Doug Miranda Photography Reviews

Doug Miranda Photography 7
  • Callie

Callie Tirlia · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Photographer!!!

My husband and I hired Doug Miranda Photography for our September 21st wedding. I had initially picked Doug because he had taken my favorite photos on the wedding website, The Knot. I knew the moment I saw his work. I wanted him as my photographer. What we didn’t realize is that not only would we be able to use him for our wedding, we also got engagement pictures too!! BOTH sets of images came out unlike anything I could have imagined. The engagement photos looked beautiful and made me so excited for our wedding day. When we got the pictures for our wedding, they were so beautiful I cried the whole time my husband and I looked through them. Doug even made us a highlight video of the wedding which I couldn’t stop crying over because it was so beautiful!! Doug really takes the time to get to know the people he’s shooting pictures for and really knows how to capture the right feeling. Doug, and his wonderful wife and assistant, Christine were so on point, and fast at our wedding, that I couldn’t believe just how many amazing shots we got in such short moments. There are moments we were together for 20 minutes, but I have nearly 200 AMAZING photos from that 20 minutes alone!! In total, we have around 1,500 wedding photos(not including our engagement photos), and we are still trying to go through them all!!! Doug and Christine are so professional, but at the same time so sweet and kind and patient. They also came to shoot our Lake Tahoe wedding all the way from Sacramento!!! They really go the extra mile to make sure everybody is happy!! And we are beyond delighted with our wedding photos!!! The pictures of my husband and I are amazing, but I absolutely love how many genuine “capture the moment” pictures we got!! I was almost a little worried the day of our wedding when I didn’t hire a videographer, but seeing the photos they took instantly took that regret away!!! The captured the night PERFECTLY!!! I can’t wait to have an excuse to hire Doug Miranda Photography again!!! I recommend them 110% for any wedding or engagement shoots!!!

Sent on 09/30/2019
    Doug Miranda Photography 15
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Domecus · Married on 09/08/2019

Couldn't be Happier

Doug was the ultimate great choice for our engagement photos and wedding day - his photos are GORGEOUS, he does MAGICAL things with light, and he is fun, easy-going, and unobtrusive while still being completely professional and efficient. Other than your posed formal photos, you'll barely notice him on your wedding day, but when you get your photos back you'll see that he was always, always in place to get the perfect shot. At one point during dinner, my husband and I changed into our fun dancing shoes, my husband lifted his head, instantly made eye contact with Doug from across the room, and he was by our side capturing the moment before we could blink. His prices are super competitive, he's a fantastic communicator before the event, and he got our photos back to us in less than a week. We could not recommend him more highly, and can't wait to work with him again in the future for maternity and family photos. Thanks Doug for capturing our day so perfectly, we're SO glad we chose you!

Sent on 10/13/2019
    Doug Miranda Photography 21
  • Smita

Smita Kaushik · Married on 08/31/2019

Impeccable experience

We couldn't be any happier with the photos that Doug captured during our wedding weekend. Doug is very talented, highly professional, and all around a great person! His photo packages are fairly priced, and we'd recommend his services to anyone in need of an exceptional photographer.

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Siân

Siân Speakman · Married on 07/24/2019

Perfect experience

I can't say enough about how much we loved Doug. He's an excellent photographer. Always on time. Friendly and personable. Has great ideas for location shoots. Unobtrusive but somehow always in the right place to capture candid shots. You can see emotions in his photos; it's awesome! Some of his photos are like art. I had a hard time picking out a "small" selection to upload for our friends and family to avoid overloading them. Now I have the task of picking out just one special photo to frame for above our mantelpiece. He was so professional at all times. We hired him twice: once for our civil wedding and again for our church convalidation ceremony. He was that good! I have zero regrets. There are no cons to report. He was even so reasonably priced that we stayed within budget. The whole experience was just perfect.

Sent on 09/02/2019
    Doug Miranda Photography 26
  • Hayley

Hayley Raquer-Mckay · Married on 07/20/2019

Doug is amazing!!

My new husband and I are so thrilled with our recent experience with Doug Miranda Photography! Doug took photos for our engagement and at our wedding and we are blown away with the quality of the photos and how quickly they were returned to us. Doug was easy to talk with, responded quickly to our emails, had very reasonable prices, and produced beautiful photos. We are so glad that we chose him as our photographer and will definitely be return customers for other big events in our future. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/31/2019
    Doug Miranda Photography 32
    Doug Miranda Photography 33

Rachel Eden · Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful Photos!!

When first meeting with Doug for our engagement photos, we knew we made the right choice! He is so calm and has such a positive energy. I had never taken pictures professionally so was a bit nervous and he eased our nerves and the pictures turned out perfect! He does such an amazing job at capturing candid moments and has such a good eye for finding that perfect shot. He will not disappoint and helps to keep you calm on the chaotic wedding day. Thank you Doug!!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Kayleigh

Kayleigh · Married on 06/01/2019

The best!

Doug Miranda was a dream to work with for our engagement and wedding photography. Our photos are so beautiful that I get teary eyed when looking at them. His eye for lighting and capturing candid shots is truly special. Further, he was extremely professional and fun to work with. Our entire party commented on how great Doug was. Throughout the planning process, Doug was easy to work with and provided feedback on our timeline and plans. He also helped keep us on schedule the day of, which saved the day. I highly recommend Doug and cant thank him enough for capturing the best day of our lives in such an amazing way.

Sent on 06/14/2019

Ashley Mitchell · Married on 05/25/2019

Doug captured every moment!

Doug is incredible! He captured every moment. His photography is so intimate and detailed. We had an outdoor wedding, and an indoor reception. He was able to capture the beautiful outdoor sunshine and natural setting, the surreal sunset, and then the bright lights of the dance floor. I am so grateful for the memories he helped us create. Doug is also very organized. He returns emails quickly and is patient and flexible. I would 100% recommend him for a wedding. My now husband Steve really enjoyed working with him.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Asia

Asia Avelino · Married on 05/17/2019

Wonderful wedding photographer

We could not have asked for a better photographer than Doug Miranda. He was wonderful. Working with him was a dream. He was very easy to work with. He was reliable and responded quickly to all of our questions and concerns. He was on time during our engagement photos and wedding day. He also kept us on schedule on our wedding day. Best of all, he made us look beautiful in our wedding photos! I can't say enough great things about Doug. I enthusiastically recommend him without reservation.

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Bridget

Bridget MacDonald · Married on 05/10/2019

Timeless, gorgeous wedding photos!!!

BOOK THIS PHOTOG!! If you're looking for classically beautiful photographs of exceptional quality to remember your wedding, Doug Miranda is your guy.

First, he was extremely professional and easy to work with from the beginning. Because we lived in a different city, we first met him just a couple days before the big day and were extremely relieved by how easy-going, competent, and experienced he was in approaching our vision. He listened to specifics that we wanted and made us feel like we were in great hands.

On the day of the wedding, Doug kept us on track throughout the day and ensured we got all the photos we wanted amongst the chaos. He was fun to work with, flexible in changing situations, and professional. Doug's assistant was there to help and provide an additional angle to all shots, which was wonderful. He uses multiple cameras, will find the best lighting, and even jump in the bushes to get the perfect shot.

He returned our photos in less than two weeks and we were absolutely blown away by the beauty of the photos and overall exceptional quality. I am familiar with photography myself and in booking someone, I was adamant about avoiding a trendy/filtered look, poor lighting disguised by editing, etc...basically I had a pretty high and specific bar. My high expectations were exceeded. The color and light were highlights throughout – the perfect balance in every frame. The colors are so vivid and lush yet natural. Faces and textures are perfectly exposed. He found the most gorgeous areas of our venues for each photo. He captured awesome candids of our guests I never would have seen otherwise. Tons of photos to choose from, each flattering and tasteful. The photos feel timeless, classic, and gorgeous...and tell the story of the day. I'm so impressed, these photos were better than what we imagined and and let us relive a day we wish we could repeat over and over.

Sent on 05/24/2019

Maggie · Married on 05/04/2019

Worth every penny!

There are not enough great things we can say about Doug and his wife! Doug did my husband and I's engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. Both of them turned out amazing and exceeded our expectations! Doug and his wife are both such nice people! Doug was on top of everything and making sure everything was squared away with what we wanted to have prior to the wedding so there was no stress the day of. The day of the wedding Doug and his wife were always there to capture every moment, it seemed like he was always one step ahead which made my husband and I super happy. We received so many compliments from everyone attending our wedding on how great they were. The pictures are amazing and really captured our day perfectly!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Jesssica A · Married on 02/23/2019

Wonderful experience!

Could not be more thankful or happier my husband and I decided to go with Doug Miranda as our wedding photographer. We absolutely loved our engagement session photos and can not wait to see the full gallery of our wedding day photos that I know without a doubt will be just as impressive. He was extremely professional, kind, flexible and on time with the timeline we established with each shoot/wedding day. His skill and eye for photography is undeniable, and in addition to that makes you feel comfortable and "natural" while taking photos (which can sometimes be an awkward experience to begin with lol). His wife accompanied him to the wedding as the second photographer, and it was such a joy to work with both of them. I plan on referring him to any couple I know getting married in the future. Thank you guys so much for making our wedding photography experience an awesome one!

Sent on 03/02/2019
    Doug Miranda Photography 38
  • Z

Zach · Married on 02/23/2019

February Wedding

If I could give more stars I would! Doug was a pleasure to work with and extremely professional at every exchange. He takes the lead, is efficient, and left my wife and I feeling so stress free about our photos. He did a great job at our engagement shoot, and I have zero doubt that our wedding photos will be amazing.

Sent on 03/02/2019

Lyndsay · Married on 11/10/2018

Great wedding photographer! Would recommend

The photos we received from Doug are absolutely stunning! Doug was so helpful throughout the entire process of choosing a wedding photographer. When we first contacted him, he got back to us quickly and had many affordable service options to choose from, varying in number of hours of shooting and to include albums or not. After that, he let us continue our wedding planning without bombarding us with questions about our plans. A few weeks prior to the wedding, he touched base with us and our wedding coordinator about the day-of timeline, what style of photos we were looking for, and he even helped us make a concise list of the family photos we wanted. When the day finally came, he arrived early and got right to shooting. I felt like everything ran so smoothly, as he directed us and our wedding party in the photos, while keeping track of the time. We couldn't be happier with his service, his professional and kind manner, and with the actual photos themselves! We are so grateful that we chose Doug for our wedding photographer.

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 11/03/2018

Doug is amazing!

Doug was our photographer for our wedding in November in Tahoe. He was AMAZING!! I was so busy before the wedding with work hat I didn’t have time to really go and pick out types of photos I wanted, so I went with trusting him to get the best shots. I was hoping for at least 10 favorite photos to use and there are literally over 100 favorites that I’m struggling to choose between. He was so fun and helped us keep on track with a tight schedule. We didn’t have a first look, so we had a tight timeframe to get all the different photos but they all turned out perfect!! Nothing but amazing things to say about Doug! Thank you so much for my amazing photos I love them!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Hollie · Married on 10/06/2018

Book him!!

Doug and his super sweet wife shot our wedding 10.6.2018 up in Foresthill, CA. They were incredibly professional, and all over the place. I don't know how many of our guests said to us, "We can't wait to see your photos! Your photographers were EVERYWHERE!" The best part about that was that throughout the entire night, we barely knew where they were. That was HUGE for us. We never felt like either of them were in our faces, but they caught some of the most amazing, candid moments throughout the evening. We are forever grateful to have every single moment caught on camera. Doug and Kristine are incredible. Do yourself a favor, and book them for your wedding. You won't regret it.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Junelle · Married on 09/22/2018

The Last Review You'll Need to Read

Finding a good photographer to capture your nuptials can be a daunting task. After many hours of reading numerous reviews, comparing work, calling several photographers, and meeting with a couple of them, we ended up choosing Doug for both our engagement and wedding photos. After you finish reading this review, do yourselves a favor, don’t waste any more time and energy searching and call him to see if he’s available for your special day. He’s excellent. He has 5 star ratings across the board on The Knot, Wedding Wire, and Yelp including multiple “Best of…” annual awards. He is both technically superb and very personable. His ability to manipulate lighting and composition really shines through in the resulting photos. His laid back demeanor doesn’t make you feel rushed, even when you’re breezing through the shot lists for the day.

After choosing Doug as our photographer, he continued to be approachable and easily accessible throughout our wedding planning journey. When we had questions, we were able to get our answers quickly through email. If the questions required more discussion, we set up phone meetings to discuss our questions. Doug’s expertise and experience was a huge help and relief especially for a detail oriented bride.

Doug provides several packages to capture your special day. Our package included an engagement photo shoot. Doug has great suggestions for photo shoot locations. We chose Lake Tahoe. Doug’s attention to detail and Customer Service were impeccable. During our shoots he allowed and encouraged us to be creative in order to capture our true essence as a couple. During some moments where we were not sure how to pose, he was such a professional in the way he directed our shots and made us feel really comfortable. Our experience with Doug during both the engagement photo shoot and our wedding day was both fun and memorable.

One of the most important things about capturing your day is making sure that the photographer captures the emotions of the special moments and those closest to you. Doug and his wife Christine (2nd shooter) did an excellent job of making sure to get the shots we were looking for. We want to point this out because the wedding videographers we hired didn’t have that awareness and it made for a less than stellar video. Doug is someone who is invested in knowing who and what will be most important for you.

Your wedding day will feel hectic and fly by. You won’t get to see all of the great moments happening around you as you will be focused on the important things, like walking down the aisle without tripping and staring deeply into the eyes of your lover during your first dance. After it is all said and done, you will really cherish having the precious moments of your day captured on more than just your guests cellphones. Again, do yourselves a favor and see if Doug is available. You won’t regret it!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Emily · Married on 09/08/2018

Doug was the perfect wedding photographer!! He is very professional and has creative ideas. During the wedding he was patient, friendly, not intrusive with his shots, yet very responsive whenever I needed a special shot with family/friends. Also priced reasonably which is hard to find in the Tahoe/Bay Area. All around a great experience.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2018

Best Day Ever!

Douglas photographed my May 18th 2019 wedding and he did AMAZING!! Even with the awful and I mean AWFUL weather, it was raining and snowing and he still managed to take some gorgeous pictures. And I absolutely adored his assistant, she was so very sweet. I would 1,000 percent recommend. Thanks so much Douglas!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Doug Miranda Photography 39
    Doug Miranda Photography 40
    Doug Miranda Photography 41
    Doug Miranda Photography 42
    Doug Miranda Photography 43
    Doug Miranda Photography 44

mariah · Married on 06/10/2018

Doug and his assistant were amazing! They captured every special moment without interfering in it! They were fun and easy to work with and of course our pictures were incredible. We couldn't have asked for anything more! Your wedding is in good hands with Doug!

Sent on 08/08/2018
    Doug Miranda Photography 45

Ashley · Married on 06/06/2018

Doug truly is the best! From the beginning, he responded quickly, even when I would take weeks to respond. He had many budget-friendly options for us to choose from. He met with us before the wedding and even on our first meeting it felt like we were having coffee with a life-long friend. The day of, he arrived early and worked seamlessly with our videographer. The photos are exquisite and I'm still amazed at how he was able to capture some of the moments without being noticed. I also appreciate his patience with some of our family members, who had had fun during the cocktail hour and didn't want to follow directions during portrait time. And our finished photos were ready well before he'd said they would be, even in the busy wedding season.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Grace · Married on 01/06/2018

Doug is an amazing photographer! We were looking for someone who could fit our budget and he made that happen! He was super responsive, listened to our ideas and answered all of our questions. As the bride I had ideas of how I wanted the photos to look, but I also wanted someone who would guide me and everyone to look our best. I didn't want the usual cheesy wedding poses, and we found ways to make that happen and to capture special moments and feelings. He has an amazing eye for light and has a true ability to capture precious moments. We loved working with him. We also picked him because our wedding was set to happen in sacramwnto, but we wanted to do a honeymoon shoot in Lake Tahoe. He was totally game to make that happen for us! We had a great day and Doug was a big part of why our wedding was so special.

Sent on 01/28/2018

Russell · Married on 10/08/2017

Doug is an amazing wedding photographer. From the first proposal he provided us through the completion of the event, Doug was calm, knowledgable, patient and professional.

Doug was a solid resource through the wedding planning process. He provided excellent input on logistics, timeline and the wedding in general.

He and his team had a great attitude, and you could tell they were passionate about getting great pictures.

Most importantly, the pictures turned out amazing. We are thrilled with the pictures, and have really enjoyed sharing them with friends and family.

Sent on 02/03/2018

Katrina · Married on 10/07/2017

Doug is AMAZING!!!! We got married in Lake Tahoe last weekend and we were so happy when we saw he and his wife show up to shoot our wedding. He did an unbelievable job with our engagement photos and we know he will not disappoint with our wedding photos! He and his wife work so calmly together which is what a bride needs throughout the craziness of the wedding day. Our wedding planner was a bit of a disappointment but Doug and his wife did such a great job running the timeline of our day that it made our worries go away. Doug is creative, caring, and such a joy to work with! I have recommended him to a few of my girlfriends already knowing I have complete confidence he will deliver beautiful photos for anyone! My NOW husband and I can’t wait to see our photos and our album from our special day!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2017

Doug and a his wife did our wedding picture and they did a amazing job. They made us feel so comfortable. My husband and I our the worst a taking picture and our pictures turned unbelievable. Look no further if your looking for a photographer.

Sent on 11/26/2017