Doug Miranda Photography Reviews

92 Reviews for Doug Miranda Photography

• Shaun

Shaun P. · Getting married on 11/03/2021

Excellent Wedding Photography

My wife and I contacted Doug Miranda about his wedding photography and were very happy with the service he provided. He responded quickly and professionally to our original inquiry and arrived early for our big event. He was extremely personable and ensured we got the shots we wanted while also suggesting some of his own. He selected the best photos, touched them up, and had them back to us only 4 days later!
    Honestly this was the best photography experience I have ever had. Both an excellent price and excellent service for what we received. We will be using Doug again for any future photography needs. Highly recommended!

Sent on 03/18/2021
  • Melinda

Melinda B. · Married on 01/02/2021

Amazing!!!

We were lucky to find Doug on the knot and are so happy we did! We got married during covid so our 1st meeting was via FaceTime. He made us feel at ease. His website had the most beautiful aesthetic. We would communicate back and forth about ideas via email and phone calls. We loved his creativity and positive attitude. He directed us well on the big day and was prompt with getting our pictures finished. Would recommend him a 1000 times over!

Sent on 01/10/2021
  • Alyssa

Alyssa O. · Married on 11/10/2020

Picture perfect day!

I cannot say enough great things about Doug! We had him photograph our engagement photos back in October and we loved them. He was able to capture some great photos with our dogs, who are notoriously distracted outside. I love the way he uses light to capture some really unique shots. Like most couples, we had to change our wedding plans due to COVID, and Doug was able to accommodate these changes. Eventually, we decided to cancel our wedding overall, but because we loved Doug's photography so much, we had him do a photoshoot at our original venue. We are so happy that we have these to look back on in the future. We are both not super comfortable in front of the camera, but Doug made it so easy to capture some great moments.

Sent on 11/01/2020
  • Lexi

Lexi M. · Married on 10/24/2020

BEST Photographer Around!!!

Doug Miranda is an incredible photographer. We first met him at our engagement session. My husband and I had never taken professional photos before. Doug made us feel comfortable and relaxed. And wow those photos came out amazing! We couldn’t wait for him to photograph our special day. With the craziness of COVID, we had several changes and had to cancel our venue. Doug was very professional, flexible and responsive. He even helped us pick a new ceremony spot. We just got our photos back and WOW! My husband and I will always be grateful to Doug and his wife Christine for capturing our day!

Sent on 11/03/2020

Alicia · Married on 10/18/2020

Excellent photographer

Would definitely recommend Doug Miranda Photography. My husband and I recently got married and Doug did an amazing job with our wedding pictures. Doug is very professional, helpful, and really gives his all in making your wedding day special.

Sent on 11/12/2020

Brianna G. · Married on 09/16/2020

Great wedding photographer!

Doug was an excellent photographer for our wedding in Lake Tahoe! He was professional, timely, and adjusted on his feet when we needed it. He put everyone at ease, and made the process seamless. We will treasure the photos he took forever. He took a great mix of candids, portraits, family shots, macro shots, and wide landscape photos. Thanks Doug!

Sent on 09/27/2020

Kiley S. · Married on 08/08/2020

Picture Perfect

Doug is absolutely incredible. My husband and I had an intimate wedding overlooking Lake Tahoe in August 2020 - I would hire Doug 1,000 times over again! From the first phone call meeting to get an idea of what our wedding was going to look like, to ensuring he had all the group pictures listed and anything specific we wanted to capture (Pinterest board ideas) so it didn't get forgotten in the moment. Doug and his wife showed up on wedding day and fit right in. They captured special moments all day and it felt natural - not staged, stiff, or uncomfortable. They fit right into our small group and made it possible for us to relive that magical day for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 09/02/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/31/2020

Definitely would hired again!!

I have to say if you’re looking for a amazing photographer hired Doug! We not only had to change our plans once but twice and he was willing to work with us to get the most amazing wedding photos ever!!!

Sent on 09/11/2020

Camilla A. · Married on 05/23/2020

Talented, Experienced, AND affordable!

Doug photographed my husband and I’s wedding on May 23, 2020. With all the craziness happening in 2020, Doug was SO flexible and was able to cater to our exact needs while making our downsized wedding still feel special and important. Not to mention he did an absolutely incredible job making our small backyard wedding look like an amazing off-site venue!

If you are looking for a photographer for your wedding who is highly experienced, takes AMAZING pictures, and has affordable bundle options, hire Doug now! You won’t regret it.

Sent on 07/25/2020
  • Zach

Zach P. · Married on 12/07/2019

A real professional and a true pleasure to work with

My wife and I hired Doug Miranda to capture the memories of our big day and we could not be happier with our decision. We researched a good handful of photographers, reaching out to many for initial consultations and/or quotes. Doug's company had fantastic reviews and from day one Doug was responsive to our communication and was nothing but helpful. He provided good, to the point, and timely information that allowed my wife and I to feel comfortable hiring him as our photographer.

There were a series of packages available to choose from. After a couple consultations with Doug we choose a photography package and he provided us with a contract to review and sign. I appreciated the clarity in the agreement; from a business standpoint I knew exactly what to expect.

We took advantage of a promotion the company was running at the time we signed our agreement and received a complimentary engagement photo session. The pictures he took were beautiful and we got really excited to see how the pictures from the actual wedding would turn out (Spoiler Alert: they are amazing).

We had an intimate ceremony and reception, with only a handful of guests. Doug was able to capture the big moments as well as a ton of the little ones. He captured a little piece of everything without ever seeming to be in the way. He works in a such a way that preserves the organic chemistry of the whole affair.

He works quickly too. We were impressed at the turn around in editing and production after both the engagement photo session and the actual wedding. Doug even took the time to throw together a beautiful slideshow after the wedding and shared it with us on YouTube. I didn't expect that. It was an incredibly nice touch.

Above all, Doug is professional, and just a down right really nice guy. Your wedding day is such a big day, it's nice to know that everyone involved wants to be a part of the special occasion. And Doug really made us feel like he was honored to be a part of our big day.

Professionalism is there. High quality work and craftsmanship is there. We cannot thank Doug enough for the work he did in memorializing our wedding. We will always be able to look back on those photos and remember just how awesome that day really was. And we have Doug to thank for that.

Hire that man!

Sent on 12/20/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 10/13/2019

Believe the hype, Doug is amazing

Doug shot our wedding (Oct. 2019), Chinese tea ceremony, and engagement shoot. We spent a long time looking for photographers because this was the most important wedding vendor for us. In addition to the budget, it was important to us that the photographer had a diverse portfolio and a sense of inclusivity, judiciously edited photos (i.e. every photo isn't maxed out with a sepia filter), was easy to communicate with, and was well-organized. Doug fit the bill for all of these, going above and beyond all our expectations. He is kind and thoughtful and importantly, he does good work.
    All our photos are beautiful (and we received them a week after he took them!). Neither my husband nor I really enjoy being in front of a camera, but Doug made us feel comfortable and it definitely shows in the photos. He was very thoughtful with the location and lighting for all the photos so, for example, no one is squinting from the sun or looks super washed out. Doug was also instrumental for helping us come up with the wedding day-timeline. Both he and his assistant were mindful of the time and were able to keep us on schedule while fitting in all our group photos, funny poses, and photos in different locations. Both were very professional, and they captured every moment of our ceremony and reception without being obtrusive. We wouldn't hesitate to book Doug again.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Emily

Emily R. · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Photographer Around!

Doug is so AMAZINGLY TALENTED!!! My husband and I are so in love with our wedding photos! Doug also shot our engagement photos that we took inside our home. He understood my vision and was super easy to work with! He is also a really nice person and very prompt! His wife is also very sweet! When I first got engaged last year, my first search was "Best wedding photographers in my area at reasonable prices". Being a graphic designer, I have higher standards about anything that has to do with art/creativity, so when I picked Doug to be my photographer, I picked him because his photography is STUNNING! When I first saw my wedding photos online, I cried! He really knows how to tell a story with black and white photography as well as color. I continue to look at the photos daily because they let me relive our special day! I am so happy that we chose Doug because he is truly awesome and a visionary! So look no further than here for your wedding photographer, you will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Molly

Molly O. · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing Wedding Photographer

We loved having Doug as our wedding photographer! He was very friendly and easy to work with, and was great about communication along the way.

We especially appreciated how flexible Doug was, from the scorching heat during our engagement shoot to the unexpected lighting/rainstorm on our wedding day. He did his best to make sure we got all the photos we wanted, and stayed later than agreed on our wedding day while we ran indoors and got the reception back underway.

And on top of everything, Doug was amazing at getting our wedding photos back to us quickly. We actually got them back less than a week after our wedding, while we were still on our honeymoon!

I recommend Doug to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Callie

Callie T. · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Photographer!!!

My husband and I hired Doug Miranda Photography for our September 21st wedding. I had initially picked Doug because he had taken my favorite photos on the wedding website, The Knot. I knew the moment I saw his work. I wanted him as my photographer. What we didn’t realize is that not only would we be able to use him for our wedding, we also got engagement pictures too!! BOTH sets of images came out unlike anything I could have imagined. The engagement photos looked beautiful and made me so excited for our wedding day. When we got the pictures for our wedding, they were so beautiful I cried the whole time my husband and I looked through them. Doug even made us a highlight video of the wedding which I couldn’t stop crying over because it was so beautiful!! Doug really takes the time to get to know the people he’s shooting pictures for and really knows how to capture the right feeling. Doug, and his wonderful wife and assistant, Christine were so on point, and fast at our wedding, that I couldn’t believe just how many amazing shots we got in such short moments. There are moments we were together for 20 minutes, but I have nearly 200 AMAZING photos from that 20 minutes alone!! In total, we have around 1,500 wedding photos(not including our engagement photos), and we are still trying to go through them all!!! Doug and Christine are so professional, but at the same time so sweet and kind and patient. They also came to shoot our Lake Tahoe wedding all the way from Sacramento!!! They really go the extra mile to make sure everybody is happy!! And we are beyond delighted with our wedding photos!!! The pictures of my husband and I are amazing, but I absolutely love how many genuine “capture the moment” pictures we got!! I was almost a little worried the day of our wedding when I didn’t hire a videographer, but seeing the photos they took instantly took that regret away!!! The captured the night PERFECTLY!!! I can’t wait to have an excuse to hire Doug Miranda Photography again!!! I recommend them 110% for any wedding or engagement shoots!!!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay D. · Married on 09/08/2019

Couldn't be Happier

Doug was the ultimate great choice for our engagement photos and wedding day - his photos are GORGEOUS, he does MAGICAL things with light, and he is fun, easy-going, and unobtrusive while still being completely professional and efficient. Other than your posed formal photos, you'll barely notice him on your wedding day, but when you get your photos back you'll see that he was always, always in place to get the perfect shot. At one point during dinner, my husband and I changed into our fun dancing shoes, my husband lifted his head, instantly made eye contact with Doug from across the room, and he was by our side capturing the moment before we could blink. His prices are super competitive, he's a fantastic communicator before the event, and he got our photos back to us in less than a week. We could not recommend him more highly, and can't wait to work with him again in the future for maternity and family photos. Thanks Doug for capturing our day so perfectly, we're SO glad we chose you!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Smita

Smita K. · Married on 08/31/2019

Impeccable experience

We couldn't be any happier with the photos that Doug captured during our wedding weekend. Doug is very talented, highly professional, and all around a great person! His photo packages are fairly priced, and we'd recommend his services to anyone in need of an exceptional photographer.

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Siân

Siân S. · Married on 07/24/2019

Perfect experience

I can't say enough about how much we loved Doug. He's an excellent photographer. Always on time. Friendly and personable. Has great ideas for location shoots. Unobtrusive but somehow always in the right place to capture candid shots. You can see emotions in his photos; it's awesome! Some of his photos are like art. I had a hard time picking out a "small" selection to upload for our friends and family to avoid overloading them. Now I have the task of picking out just one special photo to frame for above our mantelpiece. He was so professional at all times. We hired him twice: once for our civil wedding and again for our church convalidation ceremony. He was that good! I have zero regrets. There are no cons to report. He was even so reasonably priced that we stayed within budget. The whole experience was just perfect.

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Hayley

Hayley R. · Married on 07/20/2019

Doug is amazing!!

My new husband and I are so thrilled with our recent experience with Doug Miranda Photography! Doug took photos for our engagement and at our wedding and we are blown away with the quality of the photos and how quickly they were returned to us. Doug was easy to talk with, responded quickly to our emails, had very reasonable prices, and produced beautiful photos. We are so glad that we chose him as our photographer and will definitely be return customers for other big events in our future. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/31/2019

Rachel E. · Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful Photos!!

When first meeting with Doug for our engagement photos, we knew we made the right choice! He is so calm and has such a positive energy. I had never taken pictures professionally so was a bit nervous and he eased our nerves and the pictures turned out perfect! He does such an amazing job at capturing candid moments and has such a good eye for finding that perfect shot. He will not disappoint and helps to keep you calm on the chaotic wedding day. Thank you Doug!!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Kayleigh

Kayleigh · Married on 06/01/2019

The best!

Doug Miranda was a dream to work with for our engagement and wedding photography. Our photos are so beautiful that I get teary eyed when looking at them. His eye for lighting and capturing candid shots is truly special. Further, he was extremely professional and fun to work with. Our entire party commented on how great Doug was. Throughout the planning process, Doug was easy to work with and provided feedback on our timeline and plans. He also helped keep us on schedule the day of, which saved the day. I highly recommend Doug and cant thank him enough for capturing the best day of our lives in such an amazing way.

Sent on 06/14/2019

Ashley M. · Married on 05/25/2019

Doug captured every moment!

Doug is incredible! He captured every moment. His photography is so intimate and detailed. We had an outdoor wedding, and an indoor reception. He was able to capture the beautiful outdoor sunshine and natural setting, the surreal sunset, and then the bright lights of the dance floor. I am so grateful for the memories he helped us create. Doug is also very organized. He returns emails quickly and is patient and flexible. I would 100% recommend him for a wedding. My now husband Steve really enjoyed working with him.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Asia

Asia A. · Married on 05/17/2019

Wonderful wedding photographer

We could not have asked for a better photographer than Doug Miranda. He was wonderful. Working with him was a dream. He was very easy to work with. He was reliable and responded quickly to all of our questions and concerns. He was on time during our engagement photos and wedding day. He also kept us on schedule on our wedding day. Best of all, he made us look beautiful in our wedding photos! I can't say enough great things about Doug. I enthusiastically recommend him without reservation.

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Bridget

Bridget M. · Married on 05/10/2019

Timeless, gorgeous wedding photos!!!

BOOK THIS PHOTOG!! If you're looking for classically beautiful photographs of exceptional quality to remember your wedding, Doug Miranda is your guy.

First, he was extremely professional and easy to work with from the beginning. Because we lived in a different city, we first met him just a couple days before the big day and were extremely relieved by how easy-going, competent, and experienced he was in approaching our vision. He listened to specifics that we wanted and made us feel like we were in great hands.

On the day of the wedding, Doug kept us on track throughout the day and ensured we got all the photos we wanted amongst the chaos. He was fun to work with, flexible in changing situations, and professional. Doug's assistant was there to help and provide an additional angle to all shots, which was wonderful. He uses multiple cameras, will find the best lighting, and even jump in the bushes to get the perfect shot.

He returned our photos in less than two weeks and we were absolutely blown away by the beauty of the photos and overall exceptional quality. I am familiar with photography myself and in booking someone, I was adamant about avoiding a trendy/filtered look, poor lighting disguised by editing, etc...basically I had a pretty high and specific bar. My high expectations were exceeded. The color and light were highlights throughout – the perfect balance in every frame. The colors are so vivid and lush yet natural. Faces and textures are perfectly exposed. He found the most gorgeous areas of our venues for each photo. He captured awesome candids of our guests I never would have seen otherwise. Tons of photos to choose from, each flattering and tasteful. The photos feel timeless, classic, and gorgeous...and tell the story of the day. I'm so impressed, these photos were better than what we imagined and and let us relive a day we wish we could repeat over and over.

Sent on 05/24/2019

Maggie · Married on 05/04/2019

Worth every penny!

There are not enough great things we can say about Doug and his wife! Doug did my husband and I's engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. Both of them turned out amazing and exceeded our expectations! Doug and his wife are both such nice people! Doug was on top of everything and making sure everything was squared away with what we wanted to have prior to the wedding so there was no stress the day of. The day of the wedding Doug and his wife were always there to capture every moment, it seemed like he was always one step ahead which made my husband and I super happy. We received so many compliments from everyone attending our wedding on how great they were. The pictures are amazing and really captured our day perfectly!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Jesssica · Married on 02/23/2019

Wonderful experience!

Could not be more thankful or happier my husband and I decided to go with Doug Miranda as our wedding photographer. We absolutely loved our engagement session photos and can not wait to see the full gallery of our wedding day photos that I know without a doubt will be just as impressive. He was extremely professional, kind, flexible and on time with the timeline we established with each shoot/wedding day. His skill and eye for photography is undeniable, and in addition to that makes you feel comfortable and "natural" while taking photos (which can sometimes be an awkward experience to begin with lol). His wife accompanied him to the wedding as the second photographer, and it was such a joy to work with both of them. I plan on referring him to any couple I know getting married in the future. Thank you guys so much for making our wedding photography experience an awesome one!

Sent on 03/02/2019