Doug Miranda Photography Reviews

92 | Sacramento, CA

92 Reviews for Doug Miranda Photography

• Megan

Megan · Married on 04/01/2017

Words cannot describe how amazing, professional, helpful and friendly Doug is! We used Doug for both our engagement photos and for our wedding day! His communication is amazing! Very responsive and always answered all of my questions…no matter how random or obvious that they were. My husband and I were very nervous because we are both more introverted and awkward when it comes to being the center of attention. But Doug gave us great instruction when we needed it when posing and it felt so easy and natural to be around him. He is so talented and we could see while he’s working how committed he is as well as how much he enjoys it :) You know you have a GREAT photographer when he’s on the ground and trucking through waist high grass to get that perfect shot or smiling as he looks at the picture he just took on the camera. Not only was Doug amazing, but his assistant, Emily was just as hard working and friendly on our wedding day. She captured amazing shots as well and was working right alongside Doug the whole day. When looking through our wedding pictures, I definitely feel as though Doug caught our love in moments that day and they make my heart happy :) If I have any other photography needs, I would book Doug again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Danovich · Married on 03/04/2017

Doug and his wife were absolutely amazing!!! They took photos of everything and captured some truly special moments for us. We showed the photos to our parents and there are moments he captured that make them tear up. My wife and I couldn't be happier with their work! They are wonderful people and they cater to whatever you want them to do. They came all the way from Sacramento to Lake Tahoe for our wedding in the middle of winter. It was so awesome that they did that for us! We are so glad that we chose Doug for our wedding photos! Thank you guys so much for everything--our photos are incredible!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Sean · Married on 10/15/2016

Doug is an amazing photographer and was a joy to work with. Our wedding was outdoors in October, and, lucky us, it poured rain! For Doug it was no problem. He got us out to take photos before the downpour, and managed to get beautiful photos even with all of the water. He was especially good at capturing *that moment*--you know the one that you'll treasure forever. He also really knew how to work with the setting to create the most amazing and dramatic photos.

What else can I say?! If you need the best, get Doug!

Sent on 02/23/2017

David · Married on 10/08/2016

Doug did a fantastic job shooting both our wedding and our engagement shoot. He was incredibly easy to work with, responsive, responsible, and handled last minute changes (as there always are at weddings) with aplomb. We were more than thrilled with the results - all our families and friends couldn't believe how professional all the photos looked. I'd highly recommend Doug to all my friends and family!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Christi · Married on 10/01/2016

We love Doug! We found him on The Knot after doing tons of research on photographers, we knew he would be the best fit! Working with him was so easy, especially since we planned our Lake Tahoe wedding from New York City. Doug was able to fit us in for engagement photos in less than a week, and even drove over an hour to make our snowy photos a reality! On our wedding day, we got him- and his wife- for the price of one photographer. My husband and I are awkward people, but with the consistent direction and ideas from Doug our photos look incredible. There's a reason he's a favorite on the Knot! We would choose Doug again and again!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Charlotte · Married on 09/17/2016

Doug and his wife Christine were wonderful to work with. We booked their 7-hour wedding package, and it was the perfect amount of time; they were able to capture me getting ready with my family, my now-husband, Louis, with his friends, sentimental moments throughout the day, ample family photos, hilarious dancing shots, and, of course, all the special little details: the dress, the shoes, the table settings, the bouquet, the boutonnieres.

Louis and I were admittedly nervous about getting our photos taken, so we opted to have Doug take our engagement photos in large part to loosen us up ahead of the big day. Doug was so friendly and easy to work with; he set us at ease and told us exactly what to do to capture some great shots.

As others have written in their reviews, Doug is prompt and reliable. He answers emails quickly (a must!), shows up on time, and is flexible when things don't go according to plan. And let's face it: when it comes to weddings, things never quite go according to plan!

Long story short, I highly recommend using Doug for your wedding photography.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Nina · Married on 09/11/2016

This review is long overdue. Doug Miranda and his assistant were absolutely fantastic! While planning our wedding I knew that finding a professional photographer was my number one priority. While searching for photographers on the Knot I came across one of Doug's photo albums and knew he was the one to hire. Since I have a photography background myself I was quite picky with the types of photos I wanted, but this was no challenge for Doug. We met in October in Grass Valley, CA for our engagement shoot. Doug was very personable and guided us through his process and made us feel very comfortably being in front of the camera. He was very open to suggestions and put his artistic spin on different angles and shots. Having the engagement session was great to get to know each other and made the wedding day so much more relaxed. We got married at Zephyr Cove, NV in the afternoon/evening. The photos came out beautiful. We couldn't have asked for more. My husband and I both highly recommend choosing Doug to capturing your most memorable day.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/03/2016

I saw Doug's website and was in awe of his portfolio. I knew i had to have him photograph our wedding. We set up an engagement shoot and met Doug in person. He was so nice, humble, understanding and easy to work with. He made our engagement shoot so comfortable and so natural (its quite unnatural to do lovey dove poses in front of someone you hardly know). We appreciated his tips and his ability to guide us on how to pose for shots, all while being professional. I loved how I would shoot ideas at him, and he would run with it. Our photos were absolutely stunning. Our friends and family raved about them. Our wedding day was no different. Doug and his wife, Christine were an absolute pleasure to work with. A few weeks before, Doug and I had put together a timeline and spoke over the phone of exactly what pictures we had wanted done the day of (getting ready, first look, ceremony, formal family portraits, candid, reception, dancing, etc). He even went to our venue the morning of our wedding to scope out potential first look locations before his time started. Doug and his wife went with the flow on every delay that occurred and any challenges that may have come up. During our ceremony, we didn't even notice either of them taking photos or throughout throughout the night for that matter. We were so pleased and happy with the photos when we received them in his incredible 3 week turn around. He truly captured every highlight of our special day. Another thing we loved and a huge reason we went with Doug was his impressive eye for composition, lighting, and overall detail and his knowledge of photography. While searching for a photographer, we noticed many of them overly photoshopped their photos to make them have the wow factor, but Doug is so talented that the photos he took were breathtaking in their raw form. Our photos were beautiful. I would absolutely recommend Doug to be your photographer for any special occasion - he truly is amazing!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Natalie · Married on 08/27/2016

I recently was married at Zephyr Cove, Lake Tahoe. It was a destination wedding and I had never been there before so I was a bit nervous not knowing the location. From the minute I first spoke with Doug, I knew it was all going to go well. He shuffled his schedule around and was able to photograph our wedding . He had been to the site before and was able to describe the location and knew what shots to get. The photos were amazing. He was able to capture all the love and happiness of our day. All of our family and friends comment on the emotions you can feel when you look at our pictures.

Doug was very prompt with communications prior to the wedding with emails and phone calls, flexible, friendly and showed up right on time. He worked with our families well to get the family portraits and I got multiple comments on how nice our photographer is throughout our wedding day. He was always calm and patient. He was a pleasure to have at our wedding.

I would not change a thing about our wedding day including our photographer, Doug Miranda. I would highly recommend him for any family member, friend or acquaintance's wedding day.

Sent on 09/23/2016

Miriam · Married on 07/30/2016

If you want the best coverage of your special day from start to finish, Doug is your person!
    5.0 star rating 8/28/2016
    Our daughter and new husband hired Doug to cover their recent wedding up in Strawberry, Ca. His ability to capture not only the moments, but also the emotions and nuances of the entire day and evening makes the day come alive again and again as we look through the pictures. His use of light and his expertise of weaving the natural surroundings into the photos captures the essence of the festivities, from the preparations to the last dance, all was captured masterfully.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Katie · Married on 07/29/2016

Where do I begin......working with Doug Miranda and his wife was such a fun and memorable experience. My husband and I could not have picked a better person/team to capture one of the most special days in both of our lives. Not only is Doug a great photographer but such an easy person to work with. He is very prompt with emails and phone calls and turns around all photos in a timely fashion. If you are thinking about choosing Doug, do not look any further.....he is one of the best photographers I have ever met. He will make your wedding pictures look amazing. We cannot thank Doug enough for all of the amazing photos that we have capturing not only our Wedding Day but our Engagement Photos as well as entire family Christmas Photos.
    Thanks so much Doug!
    Derek & Katie West

Sent on 08/11/2016
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 06/25/2016

GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER-we used Doug to capture our wedding/engagement photos. He was a pleasure to work with. We took our engagement photos at UC Davis Arboretum and they came out really nice. Our wedding photos were tricky because we didn't think he would be able to find any good locations to take our group and family photos-we were wrong the angles and lighting he captured gave the photos a different feel. You can tell he has captured several weddings because he helped keep us on track and close to schedule. And we received our photos within 2 weeks! His work is really good, I plan on contacting him again for family photos. He is highly recommended.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Candice · Married on 06/24/2016

Doug was our photographer for our June wedding at the Chateau at Incline Village.

The event was beautiful and went off without a hitch, in large part because of professionalism and expertise of all of our wedding vendors.

Working with Doug Miranda was awesome; he was very accommodating and responsive to our e-mails and phone calls, which was important to us as this was a destination wedding.

We recently received our wedding photos and could not be happier. Every detail was photographed and the pictures are beautiful. The collection of photos provide a wonderful timeline of the day and I can't help but smile each time I look at them.

Our family and friends all commented on the beauty of the wedding and the fun memories they shared with us that day, and now we have wonderful pictures to go along with these amazing memories. I would highly recommend Doug to anyone looking for a photographer in the Lake Tahoe area!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Veronica · Married on 06/04/2016

We are SO please with our engagement and wedding pictures! Doug and his wife, Christine, were wonderful to work with - they kept the day on pace and never got frustrated with the craziness of family, etc. The pictures came back super fast, and they are beautiful! Doug was able to capture all our special moments as well as the uniqueness of our wedding. Additionally, Doug maintained excellent communication before, during, and after the wedding. He worked around our schedules and was very patient with last minute changes. Thank you, Doug!!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Jason · Married on 05/14/2016

Doug is awesome and amazing! He's so easy to work with. He's flexible with schedule, style of photos, location of engagement shooting. Doug gave us suggestions when we asked. He was very responsive to emails and phone calls.

During the wedding reception and ceremony, my wife and I didn't notice him at all which is ideal. We just loved working with him. And the photos turned out beautiful and delivered by the time promised. Just call him already.

Sent on 06/11/2016

Heather · Married on 04/16/2016

Hiring Doug to capture our wedding was the best decision we made! We was amazing to work with through the entire process, always got back to us promptly, extremely friendly and helpful. He showed up early, left late, and made sure he got every picture we wanted. We have had many comments from our guests about what a friendly and great guy he was. When we received the pictures I was speechless, they were absolutely stunning. We were married on Lake Tahoe, my main request was that he capture the beautiful background in many of the photos. His photos surpassed anything I was expecting. I have had nothing but great feedback from family and friends that have sen them, everyone agrees that they are breathtaking. I also love all the candid photos on the dance floor and interactions. Again, we are so happy with our decision to hire Doug. I will, and have, suggested him to anyone in our life in need of a great photographer!

Sent on 05/14/2016

Bensun · Married on 04/02/2016

Doug was so great!! He was quick to respond to emails and kept in touch throughout the whole process. He was really easy to get along with and was available for any questions/concerns we had leading up to the wedding.

He was really patient on the day of our wedding, especially with our big wedding party, and gave good directions. He was aware of the fine details (ie. switching bridesmaids’ places based on how their hair fell, hair in the bridesmaids’ face, getting a groomsman to button his jacket, etc).

We received compliments from our friends and family about Doug and our stunning pictures (which he got to us so quickly!) We would definitely recommend Doug to anyone looking for a great photographer!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Stacy · Married on 11/21/2015

I don't even know where to start with how amazing Doug Miranda is at Photography! He took amazing photos of our wedding two weeks ago and we couldn't be happier. The engagement photo shoot was amazing, we got to pick our location, Doug was on time, and did an amazing job. He had an assistant with him at our wedding, we had them both for 10 hours, and they took photos of every moment we could have asked for. He was very professional throughout the 11 months we got to know him and we wouldn't want anyone else to photograph our family! We got ALL of our engagement photo and wedding photos just 1 week after the wedding! Talk about fast!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Adrianne · Married on 10/03/2015

Doug was our photographer for our 10/3/15 Wedding in South Lake Tahoe. He also shot our engagement photos earlier in the year. I cannot say enough great things about Doug and his amazing work! I would give him 10 stars if such a thing existed!!

Doug is an incredible photographer, and it’s clearly shown in his stunning photographs. Doug was an absolute pleasure to work with, responding quickly to emails & inquiries, and helping us plan the type of photos we wanted to take on the big day.

Doug made both my fiancee and I feel so at ease and comfortable, and really listened & took the type of “artsy” photos that we wanted. Doug was also great with giving us suggestions for poses.. he has a great attention to detail and made sure we looked perfect in our pictures.

On the day of, Doug was so calm and organized, even with crazed groups of the wedding party all around him. He kept us on schedule with taking all of the shots we wanted, and my fiancee and I could not be happier with how the photos turned out. Thank you Doug!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/25/2015

There are truly not enough wonderful things I can say about Doug! When it comes to a wedding one of the biggest, if not THE biggest decisions you will make is your photographer. You rely on this person to capture the most precious moments from the most important day of your life. Doug was absolutely the perfect person for the job. His personality is wonderful and for a couple who had never taken a professional photo before he had us feeling relaxed from the first moment we spoke to him. Our engagement photo session felt like a day spent with a friend, with lots of laughs as he guided us to capture the most beautiful and natural photos. I was worried about the weather that day (it was cloudy and had rained that morning), but his knowledge of photography was truly visible when we saw the photos and how he was able to capture the best lighting and angles! Next was the wedding and Doug worked as hard as anyone could to get the best photos, and despite the fact both bride and groom found themselves running close to an hour behind schedule and it turned out to be close to 100 degrees that day, our photos are FANTASTIC!!! He processed the photos very fast and we have been looking at them non-stop ever since. We absolutely love our photos and I would recommend Doug to any couple who is looking for a truly professional photographer who is wonderful to work with and get to know!

**If you have a moment check out the beautiful slideshow he created for us for our Sacramento Wedding at The Westin... It still brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Heather · Married on 09/19/2015

Doug was absolutely awesome to work with for both our engagement and our wedding photos. From the first time we talked to him, everything went smoothly and we felt very comfortable working with him. My husband and I both work hectic schedules and Doug was extremely flexible with our dates and locations.

We did our engagement photos during the winter in Tahoe and he was so accommodating and even scoped out some good locations prior to the session. Our engagement session was fun and we got our photos very quickly and we love them!

Our wedding was on one of the hottest days of the year in the Santa Cruz mountains and Doug worked so hard to get every shot possible. He was also a calming presence for me on my wedding day as I was a bit stressed out and we had a lot of good laughs. He absolutely captured who we are as a couple and got some great candid shots of our wedding and our guests. Again, we received our photos very quickly and are beyond happy with how they turned out. We would highly recommend Doug Miranda Photography to anyone who is looking to have a great experience and amazing professional photos.

Thank you again, Doug, for such a great experience!

-Heather & Frank

Sent on 10/20/2015

Kirsten · Married on 09/17/2015

If you want the best photographs to remember your special day, Doug is the photographer for you. He did our engagement photos, as well as, our wedding (this past September at Zephyr Cove). The photos turned out spectacular, we are so happy! He knew the venue perfectly, not excluding sunset for that area and the photos reflected that.

I am definitely someone who is not comfortable in front of the camera, but Doug's expertise, professionalism and laid back nature took that all away.

We just could not be happier with his services. He took so much stress out of the day. His responses were always prompt and helpful. We cannot recommend him enough!

Thank you Doug for your creative work and creating great memories for Greg and I! Stay tuned for the maternity photos call because that is up next and we are coming your way!

Sent on 04/06/2016

We were married about a year ago in Lake Tahoe. I was just going through the photos again this weekend and was reminded of how great Doug was. The pictures are gorgeous!!! He was truly able to capture every part of our day. Doug is great to work with! He was responsive, prompt and very easy going. He made our pictures effortless - I highly recommend working with him!

Sent on 10/03/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/30/2015

Doug was fantastic with both our engagement and wedding photos! He came well prepared and worked with us prior to the shoot to find out exactly what we were looking for. He was also extremely kind and patient with us throughout the hectic wedding weekend. And because of his calm and welcoming presence the smiles and laughter came easily during the engagement shoot and wedding portraits.

Both the wedding and engagement photos were given to use in a timely manner. The photo gallery that he put together for us to view was easily accessible and well done. We absolutely LOVE all of the photos that were taken at the wedding! He caught all the great moments from saying our vows to dancing with guests at the reception. Cannot be more excited to share these photos with friends and family.Thank you, Doug!

Would highly recommend Doug Miranda Photography.

-Olivia & Jay

Sent on 09/11/2015

Julie · Married on 08/18/2015

Doug was amazing! Thank you so much! My husband and I were blown away with how the photos came out! He is a fantastic photographer. Doug was very professional and fun to work with. He really knows what he is doing and gives specific directions on how to pose, while listening to what you also want.
    We planned our wedding from far away and Doug always answered to all our questions very quickly. We wanted to do a first look but didn't know where exactly and Doug helped us by suggesting a couple different places. Doug was also very quick and got us our wedding pictures way earlier than expected. I would highly recommend Doug for anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer!!

Sent on 09/19/2015