Down the Aisle in Style Hair and Makeup Reviews

80 | Baltimore, MD

80 Reviews for Down the Aisle in Style Hair and Makeup

Aviva Movsas · Getting married on 06/08/2022

Highly recommend!

Down the Aisle in Style did such a great job with our hair and makeup! They were professional, timely, and flexible, and we loved how our hair and makeup turned out :) We received many compliments! Thank you!

Sent on 09/08/2020
  • Emily

Emily Walker · Married on 09/26/2020

Absolutely amazing experience!

Candace and Isabelle were such a wonderful team! As we all know, this year affected many people's special days, including ours. We ended up changing our big wedding into an intimate one. I panic searched for a hair and makeup team with one month to go and came across Down the Aisle in Style. Candace was so responsive and connected me with Isabelle for makeup. Both Candace and Isabelle did such a beautiful job and created such a calming environment. My bridesmaids and I all loved working with them, and I know that I can speak for all of us when I say that we would recommend them to any and all brides!

Sent on 11/19/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle Goddard · Married on 07/18/2020

Swooped in to Save the Day

I was having problems finding the right hair and makeup stylists to provide the bridal look I was going for. I was so fortunate to connect with Down the Aisle in Style a month before my wedding. They took care of both hair and makeup for my wedding party onsite. The owner, Candace, was flexible and experienced with up-dos. She listened to what I wanted and made me feel Iike a Princess on my wedding day! I highly recommend.

Sent on 08/20/2020
  • Molly

Molly O'connell · Married on 07/10/2020

Great experience with hair/make-up

Candace was really responsive to my last-minute request for hair and make-up (and some last-minute changes as well). She made excellent suggestions and also listened to my feedback (I am super not formal, so this was totally new to me). She made me feel really comfortable about the wedding process. Make-up was awesome, as well, and looked fantastic in pictures. Also kudos - they met me early in the morning for an early courthouse date.

Sent on 10/21/2020

Michaela Hicks · Married on 03/21/2020

So amazing, talented and accommodating!

Candace was absolutely incredible, not only was the hair and makeup absolutely gorgeous, she accommodated very last minute when my husband and I decided to elope. She was so supportive, professional and she made my wedding day so special.

Sent on 03/29/2020

Andrew McBain · Married on 03/07/2020

Perfect hair and makeup team

Candace and Isabella were absolutely amazing!!! They came to our hotel and got everyone ready on time! Everyone's hair and makeup looked absolutely stunning! It was also a super windy day and the hair all stayed perfectly in place! Both my mom and mother-in-law also loved them, so I could not have asked for better!

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • Leslie

Leslie Marcus · Married on 02/04/2020

Great hair & makeup team

Candace and her team were great to work with! They travelled from Baltimore to DC for my wedding and did hair & makeup for myself, my maid of honor, my mom and mother of groom. They also did adorable braids on the flower girl. They had a ton of patience, accommodated some last minute changes and did an excellent job. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/28/2019
  • Sara

Sara Feldman · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing, affordable, and professional wedding hair and make up!

I cannot say enough good things about Down the Aisle in Style. Candace and her team of hair stylists and make up artists worked incredibly hard and well for the bridal party on my wedding day. All of the looks were incredible and stunning. I (as the bride) felt confident and radiant, and my hair and make-up held up incredibly well through the end of the night.

Sent on 09/10/2019

Jessica Falice · Married on 08/10/2019

Awesome team!

Candace and her team did an excellent job. They were very professional and friendly. They arrived on time and got done in time. They were also very helpful in easing some of the stresses of the day and made everyone look and feel great. Candace did a perfect job on all the girls hair. Everyone loved their hair styles. She made sure everyone was happy and that their hair was exactly how they wanted it. Isabelle did a fantastic job with everyone’s makeup. Again, all the girls looked great and everyone loved their makeup. I loved my hair and makeup as well. Everything held up all night. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Kara · Married on 08/03/2019

An absolute must for your wedding!

Candace made my dream wedding hair come true! All the girls looked absolutely beautiful. Our hair and makeup lasted the entire night!! It all looked so natural. I woke up the next morning with my makeup fully intact! (Incredible for how much we sweated!!!) They were so fun to work with!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Jacob · Married on 06/29/2019

My bridesmaids and I looked beautiful!

I had a large bridal party, and I was worried about getting 11 girls hair done before our wedding. Candace and her team were excellent! They brought 3 employees to our hotel to get started, then Candace and one other associate stayed until the end. Some of my bridesmaids had clear ideas that they fulfilled wonderfully, and others had no idea what they wanted. Regardless, everyone looked great. I used airbrush makeup, and Hannah did a wonderful job. She also did my mom's makeup, and two other bridesmaids. All of the employees were sweet, and easy to talk to. Everyone was happy with their looks and we got many compliments. Initially, I was worried about my hair staying all night because it fell quickly after my trial. Candace reassured me it would turn out great on the big day, and she made sure it happened! I highly recommend Down the Aisle in Style and Charm City Hair for hair and makeup.

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Megan

Megan Perry · Married on 05/25/2019

This team made us all look flawless!

I'm so glad I worked with Down the Aisle in Style for my May 2019 wedding!! My hair and makeup looked exactly how I hoped it would and stayed gorgeous for the whole night. My mom and bridesmaids also got their hair & makeup done and looked amazing, and they were all able to get hairstyles that fit their preferences/personalities. The team members were friendly, professional and flexible, and offered advice when I couldn't make up my mind about hair accessories, etc. I also had them do my hair & makeup for my engagement shoot, which was a different look, and that was wonderful too. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Anya Remole · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful!

Down the Aisle in Style provided hair and makeup for us two brides as well as various members of our families. They did a great job, and were easy to work with - we especially appreciated how quickly and calmly Candace reacted to one of the stylists leaving her company shortly before our wedding - when she reached out, she already had a plan to run by us. In the end, everyone looked beautiful and we were very pleased with the end result.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/11/2019

One of the best choices I made when wedding planning was hiring this vendor!

Candice and her team went above and beyond for our wedding. The team at Down the Aisle in Style nailed it when bringing to life my dream wedding look. What was amazing was at the end of the night, I received compliments that my hair and makeup were still in tact (despite excessive dancing and happy tears).

They were also able to accommodate my very large bridal party and family members so that everyone was feeling beautiful the day of. They were exceptionally organized, kind, and I still have my girls expressing to me how they felt so glamorous that day.

This company was fantastic from the day we hired them to the day of the wedding and we are so grateful for their beautiful work.

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Claudia

Claudia · Married on 04/28/2019

GREAT!!!!!!!!

I am SO GLAD I found at last minute Candice after my hairstylist cancelled my appointment 2 days before my wedding, she was very nice and helpful with me, provided me a great service and made us felt special and beautiful, THANK YOU so much!!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Liz · Married on 12/08/2018

Great experience!

Wonderful hair and makeup experience with Down the Aisle in style. They were on time and very responsive when I had a few changes. They made me and my bridesmaids look beautiful!! 10/10 would recommend

Sent on 12/04/2018

Hilary · Married on 10/14/2018

Everyone Loved Their Look

I used Down the Aisle in Style for my recent wedding. They provided hair and make-up for myself as well as my immediate family. Our group ranged from a teenage who is obsessed and very picky about makeup to my mother-in-law who rarely wears any makeup and has never gotten her hair or makeup done for an event. Every single one of us LOVED our look! Hair and makeup stayed in place through the ceremony, reception, dance floor AND after bar. I had my hair and makeup trail and wasn’t 100% that we had accomplished the look I wanted. Candace was really understanding, advised me to get a hair piece and come in for a second trial, which she did for free. I went into my wedding day feeling totally comfortable and confident. The hair and makeup teams kept me relaxed and reassured as my nerves started to climb in the hours before my wedding. Down The Aisle in Style helped me create exactly the look I was hoping for and made me feel incredibly beautiful and confident.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Angelita · Married on 08/24/2018

After years of wonderful haircuts and color by my fabulous hair stylist Candace, I could not let anybody else touch my hair on my big day this past August and as always she delivered. My wedding day hair looked beautiful and turned out to be exactly what I wanted. My hair stayed in place and looked flawless the entire day/night. Candace is top notch from being timely, to being personable, to making you feel comfortable and so pretty when she is finished with you! She is professional yet fun to be around! She will listen to what style you are looking for and create exactly that! Candace also brought her makeup stylist Jackie who did such an amazing job on my makeup and my maid of honor and mom. We were all very pleased with the airbrush style she used, it really does make a world of a difference, especially on your wedding day! I cannot recommend Candace and her team at Down the Aisle in Style enough. They are talented artists and anyone would be lucky to have their team be apart of their big day!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Beth · Married on 08/11/2018

We are so pleased with Down the Aisle in Style! They did 9 sets of hair and makeup - and literally in about 2.5 hours, but with incredible efficiency. Everyone's hair and makeup stayed all day, and everything looked so beautiful even after a zillion hours of heat outside and dancing inside! Most of my girls went the "choose your own adventure" (aka let the stylist pick an updo) for hair and super natural on makeup (at least half said, "Well, I don't really wear makeup... ever...") and Candace and her team were PHENOMENAL. They came to our hotel room to do this, also. It was the best!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2018

Candace was an absolute joy to work with. I was striving for a soft, romantic and whimsical bridal updo and she definitely helped me to achieve that. She also styled my mother's hair for the wedding day and we were both very pleased with the results. She is so kind and easy to talk to, and living in the Baltimore area I was really happy to hear that she did not charge a travel fee for traveling to our hotel (where we got ready). I would wholeheartedly recommend Down The Aisle in Style to any Baltimore or surrounding area bride!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/29/2018

Candace was amazing to work with - she was very responsive, professional, and SO nice. I did a hair and makeup trial with Candace & Jackie at the Canton salon and they made me feel so at ease. The day of the wedding they were on time, efficient, and made myself & each of my bridesmaids look and feel gorgeous! I would highly recommend Down the Aisle in Style!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Kate · Married on 05/19/2018

Amazing work, prompt, and professional does not even begin to cover the incredible service provided by Candace. She arrived on time, was attentive, and has a true gift for hair. All the hair was beautiful, ans lasted all night long. Our make-up as well was stunning. I do not wear a lot of make-up, and most days go without. I wanted to look very natural, like myself. My make-up was perfect! My features were enhanced the perfect amount, and I could not have felt more beautiful. They made me feel so special and helped me achieve the way I always wanted to look on my wedding day. Absolutely amazing group of woman to work with!

Sent on 05/22/2018

pamela · Married on 05/19/2018

May 19, 2018 - Candace and Sara provided hair and make up services for my daughter's wedding and the results were beyond expectations. Candace and Sara were on time and super professional and knew exactly how to make the bride, her bridesmaids, MOB and the grandmothers feel like a million dollars. I would highly recommend this team, you won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

Down the Aisle in Style did my hair and makeup for my May 5th wedding and they were amazing! Candace was fantastic to work with and got my hair color perfect in the months leading up to the wedding, and then on the wedding day made sure we had enough people to get hair and makeup done for myself, 4 bridesmaids, and 2 moms all in 3 hours! Her staff was fantastic - especially Irina, Jackie, and Alesia. They were so easy to work with and are super talented.

Sent on 05/22/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/21/2018

From the very beginning, communication was so great! I contacted a few hair/makeup artists as I was on the hunt for my wedding, but I was very surprised how many of them never responded or took weeks to get back to me - Down the Aisle in Style was different since Candace was SO quick to respond to my emails and questions. While I didn't see quite as many photos of their work online as some other vendors, I felt more comfortable with them because of the great communication and I planned to do bridal hair and makeup trials anyway! It was also great that there wasn't a difficult to meet minimum for both hair and makeup services, since most everyone wanted their hair done but only about half wanted makeup done as well - a different vendor had told me that I would be charged $150 since I was 1 service short of meeting the minimum and for that I could have just had another girl get another service as well! I'm so glad I went with Down the Aisle in Style instead of someone else!
    Jackie, Irina, and Candace were a pleasure to work with on the day of the wedding, very down to earth and delivered great work in a timely fashion. They finished early and everyone was happy with their hair and makeup! I didn't get a great look at my hair before the wedding, so the only thing I'm noticing now looking at photos is that my hair did not look as much like the trial as I expected - that being said, it did still look nice and held up for most of the night with only a couple of strays that needed additional pinning!
    My makeup looked amazing in photos and lasted all night and the fake eyelashes were comfortable and stayed put. Jackie gave me some blotting sheets for my oily skin and additional lip color to help get me through the day - it all worked out really well!
    As most brides probably are, I was scared to put my hair and makeup into someone else's hands after doing it all myself for many events over the past few years, but I was really happy with how everything turned out!

Sent on 04/30/2018