many people at my wedding loved Dragonfly and used them for their weddings as well.

Sent on 10/22/2014
  • O

Osha · Married on 07/03/2011

Rachael and her staff are absolutely wonderful to work with and were amazing on our wedding day. She captured every moment, decoration, and attendee we could have asked for and offered amazing formatting, styles, and framing for all our shots. She let us see all the photos almost immediately online and organized them in a way that was easy to view on the website.

Rachael and her team are so easy to work with during the planning stages too. She will meet you when and where it works with your schedule, she has great ideas and suggestions for the location and style of the shoot, and she even brought umbrellas because it rained before the ceremony.

My experience with Rachael on our wedding day was so special. I had only know her a few months but she and her team blended right in with the chaos in my mother’s home and took some of my dearest wedding day pictures during the "bridal prep" time. Rachael even managed to get some heartfelt shots of my fiancé at the ceremony site before I arrived.

Rachael is so thoughtful, bright, and creative I highly recommend her as an artist & photographer for your wedding day. I am planning to hire her again for my "Trash the Dress" photo shoot when we celebrate our 5th anniversary!

Sent on 10/07/2014

My husband and I got married in July 2008.
    We used Rachael for our rehearsal dinner and wedding. Rachael is extremely easy to work with and very talented. She captured all the candid unseen moments you might not get to see (cause you're busy being the bride), as well as capturing all the love of the ceremony, and family shots! My husband and I were extremely happy, that of course we had to do Trash the Dress!
    What a fun creative experience to do! I would highly recommend to anyone that wants to get dressed up in your dress again and let lose with Rachael, she had some great ideas.
    Rachael has taken all our pictures throughout the past 7 years, and I wouldn't have it any other way. There is truly no other person I would want to capture all my families memories on camera!

Sent on 10/29/2014
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 09/08/2018

Dragonfly Photography provides professional, classic, organic, amazing photos that you'll treasure for a lifetime!

Rachael was a pleasure to work with. She responded right away when I first inquired about her services. This was the first thing that caught my attention & I appreciated, as some vendors took weeks to reply. We set up a meeting at her office (she was very flexible with times) and went over all the details. She provided example albums, showed us what the finished website would look like, tons of sample photos, etc. She was also flexible with the payment schedule, as she understands that paying for a wedding is crazy expensive! She was prompt on the day of the wedding and showed up right on time (and you get to dictate when that time is). I opted to have a second shooter in my package, over a customer wedding album, as we had 140 guests. I'm glad we did, as her assistant was great as well. It was nice because Rachael was with me and my bridal for the "getting ready" shots, while her assistant was with my husband and his groomsmen. This allowed for more shots of each party- and we got some beautiful ones! What I also loved is that I never knew she was there - in a good way! I don't remember a time thinking "this is awkward, she's right in my face, and I'm being forced to pose." I've been to weddings where the photographers are too in your personal space, especially on the dance floor - when you turn around they're right there in your face. I don't like that. I got SO many organic action shots, which is what I really wanted. Love it! Those moments when you're walking down the aisle, after the ceremony is finished, and you're smiling and gleaming with your spouse, looking at everyone in the crowd. She captured so many beautiful moments. She definitely knows how to position you for the "portrait" photos as well (so you don't look super posed and forced). She has a very funny giggle that gets the whole crowd going and really gets the genuine laugh(s) out of you, for that real smile you want in your photos. Overall I would definitely recommend Dragonfly photography!

Sent on 11/13/2018