Downtown Aquarium Reviews

Downtown Aquarium View more information

• User2991250 2+ years ago
    Beautiful venue and very easy to work with! Was unique and private from the rest of the aquarium, good service with very attentive staff on wedding day. Lots of space for dancing and eating!! Great views of downtown. Highly recommend it!
    Lucero Married on 08/09/2014
    Great place to have any kind of event, our wedding was magical thanks to everyone involved at the Aquarium, specially Ms Mary Alice our wedding coordinator. Very clean and elegant place. The food was delicious and warm to every guest (we believe that is very important), reasonable prices, they helped us with decoration ideas and made it smooth for the vendors to settle things there. We were really pleased about the service.
    Monica Married on 05/27/2011
    The minute I walked into the ballroom I fell in love. I told my husband this was the place I wanted our reception to be. The ballroom looks very elegant. A Mary Alice was such a wonderful coordinator. She took good care of me the day of my wedding. As from what family and friends tell me, the food was delicious! The view of downtown is beautiful! My photographer was able to take awesome pictures of us on the rides and near the tigers. I would recommend The Aqaurium to anyone who's getting married.
    Angie Married on 11/07/2009
    Loved it!!! This place was absoultely amazing, and Mary Alice was wonderful to work with. I half-heartedly booked an appointment to view this venue (I guess I was thinking it would be too kid-oriented) but the moment I got off the elevator and saw the ballroom, I fell in love. I looked EVERYWHERE in Houston for a reception venue and had not found anything I liked. The second I walked off the elevator into the third floor lobby, I knew this was it. The ballroom is gorgeous, there is a view of downtown, and the grounds furnish a unique and beautiful backdrop for your wedding day (or night) pictures. We barely needed any decorations. Also, the price was very reasonable. Although I could barely eat that night (busy and nervous!), I am still hearing from guests how amazing the food was. And Mary Alice was a wonderful coordinator. I called her on my way from the salon to the ceremony, and she told me all the vendors were set up and ready. I wasn't worried at all about anything at the reception going wrong. And she was very detail-oriented and prepared up to the day of the wedding. I am just hoping one of my friends have a wedding here so I can return (and get a chance to eat this time!)
    Melanie Married on 08/23/2008
    The best venue ever, they treated you like family and since the day we booked it the constantly made sure we had everything the way we need it. They day of they became the best wedding planners ever. Thanks to them everything was set up perfectly and the Manager Mary Alice was the nicest most caring person to work with. To all the future brides: wedding can be stressful but if you get married at the Downtown Aquarium the day off will be a breeze thanks to the staff there.
    Brittney Married on 07/12/2008
    Loved working with their events manager! Still hear amazing things about our reception, 2 years later!
    Kelsey Married on 03/24/2012
    The Nautilus Ballroom at the Downtown Aquarium is just stunning. We had both our ceremony and reception there (in separate spaces) - it was perfect for our small wedding. All of our photos were so incredible because of how unique and beautiful this venue is. We hardly needed any additional decorations. The food was delicious. It was such a fun and relaxed atmosphere for everyone. Mary Alice was helpful and the staff was friendly. However, I was under the impression that everything would be a bit more organized - there were a couple of times when guests were able to enter an area when they weren't supposed to. Despite these minor issues, I would definitely recommend the Downtown Aquarium to anyone - it's elegant, fun, and totally unique!
    Cindy Married on 01/22/2005
    This was a picture perfect venue! The food was great! The wedding coordinator was very professional and courteous. The only problem was a lack of organization over seating arrangements for close family and the bridal party...but, in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a big deal. I would definitely recommend this location to anyone having a wedding in downtown Houston!
  • User1923727 2+ years ago
    It was a beautiful Venue, there's no fish tank in the ballroom, but you can pay extra for a private exhibition to see the aquarium. The person in charge of the venue was very nice, but she made some mistake so make sure you check your numbers very carefully, other than that it was awesome. Most guest said it was a very enjoyable wedding and they had lots of fun.
    Sara Married on 09/27/2008
    With the limited of time, they did a great job. I would recommend a wedding planner on coordinating your special event.
    Barbara Married on 09/16/2017
    The service was awful! It took forever to get a table even thought not many people there and over 15 minutes to get a to go box! I won't be going back.
    Blade Married on 04/19/2014
    The surprise was ruined! I proposed at the Downtown aquarium 4/19/14 and was supposed to be a surprise proposal for my now fiancé and was my dream because i watched many online proposal videos at aquariums around the world and thought this one would be the same but the waiter left a receipt on the table at the BEGINNING of the dinner that said "proposal dive" that my fiancé had seen without anyone noticing because i didn't even see him do it and ruined the surprise but not only that, our reservation was for 11:00a.m. but couldn't even get in until 11:30 when they were done cleaning upstairs and the divers were scheduled to come out at 12:10p.m. and when i asked the manager to postpone the divers because we barely ordered, they couldn't do it for but 10 minutes because they were on a busy schedule which i understand but i am PROPOSING? (am i wrong for wanting this to be perfect?) AND, when the divers came out to show her the proposal sign, they didn't even give me time to get out of my seat and get in front of them to propose before they flipped the sign over or for my photographer friend to get any good pictures... it all happened sooooo fast... I paid 460+ dollars for this occasion for 2 people and the diver and i brought 5 other people with me that spend a pretty penny as well. The Aquarium is always a nice place to visit but booking a proposal here is out of the question... They were really great and called to reassure your attendance multiple times but when the event is happening noone gives a flying fadoodle... i even taped my engagement ring box to my hairy legs to make this surprise happen just to be ruined by a silly careless mistake that ruined my big moment...