Down the Aisle in Style Hair and Makeup Reviews

Down the Aisle in Style Hair and Makeup 6
Down the Aisle in Style Hair and Makeup 7

Liz · Married on 12/08/2018

Great experience!

Wonderful hair and makeup experience with Down the Aisle in style. They were on time and very responsive when I had a few changes. They made me and my bridesmaids look beautiful!! 10/10 would recommend

Hilary · Married on 10/14/2018

Everyone Loved Their Look

I used Down the Aisle in Style for my recent wedding. They provided hair and make-up for myself as well as my immediate family. Our group ranged from a teenage who is obsessed and very picky about makeup to my mother-in-law who rarely wears any makeup and has never gotten her hair or makeup done for an event. Every single one of us LOVED our look! Hair and makeup stayed in place through the ceremony, reception, dance floor AND after bar. I had my hair and makeup trail and wasn’t 100% that we had accomplished the look I wanted. Candace was really understanding, advised me to get a hair piece and come in for a second trial, which she did for free. I went into my wedding day feeling totally comfortable and confident. The hair and makeup teams kept me relaxed and reassured as my nerves started to climb in the hours before my wedding. Down The Aisle in Style helped me create exactly the look I was hoping for and made me feel incredibly beautiful and confident.

Angelita · Married on 08/24/2018

After years of wonderful haircuts and color by my fabulous hair stylist Candace, I could not let anybody else touch my hair on my big day this past August and as always she delivered. My wedding day hair looked beautiful and turned out to be exactly what I wanted. My hair stayed in place and looked flawless the entire day/night. Candace is top notch from being timely, to being personable, to making you feel comfortable and so pretty when she is finished with you! She is professional yet fun to be around! She will listen to what style you are looking for and create exactly that! Candace also brought her makeup stylist Jackie who did such an amazing job on my makeup and my maid of honor and mom. We were all very pleased with the airbrush style she used, it really does make a world of a difference, especially on your wedding day! I cannot recommend Candace and her team at Down the Aisle in Style enough. They are talented artists and anyone would be lucky to have their team be apart of their big day!

Beth · Married on 08/11/2018

We are so pleased with Down the Aisle in Style! They did 9 sets of hair and makeup - and literally in about 2.5 hours, but with incredible efficiency. Everyone's hair and makeup stayed all day, and everything looked so beautiful even after a zillion hours of heat outside and dancing inside! Most of my girls went the "choose your own adventure" (aka let the stylist pick an updo) for hair and super natural on makeup (at least half said, "Well, I don't really wear makeup... ever...") and Candace and her team were PHENOMENAL. They came to our hotel room to do this, also. It was the best!

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2018

Candace was an absolute joy to work with. I was striving for a soft, romantic and whimsical bridal updo and she definitely helped me to achieve that. She also styled my mother's hair for the wedding day and we were both very pleased with the results. She is so kind and easy to talk to, and living in the Baltimore area I was really happy to hear that she did not charge a travel fee for traveling to our hotel (where we got ready). I would wholeheartedly recommend Down The Aisle in Style to any Baltimore or surrounding area bride!

Down the Aisle in Style Hair and Makeup 10

Sarah · Married on 06/29/2018

Candace was amazing to work with - she was very responsive, professional, and SO nice. I did a hair and makeup trial with Candace & Jackie at the Canton salon and they made me feel so at ease. The day of the wedding they were on time, efficient, and made myself & each of my bridesmaids look and feel gorgeous! I would highly recommend Down the Aisle in Style!

pamela · Married on 05/19/2018

May 19, 2018 - Candace and Sara provided hair and make up services for my daughter's wedding and the results were beyond expectations. Candace and Sara were on time and super professional and knew exactly how to make the bride, her bridesmaids, MOB and the grandmothers feel like a million dollars. I would highly recommend this team, you won't be disappointed!!!

Down the Aisle in Style Hair and Makeup 11
    Down the Aisle in Style Hair and Makeup 12

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

Down the Aisle in Style did my hair and makeup for my May 5th wedding and they were amazing! Candace was fantastic to work with and got my hair color perfect in the months leading up to the wedding, and then on the wedding day made sure we had enough people to get hair and makeup done for myself, 4 bridesmaids, and 2 moms all in 3 hours! Her staff was fantastic - especially Irina, Jackie, and Alesia. They were so easy to work with and are super talented.

Down the Aisle in Style Hair and Makeup 13

Lauren · Married on 04/21/2018

From the very beginning, communication was so great! I contacted a few hair/makeup artists as I was on the hunt for my wedding, but I was very surprised how many of them never responded or took weeks to get back to me - Down the Aisle in Style was different since Candace was SO quick to respond to my emails and questions. While I didn't see quite as many photos of their work online as some other vendors, I felt more comfortable with them because of the great communication and I planned to do bridal hair and makeup trials anyway! It was also great that there wasn't a difficult to meet minimum for both hair and makeup services, since most everyone wanted their hair done but only about half wanted makeup done as well - a different vendor had told me that I would be charged $150 since I was 1 service short of meeting the minimum and for that I could have just had another girl get another service as well! I'm so glad I went with Down the Aisle in Style instead of someone else!
    Jackie, Irina, and Candace were a pleasure to work with on the day of the wedding, very down to earth and delivered great work in a timely fashion. They finished early and everyone was happy with their hair and makeup! I didn't get a great look at my hair before the wedding, so the only thing I'm noticing now looking at photos is that my hair did not look as much like the trial as I expected - that being said, it did still look nice and held up for most of the night with only a couple of strays that needed additional pinning!
    My makeup looked amazing in photos and lasted all night and the fake eyelashes were comfortable and stayed put. Jackie gave me some blotting sheets for my oily skin and additional lip color to help get me through the day - it all worked out really well!
    As most brides probably are, I was scared to put my hair and makeup into someone else's hands after doing it all myself for many events over the past few years, but I was really happy with how everything turned out!

Cassie · Married on 01/21/2018

Candace and Heather did hair and makeup for myself and my bridal party. Both of them were amazing throughout the entire process. I had never gotten professional formal hair and makeup before, but everything was so easy and enjoyable. I wasn't sure how to describe the hair style that I wanted, but Candace looked at a couple of pictures and gave me the perfect style. The makeup style was so soft and natural, too - exactly what I wanted!

From the consultation to the wedding day, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Both ladies were friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to recommend them to any bride!

Grace · Married on 12/16/2017

Candace has so many great reviews, and I definitely 100% agree with all of them!! I have never shown a picture on pintrest to a stylist before and have it come to life!! Candace was friendly, timely, and such a great deal for her service! I have really thick Asian hair, which I have definitely had many stylists mess up, but Candace knew exactly what she was doing with mine and my bridesmaid (whose hair was very thin and light). It turned out beautifully and she suggested to add some baby's breath into it to make it stand out when the veil was off. Super friendly and easy to work with and fast! She did all our hair quickly but beautifully and definitely added to our special day on 12/16/17.

Alana · Married on 12/02/2017

You should definitely go with Down the Aisle in Style for your wedding hair and makeup! My experience with Candace and Jackie was fantastic. I moved out of state 6 months before my wedding, so coordinating with vendors from so far away was very stressful. Candace and Jackie were so kind to schedule a last minute hair and makeup trial when I was in town for my bridal shower. They traveled to my wedding venue on the day of my wedding, and did an amazing job with hair and makeup for myself, my bridal party, and mother. Both Candace and Jackie went above and beyond to give us exactly the look we wanted- Candace even completely changed my hairstyle the day of the wedding based on ideas she got when she walked into our venue! Our hair and makeup was flawless, thank you both so much!! (The price I quoted includes both the bride's hair and makeup trials, as well as services the day of the wedding, not including tip).

Diana · Married on 09/03/2017

I had a great experience with Candace and her team! My bridesmaids and I looked great, everyone was extremely happy with their hair and makeup. We needed two stylists and two makeup artists and it wasn’t a problem. Bridal hair by Candace and bridal makeup by Hannah Pryor

Down the Aisle in Style Hair and Makeup 14
  • PandaInLove

Amanda · Married on 08/27/2017

Candance and Jackie were one of my favorite parts of my wedding day. They came to my home to do hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids in the morning and did an absolutely amazing job with everyone's looks. I also did a makeup trial prior to the wedding day which I was totally pleased with and made me feel confident with booking their services. The airbrush makeup was so light that I didn't feel like I was wearing makeup and to top it off, I looked flawless! I skipped the hair trial, but Candace impressed me by giving me the perfect style after I gave her some pictures for reference. Highly recommend to anyone looking for services in or around Baltimore!

Aiana · Married on 08/11/2017

Amazing work! Candace came to my hotel suite to style me and my bridesmaids, 5 total, and she actually finished everyone early. Our wedding was on a humid, rainy, August day but everything stayed in place - no loss of volume, no frizz, all waves and up do's intact until the end of the reception. I'd definitely recommend Down the Aisle in Style!

Danielle · Married on 07/08/2017

Candace and her team were an absolute joy to work with. From the moment I contacted her, she was incredibly professional and helpful. As soon as I met her for our trial, I knew that I wouldn't be disappointed. For the actual wedding, we had a large group and she brought on board a team big enough to make sure we didn't have to start getting ready super early. I loved all of the bridesmaids, my mom, and most importantly my hair and make-up. Candace and her team made my friends and mom look their absolute best and oh-so glamorous! She even helped my groom make sure his man-bun looked picture worthy! We all felt absolutely radiant. Most importantly, after an outdoor wedding in DC and a 3 hour dance party, our whole groups' hair and make-up still looked great! The groom's hair even looked good the next day :) She and her team exceeded our expectations!

Katie · Married on 05/20/2017

We had onsite hair and makeup for my bridal party, our mothers, sisters-in-law and flower girl. Candace, Hannah and Sara arrived early to our hotel on the Eastern Shore and were patient as we tried to organize our people; still having everyone done on time despite a late start. They are lovely people, very flexible (I changed a lot of things after my trial), and even completely redid one girls hair when she was not completely satisfied. In the end, everyone looked and felt GORGEOUS and we couldn't have been happier.

Allie · Married on 05/20/2017

Candace was amazing from day one. I do not live near the studio and Candace was kind enough to work with me in order to get me in for a trial. I was a little nervous about the timeline for the wedding day because different girls had different arrival and departure times. Candice was kind enough to send me a schedule and the wedding morning went off without a hitch. Jackie (makeup artist) and Heather (hair stylist) were truly amazing! They were professional and arrived early (which is perfect for a time freak like me). Getting ready ran smoothly and the girls and I looked absolutely stunning! Our hair and makeup lasted all day and we received so many compliments. I would highly recommend Down the Aisle in Style Hair and Makeup!

Erin · Married on 05/13/2017

Candice and Heather are amazing! Thanks for making my grown daughter, my stepmom and me look our absolute best for my brother's black tie wedding! It was so easy to book; Candice was so responsive and willing to work with us! Having the option of having Heather come straight to our downtown hotel to style us...priceless! The best part? All three of us didn't know exactly what we wanted done with our hair. Heather is one of those stylist that makes you feel instantly at ease because you know you're in the hands of a pro. She looked at a few pictures that we showed her, asked a few key questions and then, worked her magic. Thank you so much for making my stepmom , my daughter and I feel like a million bucks !! My husband told me I was gorgeous... he's never said that before and we've known each other for 28 years. Pretty, cute , hot- yes but gorgeous ?! I'll take that ! And our 20 year old son said , "I think this is the prettiest I've ever seen you look ". Thank you, thank you Candice and Heather!

Janice · Married on 04/08/2017

Candace and her team (Heather & Hannah) were such a pleasure to work with, down to earth and professional. Candace is very prompt in replying to emails. She made sure I was happy with what my services would be. She made me feel comfortable about making sure I was happy with the end product. Heather did a beautiful job with my hair. She listens to what you want, shows patience and will work until you feel comfortable about it. She did my hair at 7 am and my hair held up till after midnight when I washed it out. Hannah is so sweet and so easy to work with. She was very patient with me while I tried to figure out the makeup look I wanted to have. She even did one quick touch up before she left. My sister and mom were also satisfied with their makeup services she provided. They both arrived before their scheduled times, which shows a lot of professionalism. They care about their work and their brides. I'd recommend them to everyone. Thank you Down the Aisle in Style!

Jessica · Married on 03/25/2017

I had the pleasure of having Candace and Hannah to do my wedding hair and makeup. Everything was fantastic from start to finish, such a smooth, easy process with INCREDIBLE results! I was particularly impressed with the quick responses. I truly couldn't have had a better experience! Hands down would easily recommend to all! ??

Catherine · Married on 12/03/2016

Candace is absolutely AMAZING. I searched for a long, long time to find someone who was both great at what they do, and affordable. Candace isn't just great at styling hair, she's incredible! Candace and Lauren showed up on time and man did they crank out some beautiful updos! I had 7 girls, plus myself and my mother in law - Candace had us ready to go a half hour earlier than expected. Everyone was in love with their hair, and it stayed put all day and through the night - even after hours of dancing. I'm so glad I went with Candace, and would 1000% book her again.

Susan · Married on 10/15/2016

On the recommendation of a friend, I contacted Candice and Heather to do my hair and the hair of my bridesmaids, mother and mother in law for my wedding on 10/15/2016 in Havre de Grace. I am incredibly satisfied with how it all turned out! The trial was extremely easy, Heather came to my home with her suitcase of gear and, after looking at a few pictures of my general idea, came up with a hairstyle that not only looked great but would stay in place the entire time. My wedding party all looked great, and after a long night of dancing, our hair was amazingly in place! She also arrived promptly (in fact, a little early!) to the venue where we were getting ready, and everyone was ready well in advance of the festivities. I would absolutely recommend this vendor to anyone!

Kristin · Married on 10/01/2016

Candace and Jackie were a great team for hair and make-up. I have pretty lifeless, thin hair and never know what I'm doing with make-up and they worked complete magic. I didn't feel overdone, and they were so open to my feedback during my trial.

They also did hair and make-up for my bridal party of nine ladies, and everyone looked awesome. They were on schedule, good pricing and no one walked away feeling 'blah' about what they had done (you know that everyone has has a bad hair or makeup experience!). And everyone's hair and make-up stayed put for our wedding, which was full of dancing and sweat :)

Overall, five stars across the board for Down the Aisle in Style!