Doug Miranda Photography Reviews

92 | Sacramento, CA

92 Reviews for Doug Miranda Photography

Kourtni · Married on 08/14/2015

Doug was absolutely amazing. I had a strict budget that he was able to work around and let me know my options. The wedding day was amazing he made me feel like I knew him for ages rather than our first time meeting. He was accommendating in phone calls since it was a destination wedding. The photos turned out absolutely gorgeous better than I could have imaged!! Please take my advice and hire Doug Miranda Photography you definitely would be disappointed!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Shannon · Married on 08/08/2015

Doug is absolutely amazing! He shot our engagement session and wedding. He got to know us with our engagement session and really made it fun. He was always upbeat and kept the energy flowing. Our wedding pictures turned out better than expected. We got married at Lake Tahoe Golf Course and Doug was able to capture every important moment. He knows where and how to get those amazing shots! He also really helped us with the flow of the event, we didn't really know what to expect. He was so easy to work with, very flexible. I really trusted him the whole time, he even helped my husband bustle my wedding dress after the ceremony. Doug is also great at getting your proofs back to you fast!! I would recommend him for anything. Our wedding pictures are absolutely amazing and I am so happy we stumbled across his website!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Thank you so much, Doug! I am so happy with these photos. And they were done early, too! We had our ceremony at Strawberry Lodge near South Lake Tahoe, and Doug really helped us make the most of our beautiful surroundings. From the first phone call I felt very comfortable with Doug, and I think all our wedding guests did, too, based on the really natural candid shots he got. Before the ceremony he was flexible and calm while i slightly panicked that our bouquets hadn't arrived yet! During the ceremony and reception I blinked and he was gone, that's how fast he moved, but he always seemed to be ready for the pictures that I spur-of-the-moment wanted. He gave us enough direction that we didn't feel awkward, but also was able to seem to recede into the background to take these really romantic portraits where we felt he wasn't there. Thank you again, Doug. What beautiful and special memories you've given us!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Elliot · Married on 06/22/2015

Photography-

Doug's photography is absolutely stunning. I studied a lot of different vendors' photography before deciding on Doug. While most other vendor's will settle with a style, either being traditional or more artful, Doug's photography settles in the happy medium. My wife and I were shocked at how absolutely stunning his photos came out to be. Doug really knew how to play with the light and the environment to get the photos just to his liking.

Professionalism-

Our first experience with Doug was at our engagement session photo shoot. Doug was extremely patient with us in terms of selecting a venue for the session. He had excellent communication and responsiveness, and he took the time to get to know what kind of environment we would like and helped give direction to a couple places in the area that were good for photos. My wife and I are pretty camera shy when it comes to people who do not know us, and we were nervous about seeming overly staged or unnaturally loving in our photos. Doug was very relaxed and helped give direction, which of course seemed awkward at first, but his positive attitude and feedback really helped us in the process of modeling for the photos and made what could have been a really tedious and awkward situation into a very enjoyable and memorable day.

Value-

Doug Miranda is hands down the best thing that happened to my wedding. I ran a pretty frugal wedding, trying to cut corners here and there, but one thing the two things that my wife and I decided to not be to cheap on was the venue on the photographer. Doug Miranda and his wife, bless them both, were truly a marvel on their own. Doug has a calm yet commanding presence. I was cheap and didn't get a wedding planner, and Doug still somehow managed to organize 80 people, only half of whom spoke any English, to a quick and timely photo session. I want to say more on this review but there is a character limit. ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW- DOUG IS WORTH EVERY CENT.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Maggie · Married on 06/20/2015

Doug photographed my wedding 3 weeks ago at the Old SUgar Mill. I absolutely loved working with him. He made the whole process so easy. He listened to all of my ideas and even made them better than I had ever imagined. He did a wonderful job capturing the entire day of my marriage to my husband. I just finished looking at all of my photos and there is not a single one that I do not like. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Erica · Married on 05/23/2015

Doug is fantastic! Not only does he capture beautiful pictures of us in the best light, he kept us on time; was extremely flexible as he guided us through the multitude of family photo combinations; and made sure that we were still having fun! Any photographer who can chorale a herd of non speaking english relatives to take a beautiful photo while still being professional and upbeat is a photographer you want. On top of it all, he and his wife are so sweet and nice which made the crazy day a little less stressful so that we could just enjoy ourselves. Even after our wedding, he is still so responsive and professional! We waited almost 5 months to process our photos and get our wedding album, and when we emailed him, he responded the same day and catered to our needs within 2 weeks. For half the price of what some of the other photographers were able to quote, Doug provided superior service! I would recommend him to everyone I know.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/17/2015

We were fortunate enough to have rain on our wedding day and Doug Miranda there to capture some amazing & unique photos. Doug was fully prepared to take photos outside in the rain and happy to do it. Our photos turned out better than anything we could ever have hoped for and we will definitely recommend Doug Miranda to anyone in need of a fantastic photographer! Doug also took our winter engagement photos and they were equally as beautiful. My husband and I are not the most photogenic people in the world but Doug always had great ideas to capture our special moments.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Hailea · Married on 05/16/2015

Doug is a fantastic photographer! He photographed my engagement and wedding photos and the pictures turned out beautiful. There were so many stunning pictures to choose from, it was hard to decide my few favorites to put in picture frames. He is also friendly and easy to work with. I had to arrange my engagement session last minute, and we were able to find a time to meet up. His schedule is pretty flexible and he does what he can to help you out. You also get your pictures back quickly, which is great! I could hardly wait to see mine and so I was happy I didn't have to wait long. If you are looking for a wedding photographer, I would highly recommend Doug.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Rosie · Married on 05/09/2015

Where to begin?
    Doug is amazing! He not only went out of his way to come to the Bay Area for our engagement and wedding but also scouted out both locations ahead of time so he would know what he was working with! He was so much fun to work with and definitely knew how to make us feel at ease. When we saw our engagement photos we felt nothing could top them, but then we got the wedding photos! They are breathtaking, flawless and captured each moment perfectly! My husband and I are not very intimate towards eachother in public however Doug managed to capture just that. In addition he also had great ideas for poses because we were at a loss, super helpful, super responsive and so much fun!
    I would recommend him to anyone for their engagement and wedding!

Sent on 05/24/2015

We loved the pictures Doug had on his website so we met with him. We were immediately comfortable with him. He is gracious, funny and really listens. He went beyond our expectations. Our photographs really captured who we are and the spirit of the day.

Sent on 05/17/2015

Doug did our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. Both turned out amazing!!! I can't even describe how great they turned out! We had some crazy wind during our engagement session but Doug was still able to get some great shots. Doug and his wife did our wedding and they were so fun and relaxed. We were both nervous but they put us at ease and made us feel comfortable. And the pictures turned out so much better than I could have ever imagined!! He got them to us very quick and he was so easy to communicate with and very responsive. He also has very reasonable prices and you get way more than what you pay for!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Veronica · Married on 06/20/2014

I couldn't be happier with my wedding photos! Doug captured our wedding day beautifully! He is extremely professional and easy to talk to. Our photos were ready for viewing in just a couple of weeks. He also made a very nice slideshow online that I could send to anyone to preview our photos. Today I received a USB from him with all of the digital files from our engagement session & wedding day! I have nothing but positive things to say about our experience working with Doug Miranda! I highly recommend Doug to any couple planning to get married!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/21/2014

Choosing DOUG MIRANDA to be our wedding photographer was a smart choice! Not only are the photos fantastic, but having Doug's expertise to coach and guide us through (all the poses and groupings) made it completely stress-free for me, the Bride,---yea! :-) His calm, pleasant demeanor and professionalism made it a piece of cake for my husband and me to relax, to simply focus on the happiness of our ceremony, family, and enjoy our dinner party while Doug took care of arranging all the photos to properly capture the entire event. Thank you, Doug, for the beautiful, artistic photos for our keepsake forever memories of our wedding!!

Sent on 07/03/2014

T · Married on 02/18/2014

Doug is the best you can find for pictures for your big event. I found him online while looking at my wedding venue, Edgewood in Lake Tahoe. He did our wedding on 2/18/14. He has done many weddings at Edgewood and knows the place like the back of his hand. He does amazing pictures. He will go above and beyond to get as many of the best pictures with the best lighting and background. He is a great guy to work with. He is very sweet and funny. He did our engagement photos also, he took us to an amazing location and took breathtaking pictures. He worked great with all the vendors to make sure everything was perfect.

Sent on 03/25/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

Doug was amazing every step of the way. He was very professional, yet had a good sense of humor at the same time. We have not yet received our wedding photos since we got married only a week ago, but he showed us a few shots he took and they looked gorgeous. He has an eye for detail and between him and his assistant, they got some great shots. We were very happy that we chose Doug to photograph such an important day in our lives!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Such a great guy to work with!

Sent on 08/25/2012

Marisela · Married on 05/30/2010

We worked with Doug at a wedding in Tahoe and he was wonderful! Just a creative mind and super nice and respectful to guests and vendors. And his work is amazing! He had these sites in mind and the pictures came our fabulous! We loved worked with him and hope to do so again.

Sent on 08/12/2010