Dow Gardens Reviews

23 | Midland, MI

23 Reviews for Dow Gardens

Tamara · Married on 07/14/2018

Beautiful flowers, bridges, landscaping all made for a perfect and beautiful wedding.

Sent on 08/04/2018

Amanda · Married on 07/02/2016

DOW Gardens is absolutely beautiful! The staff and Event Manager (Kristen), were extremely polite and accommodating. From set up, ceremony, pictures and take down, everything went perfectly. The staff was there to set up and take down all things we rented from the gardens (chairs, stereo system and golf cart). They helped guide my crew to set up the things we brought in and helped when they could. The venue allowed me and my husband to come in whenever we wanted throughout the year to take a look at our venue and get ideas for planning. On the big day the staff hunted down a large mirror to put in my changing room for me last minute so I didn't have to go out into the hall where everyone was coming in. I couldn't have dreamed of a better location for our perfect outdoor July wedding!

Sent on 08/24/2016
  • Eulah

Eulah · Married on 06/11/2016

Loved having the Ceremony here. The Peninsula was Gorgeous and peaceful. All our guest had a great time.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Katelynn · Married on 08/01/2015

We arrived early for pictures and the staff had no problem letting us walk around the gardens. Ceremony site set-up was done for us and was perfect! All of our guests truly loved having the option to walk around the gardens before and after the ceremony -free of charge! Our pictures also turned out fantastic!

The staff at Dow Gardens were always very helpful from helping with the smallest of questions to helping my husband and I pick the best locations for pictures. I highly recommend Dow Gardens as a ceremony cite to anyone looking for an outdoor wedding in Midland MI!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Miranda · Married on 07/04/2015

Everything turned out to be amazing that day. The staff was also very great to work with. I definitely recommend a nice outdoor wedding there!

Sent on 11/17/2015

From the beautiful scenery to dealing with the business part of it, Dow Gardens was amazing. Definitely chose the right spot!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Jen · Married on 09/13/2014

We had the most beautiful wedding at Dow Gardens we couldn't have asked for a better venue. Everything from the staff to the beauty of the gardens was perfect! I highly recommend getting married here to anyone and everyone!!!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Super sweet, and cute flowery venue. The ladies at the front desk were super helpful when we had to schedule amigos for our grandparents to use.

Sent on 08/30/2014

Dow Gardens was absolutely breathtaking on our wedding day. The staff was extremely helpful, they helped make my wedding magical. I would recommend this location to everyone!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Kymber · Married on 06/22/2012

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setting!!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Kate · Married on 08/23/2008

Very beautiful outdoor ceremony site within the gardens. Ben, the coordinator, was awesome, very helpful. Any time I had a question he always got back with me that day. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/09/2009

J · Married on 08/13/2005

Beautiful outdoor location for a wedding! Price was right for what I received. Highly reccommend!

Sent on 05/02/2008

Kaitlin · Married on 04/28/2012

Our wedding venue was perfect and everything was set up correctly, just how we said. Our pictures turned out wonderfully because of the scenery. No other decorations needed!

Sent on 05/15/2012

Tami · Married on 07/12/2008

Awesome outdoor spot for a wedding, very pretty gardens. The guy that helped us was very nice and helped out with whatever we needed. The changing room was kind of dirty and it didn't have a mirror, but other than that it was great!

Sent on 08/05/2008

Steve · Married on 08/17/2013

We were married at the peninsula location. It was beautiful and the garden offered many fabulous locations for photos after. I highly recommend Dow Gardens for your special day you won't regret it.

Sent on 02/22/2014

Kathryn · Married on 06/26/2011

The gardens are gorgeous and we had a lot of comments on how pretty our venue was. Ben was great to work with, and the price is reasonable. They have multiple wedding locations depending on the number attending. The Dow staff were very helpful the day of the ceremony making sure everything was prepared, and we were able to rent a golf cart to help guests get from the entrance to the site.

Sent on 06/30/2011

kim · Married on 06/07/2014

3.5

We got married at the pineside location in June and it was beautiful. You have to rent additional chairs if you have more than 20 seats, and if you need a golf cart thats extra too. Make sure you book early to get a good time slot!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Crysta · Married on 07/11/2014

I used the Barn to get ready, my only complaint is that the floor was so dirty. The bottoms of my feet were black before I even put my dress on. I would expect them to at least clean the floor knowing a large, white dress was going to likely touch the floor. Otherwise, the rest of the service and help was great.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Dow Gardens's reply:

Thank you for your comments. Let me begin by telling you how sorry I am that your experience was not completely satisfactory. Our mission is for every expectation to be met upon arrival, and after reading your review, it is clear that this was not the case. We have looked into this in an effort to improve the cleanliness of the historic barn floor. We're glad that everything else went well, and we do hope to see you around the garden again in the future!
  • Brandie

Brandie · Married on 05/04/2013

4.2
      3.5

Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful! The grounds were well maintained. The set up, tear down, and entire planning process was very professional and smooth.

Sent on 06/01/2013

Kristee · Married on 08/30/2008

3.0

It was absolutely a beautiful place to get married!!!

Sent on 09/23/2008

Bridgette · Married on 07/23/2011

3.5

Beautiful, but coordinator didnt show for rehearsal

Sent on 08/16/2011

Dow Gardens's reply:

Thank you for your comments. Our mission is for every expectation to be met upon arrival. It is clear that, in this situation, this was not the case. The location is reserved, at no additional charge, for rehearsals. Processional coordination is often handled by the officiant and/or designated head of ceremony. However, we're happy to make an appointment to meet with our couples at any convenient point in time to answer questions. We will be sure to be communicate this more clearly in the future. We're glad you loved the setting, and hope you stop by to see us again, soon.

2.0

We had our wedding at Dow gardens which was absolutely beautiful. The location is amazing. That's definitely a pro. A few cons... They have very nit picky rules of what you can and can't do with decorations and everything. Also the give you about 45 mins to set up everything on your own, chairs included, and then an hour for your wedding to start, end, clean up and everything. It was very rushed which was my biggest con.

Sent on 06/13/2014

Dow Gardens's reply:

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate both the great comments, and the 'not so great' comments that our guests provide to us. It is based on this feedback, that we are able to improve the experience of our visitors.

We have significantly increased the length of time that couples have access to both the wedding location and changing areas. Wedding parties are more than welcome to utilize the rest of the garden for as long as they wish for pictures both before and after the ceremony. Staff members will take care of any items, provided by Dow Gardens, including chairs.

We're glad you loved the location, and we do hope to see you around the garden again in the future!

Shanna · Married on 05/31/2006

2.0

The person in charge of running the wedding site wasnt the most professional. He was late for meeting with us for the walk through, and he sent out our refund check for the deposit a month after the wedding when it was supposed to take a max of 2 weeks. Not impressed with that but overall the place is beautiful and for the money it was great!!

Sent on 07/29/2008

Hello Shanna,

We apologize for any inconvenience, we strive to be as timely as possible. We have since had a change in accounting methods, and refunds for damage deposits are now mailed out in the week following the ceremony.