Downtime Band Reviews

49 | Saint Louis, MO

49 Reviews for Downtime Band

Rebecca · Married on 12/29/2012

This was by far one of the best decisions my husband and I made. We had many compliments on the talent of the band, and the wonderful dancing music they played. They made the reception fun, and kept it going all night long. Our dance floor was always packed-and we had a big dance floor!

The band was wonderful and easy to work with. They had a website for us to sign onto to help plan the night as we figured out what times we wanted for toasts, dinner, first dance, etc. and the songs we wanted. They also learned two new songs for us, and helped me surprise my dad with a polka for our father-daughter dance.

Sent on 01/21/2013

Rachel · Married on 12/15/2012

There are not enough adjectives to describe the awesomeness of SLAM, but I will try:
    energizing, full of life, highlight of the party, talented, warm, and the list goes on.
    SLAM made the reception a wonderful party, full of fun and music and they are extremely talented. Everyone loved them and they were one of our best choices in terms of vendors. I even told them they should charge more money (after our wedding, of course)- they are well worth twice the reasonable amount they charge. In my opinion, they will become the best and most booked wedding band in St. Louis, with the right amount of PR.

Sent on 12/16/2012

They were awesome!!! i loved every song that they played and so did other people. I had a lot of compliments on them.

Sent on 11/15/2012

Christina · Married on 09/08/2012

Downtime Band is absolutely fantastic. I would hire them in a heartbeat. Had our guests (ranging in age from 2-88) dancing all night long. Everyone had a blast dancing and they kept the party going - no one wanted to leave. Guests have commented since that the band was awesome. YOu can't go wrong with Downtime Productions, John Spindler, and the Downtime Band. Top notch service and outstanding performers. Can't say enough great things about them. Now I just need an excuse to hire them again.

Sent on 09/20/2012

Rachel · Married on 08/04/2012

This is an Amazing Band! They played the whole reception and every song was better than the next. They are amazing to work with and very accomidating. We took the opportunity to upgrade to their larger band Push The Limit, it was worth every penny.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Christine · Married on 07/28/2012

Excellent to work with. Great variety of music, and very fun! Everybody loved them!

Sent on 01/30/2013

Sara · Married on 07/14/2012

They really did a great job. The reason why we chose them is that they did a lot of songs, had a lot of price options, and we heard them and they were great. I really recommend them, and the manager is very responsive to emails which helps a lot as you are planning.

Sent on 08/30/2012

I don't think I could do justice in words just how fantastic Downtime Band was in the planning and performance for our wedding reception. The planning and coordination with the band was professional and personal. The Band made the reception unforgettable! We had several special requests and Downtime Band was flexible and accommodating to everything! The dance floor was packed the entire evening and we received continuos feedback from the guests that the band was incredible! I can't thank them enough for making one of the most important days of my life even more memorable!

Sent on 07/15/2012

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2012

I can't express how awesome this band is! Downtime seriously exceeded all of my expectations. They weren't just good - they really customized everything the way that we wanted and the music they played kept the party going all night. So many of my guests said that they are the best band they have ever heard at a wedding! They definitely contributed to making our day even more special than we expected!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Megan · Married on 06/09/2012

The X Band played at our wedding and was fantastic. We had already scheduled a DJ and then later on booked the X Band. They did a great job working with us through the process and working with the DJ at the reception. Our only regret is that we didn't have more time for the band. They played everything we asked and sounded excellent. Highly recommended

Sent on 06/19/2012

Kate · Married on 05/27/2012

Above and beyond! Jon & the band truly made our reception memorable for us and for our guests. We had compliments all night (and continue to receive them!) about how great the music was - the selection, the energy and the performance. Working with Jon leading up to the wedding was seamless. He delivered on everything he promised (and so much more!). Jon is quick to respond to any request and made me feel as if I was the only bride he was working with - solid attention all the way. The band was incredible - every song they learned for us, especially our first dance and the father/daughter dance was spot on - just perfect. They played every song as if it was the first song of the night - with energy, excitement and fun. We felt as if they were having as much fun as we were! If you want your guests to have a blast at your event, you cannot go wrong by hiring this talented, FUN group!

Sent on 06/17/2012

Ben · Married on 05/05/2012

Downtime was incredible! They set the mood for the evening and our friends and family are still talking about how good they were.

Sent on 06/18/2012

Brooke · Married on 04/28/2012

Downtime did a phenomenal job at our wedding! They were exactly what I was looking for in a live band including professional appearance, high energy and a great selection of songs. EVERYONE loved them! We are continuously getting compliments about how great they were and how much everyone enjoyed them. Some of the best memories of the day was seeing friends and family having such a great time on the dance floor! I was extremely satisfied with how easy they were to work with and their performance!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Mary · Married on 04/27/2012

Downtime was a class act from the first phone call to ask if they would be willing to travel to MN. They were the highlight of the reception. The guests loved them and their interaction with the guests was so fun.
    We first heard of them when they played at our son't wedding in Decatur IL, and when my daughter got engaged the first question asked of us was "Do you think we could get Downtime?" YES we did!!! And we would get them again if we get the opportunity.

Sent on 05/02/2012

Rebecca · Married on 04/21/2012

Downtime was the BEST wedding decision I made! They can play just about anything and if they don't know it, they can learn it! We asked them to learn our first dance song and during the dance, my husband asked "Is this the recording??" - they did such a fantastic job learning the song that it sounded just like the artist! PHENOMENAL! Jon was a treat to work with. He was always following up on emails and any questions I had - perfect to work with during all the crazy wedding planning. Money well spent!

Sent on 05/05/2012

Barbara · Married on 09/24/2011

Downtime was the absolute best band we could have had for our wedding. Our guests had a blast, the music was outstanding, and people still talk about the band ... and we got married nine months ago! And, not to mention, Downtime is great to work with leading up to the big day!

Sent on 05/25/2012

Jill · Married on 09/17/2011

Downtime Band was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. They were so lively, fun, and energetic - I'm pretty sure every single wedding guest was out on the dance floor! We featured a pianist at our wedding ceremony, who was awesome, and then the full band at the reception. We received so many compliments on the music - we were certainly pleased! Music definitely makes or breaks a reception, and in our case, Downtime definitely made our wedding day special!

Sent on 05/15/2012

Maggie · Married on 07/02/2011

Downtime Productions played at our July wedding in Missouri. They were the best money spent BY FAR that night. They were professional, well-priced and so fun. The reception can drag without great entertainment and Downtime had EVERYONE on their feet! They played a wonderful array of music, kept the energy up and really made the party a blast. I would hire them again in a heartbeat! Best decision I made as far as vendors for my wedding. Thanks Downtime, you made my wedding memories perfect.

Sent on 05/08/2012

T · Married on 07/03/2010

Let me start by saying my husband was the one who initially wanted a band for our reception, so I was very skeptical of booking a band regardless of how awesome they sounded, how great their website was or great the reviews were. From my initial contact with Jon (manager and band member) to the final song they played at our reception, I could not have been more pleased with our decision to use them. All of my questions, whether email or phone, were answered promptly and thoroughly. As a vendor they were professional, organized, and very easy to work with. As a band, they were absolutely phenomenal. Our reception dance floor was packed from the moment our first dances were done up until they wrapped up the final song of the night. I saw guests ranging from 3 years old to their 80’s dancing the night away. I have no complaint and highly recommend them, it felt like every guest at our wedding raved about the band and many were asking how we found them, etc.

Sent on 07/08/2010

James · Married on 10/10/2009

I was happy, but not excited, to book Downtime. That was my mistake, I should have been ecstatic because they were awesome! Not cliche awesome, but really awesome.
    Having Downtime perform truly made our reception, we received countless complements about how fantastic they were. Our guests obviously thoroughly enjoyed them, from the 2 year old ring bearer to our 87 year old aunt (both of whom were on the dance floor for at least two hours).
    Dave did a great job MCing our event, he kept things moving along with no inane and pointless chatter. We threw a couple curve balls at the last minute regarding wedding party introductions and he handled it perfectly.
    Jon was extremely professional and really easy to work with. From the first phone call to the last drum that was packed up after the reception he was always very helpful and responsive.
    If your considering hiring a band for you wedding do it, and make sure Downtime is on your short list.

Sent on 10/30/2009
  • I

Rachel · Married on 04/12/2008

I knew we had found a good band, but I was delighted to find Downtime better then even my best expectations! It gave the whole evening a very elegant feel and you really did take care of everything during the reception, I didn’t have a single worry. Everyone loved it, the dance floor was always filled, and I kept getting asked all night how we had managed to find you. Having a live band perform, and in particular Downtime…really made the difference. We can’t thank you enough!

Sent on 04/27/2008

Blake · Married on 10/07/2017

We absolutely LOVED having Downtime Band at our wedding. Not kidding - weeks after the event, I still have wedding guests talking about how much fun they had because of the incredible band performance. Everyone, young and old, was easily able to have a great time. Definitely book this band if you are looking for all of your guests to have a blast!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Kara · Married on 11/19/2011

Downtime provided the music for my wedding reception. My biggest concern was that my friends (around age 22) would not be used to live music and wouldn't dance. However, the band was so awesome that the dance floor was packed with people of all ages. The more classic songs and less rap and contemporary songs made my parents friends feel comfortable dancing. The band was great and had a ton of energy. They were also very accommodating to our schedule and realized that it was our day and we were in charge. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/08/2011

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2012

3.6
      2.5
      3.5
      2.5

Downtime Band had so much energy that it filled the room. They were very flexible in letting us decide the entire music set, and really made the evening lively and entertaining.

Sent on 11/11/2012