Downingtown Country Club Reviews

82 Reviews for Downingtown Country Club

82 Downingtown Country Club Reviews
  • Candice

Candice · Married on 09/08/2018

I don’t even know where to begin with the Downingtown Country Club. First of all, the most obvious thing is its beautiful location and grounds. It makes for such a perfect setting for a wedding, both inside and outside. Christina and Kerry were wonderful to work with throughout our entire engagement and leading up to the wedding. They answered any question we had at any point and always made us feel comfortable and calm. They were also so accommodating with any crazy idea or decoration I had in my head throughout the whole process and set it all up exactly how I wanted it.
    For our wedding on September 8th, things got a little hectic on my end, but only because the weather was uncooperative – no two weather reports were the same that morning, one calling for rain during the ceremony and another for nothing until later in the evening. Two hours before the scheduled ceremony time, Christina asked me to make the final decision, and we moved the ceremony inside and the entire staff worked miracles to get the entire thing set-up in such a short time. And I really mean that it looked like they pulled every single person who was working at the country club that day to make sure it was perfect before the first guest arrived. My personal attendant Downingtown provided, Leigh Ann, was just beyond amazing. I didn’t have a chance to want anything because she had it for me before I even realized I needed it, including food, drinks, and more. She went around with us for the pictures to make sure my dress looked perfect in every shot, and even got down on her hands and knees to wash some of the mud that had gotten on my dress while doing the outside photos. I really can’t express my gratitude for everything she did for myself, my now-husband, my wedding party, and even my parents.
    The food at Downingtown was spectacular, and all my guests raved about it (and continue to two weeks later). The entire atmosphere and the wedding itself was just perfect. It was everything I could have

Downingtown Country Club 3
    Downingtown Country Club 4
    Downingtown Country Club 5

Kim · Married on 09/08/2018

Last year before setting a date for our wedding we began looking at venues in the greater Philadelphia Area, the majority of them being country clubs but a few other types of venues as well. We looked at over 12-15 venues before choosing the Downingtown Country Club. Nowhere other than the Downingtown Country Club (DCC) will you find quality of service, affordability, and most importantly a beautiful and well cared for venue. Another factor that made Downingtown Country Club stand out among other venues in the area was the staff’s professionalism and promptness to respond to any and all questions. Throughout the wedding planning process I worked with Kerry Connors, who is anything short of incredible at her job. She truly went above and beyond catering to any requests I had. I was planning my wedding out of state, which definitely makes the planning process all the more hectic, but Kerry was extremely accommodating making sure to promptly answer all questions and concerns and provided support and reassurance along the way. The menu and food at DCC was another one of many reasons we decided to go with this venue- our deepest compliments to Chef Brad who did an outstanding job on the food at our wedding, we receive compliments time and time again on the quality, presentation, and deliciousness of the food throughout and well after our reception. On the day of our wedding we had a personal attendant who was there to accommodate us in any ways we needed as well as making sure everything went according to plan and we were on schedule (something that is very difficult to do when you are a bride and get caught up talking with family and friends). Travis and I cannot thank the staff at DCC for their support and dedication to ensure that everything was perfect and just as we envisioned on our wedding day!

Downingtown Country Club 6

Nicole · Married on 06/23/2018

Kerry was amazing during the entire planning process. The day of our wedding she made sure everything was perfect down to the very last detail. People are still talking about what a great job they did and how good the food was at our wedding. I would recommend Downingtown Country Club to anyone looking for a venue for their wedding.

Shaila · Married on 06/09/2018

Best country club after looking at 22 venues!

When we were researching for a venue, Downingtown Country Club was the best fit for us, we also looked at 21 other venues! The staff and our wedding coordinator were amazing and made the whole experience easy and enjoyable. The day went absolutely perfectly and we were so relaxed. Kerry Connors, the Wedding Manager at DCC, was my right hand. I trusted her and she took care of everything for us and we could not thank her enough. I always thought I didn't want a country club wedding, but DCC was so much more and we will be forever grateful to the team for making our day amazing.

Downingtown Country Club 7
    Downingtown Country Club 8

Ann · Married on 06/08/2018

Kerry Connors was exceptional to work with. Every detail of my wedding came together without a flaw. Felt pampered and well taken care of from the start of the wedding process to the special day. My guests are still raving about how much fun they had and how beautiful my reception was. I would do it all over again with Kerry. Simply the best!!

Downingtown Country Club 9
    Downingtown Country Club 10
    Downingtown Country Club 11
    Downingtown Country Club 12

Gayle · Married on 05/18/2018

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Downingtown Country Club on 5/19/18 and to say they did an amazing job would be a complete understatement. To be honest, DCC wasn't the top of our list for reception venues. After a visit to another venue that left us disappointed, we went to DCC to check it out. From the moment we walked through the doors and met Kerry and Joe, we were sold. Kerry is the most down-to-earth and caring person and Joe is just the same. They whole-heartedly cared about us and helping us make our special day exactly how we wanted it. Kerry was with us each step of the way (even through her maternity leave!!). Joe was always there to help us out or to walk us through whatever questions we had. Kerry was so flexible with meeting dates and times and would meet with us whenever we needed, no matter how late in the evening. On the day of, Kerry was by my side, making sure each and every detail was perfect and making sure all of me and my girls needs were met while we were getting ready. I cannot express the gratitude my husband and I have for everyone at DCC. They are a top notch group of people that genuinely care about you and your special day. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asks! Heck, if we could do it all again, they would be my first choice for sure!

Downingtown Country Club 13
    Downingtown Country Club 14
    Downingtown Country Club 15
    Downingtown Country Club 16
    Downingtown Country Club 17

marcus · Married on 05/05/2018

My wife and I had an amazing experience with Downingtown Country Club hosting our wedding. We met with Kerry Connors and from our initial meeting to the day of, she was nothing short of spectacular. From helping my wife decide on colors to helping me pick hors d'oeuvres, Kerry was accommodating, patient and helped take a lot of the stress away from planning our special day. Kerry answered all of our questions and responded quickly to the many follow up questions we had as the day approached. Kerry made sure our bridal party was organized and on schedule the day of and even made sure that our photographer had a vegetarian entree that I requested the day of! Everything was on time and in place like she told us it would be! Kerry made sure our wedding day was as special as we both hoped it would be. I would recommend Kerry and Downingtown Country Club to anyone looking to have a stress-free, elegant and all around amazing wedding!

Shacole · Married on 04/28/2018

Downingtown Country Club provides a wonderful area for an outdoor wedding and beautiful ballroom for a reception. A wonderful organized coordinate Kerry provides a great touch to an already picturesque area. I recommend anyone to just give this place a look and it will do the rest. Beautiful!!!

Downingtown Country Club 18

Danielle · Married on 03/02/2018

We had our wedding at Downingtown Country Club in March and we just could NOT be any happier with how it turned out. It was in the middle of a snow storm and we still can't get over how perfectly everything went! We worked with Sharon and she was very easy to get in touch with, very organized, enthusiastic, and just so nice! They were very flexible with the weather, we had the option of doing the ceremony inside or outside - until the weather decided for us! - and we had the option of using the beautiful patio area if weather permitted. Even though the weather wasn't great they made everything work and could accommodate the last minute changes seamlessly. I would definitely use them again for future events. The food was incredible and everyone had a great time!

Pat · Married on 11/04/2017

Downingtown Country Club is the absolute best place to have a wedding. We were told by almost all 200 people at our wedding that it was best time they have ever had the wedding and it was all thanks to Sharron, Carrie, and Joe at Downingtown. Downingtown had a special way of making us feel like we were the only couple in the world getting married that year. Everything was executed perfectly on our wedding day by the staff and communication was on point throughout the entire process. The ballroom was decorated perfectly and the beautiful grounds make it a wonderland for picture taking. We loved having our reception at Downingtown and you will too!

Kristen · Married on 10/28/2017

We had our wedding at Downingtown this past October. I was very particular in how I wanted everything and had a vision for how my wedding would be and Downingtown worked with me very step of the way. The end result was so perfect. Merry, Sheron, and Joe were incredible from start to finish. We've heard only the best about the food and service from our friends and family. Thanks to Downingtown for bringing our dream wedding to life!

Megan · Married on 10/14/2017

Downingtown Country Club was a fantastic location for our reception. We worked with both Kerry (who went out on maternity leave) and Sharon. Both were incredibly helpful. Their staff is great! And the food is delicious. They went above and beyond to make our day perfect. - Megan

Janice · Married on 10/08/2017

we had our wedding on St. Patrick's Day 2017.. The staff and the food were awesome and very accommodating. Best place for a wedding.. :)

Brandi · Married on 09/16/2017

Downingtown Country Club was the best choice for our reception! They were so quick to respond to emails, were always there when we had questions. Kerry Connors and Sharon Hegney are seriously angels on earth!! They are the sweetest, most helpful people you could have when planning a wedding. They were willing to work with us to create our own fairytale wedding. Food was amazing, service was top notch. Definitely a 10/10 in our eyes! Would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding! Great picture ops too!

Kelsey · Married on 06/30/2017

I could not have asked for more perfect wedding!! My husband and I fell in love with the venue and staff at Downingtown Country Club right away! The staff went above and beyond for us and I can't even begin to tell you how truly amazing they were on our wedding day! From the minute they greeted us until walking out after reception, we were so impressed! A special thank you to Kerry, Sharon, Chef Brad, Jon, Paul and the whole team! My wedding day was every brides dream because of DCC! I was so relaxed and worry free, everyone was on top of EVERYHING! It was everything we asked for and envisioned! We are still getting compliments from family & friends! The food was delicious too!! We HIGHLY recommend DCC! Kelsey & Kevin

Jessica · Married on 06/24/2017

We could not have asked for a better experience for our wedding! From the moment we decided to choose Downingtown Country Club we were welcomed into the DCC family! Everyone is extremely professional and friendly! On our wedding day, I didn't have to worry about a thing! Everyone eased my nerves and took care of things before I asked! The food was amazing and my family and friends can't stop talking about the amazing time they had! I would highly recommend DCC to anyone!

Caitlin · Married on 05/28/2017

I can't thank Kerry and Sharon enough for all of their help and hard work! They made our wedding day a breeze and helped me with the planning process all along the way! The husband and I couldn't have dreamed up a better wedding!

Mandy · Married on 05/20/2017

Coming from the hospitality industry, we had our expectations set very high for our wedding. After the first meeting that we had with Kerry Connors, we knew that Downingtown Country Club was the right choice for us. We felt a connection with Kerry right away. She is so confident in her staff and has so much experience working weddings we knew we wanted to work with her for our big day. It was not only the beautiful country club that sold us, but Kerry was a HUGE part in why we chose DCC for our ceremony and reception venue. When we had signed our contract, John (GM) let us know that they were going to be doing renovations to update the ceremony and reception spots. Every time we went to the country club, John would let us know what they were thinking about doing and asked for our opinions. The renovations were done so quickly and everything that they did was just beautiful. A lot of the places that we looked at had set menu's and there was no wiggle room for changes. That is not the case at DCC. Kerry worked with us to make sure that each and every detail that we envisioned for our special day came true. I cannot express enough how incredible the DCC staff is. Sharon worked with us towards the end to again make sure our day was perfect, and it was! I had Kerry and Sharon's support the entire day of my wedding and I cannot tell you how comforting it was having them right by my side. As mentioned before, we come from a family in the hospitality business. We were told numerous times that the food at our wedding was the best wedding food they had ever had! Thank you chef Brad! I would recommend the Downingtown Country Club to anyone getting married!!! Our day was complete perfection and we have DCC staff to thank for that!

Love always, Mandy and Dan Good

Linda · Married on 05/13/2017

Absolutely great place for a wedding! Even though it poured rain throughout the day, Kerry made sure the inside area for the wedding was beautiful. The food was delicious - great crab cake station for cocktail hour and the filet mignon dinner was excellent. The space easily accommodated our 182 guests, including children. We had plenty of room for dancing - our band sounded amazing in the ballroom. We opted to extend the wedding for an additional hour and it was well worth it. Everyone had a blast. Thank you Kerry and the DCC team.

Kimberly · Married on 04/07/2017

We knew immediately at our first visit that the Downingtown Country Club would be the perfect venue for our wedding. Kerry and her team are incredible! Kerry was wonderfully organized, thorough, and supportive every step of the way. She was more than happy to accommodate our budget and created an amazing wedding package for us. She never said no to our ideas, even the weird ones, and she helped make them even better than we imagined. She even lent us some of her own vintage books to use with our book theme. Choosing Downingtown Country Club took away a lot of planning stress. We loved that they have a large bridal suite AND a groom locker room, so getting ready was very easy for the whole wedding party. We went with their preferred vendors and loved them all. The food, space, and atmosphere were all so perfect.

Colbie · Married on 03/25/2017

From the very first moment my soon to be then husband and I walked in the doors of the country club we knew that it was the place we wanted to be married. Our wedding date was march 25, 2017. Kerry Conners and her amazing wedding team were with us for almost an entire year helping to plan every little detail, guiding us along the way of what steps to take next and how to prepare. She made us feel so comfortable, and like our wedding date was the only one she was planning (however she had multiple ones each weekend), as a soon to be bride it was the attention I needed from our coordinator and I couldn't of asked for a better one! Our big day had finally arrived us girls got ready in the large bridal suite, and the guys in the golf club locker room. They greeted us the moment we got there and made sure we were comefortable and relaxed and didn't need anything up until the ceremony started. Once things got started Kerry and her team kept us on track, and made things go so smoothly, I wish to relive the day of our wedding as it goes by so quickly! My husband and myself couldn't have asked for a better team to make our wedding day, the downingtown country club is beautiful, and Kerry is FANTASTIC at what she does. We are so greatful for the entire team!
    With love, Colbie & Jacob Mowday

• User7102590 · 1+ year ago

Once we met with Kerry we knew that Downingtown Country Club was the perfect place for our wedding. Kerry was so amazing and made our wedding perfect! We couldn't have done it without out her. She was always there when you needed help making any decision and would always give you the best advice and never steer you wrong. Kerry did whatever it took to make sure our wedding was the best day of our life and she surpassed all of my expectations. Downingtown Country Club is the best place to get married, from the venue its self to the incredible views and knowing Kerry is always there to help even after your wedding day!

Danielle · Married on 11/11/2016

Book it ASAP! I booked DCC with Kerry the day I visited and I am SO happy I did. I couldn't have been any happier. The food, the service, the atmosphere, the staff - everything was perfect. Kerry was absolutely amazing; I felt like every time we met to talk details, I was meeting with a friend. The service and professionalism doesn't get much better. She's' a perfectionist and made my entire vision for my wedding come to life! I can't say enough great things!

Ava · Married on 11/05/2016

You get a remarkable return on your investment, because Kerry does her absolute best to make sure that your budget goes a long way. Kerry is a blessing to all couples looking to have their reception at Downingtown as she has a great personality and has clearly had a lot of experience (she thinks of everything). We planned our wedding from out of state (we live in the DC area) and she was always able to accommodate our work and travel schedules.