Doug Miranda Photography Reviews

Doug Miranda Photography 5
Doug Miranda Photography 6
Doug Miranda Photography 7

Heather · Married on 04/16/2016

Hiring Doug to capture our wedding was the best decision we made! We was amazing to work with through the entire process, always got back to us promptly, extremely friendly and helpful. He showed up early, left late, and made sure he got every picture we wanted. We have had many comments from our guests about what a friendly and great guy he was. When we received the pictures I was speechless, they were absolutely stunning. We were married on Lake Tahoe, my main request was that he capture the beautiful background in many of the photos. His photos surpassed anything I was expecting. I have had nothing but great feedback from family and friends that have sen them, everyone agrees that they are breathtaking. I also love all the candid photos on the dance floor and interactions. Again, we are so happy with our decision to hire Doug. I will, and have, suggested him to anyone in our life in need of a great photographer!

Sent on 05/14/2016

Bensun · Married on 04/02/2016

Doug was so great!! He was quick to respond to emails and kept in touch throughout the whole process. He was really easy to get along with and was available for any questions/concerns we had leading up to the wedding.

He was really patient on the day of our wedding, especially with our big wedding party, and gave good directions. He was aware of the fine details (ie. switching bridesmaids’ places based on how their hair fell, hair in the bridesmaids’ face, getting a groomsman to button his jacket, etc).

We received compliments from our friends and family about Doug and our stunning pictures (which he got to us so quickly!) We would definitely recommend Doug to anyone looking for a great photographer!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Stacy · Married on 11/21/2015

I don't even know where to start with how amazing Doug Miranda is at Photography! He took amazing photos of our wedding two weeks ago and we couldn't be happier. The engagement photo shoot was amazing, we got to pick our location, Doug was on time, and did an amazing job. He had an assistant with him at our wedding, we had them both for 10 hours, and they took photos of every moment we could have asked for. He was very professional throughout the 11 months we got to know him and we wouldn't want anyone else to photograph our family! We got ALL of our engagement photo and wedding photos just 1 week after the wedding! Talk about fast!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Adrianne · Married on 10/03/2015

Doug was our photographer for our 10/3/15 Wedding in South Lake Tahoe. He also shot our engagement photos earlier in the year. I cannot say enough great things about Doug and his amazing work! I would give him 10 stars if such a thing existed!!

Doug is an incredible photographer, and it’s clearly shown in his stunning photographs. Doug was an absolute pleasure to work with, responding quickly to emails & inquiries, and helping us plan the type of photos we wanted to take on the big day.

Doug made both my fiancee and I feel so at ease and comfortable, and really listened & took the type of “artsy” photos that we wanted. Doug was also great with giving us suggestions for poses.. he has a great attention to detail and made sure we looked perfect in our pictures.

On the day of, Doug was so calm and organized, even with crazed groups of the wedding party all around him. He kept us on schedule with taking all of the shots we wanted, and my fiancee and I could not be happier with how the photos turned out. Thank you Doug!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/25/2015

There are truly not enough wonderful things I can say about Doug! When it comes to a wedding one of the biggest, if not THE biggest decisions you will make is your photographer. You rely on this person to capture the most precious moments from the most important day of your life. Doug was absolutely the perfect person for the job. His personality is wonderful and for a couple who had never taken a professional photo before he had us feeling relaxed from the first moment we spoke to him. Our engagement photo session felt like a day spent with a friend, with lots of laughs as he guided us to capture the most beautiful and natural photos. I was worried about the weather that day (it was cloudy and had rained that morning), but his knowledge of photography was truly visible when we saw the photos and how he was able to capture the best lighting and angles! Next was the wedding and Doug worked as hard as anyone could to get the best photos, and despite the fact both bride and groom found themselves running close to an hour behind schedule and it turned out to be close to 100 degrees that day, our photos are FANTASTIC!!! He processed the photos very fast and we have been looking at them non-stop ever since. We absolutely love our photos and I would recommend Doug to any couple who is looking for a truly professional photographer who is wonderful to work with and get to know!

**If you have a moment check out the beautiful slideshow he created for us for our Sacramento Wedding at The Westin... It still brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Heather · Married on 09/19/2015

Doug was absolutely awesome to work with for both our engagement and our wedding photos. From the first time we talked to him, everything went smoothly and we felt very comfortable working with him. My husband and I both work hectic schedules and Doug was extremely flexible with our dates and locations.

We did our engagement photos during the winter in Tahoe and he was so accommodating and even scoped out some good locations prior to the session. Our engagement session was fun and we got our photos very quickly and we love them!

Our wedding was on one of the hottest days of the year in the Santa Cruz mountains and Doug worked so hard to get every shot possible. He was also a calming presence for me on my wedding day as I was a bit stressed out and we had a lot of good laughs. He absolutely captured who we are as a couple and got some great candid shots of our wedding and our guests. Again, we received our photos very quickly and are beyond happy with how they turned out. We would highly recommend Doug Miranda Photography to anyone who is looking to have a great experience and amazing professional photos.

Thank you again, Doug, for such a great experience!

-Heather & Frank

Sent on 10/20/2015

Kirsten · Married on 09/17/2015

If you want the best photographs to remember your special day, Doug is the photographer for you. He did our engagement photos, as well as, our wedding (this past September at Zephyr Cove). The photos turned out spectacular, we are so happy! He knew the venue perfectly, not excluding sunset for that area and the photos reflected that.

I am definitely someone who is not comfortable in front of the camera, but Doug's expertise, professionalism and laid back nature took that all away.

We just could not be happier with his services. He took so much stress out of the day. His responses were always prompt and helpful. We cannot recommend him enough!

Thank you Doug for your creative work and creating great memories for Greg and I! Stay tuned for the maternity photos call because that is up next and we are coming your way!

Sent on 04/06/2016

We were married about a year ago in Lake Tahoe. I was just going through the photos again this weekend and was reminded of how great Doug was. The pictures are gorgeous!!! He was truly able to capture every part of our day. Doug is great to work with! He was responsive, prompt and very easy going. He made our pictures effortless - I highly recommend working with him!

Sent on 10/03/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/30/2015

Doug was fantastic with both our engagement and wedding photos! He came well prepared and worked with us prior to the shoot to find out exactly what we were looking for. He was also extremely kind and patient with us throughout the hectic wedding weekend. And because of his calm and welcoming presence the smiles and laughter came easily during the engagement shoot and wedding portraits.

Both the wedding and engagement photos were given to use in a timely manner. The photo gallery that he put together for us to view was easily accessible and well done. We absolutely LOVE all of the photos that were taken at the wedding! He caught all the great moments from saying our vows to dancing with guests at the reception. Cannot be more excited to share these photos with friends and family.Thank you, Doug!

Would highly recommend Doug Miranda Photography.

-Olivia & Jay

Sent on 09/11/2015

Julie · Married on 08/18/2015

Doug was amazing! Thank you so much! My husband and I were blown away with how the photos came out! He is a fantastic photographer. Doug was very professional and fun to work with. He really knows what he is doing and gives specific directions on how to pose, while listening to what you also want.
    We planned our wedding from far away and Doug always answered to all our questions very quickly. We wanted to do a first look but didn't know where exactly and Doug helped us by suggesting a couple different places. Doug was also very quick and got us our wedding pictures way earlier than expected. I would highly recommend Doug for anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer!!

Sent on 09/19/2015

Kourtni · Married on 08/14/2015

Doug was absolutely amazing. I had a strict budget that he was able to work around and let me know my options. The wedding day was amazing he made me feel like I knew him for ages rather than our first time meeting. He was accommendating in phone calls since it was a destination wedding. The photos turned out absolutely gorgeous better than I could have imaged!! Please take my advice and hire Doug Miranda Photography you definitely would be disappointed!

Sent on 08/25/2015

shannon · Married on 08/08/2015

Doug is absolutely amazing! He shot our engagement session and wedding. He got to know us with our engagement session and really made it fun. He was always upbeat and kept the energy flowing. Our wedding pictures turned out better than expected. We got married at Lake Tahoe Golf Course and Doug was able to capture every important moment. He knows where and how to get those amazing shots! He also really helped us with the flow of the event, we didn't really know what to expect. He was so easy to work with, very flexible. I really trusted him the whole time, he even helped my husband bustle my wedding dress after the ceremony. Doug is also great at getting your proofs back to you fast!! I would recommend him for anything. Our wedding pictures are absolutely amazing and I am so happy we stumbled across his website!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Thank you so much, Doug! I am so happy with these photos. And they were done early, too! We had our ceremony at Strawberry Lodge near South Lake Tahoe, and Doug really helped us make the most of our beautiful surroundings. From the first phone call I felt very comfortable with Doug, and I think all our wedding guests did, too, based on the really natural candid shots he got. Before the ceremony he was flexible and calm while i slightly panicked that our bouquets hadn't arrived yet! During the ceremony and reception I blinked and he was gone, that's how fast he moved, but he always seemed to be ready for the pictures that I spur-of-the-moment wanted. He gave us enough direction that we didn't feel awkward, but also was able to seem to recede into the background to take these really romantic portraits where we felt he wasn't there. Thank you again, Doug. What beautiful and special memories you've given us!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Elliot · Married on 06/22/2015

Photography-

Doug's photography is absolutely stunning. I studied a lot of different vendors' photography before deciding on Doug. While most other vendor's will settle with a style, either being traditional or more artful, Doug's photography settles in the happy medium. My wife and I were shocked at how absolutely stunning his photos came out to be. Doug really knew how to play with the light and the environment to get the photos just to his liking.

Professionalism-

Our first experience with Doug was at our engagement session photo shoot. Doug was extremely patient with us in terms of selecting a venue for the session. He had excellent communication and responsiveness, and he took the time to get to know what kind of environment we would like and helped give direction to a couple places in the area that were good for photos. My wife and I are pretty camera shy when it comes to people who do not know us, and we were nervous about seeming overly staged or unnaturally loving in our photos. Doug was very relaxed and helped give direction, which of course seemed awkward at first, but his positive attitude and feedback really helped us in the process of modeling for the photos and made what could have been a really tedious and awkward situation into a very enjoyable and memorable day.

Value-

Doug Miranda is hands down the best thing that happened to my wedding. I ran a pretty frugal wedding, trying to cut corners here and there, but one thing the two things that my wife and I decided to not be to cheap on was the venue on the photographer. Doug Miranda and his wife, bless them both, were truly a marvel on their own. Doug has a calm yet commanding presence. I was cheap and didn't get a wedding planner, and Doug still somehow managed to organize 80 people, only half of whom spoke any English, to a quick and timely photo session. I want to say more on this review but there is a character limit. ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW- DOUG IS WORTH EVERY CENT.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Maggie · Married on 06/20/2015

Doug photographed my wedding 3 weeks ago at the Old SUgar Mill. I absolutely loved working with him. He made the whole process so easy. He listened to all of my ideas and even made them better than I had ever imagined. He did a wonderful job capturing the entire day of my marriage to my husband. I just finished looking at all of my photos and there is not a single one that I do not like. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Erica · Married on 05/23/2015

Doug is fantastic! Not only does he capture beautiful pictures of us in the best light, he kept us on time; was extremely flexible as he guided us through the multitude of family photo combinations; and made sure that we were still having fun! Any photographer who can chorale a herd of non speaking english relatives to take a beautiful photo while still being professional and upbeat is a photographer you want. On top of it all, he and his wife are so sweet and nice which made the crazy day a little less stressful so that we could just enjoy ourselves. Even after our wedding, he is still so responsive and professional! We waited almost 5 months to process our photos and get our wedding album, and when we emailed him, he responded the same day and catered to our needs within 2 weeks. For half the price of what some of the other photographers were able to quote, Doug provided superior service! I would recommend him to everyone I know.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/17/2015

We were fortunate enough to have rain on our wedding day and Doug Miranda there to capture some amazing & unique photos. Doug was fully prepared to take photos outside in the rain and happy to do it. Our photos turned out better than anything we could ever have hoped for and we will definitely recommend Doug Miranda to anyone in need of a fantastic photographer! Doug also took our winter engagement photos and they were equally as beautiful. My husband and I are not the most photogenic people in the world but Doug always had great ideas to capture our special moments.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Hailea · Married on 05/16/2015

Doug is a fantastic photographer! He photographed my engagement and wedding photos and the pictures turned out beautiful. There were so many stunning pictures to choose from, it was hard to decide my few favorites to put in picture frames. He is also friendly and easy to work with. I had to arrange my engagement session last minute, and we were able to find a time to meet up. His schedule is pretty flexible and he does what he can to help you out. You also get your pictures back quickly, which is great! I could hardly wait to see mine and so I was happy I didn't have to wait long. If you are looking for a wedding photographer, I would highly recommend Doug.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Rosie · Married on 05/09/2015

Where to begin?
    Doug is amazing! He not only went out of his way to come to the Bay Area for our engagement and wedding but also scouted out both locations ahead of time so he would know what he was working with! He was so much fun to work with and definitely knew how to make us feel at ease. When we saw our engagement photos we felt nothing could top them, but then we got the wedding photos! They are breathtaking, flawless and captured each moment perfectly! My husband and I are not very intimate towards eachother in public however Doug managed to capture just that. In addition he also had great ideas for poses because we were at a loss, super helpful, super responsive and so much fun!
    I would recommend him to anyone for their engagement and wedding!

Sent on 05/24/2015

We loved the pictures Doug had on his website so we met with him. We were immediately comfortable with him. He is gracious, funny and really listens. He went beyond our expectations. Our photographs really captured who we are and the spirit of the day.

Sent on 05/17/2015

Doug did our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. Both turned out amazing!!! I can't even describe how great they turned out! We had some crazy wind during our engagement session but Doug was still able to get some great shots. Doug and his wife did our wedding and they were so fun and relaxed. We were both nervous but they put us at ease and made us feel comfortable. And the pictures turned out so much better than I could have ever imagined!! He got them to us very quick and he was so easy to communicate with and very responsive. He also has very reasonable prices and you get way more than what you pay for!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Veronica · Married on 06/20/2014

I couldn't be happier with my wedding photos! Doug captured our wedding day beautifully! He is extremely professional and easy to talk to. Our photos were ready for viewing in just a couple of weeks. He also made a very nice slideshow online that I could send to anyone to preview our photos. Today I received a USB from him with all of the digital files from our engagement session & wedding day! I have nothing but positive things to say about our experience working with Doug Miranda! I highly recommend Doug to any couple planning to get married!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/21/2014

Choosing DOUG MIRANDA to be our wedding photographer was a smart choice! Not only are the photos fantastic, but having Doug's expertise to coach and guide us through (all the poses and groupings) made it completely stress-free for me, the Bride,---yea! :-) His calm, pleasant demeanor and professionalism made it a piece of cake for my husband and me to relax, to simply focus on the happiness of our ceremony, family, and enjoy our dinner party while Doug took care of arranging all the photos to properly capture the entire event. Thank you, Doug, for the beautiful, artistic photos for our keepsake forever memories of our wedding!!

Sent on 07/03/2014

T · Married on 02/18/2014

Doug is the best you can find for pictures for your big event. I found him online while looking at my wedding venue, Edgewood in Lake Tahoe. He did our wedding on 2/18/14. He has done many weddings at Edgewood and knows the place like the back of his hand. He does amazing pictures. He will go above and beyond to get as many of the best pictures with the best lighting and background. He is a great guy to work with. He is very sweet and funny. He did our engagement photos also, he took us to an amazing location and took breathtaking pictures. He worked great with all the vendors to make sure everything was perfect.

Sent on 03/25/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

Doug was amazing every step of the way. He was very professional, yet had a good sense of humor at the same time. We have not yet received our wedding photos since we got married only a week ago, but he showed us a few shots he took and they looked gorgeous. He has an eye for detail and between him and his assistant, they got some great shots. We were very happy that we chose Doug to photograph such an important day in our lives!

Sent on 10/28/2013