Doug Edgell - Guitarist Reviews

46 Reviews for Doug Edgell - Guitarist

46 Doug Edgell - Guitarist Reviews

Danielle · Married on 10/05/2018

Outstanding guitarist!

Doug is amazing! We hired Doug to play music during our wedding ceremony and to sing at our cocktail hour. He was excellent! In fact, my bridesmaids at first didn’t realize he was playing and thought we were playing music from online! I highly recommend Doug for any wedding services. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests. He was very easy to work which made wedding planning so much easier. Thank you, Doug!

Susan · Married on 09/15/2018

Doug is a wonderful guitarist and very professional. He played at our daughter’s wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and we received many compliments on his playing. Doug is very personable, easy to work with and quick to respond to your communications. I would HIGHLY recommended him!

Kelli · Married on 09/01/2018

Doug was absolutely amazing. His videos on YouTube helped us narrow our search but his professionalism, responsiveness, and his attention to detail helped us solidify our decision. Doug is a true musician and we’d highly recommend him to anyone! Thank you so much for helping make our day perfect!
    Kelli and John

Cathy · Married on 07/28/2018

Doug is a talented musician and a pleasure to work with. We used him for both of our daughter's weddings. Each girl had a very different style from the other- he learned some new selections on request and each service was beautifully accompanied by Doug. he is professional, kind and responsive.

Samantha · Married on 06/09/2018

Doug was amazing to work with! He was super responsive, professional, and flexible leading up to the wedding and made sure we were happy with everything. Doug played solo for our ceremony and we had the trio for our reception. Both were perfect and exactly what we were looking for! We received so many compliments and were so happy we chose them to be a part of our big day!

Dale · Married on 06/02/2018

These guys are incredible.. they know how to play to the audience and get everyone involved.. they are instrumentally tight..awesome sound. 2nd time I hired them.. have become a "go to:

Sent on 07/01/2018

Doug Edgell - Guitarist's reply:

Thanks Dale!

Chris · Married on 04/28/2018

Great job with Doug Edgell Trio

• Nicole

Nicole and Chris · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband and I hired Doug to play guitar during our outdoor garden ceremony. He was extremely responsive leading up to the day, and made the song selection process a breeze. He even took two special requests and executed playing them beautifully! Doug was on time/early and brought all of the equipment he needed. The music sounded beautiful, and was the perfect complement to our outdoor garden ceremony. If you're looking to add some live music to your wedding day, I highly recommend Doug!

Mark · Married on 02/24/2018

Oh man, can they cook!

My wife and I hired Doug to play and sing during our cocktail hour this past February, and he also played at my brother's wedding last June. The entire experience of working with Doug was a pleasure! Possibly the kindest person you've ever met, and extremely attentive to all of your questions and needs. He is beyond talented and truly added a perfect element to our day! We had endless guests come up to us with wonderful things to say about his performance. Can't go wrong with Doug!

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2016

Doug was absolutely wonderful. Reasonably priced, responsive, kind and willing to learn three new songs for us with no issues at all for a very low rate. We LOVED working with him and would urge anyone else to do so. We could not have asked for a better ceremony guitarist.

Dale · Married on 10/07/2016

My partner and I had an outdoor venue-- Doug made the day all that special. He was accommodating to our music requests; paring that with his musical talent made the day perfect! His communication and professionalism was a major plus for us... and he is FUN! Once we heard his selections on You tube- we where sold !! We where so pleased with the his guitar talent, that we had to use his band for our reception the next day-- Those at the reception where commenting constatntly on their selections and how fun the group was have to have there-- They had people singing and dancing- we had a few there who had seen Doug played before and where excited that he was actually at our venue --

Look no further if you want someone who plays beautifully, exceeds your expectations, and takes none of the spotlight.

I knew Doug was the right guitarist when we saw his playlist. Our only disappointment was the rain which forced the cocktail hour inside. I still wish we could have heard Doug's voice and guitar fill the air outside Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall. He did sound great inside, however, and played all the favorites we requested. He was charming and professional. The crowd greatly enjoyed his performance during the cocktail hour. The volume was just right to fill the room without discouraging conversation. Many gathered in front of him just to enjoy his music. Thank you Doug! Yours was the best music of the evening.

Mark · Married on 10/17/2015

Doug was great! He was very professional, flexible and had an awesome attitude. Almost every guest complimented his music. I could not recommend Doug more for anyone else having an acoustic guitar player at their wedding. Thanks again Doug!

Aimee · Married on 08/28/2015

Doug (and the two musicians that comprise his Trio) were wonderful! They are incredibly talented, so easy to work with, and completely elevated the employee function that I planned for 300+ to a whole new level. The range of music that they covered was huge. They arrived early, stayed late, and played almost constantly throughout the evening, taking just one very brief break. They are beyond professional, and yet also entirely approachable and friendly. I will definitely request their time and talents again!

Aimee Fantazier
    Assistant to Head of School
    Winchester Thurston School

Nicole · Married on 08/14/2015

Doug was absolutely AMAZING to work with! He always took time to answer all of our questions and provide suggestions for music when we needed help. He played at both our ceremony and cocktail hour, and the music was beautiful! It instantly brought tears to my eyes walking down the aisle, added that special touch, and was one of our favorite parts of the day. 110% recommend Doug! :)

Andrea · Married on 06/27/2015

I heard so many good comments about Doug and his guitar-playing during the wedding and in the days after! He is truly talented and made for one awesome ceremony and cocktail hour. He played a nice mix of newer pop hits and classic oldies and it could not have been more perfect!

Renee · Married on 06/26/2015

This review is WAY overdue. I would highly recommend Doug. I live in Fort Worth, TX and found Doug on YouTube. He was playing the guitar of Marry Me by Train. I wanted to walk down the isle to this song but the lady we hired to play at our ceremony wasn't skilled enough to do it so Doug recorded and sent me a short version to walk down the isle to. I still love it to this day and hope he records a full version ;). Either way - I'd highly recommend hiring him locally or from a far. He is VERY talented and was SO awesome to create this for our special day!

• W

Whitney · Married on 11/01/2014

Doug was great! He had a wonderful music selection. Doug played before my wedding, during our processionals, and during the cocktail hour. My guests were raving about his talents! Thanks, Doug, for your part in making such a memorable wedding day!!!

Cindi · Married on 10/10/2014

We found Doug Edgell while he was performing at Narcissi Winery. Instantly, we fell in love with is music and had to book him for our daughter's wedding ceremony. Doug was extremely flexible during the week of the wedding since the ceremony eventually had to be moved due to weather. He also saved the day by performing during our cocktail hour (since our dj couldn't set up yet due to the change over of the ballroom). What a fantastic man to have!!!!

Doug was exceptional. So wonderful to work with and beyond talented.

BETH · Married on 05/31/2014

DOUG DID A FANTASTIC JOB! VERY PROFESSIONAL WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Carrie · Married on 04/12/2014

Doug is such a talented musician and did a phenomenal job! He played for both the ceremony and the cocktail hour at our wedding. It was such a wonderful addition to our day! He is wonderful to work with and a great value for your money as well!!!

Kendra · Married on 03/22/2014

I was lucky enough to find Doug on the internet by searching for a wedding guitarist in Pittsburgh. I listened to his recordings on YouTube and decided I was willing to take a chance. I cannot tell you how glad I am that I did! Even weeks after our wedding, I keep hearing how amazing our ceremony music was, and everyone is right. Doug made my day with his beautiful music.