DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore Reviews

35 | Danvers, MA

35 Reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore

Christina · Married on 06/16/2018

I had my wedding ceremony on reception at the DoubleTree Hilton in Danvers MA. The entire wedding from start to finish was absolutely AMAZING! The ceremony was beautiful in the living room, and the reception in the grand ballroom was beyond what I was expecting. It was so beautiful and was better than I imagined!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Gina · Married on 04/20/2018

Everything was beautiful! Most memorable day of our lives.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Kristen · Married on 12/31/2017

The DoubleTree (Danvers, MA) is a spacious and accommodating wedding venue! Jackie and Anthony are the staff members that directly were working with us to make our big day special. They were able to answer all questions asked by my fiancé, my parents, and myself. The hotel was able to provide our guests a room with their large room block.

The Grand Ballroom is exceptional. The dancefloor runs the whole length of the massive room, giving your guests plenty of space. No one wants a cramped wedding reception! THE FOOD CHOICES ARE AMAZING, and they allow the bar to be paid for by consumption. Added perk! We could give an allowance to the bar to pay for beverages, or we could pick up the tab. They do also offer an “open bar” option price per person as well as table wine service.

FOR YOUR WEDDING PARTY, THIS VENUE OFFERS A PRIVATE AREA TO GET READY AND TAKE PHOTOS. The hotel has countless photo spots! You don’t even need a photo room! Since we are having a winter wedding, Jackie and Anthony told us that the hotel would still have the Christmas décor up for pictures as well. This was appealing to us.

From the moment we visited the DoubleTree Hilton, Jackie and Anthony greeted us with a champagne toast, and gave us some of the delicious cookies to take home. Their hospitality and extra efforts to make us feel appreciated definitely did not go unnoticed! JACKIE AND ANTHONY ARE ABLE TO WORK WITH YOUR BUDGET, GUEST LIST, AND SPECIAL REQUESTS. The DoubleTree Hilton, Danvers, was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 02/11/2016
  • User7859617 · event on: 02/18/2017

Great space - we held our nonprofit fundraising gala here! The staff was incredibly professional and helpful throughout the entire process.

Sent on 03/04/2017

Laurie · Married on 02/16/2017

The entire staff at The Double Tree North Shore was absolutely amazing to work with! Starting with Jackie, the director of catering. She was truly wonderful, and helpful every step of the way!

Steve · Married on 02/01/2017

Great customer service and overall experience.

Ellen · Married on 12/17/2016

We used this venue for our Holiday Party. Great venue, great location. Jackie was very professional.

Courtney · Married on 12/02/2016

With a guest list of 400 peoples, my choices were very limited when it came to wedding venues. The DoubleTree North Shore wasn't my first choice, but once I saw the grand ballroom and how spacious and elegant it was, I was immediately impressed, and booked the venue. What I loved about the DoubleTree was their amazing package including just about everything you need for your wedding (for me the gold start was chiavari chairs that were included in the package because I knew I wasn't settling for any other chair!). My amazing, mother did do most of my planning, she's very picky and a woman who knows what she wants. Anthony, our wedding planner was more than accommodating with making all of her requests met. Your wedding should be the most amazing, beautiful day of your life, and for us it definitely was thanks to the Double Tree Boston North Shore!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Nicole · Married on 08/27/2016

Anthony Perez and the staff at the Doubletree were amazing when we had our August 2016 wedding. We met the chef before our wedding to make a change, he was so pleasant. The food was outstanding, not one complaint. We chose the grand ballroom for our reception and it was beautiful. Everyone had a good time. Anthony made sure everything went smooth. I would highly recommend any couple planning an upcoming wedding to check out the Doubletree in Danvers, Ma.

Sent on 02/17/2017

Christine · Married on 08/20/2016

where do i even begin?! Anthony was the absolute professional during the entire booking and planning of our wedding. the night of, he was all over the place making sure things were done correctly, done in a timely fashion, and most importantly done to the way we wanted. the staff from top to bottom were very friendly and polite. there are not enough good things to be said of Anthony and his staff at the Double Tree by Hilton North Shore. the venue was beautiful, the food was superb and the experience was priceless. if you are looking to have the absolute perfect wedding, at the absolute best venue, with only the utmost professional and accommodating staff, look no further. Anthony and his staff will not disappoint!

Jane · Married on 04/30/2016

Our school had our yearly fundraiser, The Spring Soiree at the DoubleTree in April 2016. It is one of two fundraising events and it is very important that it be done well. The DoubleTree team is really the best. They are responsive, helpful and more than professional. I am very impressed with how they go the extra step to get to know their clients. I appreciate that there are no hidden costs and you know up front what you will be paying. The food has always been excellent and I cannot say enough about the service. From the planning to clean up after the event, I would highly recommend the DoubleTree and their outstanding staff.

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2015

Great experience!! The double tree Hilton made my wedding day a dream come true!

Sent on 02/09/2017

Tracey · Married on 11/15/2014

Jessica was very easy to deal with and always there to answer my questions !!!!

Sent on 11/26/2014

We were a little nervous at first as our site coordinator left a few months after we picked the venue. Luckily, her replacement, Jessica, was awesome. She actually made us feel even more comfortable with the planning process. Our wedding night was flawless from beginning to end. The staff was so accommodating and our guests raved about how delicious the food was. We would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a great wedding venue!

Sent on 11/23/2014

amanda · Married on 07/25/2014

We loved working with Jessica to make our weddin day everything we dreamed of. She was so accommodating and everything we asked for she made it happen !!!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Miranda · Married on 09/26/2014

Everyone at this location was very hospitable. Jessica Perkins was amazing and took care of everything. She was really what kept me calm during the while process.

Sent on 10/03/2014

Theresa · Married on 09/28/2003

Excellent place for a wedding. The room is beautiful, the food superb and the service incredible. Everyone made our wedding very special. Would choose this venue again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/24/2008

Jessica · Married on 07/26/2014

The entire night was amazing!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Katie · Married on 07/10/2014

We held the Rehearsal Dinner for our son's wedding here in the Tradewinds Restaurant. After a bit of a rocky start ( misplaced deposit check and an event coordinator who was seriously unqualified), we were pleasantly surprised when Jessica took over our event. She answered all of our questions promptly and offered alternatives for any issues we had. The Tradewinds Restaurant was the PERFECT setting for our function, and everything looked beautiful. We chose the North American Buffet, and I am a tough critic... The food was AMAZING! I can't get over how good it was. We did a consumption bar, and I am glad we did as it worked out less than if we had purchased the per person deal. All of the staff were so helpful, even taking the dirty diapers from the new moms in attendance. It was all money we'll spent.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Krista · Married on 05/14/2016

Jackie was very responsive and accommodating for all of our requests in planning the prom.

Melissa · Married on 06/11/2016

4.2

When we first booked our wedding here we had Jessica as our Wedding Coordinator. Jessica ended up leaving a week after we signed the contract (we loved her and she was why we booked there). Throughout the year and a half we went through 3 other terrible wedding coordinators. I wouldn't even be giving this review all these stars if it were not for the final coordinator, Anthony, who saved us. We had such a bad experience with the other coordinators that I was beside myself. I thought my wedding was going to be a disaster. Once Anthony took over, he proved that he really knew what he was doing. I am so thankful that Doubletree found him or else this review would probably be very different. If Anthony is still there, I would definitely recommend that you book your wedding there. He did everything for us and more. I can't thank him enough. I also want to give a shout out to Donna who was serving us in our Bridal Party Suite and us specifically during the reception. She was so polite and helpful and really took care of us. She even packed up my Husband's cake to take back to the room because he didn't have time to eat it. Thank you Donna!

Sent on 08/16/2016
  • JennV

Jennifer · Married on 10/07/2017

3.0

I have chosen to do a hotel block from Double Tree for my wedding guests. I am an October bride which is a very popular month for hotels to require 2 night minimum stays (which I did not know about until trying to block rooms). The Double Tree was the closest and only hotel that did give us a few rooms with a one-night stay flexibility. The response time was extremely fast and professional which was helpful. I am hoping that I have enough rooms to accommodate all the guests that would like to stay and if not, I hope there will be some flexibility.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Mandy · Married on 07/13/2014

3.5

It was a great venue and the staff was very helpful!

Sent on 07/25/2014

carolann · Married on 07/12/2014

3.0

This was an "after party" for a wedding. Function room was exactly what we wanted. The waitress and bartender were excellent and did a great job. Prices were high. More was spent on alcohol at the after party than at the entire wedding reception. Flexibility was great with food and appreciated. Jessica was very professional, although sometimes it felt like it took a while to get email responses. Very helpful with block of rooms, which were clean and nice.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Victoria · Married on 10/11/2008

3.8
      3.5

We used the Ferncrfot for our Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, and Reception. There was a little bit of a ruff start as we went through 3 wedding coordinators (appears they have a lot of turn around). Finally they hired Carolyn who was wonderful to deal with. Our ceremony appeared to go off with out a hitch. Our reception went really well. Although there were a few guests tables who did not receive there dinner rolls, and another table who's dinners did not all come out in a timely fashion. My step-father was served a different cake then ours. Ours had white frosting on it and the piece he got had chocolate frosting (there was another reception going on right next door). Also the appetizers that myself (Bride) and my husband chose to eat at the food tasting was so delicious but at the actual wedding was very undesirable. Other than that the night was wonderful. Our head waiter was great and Carolyn was always there to answer any questions I had during the night. I think that no wedding is ever bump free so ours came as close to bump free as could be. The atmosphere inside the Ferncroft was great. If we had to do it all over again I would definitely pick the Ferncroft again :)

Sent on 10/28/2008