DownStage Live Reviews

DownStage Live 3
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Goodknight · Married on 06/15/2019

HCCC Patio Party 2019

Down Stage Live was awesome.
    Made for a successful 2019 party

Sent on 06/17/2019

Greg Mann · Married on 01/10/2019

Excellent!

We used Down Stage Live for our New Year's Eve party at the Galt House. From start to finish they were a pleasure to work with. They are true entertainers and all of our guest raved about how good they were. We hope to use their services again in the future.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Donna K Gillman · Married on 12/10/2018

Xmas Employee Party 2018

What a great choice!! This band sounds excellent. From the first initial emails I was impressed with the response time , the friendliness, and professionalism and they dress to kill in semi formal attire. They are so flexible and willing to change at a moments notice. They called several times to finalize the agenda that night.
    Shannon , the lead singer, is fabulous to work with. If you want your guests out on the dance floor , she is the one who can do it.
    I can highly recommend Down Stage live!!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Deidre Werner · Married on 12/08/2018

Awesome Band!

All the band members were very nice and easy to work with! We even changed our evening timeline at the last minute and they went with the flow! They kept our company holiday party bumpin' all night with songs that kept people on the dance floor! Everyone had a great time! We would definitely recommend them for any event!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Jenny · Married on 12/01/2018

Thaks for "rocking the party"!

"You guys were so good! Everybody keeps raving about what a great band we had at the birthday party. John as well was so helpful and made things super easy for me leading up to the big day, so thank you! I would recommend you to anyone!" Thanks again for rocking the party :)

Sent on 12/03/2018

Kayla · Married on 12/01/2018

Fantastic Experience

We are so happy we chose DownStage Live for our party. They kept the crowd engaged and lively. They were incredible to listen to and so much fun to dance to the music. The members are very friendly and accommodating. They exceeded our expectations by far.

Sent on 07/31/2019

Jessica · Married on 09/08/2018

Hiring Downstage Live for our wedding was the best decision we made!! They engaged our guests and kept the dance floor packed!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Jessica · Married on 12/16/2017

Amazing! We had a crowd of about 400 and they get the party rocking.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Kat · Married on 12/09/2017

LOVED DownStage Live! They played my mom's surprise 60th birthday party, and everybody danced all night! I would definitely hire them again!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Phyllis · Married on 10/07/2017

Not only does DownStage Live have a great sound, they are great to work with! From the beginning, I was comfortable working with them; they are flexible and accommodating and above all, professional. I enjoyed the business end of the evening as much as the reception guests enjoyed their music. DownStage Live kept the dance floor full the entire evening. I would recommend them to any bride or planner looking for an awesome band.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Allie · Married on 10/07/2017

DownStage Live was absolutely amazing at our wedding! We unfortunately never got to have a meeting together before hand because they are over an hour away from us, so we did everything through email and over the phone, and everything turned out perfect! I couldn't be more happy with how everything turned out and would recommend DownStage Live to anyone looking for an awesome band and great band members to play at their special event!!

Sent on 11/18/2017
    DownStage Live 5
    DownStage Live 6

Elizabeth · Married on 09/30/2017

DownStage Live was amazing! I booked them for my wedding after hearing about them through another band. John and Shannon met with my fiance and me to go over the entire evening's plans in detail. They were very prepared and offered insightful suggestions and advice based on their wedding experiences. The dance floor was lively the entire night of the wedding. They did a few "games" that allowed our guests to participate in the dancing, not just sway around the dance floor. They helped make the night truly wonderful, and I am so happy we booked them!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Loren · Married on 09/23/2017

I can not say enough about John, Shannon, and all of DownStage Live! Not only did they rock out at our wedding reception and make the night great, they were so easy to communicate with and very responsive leading up to the big night! I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a band for their event!

Sent on 09/24/2017

DownStage Live's reply:

Loren - thanks again for having us at your reception.. it was a blast!!!!

Kayla · Married on 09/16/2017

DownStage Live was the classiest vendor choice I made for my entire wedding! The entertainment was phenomenal. As the bride, I left the dance floor ONCE for a drink, but soon came running back. The music was so FUN! Song selection was painless and they truly formed their show around US. The emcee was extremely classy and I received so many compliments on her throughout the night. The entire evening was smooth for my husband and I. My husband is a musician himself and was VERY impressed by the talent everyone had. They were so personable and I truly cannot say enough. THANK YOU DownStage Live for being even more than we expected!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Kathy · Married on 08/05/2017

Oh what a band! They are truly amazing.... If you need a band look no further then Down Stage Live. The band's singers and musicians are fabulously wonderful and professional. We are so glad we hired them! Check out their facebook page - they even took pics of our party. Thanks for the great time and memories.

Sent on 08/06/2017

Kathy what a night - thanks so much!!!1

Katherine · Married on 05/20/2017

If you are deciding on entertainment for your wedding, look no further! DownStage Live was awesome to work with, high energy and high quality entertainment. We would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to "up their wedding game!"

Sent on 05/30/2017

Sara · Married on 10/14/2016

DownStage Live was an awesome band for our wedding and reception. They even learned a new song for us in less than 2 weeks. They rolled with all of our requests, even allowing some of our guests to sing one of their own songs for us. Everyone at the party had an incredible time. John was so easy to work with and I would certainly have them again if I were to do it all over again. You won't go wrong with this band!

Sent on 10/18/2016

WOW! This band rocked! They played everything from old to new to dance to rock. They even got my Grandad out to dance. I especially liked that the girl singing let my two little nieces get up and sing a song with her. They kept my friends an family dancing all night. They are a little bit pricy but well worth it in my opinion!!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Ashley · Married on 04/16/2016

Amazing people, amazing band, amazing time! Downstage Live was so easy to work with and I did not worry about one thing! They showed up and took care of everything! Our dance floor was full all night and that was all we ever wanted! Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/04/2016

DownStage Live's reply:

Your wedding was fantastic.. Thanks again for letting us be a part of your special day!!!

Julianne · Married on 03/19/2016

Downstage Live is all you want from a wedding band. They dedicated plenty of time to work ahead of time with us as we thoroughly went through all our music and entertainment expectations for our wedding. Their professionalism is impressive and we immediately knew that we could count with them for everything to go smoothly on our wedding day. And it did! Downstage Live was set up and ready way ahead of time. Their set up was beautiful and their professional look was impeccable. They followed the schedule perfectly, keeping things on track and running smoothly. The music was amazing. They played non stop for almost two and a half hour keeping the dance floor packed at all times. They had a song for everybody, and they sounded great.
    We couldn't be happier with our band choice.
    Downstage Live will make everything about you, as it should be on your wedding day.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Lesley · Married on 03/12/2016

We had DownStage Live play for our annual school fundraiser and they were fantastic! The songs they played were exactly what we were looking for to keep guests dancing and entertained the entire night. As an organizer of the event, I will also say they could not have been easier to work...we really appreciated how great you guys were and we look forward to having you play again in the future!

Sent on 03/22/2016

DownStage Live's reply:

Thanks again Leslie - it was our pleasure to support the Anchorage School fundraiser.

Tricia · Married on 10/10/2015

DownStageLive was a great band to work with. They were friendly in our first meeting, and worked with us to make our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be. At the event, they were also great - high energy and great music. I received so many compliments!

Sent on 11/08/2015

This band really made our reception. They offered DJ service to keep our reception moving, they played our song list that we prepared during dinner and then rocked the reception with the live band. Well worth the investment, have had a lot of comments about how fun our reception was. I highly recommend them, they will get your guests involved and out dancing.

Sent on 11/03/2015

I HIGHLY recommend Downstage Live! I live out of state and, with my brothers, planned a 50th Anniversary Surprise Dinner and Dancing evening for our parents at Harmony Landing Country Club in August. I worked with a booking agent in Louisville to find a band. Although it was a top company, they were slow to respond and had a cumbersome website. When I found Downstage Live, without the agent's help, it was a breath of fresh air. John answered on my first call. He was incredibly responsive and very fast regardless of email or phone communication. He was organized and immediately got me a contract. He was the only vendor who gave me a contract for our event...photographer, caterer, and wedding cake never gave us a contract or even an itemized invoice. The contract made our planning so helpful because it gave specs on what they need as well as times for set up, performance and cost. Incredibly professional. In both the initial conversation and planning process, John really wanted their performance to meet our needs and wishes. In the selection of songs, special dance requests and timing, he was very thoughtful and engaged. Downstage Live is far more than your typical band, they want to meet your event's special needs. On the day of the event, they were on time and early in set up. They let us use their microphone and sound system for our toasts and arrived to the dance floor beautifully donning matching suits and ties with Shannon in a sparkling evening gown. Some bands make themselves the center of attention, not Downstage Live. They make the event look good, feel good and focus the attention on the honorees, in this case, the bride and groom of 50 years. Their music was outstanding. I was amazed at their range of cover songs. Their renditions were spot on. Their 5 musicians allows for more variety in their production. From 2-80, all ages enjoyed dancing and singing along! Hire them today. You won't find a better band in Louisville with their service and affordability.

Sent on 11/08/2015