Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart Reviews

149 | Chicago, IL

149 Reviews for Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart

Dana · Getting married on 12/01/2021

Convenient, affordable, safe, and surprisingly romantic virtual elopement

If you told us a year ago, that we would be ecstatic to be married over Zoom, it would be a really great joke! To say the least, COVID-19 has made for an interesting time to get married. Our December date for our destination wedding turned out to very optimistic and was rescheduled.
    Although all the planning for the dream wedding turned out to be futile, we still wanted to move forward with our lifelong commitment on our anniversary in 2021. After scrambling for weeks to find ANY venue during tier 3 mitigations (including all the county courthouses!!!), we leaned into the idea of a Zoom wedding about a week before. While we contacted many officiants, Dr. Stewart was the most responsive, easiest to talk to, straightforward, and was not overselling.
    Honestly, we thought we wanted to "just make it official," but so grateful we did not do a courthouse wedding. Dr. Stewart sent a worksheet and incorporated it into a beautiful script. Honestly, it inspired us to see it as a celebration, not a legal transaction. Reflecting on our journey before the ceremony galvanized us to make the most of it.
    After our long saga, we were married in our backyard next to the firepit, snow, and in the presence of our dog virtually! It felt like Dr. Stewart knew us, our struggle, and was right there to support us in our journey to married life. Also a plus, free recording over Zoom! Thank you so much for making this the easiest and nicest experience during the pandemic!

Sent on 01/24/2021

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

I'm so happy that the Zoom wedding worked out and that it was a special experience for the two of you. The setting was lovely though I was quite happy to be inside while you braved the cold, along with your fearless canine companion. Thank you for inviting me to celebrate with you!

Alexie M. · Getting married on 09/08/2021

Would Highly Recommend!!

Elizabeth was truly amazing!! With COVID hitting we were only able to talk over the phone but she was always so sweet and the conversations were still very personable. She made our wedding one to remember and I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 08/27/2020

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Thank you, Alexie. I'm so glad you were able to go ahead with the wedding, in spite of COVID. Everything turned out beautifully and having the ceremony "on deck" just made everything so much safer for everyone! Congrats to you and Alex!
  • Carmen

Carmen L. · Getting married on 07/09/2021

professional and easy to work with

Elizabeth was really responsive and easy to work with, making our covid elopement in downtown chicago a wonderful and unforgettable time!! her "just say i do plan" was exactly what we were looking for and she shared the most beautiful words in our wedding. we are so happy we found her, highly recommend!

Sent on 09/27/2020

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Thank you so much, Carmen! I know the Elopement wasn't what you had in mind originally but it was still a beautiful celebration! I am delighted that our "by the river" venue and the weather all cooperated to make the day memorable!
  • Destiny

Destiny · Married on 01/23/2021

Amazing experience!

She is the sweetest, most caring women. She really takes the time to get to know you and make the experience personal... I love that about her. She always is super flexible and makes the whole experience so stress free and smooth. I would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 01/23/2021

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Thank you, Destiny. Even though it was a bitterly cold day, meeting near the river seemed so much more romantic than holding your ceremony on Zoom. It was a heart-warming experience, even if our hands froze! My best wishes to you and Hadi!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth B. · Married on 09/19/2020

Great officiant

Elizabeth did an excellent job at our wedding. We had to do a zoom wedding in lieu of our planned event. Elizabeth coordinates with us before hand to make sure the ceremony would go smoothly, and it did!
    Would recommend!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Hi Elizabeth:
    I'm so glad you could go ahead with your wedding ceremony, even if your reception will now be in 2021. From all the people on the call, it seems as though you were surrounded by the important people in your lives, even if virtually. May you celebrate together next year!

Km · Married on 09/10/2020

Unique and meaningful union

Upon searching for an officiant for our non-traditional, and spiritual ceremony, Elizabeth was perfect. She extended herself to fit within our short lead time, and provided us with a unique ceremony, that was the cornerstone of our union and celebration. By encouraging us to take the time to tell our story, it lead to the most heartfelt ceremony. It included the details that our family and friends would later tell us they never knew; and it helped them feel closer to us, and happy to be a part of our celebration. The joy definitely carried through the night.
    In addition to her desire to create the right story, Elizabeth was also always quick to respond, delightful to speak with, and professional. She also offered much guidance in areas that we had no idea would be important.
    We would highly recommend Elizabeth for anyone looking to create a unique, and meaningful union!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Your story truly became the centerpiece of your ceremony -- I'm so glad we took the time to explore what was going on in your lives when you met and how your two lives became inter-twined. I so enjoyed being "the Keeper of the Story," the "Teller of the Tale" -- what a sacred responsibility!

Amy H. · Married on 07/25/2020

Making It Happen

My husband and I wanted a brief ceremony, because we postponed our wedding due to COVID. We plan on saving the elaborate ceremony on our new wedding date. We were a little confused on the marriage process (one minute we wanted to marry in TN and then we found out the limitations), so Elizabeth explained to us what needed to happen. Elizabeth was very flexible and helped us quickly get a ceremony after we got our license. She made it very fun and memorable, even when we asked for a short ceremony. We would recommend her to a friend or family member.

Sent on 09/23/2020

Hi Amy:
    I'm so glad you could go ahead with getting "legally married"; next year's ceremony will be very special, and I'm delighted that I will be officiating again! I look forward to the next nuptials!

Susan H. · Married on 10/13/2019

An Amazing Day!

Elizabeth made our day incredibly special and meaningful! She wrote a beautiful script, and offered wonderful suggestions for making our day even more meaningful! Not only were my husband and I in tears, but so were most of our guests! We received endless compliments from our family and friends about how beautiful the ceremony was!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Susan and Kyu,
    At least the tears were happy tears! It was such a joyful occasion and I was so delighted to be a part of your celebration!
  • Timothy

Timothy K. · Married on 09/27/2019

One of a Kind Officiant

Many people asked me where I found the officiant for the wedding ceremony because they thought Elizabeth was amazing! I couldn't agree more with my guests, Elizabeth's story telling was perfect. It told how we met in a unique and funny way, and I could not be more happy with her services! Thank you so much Elizabeth!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Tim, your love story is priceless -- it was easy to craft because you and Sanny provided so many descriptive details. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it -- I had fun being the narrator!

Kirsten L. · Married on 09/07/2019

Personalized Ceremony with a True Professional

Elizabeth was so great to work with. From our first conversation with her, it was clear to us that she would be a great fit for making our day special and she did not disappoint! She really delivered a ceremony that represented my husband and me wonderfully. Her experience definitely helped us plan out every detail of our ceremony so that it went off without a hitch!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Kirsten, I'm so glad that you and Jeff were pleased with the ceremony! I enjoyed working with the two of you to create the perfect script and our collaboration paid off!

Jenny S. · Married on 08/24/2019

Wonderful officiant!

Elizabeth was available somewhat last minute after a friend was unable to officiate our wedding. She was very professional and had several great ideas to make our wedding ceremony special. We received a number of compliments from our wedding guests on her ceremony. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/08/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Thanks so much, Jenny! We didn't have much time to work with, but the ceremony turned out beautifully and the venue was perfect. I'm so glad to hear the positive feedback!
  • Aimee

Aimee F. · Married on 08/10/2019

Erudite, Posh & Kind: The Quintessential Officiant

Elizabeth is a consummate professional. She worked with us to develop a bespoke ceremony and was responsive & available via web conference to go through details. She also made the effort to come to a family event prior to the wedding to meet us & our families in person. You will not be disappointed. Elizabeth is incredibly well-spoken (lovely British accent), educated, worldly and kind - you will be very happy you chose her.

Sent on 09/10/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Aimee, I so enjoyed connecting via Zoom before the wedding -- it made "Trans-Atlantic planning" so much easier! I must also commend you for all the effort you put into the ceremony. It was a great collaborative effort!
  • Mustafa

Mustafa A. · Married on 07/06/2019

The perfect officiant for our wedding!

Elizabeth was a perfect choice for our wedding officiant. We were hoping to find an officiant who was able to create a personalized secular ceremony which also respected our families’ Christian and Muslim beliefs. Elizabeth did a wonderful job and truly exceeded our expectations (which were high to start with!). She impressed us right off the bat with her knowledge of religion and culture during our first conversation, so choosing her as our officiant was honestly an easy decision because we both felt so confident in her abilities right from the get-go. Through her detailed questionnaire, she was able to craft a highly personalized ceremony that we felt captured the essence of our 12-year relationship. We are so happy we chose Elizabeth and would highly recommend her to others as well!

Sent on 08/17/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Hi Mustafa: It was delightful working with the two of you. It's not often that I have the opportunity to officiate at the wedding of a couple who have been together as long as you have -- I so enjoyed learning your "story" and somehow packaging it to highlight key moments and experiences in your relationship, along with the inter-religious elements. Thanks for your thoughtful review!

Jacquelyn K. · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect Choice!

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne was the perfect choice for our special day! She had flexible options for all styles of ceremonies. We knew we were open to some humor in our ceremony and she delivered. I received many compliments on Dr. Elizabeth-Anne - from her tone to her lovely accent to her ability to making the ceremony funny and deep - she blew us away! Thank you!!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Hi Jacquelyn:
    Your wedding was fun, elegant and touchingly romantic. I was so happy to be part of the celebration! Considering the last minute change of venue, you worked miracles in terms of pulling everything together!
  • Kacie

Kacie · Married on 06/14/2019

So pleased with Dr Elizabeth as our officiant

We were looking for a wedding officiant that would provide a meaningful wedding ceremony for us, that wasn't particularly religious but included some personal rituals. Dr Elizabeth was exactly who we were looking for! She is fun and upbeat, and very experienced. The ceremony options and pricing was easy to understand. During planning, it was clear what we needed to do and by when, communicating with her over the phone and email (and in person) was straightforward, and she handled small hiccups on the big day with grace and humor. We were so glad to have her leading our ceremony and I'd highly recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Thanks, Kacie! Even bad weather and muddy terrain couldn't spoil the day! The Redfield Estate was a magnificent setting and the ceremony itself turned out beautifully! Much happiness to you and Jarrod!
  • Alexander

Alexander K. · Married on 05/26/2019

Very personal, touching ceremony

Elizabeth worked with us to make sure the ceremony was exactly how we wanted it - from going over the overall structure of the ceremony, giving us many different options for each part of the ceremony, reaching out to us to make any revisions or edits if we were uncomfortable with anything. We had an idea for a unique unity ceremony and Elizabeth was able to fit it into the ceremony seamlessly. On the wedding day she was there with us, going over the script, making sure we were comfortable, and even made a last-minute edit at our request for us to speak our vows to each other without microphones - it made the ceremony that much more intimate.

The ceremony itself went by smoothly, and Elizabeth's kind and warm voice was just great. We have been at other ceremonies where the officiant sounded almost like a TV announcer - you don't want that. We enjoyed it, and many of our guests came to us later to say they found it very touching.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Thanks so much, Alex. I'm so glad that you and Vesi were pleased with the ceremony. As for speaking to each other privately when you exchanged love statements, that worked out beautifully and I will present this as an option to other couples who may be uncomfortable sharing at a personal level in front of their guests. It was so good that the two of you were involved in creating the ceremony -- this is the kind of collaboration that makes for a great script!

Ryan D. · Married on 05/25/2019

Chicago Odyssey

Ms. Stewart was very professional and we very much enjoyed having her as our officiant. Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/26/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Thanks so much, Ryan! I so enjoyed meeting you and Natalie and being part of your wedding celebration on board the Odyssey! Thanks so much for inviting me to officiate!

Brian R. · Married on 05/18/2019

Wedding Officiant

Elizabeth was an exceptional choice as the officiant for our wedding. It was important for us to combine aspects of multiple faiths in our ceremony and she was able to do that while also keeping the ceremony on point and punctual. The customized readings and ability to modify the template ceremony to fit our needs was much appreciated. Thank you again!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Thanks so much, Brian! Your ceremony not only reflected both faith traditions, but also the two of you as a couple -- it was a joy to officiate!

Matt D. · Married on 05/10/2019

Professional and Personal

Elizabeth was a great officiant. She was very "us" focused rather than on herself and her own beliefs. She really let us have the ceremony we had dreamed of, and was flexible to change things based on our preferences. Her delivery of the ceremony the day of was clear and everyone loved it and we got lots of compliments.

Sent on 10/11/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

I'm so happy that you and Madi were pleased with the ceremony -- a wedding should always be about the couple, not the Officiant, so I appreciate your comments!

Mark K. · Married on 05/04/2019

Excellent, Easy to work with

Dr. EAS was fantastic and easy to work with. We recommend her and her poems!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Thank you, Mark! It is always a thrill to be able to read my original poetry during a wedding ceremony, so thank you for selecting my work as one of your readings! Much happiness to both of you!

Bobbi · Married on 02/27/2019

Professional, Compassionate, and Creative with ideas!

I would strongly recommend Elizabeth for your wedding service! She was very professional and open minded and offered many ideas and creativity to help along the way! Our day was wonderful, thanks to her!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Hi Bobbi Jo! It was delightful working with you and Felipe and I'm so glad that you are pleased with the ceremony! I was happy to be part of your "destination wedding"! Congrats again and much happiness to both of you!

John · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing, romantic, modern and timeless!

My husband and I are so grateful for Elizabeth!

She was very easy to work with, very responsive and kind. We worked together in person to create the "one of a kind" ceremony, which we made modern but also incorporated some traditional, romantic elements as well. She took her time to really get to know us as a couple, which really made the entire ceremony feel very personalized. She asked us many questions, and even sent us questioners! She brought class, romance, and structure to our ceremony. All our anxieties about the ceremony completely disappeared the second we met with her. She offered so many options and examples. We told her exactly what we wanted and she delivered. She even sent us a draft version and we made some minor changes that she really liked approved of!

All of our guests loved her soothing speaking voice! She even included fun historic facts about our venue that everyone loved, and also included some story telling about our engagement and how we first met. We have been to many weddings where the officiant has been a friend or family member that is very nervous. If you are looking to hire a professional to officiate your wedding, Elizabeth is the best! She is an author and a college professor, so naturally, she was very relaxed, directive and charming during our ceremony, which made us feel calm and happy. She even dressed in the black and white monochromatic color scheme as the rest of our wedding party!

The ceremony is the most important part of a wedding day! Thank you Elizabeth for doing such a beautiful job! You will always hold a special part in our hearts!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

John, it was a privilege to officiate at your wedding! The two of you are so very much in love, and that shone throughout the ceremony -- especially through your laughter and tears! Everyone was very moved -- as I was! I wish you every happiness!

Marielle · Married on 10/13/2018

Best wedding officiant

I wouldn’t recommend anyone besides Elizabeth! Her ceremonies are like nothing I have ever seen before! She is very efficient in responding right away, and such a joy to work with. All of my guests couldn’t stop talking about our ceremony and how beautiful and different it was. Thank you Elizabeth for making it such a memorable day!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Marielle,
    Thanks so much for your kind words!. Everything worked out -- little Benjamin was a star, the weather more or less obliged so we could hold the ceremony outdoors, and everyone had a great time, despite the bitter cold. Much happiness to the three of you!

Kristine B. · Married on 10/06/2018

The Best! So happy!

The absolute best! Couldn't be more accommodating. Very professional yet personable at the same time. Elizabeth provide us a beautiful ceremony that felt authentic to us as a couple. So grateful she was part of our special day!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Thanks, Kristine! I so enjoyed working with you and Tom to create a wedding that reflected the two of you in every way -- and I'm so glad the weather cooperated so we could hold the ceremony outside! Your venue was spectacular!

Alison · Married on 09/08/2018

We first "met" Dr. Stewart at a wedding she was officiating for a close friend. We really enjoyed her ceremony, and the detail she portrayed about the couple. We decided to hire her initially as a marriage coach. Dr. Stewart was a joy to work with and set the tone for our union. She is thoughtful, attentive, caring and offered useful advice/ insight that as a couple we value and will use indefinitely. One of the most valuable aspects of her coaching is that she tailors to your needs as a couple, giving you PROACTIVE ways to approach or solve things before they become an issue. She helps you think of things that may not have already come up between you and your significant other and how these may shape your relationship. There is no imposed agenda on her part, which allows the sessions to flow with your needs as a couple. Dr. Stewart's services laid a strong foundation for our union and communication. She emphasized learning to think as a "we" and putting each other first in our marriage. She is intuitive and modern in her thinking and offers "tools" one can use throughout their lives again and again. She is also very flexible with scheduling and takes great care and detail to get to know you two as individuals and as a couple. This is very important as her services are not one size fits all or generic, they are truly tailored to the people she works with. Her services are timeless and I foresee coming back to her throughout the years to continue to strengthen our marriage. After coaching, we decided to hire Dr. Stewart to officiate our civil ceremony. She again tailored our ceremony to our needs and gave it style and elevation through her eloquent expression of love in the context of what it meant to us.She helped us think of ways to include our family and have the ceremony resonate with our true selves. I give Dr. Stewart my highest recommendation as I think anyone would be pleased with her and the dedication she portrays in her work for her clients.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart's reply:

Alison, Thanks so much for all the effort and care you put into this review. It was an honor to serve as your marriage coach and then to officiate at your wedding. It made such a difference to know the two of you so well and to be able to craft a ceremony that worked for you and your guests!