Doug Miranda Photography Reviews

1 User photo

Doug Miranda Photography 1

Lyndsay · Married on 11/10/2018

Great wedding photographer! Would recommend

The photos we received from Doug are absolutely stunning! Doug was so helpful throughout the entire process of choosing a wedding photographer. When we first contacted him, he got back to us quickly and had many affordable service options to choose from, varying in number of hours of shooting and to include albums or not. After that, he let us continue our wedding planning without bombarding us with questions about our plans. A few weeks prior to the wedding, he touched base with us and our wedding coordinator about the day-of timeline, what style of photos we were looking for, and he even helped us make a concise list of the family photos we wanted. When the day finally came, he arrived early and got right to shooting. I felt like everything ran so smoothly, as he directed us and our wedding party in the photos, while keeping track of the time. We couldn't be happier with his service, his professional and kind manner, and with the actual photos themselves! We are so grateful that we chose Doug for our wedding photographer.

• Morgan

Morgan · Married on 11/03/2018

Doug is amazing!

Doug was our photographer for our wedding in November in Tahoe. He was AMAZING!! I was so busy before the wedding with work hat I didn’t have time to really go and pick out types of photos I wanted, so I went with trusting him to get the best shots. I was hoping for at least 10 favorite photos to use and there are literally over 100 favorites that I’m struggling to choose between. He was so fun and helped us keep on track with a tight schedule. We didn’t have a first look, so we had a tight timeframe to get all the different photos but they all turned out perfect!! Nothing but amazing things to say about Doug! Thank you so much for my amazing photos I love them!

Hollie · Married on 10/06/2018

Book him!!

Doug and his super sweet wife shot our wedding 10.6.2018 up in Foresthill, CA. They were incredibly professional, and all over the place. I don't know how many of our guests said to us, "We can't wait to see your photos! Your photographers were EVERYWHERE!" The best part about that was that throughout the entire night, we barely knew where they were. That was HUGE for us. We never felt like either of them were in our faces, but they caught some of the most amazing, candid moments throughout the evening. We are forever grateful to have every single moment caught on camera. Doug and Kristine are incredible. Do yourself a favor, and book them for your wedding. You won't regret it.

Junelle · Married on 09/22/2018

The Last Review You'll Need to Read

Finding a good photographer to capture your nuptials can be a daunting task. After many hours of reading numerous reviews, comparing work, calling several photographers, and meeting with a couple of them, we ended up choosing Doug for both our engagement and wedding photos. After you finish reading this review, do yourselves a favor, don’t waste any more time and energy searching and call him to see if he’s available for your special day. He’s excellent. He has 5 star ratings across the board on The Knot, Wedding Wire, and Yelp including multiple “Best of…” annual awards. He is both technically superb and very personable. His ability to manipulate lighting and composition really shines through in the resulting photos. His laid back demeanor doesn’t make you feel rushed, even when you’re breezing through the shot lists for the day.

After choosing Doug as our photographer, he continued to be approachable and easily accessible throughout our wedding planning journey. When we had questions, we were able to get our answers quickly through email. If the questions required more discussion, we set up phone meetings to discuss our questions. Doug’s expertise and experience was a huge help and relief especially for a detail oriented bride.

Doug provides several packages to capture your special day. Our package included an engagement photo shoot. Doug has great suggestions for photo shoot locations. We chose Lake Tahoe. Doug’s attention to detail and Customer Service were impeccable. During our shoots he allowed and encouraged us to be creative in order to capture our true essence as a couple. During some moments where we were not sure how to pose, he was such a professional in the way he directed our shots and made us feel really comfortable. Our experience with Doug during both the engagement photo shoot and our wedding day was both fun and memorable.

One of the most important things about capturing your day is making sure that the photographer captures the emotions of the special moments and those closest to you. Doug and his wife Christine (2nd shooter) did an excellent job of making sure to get the shots we were looking for. We want to point this out because the wedding videographers we hired didn’t have that awareness and it made for a less than stellar video. Doug is someone who is invested in knowing who and what will be most important for you.

Your wedding day will feel hectic and fly by. You won’t get to see all of the great moments happening around you as you will be focused on the important things, like walking down the aisle without tripping and staring deeply into the eyes of your lover during your first dance. After it is all said and done, you will really cherish having the precious moments of your day captured on more than just your guests cellphones. Again, do yourselves a favor and see if Doug is available. You won’t regret it!

Emily · Married on 09/08/2018

Doug was the perfect wedding photographer!! He is very professional and has creative ideas. During the wedding he was patient, friendly, not intrusive with his shots, yet very responsive whenever I needed a special shot with family/friends. Also priced reasonably which is hard to find in the Tahoe/Bay Area. All around a great experience.

mariah · Married on 06/10/2018

Doug and his assistant were amazing! They captured every special moment without interfering in it! They were fun and easy to work with and of course our pictures were incredible. We couldn't have asked for anything more! Your wedding is in good hands with Doug!

Doug Miranda Photography 2

Ashley · Married on 06/06/2018

Doug truly is the best! From the beginning, he responded quickly, even when I would take weeks to respond. He had many budget-friendly options for us to choose from. He met with us before the wedding and even on our first meeting it felt like we were having coffee with a life-long friend. The day of, he arrived early and worked seamlessly with our videographer. The photos are exquisite and I'm still amazed at how he was able to capture some of the moments without being noticed. I also appreciate his patience with some of our family members, who had had fun during the cocktail hour and didn't want to follow directions during portrait time. And our finished photos were ready well before he'd said they would be, even in the busy wedding season.

Grace · Married on 01/06/2018

Doug is an amazing photographer! We were looking for someone who could fit our budget and he made that happen! He was super responsive, listened to our ideas and answered all of our questions. As the bride I had ideas of how I wanted the photos to look, but I also wanted someone who would guide me and everyone to look our best. I didn't want the usual cheesy wedding poses, and we found ways to make that happen and to capture special moments and feelings. He has an amazing eye for light and has a true ability to capture precious moments. We loved working with him. We also picked him because our wedding was set to happen in sacramwnto, but we wanted to do a honeymoon shoot in Lake Tahoe. He was totally game to make that happen for us! We had a great day and Doug was a big part of why our wedding was so special.

Russell · Married on 10/08/2017

Doug is an amazing wedding photographer. From the first proposal he provided us through the completion of the event, Doug was calm, knowledgable, patient and professional.

Doug was a solid resource through the wedding planning process. He provided excellent input on logistics, timeline and the wedding in general.

He and his team had a great attitude, and you could tell they were passionate about getting great pictures.

Most importantly, the pictures turned out amazing. We are thrilled with the pictures, and have really enjoyed sharing them with friends and family.

Katrina · Married on 10/07/2017

Doug is AMAZING!!!! We got married in Lake Tahoe last weekend and we were so happy when we saw he and his wife show up to shoot our wedding. He did an unbelievable job with our engagement photos and we know he will not disappoint with our wedding photos! He and his wife work so calmly together which is what a bride needs throughout the craziness of the wedding day. Our wedding planner was a bit of a disappointment but Doug and his wife did such a great job running the timeline of our day that it made our worries go away. Doug is creative, caring, and such a joy to work with! I have recommended him to a few of my girlfriends already knowing I have complete confidence he will deliver beautiful photos for anyone! My NOW husband and I can’t wait to see our photos and our album from our special day!

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2017

Doug and a his wife did our wedding picture and they did a amazing job. They made us feel so comfortable. My husband and I our the worst a taking picture and our pictures turned unbelievable. Look no further if your looking for a photographer.

Lindsey · Married on 09/23/2017

Doug did an amazing job!! He went above and beyond for our engagement photos, wedding photos and everything in between.

During our engagement photos, he did such a great job in making us feel comfortable in front of the camera. We we had no idea how to pose but Doug did a great job helping us along the way. After receiving the photos, we knew we had the right photographer! There were so many amazing moments captured.

We had a few conversations leading up to the wedding and Doug was genuinely interested in our progress and provided some very valuable advice leading up to the day. His input on the timelines and how best to organize all our friends and family for photos was extremely helpful to ensure no time was wasted on the big day.

On the day of our wedding he was just amazing, again going above and beyond what we expected from a photographer. Although his main concern was to ensure to capture every moment, we could tell he did more than just that.

The final pictures were far more than we expected. They all turned out amazing, he was able to capture so many priceless moments. He even organized our photos and put them in a sequence (using shots from both photographers) that made it feel like we were reliving the moment.

Overall, Doug really more than just a photographer. We are so happy with him and if we could do it again, no doubt he would be our guy!

Danielle · Married on 09/16/2017

I was not a bride that dreamed of her wedding since birth and I was not one who was excited about the wedding planning process in general. But Doug made it easy, thoughtful and memorable. There was never any pressure, he met us in San Francisco for our engagement shoot that was included in our package. The pictures at the Sutro Baths were awesome. It was a typical overcast gray day at Land's End and Doug still managed to capture light from whatever angle he could find, the clouds, the ocean, the still water reflections. I honestly love watching him work. To bear witness to someone you can tell truly loves his profession. He was really excited about taking pictures, and he is really great at what he does. A few months later at our woodsy wedding at Twenty Mile House his pictures allowed me to relive the emotional blur of the day. He was patient with me and never pressured me, but let me choose the flow of what pictures I felt were important to have and when I really just wanted to enjoy the party. His wife Christine that comes to shoot with him at the weddings is a great down to earth person as well, I was happy to have her since she knew what to do with a veil. He sent our pictures within a month after our wedding and the slideshow was a nice touch! I will always remember him sliding down the bank of the creek in his suit in order to get the angle he wanted to take of us standing on a little footbridge. Doug is great! And his pictures capture warmth, light and love. Thanks Doug and Christine!

April · Married on 08/25/2017

This review comes a few months late but I am the quite the procrastinator when it comes to getting things done, including planning our wedding. Despite my little flaw, I must say that I had my dream wedding! Everything came together perfectly and I must say that I had the best photographer! I contacted Doug in May for our destination wedding at Edgewood Lake Tahoe on August 25th. He confirmed that he had the date available and I was impressed by his professionalism yet personal reply to my inquiry. Once he mentioned that he and his wife had gotten married at Lake Tahoe, I knew he was the photographer for us. Not only did his profile impress me, but I knew he would draw on his own experience and capture the most beautiful photographs. He did that and MORE!! From the moment I confirmed Doug as our photograph, he was quick to answer all my questions immediately. It was somewhat of a challenge to plan a destination wedding, but Doug made everything so easy for us. He provided a timeline for us to follow throughout the night and made sure we got all our formal pictures done before the reception. His wife was his photography assistant at our wedding and she is just as professional and kind as Doug is. Our families were so impressed at how "they were everywhere" capturing every single moment! And that they did. We are so impressed with how our pictures came out! They are amazing and I can't thank Doug enough for capturing our special day. He even created a slide show for us with music that was awesome! I wish I could go back and do it all over again!

Doug - Thank you for capturing every single moment of our wedding day!! The pictures are amazing! We can't thank you enough for all your hard work!!

Amanda · Married on 08/19/2017

We couldn't be happier with the decision to work with Doug for our wedding. He was amazing! He captured great photos throughout the day for us; from getting ready thru the reception. He was familiar with our venue, Sugar Bowl Ski Resort, and had some great ideas of where to get great scenic shots. His energy was great, and i especially liked how he caught the essence of the moment without feeling too in-your-face. This was especially evident throughout our reception pictures. He is a true professional and was a pleasure to work with. Thanks so much Doug!!!

Geneva · Married on 08/18/2017

My husband and I are so happy we hired Doug to photograph our wedding! We got married just over a month ago now in Lake Tahoe- Zephyr Cove. From our engagement shoot to the big day, Doug was on point. He was very familiar with our venue and knew the best spots to capture the scenery. He took a lot of photos throughout the event (we went with the 7 hour package) and blended in really well. We received our photos in good time and we LOVE them. Can't wait to get started on an album. Go with Doug Miranda, you will be happy you did!

Julie · Married on 08/12/2017

When it comes to planning I'm such a procrastinator. I didn't start looking for an engagement and wedding photographer until March/April of this year and our wedding was coming up in August! I messaged Doug and got a response from him right away. I was happy to find out that he was available for our wedding date! The package we purchased also included an engagement session as well so that was a big plus. Doug was always quick to respond to my emails, very friendly and professional.

We took our engagement photos in Old Sac and UCD Arboretum. He did such a great job in coaching us on what to do because we had no idea on how to pose. When we received the photos back I could not believe how many great shots there were. I couldn't choose just a few to post to show our family and friends! :D

Before our wedding Doug called us to go over timeline and what types of photos we wanted which made the day of the wedding go by so much more smoothly. He also went to our wedding venue before the day to scope the area for ideas for our wedding day shoot! On the day of our wedding Doug was accompanied by his assistant who is also his wonderful sweet wife Christine! Doug made sure to keep us on track and took plenty of photos. They were non stop taking photos and I knew I would not be disappointed! I vaguely remember Doug telling me that the wedding photos should get back to me between 6-8 weeks but I got them in less than 1 month! Once again he exceeded our expectations!

Both my husband and I are so thankful for Doug and his amazing work. I can't stop looking at our photos! We would highly recommend him to anyone!

Colleen · Married on 08/09/2017

I would definitely use Doug Miranda again and recommend his services to anyone getting married. The pictures turned out amazing and the breath taking scenery of lake Tahoe will give you chills. Very happy with the results.

• Nadia

Nadia · Married on 06/24/2017

I highly, highly recommend Doug Miranda as a photographer for your wedding. He is clearly a professional and knows what he is doing. Every communication with him was clear and the speed at which he responds is amazing. From our initial contact, he was quick to answer questions. As a part of our package, we had engagement photos, which came out beautifully. We live in the Bay Area and we wanted snowy winter photos. Doug helped us decide which of the winter months would be the best in terms of photos, he also recommend that we go to Camp Richardson for our photos because it is a good mix of woods, mountains, and lake views. After we received those photos, I was confident that we made the right decision. As our wedding approached, Doug got back in touch with is to discuss logistics. We choose to hire a DOC and the communication between them was seamless which was a weight off of me. On the day of the wedding, Doug and his wife Christina took so many pictures it was amazing. They were clearly at our wedding because we have the photos but they were so unobtrusive that my husband and our guests as well as myself didn’t notice that they were they. The photos he took showed the emotion and love that was present throughout our day and for that I am so grateful. The day went by so fast and looking at the photos helped me remember parts that I had forgotten. We got our photos back very quickly in comparison to other people that I know who have been recently married. As an added bonus he created a YouTube video of some of our photos. As I watched it, I became overwhelmed with emotion because it took me back to that day. Now comes the hard part choosing just 90 photos from the 1,000+ that we received from high. Again, I highly recommend Doug!

Chloe · Married on 06/03/2017

We were looking for a photographer familiar with the South Lake Tahoe area and found Doug! We had Doug photograph our Engagement session and Wedding day. He makes the photoshoots easy and comfortable and will work with you to give you thousands of quality photographs for your special day. He is willing to get dirty or shoot from odd places just to get a great shot. Doug is very prompt with his correspondence and even if it is very busy wedding season, he will do his best to turn around the photographs back to you in the time he promised. I would definitely recommend hiring Doug as your wedding photographer!

Alyssa · Married on 05/28/2017

Doug was the most amazing vendor to work with. He kept us organized. Asking about schedules and timelines beforehand made sure the day went very smoothly. He was sure to grab photos like the examples we sent him and had a strict list of all family portraits to grab. This guy works hard for you! His assistant was so pleasant. She constantly made us laugh and straightened attire and held sunglasses for the best photo ops. Doug's website is easy to use. He gives you SO MANY photos to choose from. He's such a treat and I would highly recommend him!

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2017

Doug is awesome!! We hired Doug to photograph our wedding in Lake Tahoe (May 2017). Being from out of town, we didn't know where to start. I happened upon his name on one of the wedding websites, read the reviews and pulled the trigger. It was a great decision! Doug is a fantastic photographer! Not to mention, very friendly and professional person. His response time to e-mails and inquiries were always quick, which is a godsend when you're juggling a million tasks.

We hired him for the 10 hour package (included engagement photos a few months before) and he did not disappoint! Doug has a good photographic eye. He also knows all the wedding venues (and surrounding areas) around this region of California/Nevada and knows locales to snap great photographs.

On the day of our wedding Doug was on point. He captured the ambiance of our wedding expertly. Although he took many photos, he wasn't intrusive - he blended in. Any time we wanted a particular photo during the reception, we waved him over and he was there in an instant.

Doug took photos that embodied our wedding perfectly. At over 1000 photographs, we could print ALL of them. We love all them. It helps us relive this amazing day again and again...which is the point of wedding photographs;)

Hire Doug Miranda as your wedding photographer and you will not be disappointed!!

Kate · Married on 05/20/2017

We came across one of Doug's photo albums while searching for our wedding venue in South Lake Tahoe, his photos spoke for themselves so we got in touch. Doug was easy to work with through the whole process. We took our engagement photos and had him and an assistant shoot our wedding and are thrilled with how all the photos turned out. Doug is equal parts professional and personable, he made it easier for us to be ourselves in front of the camera.

We had a late ceremony that required we take our photos before, including first looks. It wasn't our ideal timeline and we greatly appreciated that Doug hiked into the woods with us to get the shots we wanted. Doug insisted that we take a few more shots after the ceremony (right around sunset) on the lake near our reception venue. My husband and I both thought that taking photos at sunset by the lake, while beautiful would be a little 'much' for us. But we played along and didn't put up a fuss because we respected that Doug's a professional. And as expected, by anyone reading along, the photos are incredible and the ones we treasure the most from that day. Thank you Doug for all the hard work you put in to capture the day for us, and for being right about the sunset photos :)

• Megan

Megan · Married on 04/01/2017

Words cannot describe how amazing, professional, helpful and friendly Doug is! We used Doug for both our engagement photos and for our wedding day! His communication is amazing! Very responsive and always answered all of my questions…no matter how random or obvious that they were. My husband and I were very nervous because we are both more introverted and awkward when it comes to being the center of attention. But Doug gave us great instruction when we needed it when posing and it felt so easy and natural to be around him. He is so talented and we could see while he’s working how committed he is as well as how much he enjoys it :) You know you have a GREAT photographer when he’s on the ground and trucking through waist high grass to get that perfect shot or smiling as he looks at the picture he just took on the camera. Not only was Doug amazing, but his assistant, Emily was just as hard working and friendly on our wedding day. She captured amazing shots as well and was working right alongside Doug the whole day. When looking through our wedding pictures, I definitely feel as though Doug caught our love in moments that day and they make my heart happy :) If I have any other photography needs, I would book Doug again in a heartbeat!