72 Reviews for Downingtown Country Club

Chair Covers (1)
Photobooth (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)
72 Downingtown Country Club Reviews

We had our wedding at Downingtown Country Club in March and we just could NOT be any happier with how it turned out. It was in the middle of a snow storm and we still can't get over how perfectly everything went! We worked with Sharon and she was very easy to get in touch with, very organized, enthusiastic, and just so nice! They were very flexible with the weather, we had the option of doing the ceremony inside or outside - until the weather decided for us! - and we had the option of using the beautiful patio area if weather permitted. Even though the weather wasn't great they made everything work and could accommodate the last minute changes seamlessly. I would definitely use them again for future events. The food was incredible and everyone had a great time!

Profile Picture Danielle, 3/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Downingtown Country Club is the absolute best place to have a wedding. We were told by almost all 200 people at our wedding that it was best time they have ever had the wedding and it was all thanks to Sharron, Carrie, and Joe at Downingtown. Downingtown had a special way of making us feel like we were the only couple in the world getting married that year. Everything was executed perfectly on our wedding day by the staff and communication was on point throughout the entire process. The ballroom was decorated perfectly and the beautiful grounds make it a wonderland for picture taking. We loved having our reception at Downingtown and you will too!

Profile Picture Pat, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation

We had our wedding at Downingtown this past October. I was very particular in how I wanted everything and had a vision for how my wedding would be and Downingtown worked with me very step of the way. The end result was so perfect. Merry, Sheron, and Joe were incredible from start to finish. We've heard only the best about the food and service from our friends and family. Thanks to Downingtown for bringing our dream wedding to life!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Downingtown Country Club was a fantastic location for our reception. We worked with both Kerry (who went out on maternity leave) and Sharon. Both were incredibly helpful. Their staff is great! And the food is delicious. They went above and beyond to make our day perfect. - Megan

Profile Picture Megan, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

we had our wedding on St. Patrick's Day 2017.. The staff and the food were awesome and very accommodating. Best place for a wedding.. :)

Profile Picture Janice, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Downingtown Country Club was the best choice for our reception! They were so quick to respond to emails, were always there when we had questions. Kerry Connors and Sharon Hegney are seriously angels on earth!! They are the sweetest, most helpful people you could have when planning a wedding. They were willing to work with us to create our own fairytale wedding. Food was amazing, service was top notch. Definitely a 10/10 in our eyes! Would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding! Great picture ops too!

Profile Picture Brandi, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have asked for more perfect wedding!! My husband and I fell in love with the venue and staff at Downingtown Country Club right away! The staff went above and beyond for us and I can't even begin to tell you how truly amazing they were on our wedding day! From the minute they greeted us until walking out after reception, we were so impressed! A special thank you to Kerry, Sharon, Chef Brad, Jon, Paul and the whole team! My wedding day was every brides dream because of DCC! I was so relaxed and worry free, everyone was on top of EVERYHING! It was everything we asked for and envisioned! We are still getting compliments from family & friends! The food was delicious too!! We HIGHLY recommend DCC! Kelsey & Kevin

Profile Picture Kelsey, 6/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for a better experience for our wedding! From the moment we decided to choose Downingtown Country Club we were welcomed into the DCC family! Everyone is extremely professional and friendly! On our wedding day, I didn't have to worry about a thing! Everyone eased my nerves and took care of things before I asked! The food was amazing and my family and friends can't stop talking about the amazing time they had! I would highly recommend DCC to anyone!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I can't thank Kerry and Sharon enough for all of their help and hard work! They made our wedding day a breeze and helped me with the planning process all along the way! The husband and I couldn't have dreamed up a better wedding!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Set Up

Absolutely great place for a wedding! Even though it poured rain throughout the day, Kerry made sure the inside area for the wedding was beautiful. The food was delicious - great crab cake station for cocktail hour and the filet mignon dinner was excellent. The space easily accommodated our 182 guests, including children. We had plenty of room for dancing - our band sounded amazing in the ballroom. We opted to extend the wedding for an additional hour and it was well worth it. Everyone had a blast. Thank you Kerry and the DCC team.

Profile Picture Linda, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We knew immediately at our first visit that the Downingtown Country Club would be the perfect venue for our wedding. Kerry and her team are incredible! Kerry was wonderfully organized, thorough, and supportive every step of the way. She was more than happy to accommodate our budget and created an amazing wedding package for us. She never said no to our ideas, even the weird ones, and she helped make them even better than we imagined. She even lent us some of her own vintage books to use with our book theme. Choosing Downingtown Country Club took away a lot of planning stress. We loved that they have a large bridal suite AND a groom locker room, so getting ready was very easy for the whole wedding party. We went with their preferred vendors and loved them all. The food, space, and atmosphere were all so perfect.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 4/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the very first moment my soon to be then husband and I walked in the doors of the country club we knew that it was the place we wanted to be married. Our wedding date was march 25, 2017. Kerry Conners and her amazing wedding team were with us for almost an entire year helping to plan every little detail, guiding us along the way of what steps to take next and how to prepare. She made us feel so comfortable, and like our wedding date was the only one she was planning (however she had multiple ones each weekend), as a soon to be bride it was the attention I needed from our coordinator and I couldn't of asked for a better one! Our big day had finally arrived us girls got ready in the large bridal suite, and the guys in the golf club locker room. They greeted us the moment we got there and made sure we were comefortable and relaxed and didn't need anything up until the ceremony started. Once things got started Kerry and her team kept us on track, and made things go so smoothly, I wish to relive the day of our wedding as it goes by so quickly! My husband and myself couldn't have asked for a better team to make our wedding day, the downingtown country club is beautiful, and Kerry is FANTASTIC at what she does. We are so greatful for the entire team!
With love, Colbie & Jacob Mowday

Profile Picture Colbie, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Once we met with Kerry we knew that Downingtown Country Club was the perfect place for our wedding. Kerry was so amazing and made our wedding perfect! We couldn't have done it without out her. She was always there when you needed help making any decision and would always give you the best advice and never steer you wrong. Kerry did whatever it took to make sure our wedding was the best day of our life and she surpassed all of my expectations. Downingtown Country Club is the best place to get married, from the venue its self to the incredible views and knowing Kerry is always there to help even after your wedding day!

Profile Picture User7102590, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Book it ASAP! I booked DCC with Kerry the day I visited and I am SO happy I did. I couldn't have been any happier. The food, the service, the atmosphere, the staff - everything was perfect. Kerry was absolutely amazing; I felt like every time we met to talk details, I was meeting with a friend. The service and professionalism doesn't get much better. She's' a perfectionist and made my entire vision for my wedding come to life! I can't say enough great things!

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Indoor, Shuttle, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables

You get a remarkable return on your investment, because Kerry does her absolute best to make sure that your budget goes a long way. Kerry is a blessing to all couples looking to have their reception at Downingtown as she has a great personality and has clearly had a lot of experience (she thinks of everything). We planned our wedding from out of state (we live in the DC area) and she was always able to accommodate our work and travel schedules.

Profile Picture User7442940, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used the Downingtown Country Club for our reception and we had nothing but superior service from day one. Kerry has an impeccable attention to detail and the facilities and recommended external vendors were also amazing. We got far more perks for the price compared to the many other venues we looked at, and we looked at a lot! Kerry was also very flexible with our options and even provided a Caribbean rum we requested, and of course Sam Adams. The food was also great! Great food, facilities, drinks and customer service: what more could we ask for! #M&M #Mr.Moombastic!

Profile Picture User7502456, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kerry, wedding specialist at the Downingtown Country Club, went over and beyond in ensuring that our wedding day was memorable. Not only did she ensure that everything went smooth, but she offered worthwhile ideas during the planning phases. Some of Kerry’s strong attributes include: meticulousness, professionalism and resounding excellence. My wife and I would definitely recommend her and the Downingtown Country Club to anyone.

Profile Picture maxwell, 11/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We got married at Downingtown Country Club on October 29, 2016. From the time we booked in July 2015 until the end of our wedding reception, the people of DCC were AMAZING to work with. We were given so many add-ons for free when we booked! The ceremony space is absolutely gorgeous, and the food and service at the reception were the subject of many compliments.

Most importantly to us, this venue was extremely accessible for my father-in-law, who is in a powerchair. He was able to move about freely and enjoy himself, which meant everything to us.

Wedding specialist Kerry Connors is worth every cent of the very reasonable deposit. She is kind, friendly, attentive, responsive, and extremely accommodating.

We cannot more enthusiastically recommend DCC!

Profile Picture Lauren , 10/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Downingtown was amazing all thanks to Kerry, she is great at what she does, her attention to detail made our day perfect! Thank you to Kerry and to the amazing staff at Downingtown Country Club

- Jaclyn & Joe Burke

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kerry and her team are the absolute best out there!

Profile Picture User7497883, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I honestly wish I could give Kerry and the entire staff at DCC a 10 out of 5 rating. They were absolutely amazing and gave my husband and I the best night of our lives!! We visited several places before choosing Downingtown and always felt like a number. From the first time we walked in, we both knew DCC was where we wanted to get married and every interaction afterwards solidified that feeling. Not only were we so much more than a number at DCC, they treated us like family. Kerry made us feel like king and queen every time we walked into the building - you would never be able to tell that she had so many other weddings to think about before ours! The entire staff goes above and beyond in everything they do.
As for the day of, the food was delicious, served hot and on time. Guests went out of their way to tell us the food was perfect. Kerry helped us to create a timeline before the wedding and was there throughout the whole thing to make sure we stuck to it. It was a very stress free day for my husband and I. DCC took care of everything.
We can't thank them enough for a night that will never be forgotten. I have no idea what our wedding would have turned out to be if it weren't for Kerry and DCC.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Profile Picture Brianna, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was the lucky Groom at a lovely Sunday Champagne Brunch Wedding held recently at Downingtown Country Club. I was very happy with how our event turned out. Kerry and John were terrific, the wait staff was fantastic and I got to marry the woman of my dreams, surrounded by family. No complaints here.

Profile Picture Keith, 7/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We had an amazing wedding day! Downingtown Country Club was the perfect venue for our wedding. The new ceremony area was absolutely beautiful. The stones & waterfall provided a perfect back ground for our family photos.The cocktail area was big enough to fit all out guests (165) & the kids were able to play on the grass area. The reception room was also a perfect size & beautifully set up by the staff. The food received rave reviews from our guests as well. Everything was perfect!

As most newly engaged couples already know, the planning process is the longest & most time consuming aspect of a wedding. Picking the right person to plan with at your chosen venue will make a HUGE difference during this process. Kerry Connors at Downingtown was so easy to work with & really made it fun. She responded to emails quickly & was always flexible with setting appointments. During the wedding, she was available for us at all times & checked in with us throughout the day. She also helped with our family members, including the younger kids, to keep everyone happy & under control. Kerry really went the extra mile to make our wedding day perfect!

I would 100% recommend Downingtown Country Club & Kerry Connors!

Profile Picture User6917034, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Photobooth, Tables

I truly have nothing but good things to say about this venue. And I would highly recommend it to any couple in the area.
I booked the venue in February of 2015, shortly before it came under new ownership. I loved it then but ever since new ownership came in it has gotten even better! The ceremony space has been updated to include a pergola and a waterfall. It's truly one of a kind and beautiful.
Kerry took copious notes to ensure that everything and anything I had asked for she remembered. She remembered things even I forgot!
My wedding coordinator was Kerry Connors and, honestly, she is a wedding angel! Like any bride, I got stressed out a few times leading up to the wedding but after any meeting with Kerry, I was instantly much calmer. She worked with me and really create the perfect day.
The day of the wedding was a blur. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate as it should have! It was cold and rainy even though the wedding was April 29. It has always been a dream for me to have my wedding outside, and Kerry knew this. So she did everything in her power for the wedding to remain outside. The rain held off and we were able to get married outside!!
I also, unfortunately, came down with a stomach virus the day of the wedding. Needless to say, I was not feeling up to par at all. Kerry was quick to assist me. She even offered to run out herself and get medicine.
Every single staff member I came into contact with was nothing but kind, professional, and accommodating.
Not only is Kerry professional and absolutely amazing at her job (I would say the best in the business), but she is a real sweetheart, too. My grandmother died leading up to the wedding which, as the date got closer, made things very emotional. She was quick to offer a hug and a kind word.
Honestly, if you want a stress free wedding this is the place to book! I would recommend this venue over and over!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/29/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings