Douglas R. Bethers Utah's wedding officiant Reviews

Douglas R. Bethers Utah's wedding officiant 4
Douglas R. Bethers Utah's wedding officiant 5
  • Jason

Jason Cronquist · Married on 01/10/2020

Amazing ceremony, Thanks Douglas.

The ceremony was perfect. Douglas did an amazing job in preparing, and it showed in the ceremony. He took the time to cater the ceremony exactly how we wanted it. Most importantly he took the time to get to know us so that he could personalize the ceremony to fit our wedding and our personalities. 10/10

Douglas R. Bethers Utah's wedding officiant 6
    Sent on 12/09/2019

Baylee Sciarini · Married on 12/10/2019

The best decision you should make!

Douglas was truly amazing! If you are looking for someone who will make your ceremony truly beautiful and about you and your partner, Douglas is the way to go. Our ceremony was so personalized to us and he made sure to make it special for us! There was not a dry eye in the house, his words are beautiful! He really made our day so special and about the love we share for each other and the commitment we made to each other. Thank you so much Douglas!

Douglas R. Bethers Utah's wedding officiant 7
    Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Rochelle

Rochelle Anzer · Married on 10/19/2019

The Best Officiant

Douglas was amazing. Our wedding day turned out to be quite an memorable disaster...it rained like crazy and the ceremony was outside. He braved the COLD rain with us and even stuck around for awhile after the chaos so that we could try to get pictures done in between the downpour before having us sign our marriage license and him heading out. We didn’t get to have the whole speech he had prepared because again the rain pretty much rushed us to the “say the I Do’s“ portion. He did have a cute little thing about the rain meaning good luck. Also, since we didn’t get to have the ceremony that he had planned for us he did offer to have a little ceremony somewhere in the future so that we can hear what I know would have been an amazing ceremony. That is amazing service that I feel some people wouldn’t care and just take the money and go

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Karlee

Karlee Wright · Married on 10/19/2019

All Heart - An amazing Officiant

The ceremony is in my opinion the most important part of the wedding. Douglas makes it just that. With a customizable template of how you want your day to feel, Douglas kept everything running smoothly both during the rehearsal and the day of. Douglas did a phenomenal job in tying everything together. The guy is a true professional. He books up quickly (for a reason!) and so if you are considering him...book now!

Douglas R. Bethers Utah's wedding officiant 8
    Douglas R. Bethers Utah's wedding officiant 9
    Sent on 12/25/2019
  • Sandra

Sandra Buendia · Married on 07/13/2019

Romantic, sophisticated, and fun

Douglas really made our wedding day relaxed, fun, and beautiful. His attention to detail throughout the process was impressive. He met with us before the wedding to get to know us better and integrated what he learned into the ceremony. Douglas made us feel as if he were a family member officiating our wedding ceremony. If you want an officiant who creates a beautiful, relaxed, and personalized wedding experience, Douglas is the person for you.

Douglas R. Bethers Utah's wedding officiant 10
    Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Sabrina

Sabrina Reyes Thompson · Married on 06/29/2019

Just Right.

Our time working with Douglas was a breeze. From the moment we met him to the moment he officially pronounced us as man and wife, he was charming, professional, and easy to work with. Our whole wedding was such a blur, but even to this day, I still get friends who were at the ceremony telling me just how beautiful it was and it was all thanks to him.

Of all of the great vendors we had, he was by far the best! He never once made us feel uncomfortable about the decisions we made for the ceremony. He rolled with all of the different punches that came with the day-of and he was very patient.

To anyone who is in the Salt Lake area looking for a great officiant, I will always proudly recommend Reverend Douglas R. Bethers.

Douglas R. Bethers Utah's wedding officiant 16
    Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 06/07/2019

Douglas is the Best!

I was so nervous trying to find an Officiant. But when we found Douglas he made all of the nerves go away. He gave us information on how to get our marriage licence, we had a phone interview before we committed to him so we knew we were a good fit. Once the wedding day was here so was he. He walked us both though our roles and our families roles in the ceremony. The ceremony was beautiful we couldn't have asked for a better wedding. After the ceremony we had people asking how we knew Douglas because they thought we were friends before the whole wedding planning process. Thank you Douglas for everything!

Douglas R. Bethers Utah's wedding officiant 17
    Sent on 11/12/2019

Levi · Married on 09/08/2018

We were so pleased with Douglas' services. He was very easy to work with, professional, and organized. His experience is invaluable. We had multiple guests comment on the fabulous ceremony he performed. Douglas is funny, light, serious when he needs to be, and was exactly what we'd hope to have on our wedding day. Thanks so much!

Douglas R. Bethers Utah's wedding officiant 18
    Sent on 09/11/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/08/2018

Douglas was wonderful!

We are quite the last minute couple - we had less figured out than I thought because there is so much to plan for a wedding! Douglas was the perfect officiant because he provided us with the information we needed to plan but didn't push us and make our wedding into something that wasn't our style. While we were discussing with Douglas how we wanted the ceremony to go, he told us how to avoid common mistakes couples make (i.e. walking too fast down the isle). It was apparent that he was very experienced and thoughtful and the event went incredibly smoothly largely due to Douglas! Our guests were very complementary of the ceremony saying that it reflected our relationship well and was the perfect length of time. I would highly recommend Douglas for anyone's ceremony because I am confident he will customize the ceremony as he did for ours and make any couple feel prepared and confident! Thank you very much Douglas!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Hannah · Married on 09/01/2018

Douglas was incredibly easy to work with, personable and caring. We felt like he was a part of our families and held a beautiful ceremony for us. Would highly recommend to anyone who is in need of an officiant!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Andrew · Married on 07/28/2018

Douglas was incredible. I would absolutely recommend him. He was so easy to work with and helped relieve a lot of stress in the planning process. He listened to what we wanted and made suggestions to help make the experience even more memorable. Almost everyone who was in attendance told us how much they enjoyed the ceremony, in large part because Douglas worked so hard to make it great for everyone. He went above and beyond on our behalf and it showed. Douglas helped to make our ceremony a truly beautiful experience for everyone.

Sent on 08/17/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/28/2018

Douglas is seriously the best! He was so flexible and was able to fit us into his very busy schedule and give us a better ceremony than we could have ever asked for. He makes everything so beautiful and reassured us the whole way. We're still getting compliments on our ceremony.

Douglas R. Bethers Utah's wedding officiant 19
    Sent on 05/01/2018

Gabriel · Married on 09/10/2017

The good reverend Douglas Bethers was an absolute godsend for our wedding. We feel so blessed that he was our officiant and gained a friend in him. We had several loose ends to tie down 2 weeks prior to our wedding and were stressed. Douglas served as a great consultant, gave us direction and assurance on solutions, and even allowed us to use his spotify for our song list. The entire wedding went perfectly. Douglas's service was heartfelt and memorable without being verbose and too lengthy. Subsequently he kept everything on schedule and moving smoothly from cocktail hour through toasts, cake cutting, and a great dance party. He was an absolutely fantastic DJ for us as well and had everyone involved. If you want to have your wedding go better than you ever imagined look to Douglas. He will make certain that your wedding plan is executed perfectly, and help you relax and melt into the magical experience that a wedding should be. I cannot recommend him more. Thank you, Douglas!!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/09/2017

Douglas was seriously the BEST and we couldn't have asked for more or better. He did our ceremony exactly how we wanted it and thought of so many things nobody else had thought of! He did my wedding and my best friends wedding and I want to just hire him for any and everything because he was just that good. I can't spend all day typing all the amazing things he thought of for our event, said to make it perfect, and executed the way it should be. He is amazing! I will forever recommend Douglas!!!!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Nathan · Married on 07/30/2017

He was awesome very flexible with the ceremony. Also very professional yet easy going, very organized and even showed up a little early the day of.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Ruben · Married on 10/16/2016

Douglas was amazing to work with! Not only is he flexible, he's also reliable, professional, and knows his stuff to the T'. He was very helpful, in giving input on how to make our wedding ceremony perfect! He took the time to meet with us, to get to know us, followed up with us, and make sure that everything on our end was taken care of. He's fun to work with, and again very professional. At the day of the ceremony he arrived early and made sure we knew the next steps to take. The manner that he presented the ceremony was far above and beyond, afterwards i had many guests coming to me complimenting Douglas on the amazing ceremony he had performed, saying that that was they have heard. I highly recommend Douglas Bethers! He walked us step by step on what to expect. By far he is the best!

Sent on 10/26/2016

I got married in October and I booked Douglas very last minute and he was so helpful! I'm so grateful for him! He helped the groomsman and bridesmaids rehearse before the ceremony as well as bringing everything we wanted into the ceremony. The way he wrote our ceremony after meeting us just once was amazing! He was so kind and caring. I couldn't have asked for a better officiant! He's very personable and I would recommend him to any couple looking for an officiant.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2016

Douglas was BEYOND amazing as our officiant. We both come from religious backgrounds (yup, you guessed it) but aren't terribly religious ourselves and let's just say that I was worried Douglas may have to walk a tight rope so to speak. But, with his eloquence, candor and compassion he made our ceremony the best part of our wedding (which is saying a lot because we really loved our wedding). I was looking for someone who would genuinely want to marry us and appreciate how in love we are and how much this day meant to us. SO, if you are out their looking for someone to capture this moment and truly deeply celebrate your union......stop looking. Just trust me on this ok? Douglas is your officiant! You can thank me latter ;)

Sent on 12/19/2016
  • F

Fanny · Married on 10/14/2016

If you want something beautiful, special, romantic and more... you should choose to Douglas for your wedding!!!! He is a person who takes care of all the details for a perfect and magic wedding. He also has a great personality and charisma, for me he is the best!!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Kait · Married on 09/24/2016

Not only is Douglas all around a kind and helpful individual, but he was the best officiant we could have asked for. He was so patient with all the questions my husband and I had and answered them thoroughly. When we freaked out because we were feeling unprepared a month before the wedding, he was willing to sit down and discuss any questions we had regarding the ceremony until we were satisfied and feeling better. He's also full of great advice, like taking a few moments after the ceremony to collect ourselves away from the guests. It made us feel very in control. And of course, there's the fact that Douglas was very familiar with our venue and just what usually goes wrong at weddings. He was able to give us advice from his own past experiences and helped up avoid any disappointment. My wedding went off without a single thing going wrong and I credit Douglas for A LOT of that. He is, in my opinion, the best man for the job. Every single one of our guests were in tears because of the beautiful way he conducted the ceremony. And they all absolutely loved him just as much as we did.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Jamie · Married on 08/27/2016

Reverend Bethers was the best choice I could have made when it came to an officiant. He customized our ceremony to make it specific to us and made it seem like he'd known us forever! He walked us through the big day and made sure everyone knew what to do and made everything run so smooth! I've had many compliments on how wonderful our ceremony was. He's the best!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Anne · Married on 08/20/2016

Doug was amazing to plan and work with leading up to our big day! I was worried about finding an amazing officiant for our destination wedding, but Doug quickly put my worries to rest. He made sure we communicated throughout the planning process and we felt very prepared going into our wedding day. Our ceremony was beautiful and thoughtful. Doug was very articulate and did a great job capturing our personalities. Our guests kept saying how wonderful the ceremony was, too. We are so happy we found Doug for our big day!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Reanna · Married on 08/19/2016

Douglas is the most professional, responsive and caring Officiate! He met with me multiple times and customized vows for my husband and I. He took the stress off of what we would say and how we would say it, he literally thinks the whole ceremony through, even the simples things you don't think about like timing of when you walk down the aisle, and simple things as to step out of the way for your first picture as husband and wife. He has it already planned out, especially when you don't!!
    He will take the time out of his schedule to make sure it is perfectly customized, and he even sends cute messages the morning of your wedding to remind you of the things you need and to wish you the very best day!
    I am so lucky that I picked Douglas Bethers, he was worth every penny!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Alyssa · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband and I are so happy with our choice of Douglas to be our officiant. When we started our search for an officiant we were living out of state and when I requested a Skype interview Douglas was all for it! After getting to know a little bit about Douglas and his process from our skype interview we felt completely comfortable. The first time we met Douglas in person was at our rehearsal and instantly I knew we had made the right choice for him to be the person to marry us! He is so kind and sincere. Douglas made our ceremony completely personal and took the time to get to know us to ensure that he would be. Knowing how much our dogs mean to us, he actually found a way to include them as well. Not only is Douglas an incredible officiant, he also has many vendor reccomendations that were very helpful. He was always prompt to respond to emails and answered all of our questions and gave us suggestions. Overall if you choose Douglas you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Daniel · Married on 07/27/2016

Douglas was amazing to work with! We weren't sure what to expect when hiring an officiant, but Douglas exceeded our expectations in every way! We started off by meeting for around an hour where Douglas got to know our story, our personalities and how we would like our ceremony to go. He met with our wedding party on our rehearsal day to help us with the walk through and make sure we were all ready for the big day. On the day of the wedding, Douglas showed up over an hour early and even pitched in to help make sure all the groomsman had their boutineers on as he could tell we were stressing over making sure all the final details were in order. After the ceremony, Douglas handled the filing of our marriage license so that when we got home from our honeymoon our license was waiting in the mailbox. In the end, the money we spent on hiring Douglas as our officiant was the most well spent money of the entire wedding, and it wasn't even close!

Sent on 08/27/2016