Doug Winters Music/Best Kept Secret Reviews

50 Reviews for Doug Winters Music/Best Kept Secret

Doug Winters Music/Best Kept Secret 1
Doug Winters Music/Best Kept Secret 2

Christina Bean · Married on 04/27/2019

Made the wedding night unforgettable

The Doug Winters band is beyond amazing! I highly recommend! Everyone kept asking about the band and saying they’re the best band they’ve heard- I agree completely. We had everyone on the dance floor. Made us feel special on our big day!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Doug Winters Music/Best Kept Secret's reply:

Thank you, Christina. We had such a great time -- it was a joy to be a part of your beautiful wedding. Here's to🥂a lifetime of love and happiness for you and Jeff!

jill rosenthal · Married on 04/26/2019

My 60 th Birthday Bash- Best music ever !!!

Doug Winters Music played at my 60th Birthday Bash- Music was outstanding, my guests danced the night away. Couldn't have asked for a better night ..Doug was super easy to communicate with and he did not leave a stone unturned.. He was always available and answered all my questions quickly...His band made the night sooooo much fun!!!!!!!!! It will be a night I will always remember and to date the BEST night of my life!!!!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Richard S · Married on 10/14/2018

Benefactor

Doug Winter and his group were excellent. They played the music we requested without our having to specify individual songs. They captured the mood of the environment. The volume was perfect. I would hire them again.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Trisha · Married on 07/07/2018

The Doug Winters band was the best decision I made for my wedding! They are SO much fun and sound absolutely amazing. All of us had to keep reminding ourselves that it was live music because the singers sounded so much like the original artists. At several points, the singers came out into the crowd and sang surrounded by the crowd - it was exhilarating and a blast. Don't hesitate - book this band today.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Jane · Married on 04/21/2018

We were referred to Doug Winters by a friend who had been to a wedding where the band had played. As soon as we spoke with Doug on the phone to introduce ourselves to see if he would be available to play at our wedding, we knew it was a great match. His positive energy and enthusiasm for music made working with him such a blast. Doug was always available whenever we needed to hop on a call and he had amazing advice on all music related parts of the day. Even our wedding planner told us how much she liked working with Doug because he was more organized than any other band she'd worked with before. When we finally met him at the reception he did not disappoint! Everyone was up and dancing the entire reception. Even days after the wedding we had friends and family calling us to tell us how amazing the band was and how much fun they had. Thank you, Doug, for living up to your reputation and making sure we had the best night ever. It wouldn't have been the same without you! If you're looking for energy, a smiling face, and a night full of dancing, then look no further than Doug Winters Best Kept Secret.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Denina · Married on 03/18/2018

Doug and his team were a God send. I planned a 120 person wedding in 2 months, and the least of my worries was the band! Doug worked with me on budget, the evening's itinerary, including details of ceremony music, special requests, all the way to the end with an after party! Now that is just the planning. The band executed with professionalism and literally had people asking me who they were and where I found them -- all night! So I had to explain that they were God sent. I cannot recommend Doug & the Best Kept Secret in any higher terms. YOU WANT THEM. TRUST ME. They will make your night! I'm still in the after glow of the glory! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

We had a terrific time dancing to the music of The Doug Winters Band at our daughter's wedding. The music was so much fun to dance to and the band members read the crowd well. The dance floor was packed all night long with all ages having a great time. We highly recommend this band and enjoyed working with them in the months preceding the wedding.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Martin · Married on 09/09/2017

We loved working with Doug Winters and his band, all total pros. He and the whole team showed generosity and panache, and most of all showed that they know how to put on a real party. The band could read the room, and kept our guests on the dance-floor. We only wish we could've had them play until dawn. And though we've never even met the guy, we consider Doug a new friend. We cannot recommend the Doug Winters band more highly.
    — Emily & Martin

Sent on 11/05/2017

Jill · Married on 07/16/2016

Doug Winters was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. A friend had recommended him and his band saying they had "made their daughter's wedding." My son's wedding was 2 days ago and we are all still in the glow of it and what a fantastic party it was thanks in large part to Doug. He is knowledgeable and helpful every step of the way and delivers a polished professional band. They played all of the hot dance music from any era you want plus the hot summer hits from right now. The singers sounded terrific and our guests danced and danced and sang and partied the night away.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Jeff · Married on 06/04/2016

The only thing that can match Doug Winters enthusiasm is the amazing music that Best Kept Secret was playing during our wedding. Doug made planning the music part of the wedding painless, and I LOVED talking to him. I requested he learn some songs for us which he was more than happy to do, and Best Kept Secret played them flawlessly. They were able to make last minute changes on the day of with amazing results. I forgot to mention to Doug that our venue had a piano where we held the cocktail hour; he asked me if I wanted him to play it about an hour before the cocktail hour started. He did a fantastic job, as did Best Kept Secret did during the reception itself!

Literally every single person that I talked to LOVED the music - A couple of people mentioned it was the best wedding band they'd ever heard. They got everyone moving both for fast and slow dancing, and played a very wide variety of different music. The dance floor was full at almost all times. My bride told me that she regretted not getting a videographer so she could have seen and heard more of the band!

If you are looking for a wedding band, you could not possibly do better than Doug Winters and Best Kept Secret. I am so glad we booked with them and next time I have an event where a band is needed, it will be Best Kept Secret.

Sent on 06/05/2016

My husband has preached the Three B's to our four daughters since they began dreaming of their future wedding days: Best Friends, Bar and BAND.
    Doug Winters delivered a huge sound from the band. He brought 3 singers and 8 musicians to our wedding (the horn section was tremendous value add) They began by playing a set as everyone walked into the tent. From that moment on it was hard to get people to sit. All they wanted to do is be on the floor for 4 hours dancing to Doug's band. My husband declared in his father of the bride toast, "We have all our best friends here tonight, the bar is never going to run out of liquor and we have the BEST WEDDING BAND EVER!" The crowd went nuts! Book Doug today for your wedding celebration. Count your blessings if he is available. You deal with Doug directly so there is no overhead charge and you know just what you are getting. He's is a steal- and his music will steal the hearts of you and your guests. We can't wait until our next wedding! Doug will be our first call!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Heather · Married on 10/23/2015

Doug was amazing to work with... We had several special requests and he was able to accommodate every one of them! Our dance floor was filled the entire night and our guests are still raving about how great the band was! My own feet are still recovering from all the dancing I did. Recommending the band to all my friends who have upcoming weddings just so we can party with them again :)

Sent on 10/27/2015

David · Married on 08/30/2015

Best band ever. Very versatile. People danced all night. Probably the highlight of the wedding. My wife and I met with Doug well
    In advance of the wedding to talk about the options/music. Doug coordinated music for the ceremony, had jazz playing for the cocktail hour and the full band rocking out after. They played our song to perfection and did a great job with the hora! Loved our band

Sent on 09/17/2015

Reissa · Married on 08/14/2015

Doug and his band was an amazing addition to our wedding. My husband and I are both musicians and we wanted a great live band that could do a variety of styles and keep the party going. We threw so many curve balls at Doug and his band--- both my husband and I wanted to do last minute performances, my maids of honor performed a song--- and Doug MADE IT HAPPEN BEAUTIFULLY. Our first dance was to a very not well known song--- and it was flawless and amazing. Every musician in the band was incredibly talented and had heart. They all made our day incredibly special. I cannot recommend Doug Winters Music/Best Kept Secret enough. You cannot go wrong. Thanks, Doug!!!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Sean · Married on 06/12/2015

The best expense of the wedding! This band got the party going within 3 minutes. Everyone was out on the dance floor from the first song through the night begging them not to stop. I can hear a good voice but multiple musicians at the party told me they were flawless in every instrument across the board. Thank you for the best day and wedding I have ever been a part of.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Alexandra · Married on 10/18/2014

Doug Winters / Best Kept Secret was spectacular at my wedding! They had the dance floor PACKED even before our bridal party was introduced at the very beginning of the reception! Doug was a pleasure to work with during the planning process, and his and his band are so incredibly talented. They listened to our requests and truly made the evening so special for us. Throughout the 4 hour reception, the dance floor was packed. Even the solos that were performed during dinner took my breath away. I had to stop walking around greeting people at one point to just watch them sing and take it all in! My family and I are so happy to have had them play at our wedding, and we were complimented on them throughout the evening by our guests and by the manager of the club. I highly recommend Doug Winters' Best Kept Secret, they were amazing!!!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Doug Winters Music played at our wedding, and they were fantastic ! My friends are still talking about them a month later. Doug is very professional, flexible, easy to reach, and he and his band did an amazing job !!!! Hire them !

Sent on 10/28/2014

Dania · Married on 09/14/2014

Forever grateful to Doug Winter's Music Band for he was amazing from our initial contact prior to booking, to the last song of the night! He was receptive to our needs and a great listener with lots of great ideas too. He played the perfect music with perfect acoustics for the Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception. He had our guests dancing from the moment they entered the Reception. We had a packed dance floor with our guests saying over and over that this was the best Event Band they have ever heard. They were able to play and sing every special song we needed. From the teenage guests to the 93 year old Grandma, our dance floor was rocking all night! He coordinated the night's events seamless, just like we wanted. His vocalists and musicians were incredibly talented and sooo much fun. They lifted the energy of the entire Reception venue. It is true that 'The Music' is at the top of the list to make a wedding perfect and this was true with our wedding! We could not have been more pleased and thrilled with our music, Doug Winter's Music!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Juliana · Married on 07/12/2014

Doug Winters Music/Best Kept Secret is HANDS DOWN the BEST Wedding band out there. They played everything we asked and more, even if it wasn't on their playlist. They even learned a song on the fly during the wedding so my wife could sing! Every band member is great. Doug is the most professional band leader, he was the only band leader we met with, and we hired his band on the spot. All of Doug's suggestions were great and made the day so special for everyone. All of our guests said they were one of the best bands they've ever heard. Whether it was Bruce Springsteen or Montell Jordan every song sounded great. The dance floor was packed from beginning to end. Hire this band if you want your wedding to be as good as ours was! Thanks for everything Doug!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Jon · Married on 06/29/2014

Doug is great to work with. He listens and makes suggestions on how to make what you want even better. As people walked into the reception, they just started dancing. The floor was filled all night. Doug and his band can "feel" where the crowd is and he just keeps the party going. Not once did he need to ask people to dance, there was no need to, they were already up and dancing. Doug and his band were a major factor in the success of the wedding. We cannot recommend him highly enough. Everyone who has called us after the wedding has mentioned how great the music was. They are right!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Thanks to Doug Winters--our wedding felt like a party. It was amazing to see have so many of our friends and relatives up on the dance floor with us--we basically didn't have to go table to table to make the rounds because we were able to spend time with everyone on the dance floor! Doug works with you from the very first time you contact him--he even responded to a request that I sent the night before the event! He listens to all of your ideas, and tells you which ones will work, even the ones you think won't, and has suggestions for how to make everything even better. My husband and I had a fairly esoteric first dance song, which they learned very well!

Doug not only lead his amazing band and made sure the music was top notch, but he kept the party kept the evening going smoothly, and had great ideas on how to time the speeches and special dances to avoid breaking the flow of the evening. The father daughter dance was sort of an inside joke, and Doug suggested (though it wasn't planned) that my father give a little explanation behind our father-daughter dance. This suggestion is one of the examples of how Doug understands how to do a great job with events to make everyone at the reception feel included in the experience.

The band was great- when the guests were hesitant to stop partying to come watch the cake cutting, the lead singer broke into an impromptu rap about it being time to cut the cake, which got a lot of laughs and people's attention.

We were married months ago, and everyone who we talk to about the wedding mentions the band. Thanks!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Eileen · Married on 06/21/2014

Doug Winters band played at my wedding in New Canaan 6/21/14. They knocked it out of the park, our guests were going nuts dancing and the floor was packed the entire evening. It was by far the best $ I spent.

I heard them play at a friend's wedding and I knew immediately I would hire them for the same reason, they had unbelievably awesome energy and momentum, never did the evening drag as can happen in so many weddings. Kept the floor packed all night. Loved the variety in what they played, they managed to nail every song, from the classics (Neil Diamond) to the contemporary stuff (Daft Punk). Each of the players brings a bit of different variety so they don't play the same type of music all night. Their song list is extensive and the one song I wanted to play not on there they learned and played which was a huge hit!

One of the best parts about working with this band is Doug. We communicated throughout the entire process. Doug loves what he does, he knows how to read a crowd, and he knows how to make a great party. It spends time and makes an effort to get to know every couple he works with. We talked and became friends during my planning process. I've heard that some bands the manager isn't present at the event which is not the case with Doug. I wouldn't want to do the planning with someone who wasn't going to be present the day of. Doug was a pleasure to work with, very responsive and flexible.

We had so many compliments on the band from guests - "hands down best band I have ever heard at a wedding ever" "the band was to die for" "that band rocked the house" "epic wedding band" I just can't wait to get our video and relive it all again.

The advice I'd give any couple considering a band for a wedding over a DJ. Do not second guess. Get a band. It will make the wedding. And when you make that decision, give Doug a call. It will be the best decision you've made.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Lianne · Married on 04/12/2014

The band was fabulous which made it a great party!!!!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Tracy · Married on 02/01/2014

Doug and his band are simply the best! I couldn't have asked for more professional attention and I am still receiving compliments on how everything was simply perfect. I am overjoyed!

Sent on 04/14/2014