Double Trip Press Reviews

Double Trip Press 6
Double Trip Press 7
  • Maura

Maura Durkin · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Invitations that will leave your guests in awe!

I wish I could give them 100 stars because my best decision for my wedding was working with Double Trip Press. I do not even know where to begin to tell you future brides/grooms how much I love and adore Ryan and Nicolette. I wanted to work with a local company near my house in Lakeview, so I found Double Trip Press by simply Googling and reading their reviews. They were all 5 stars and wonderful, so I knew I needed to check out the team for myself to see if this was the real deal. The moment my parents, husband and I first met Ryan, it was an instant connection. I explained to Ryan my vision for the wedding but told him I had no idea how I wanted the invitations to look. I was lost! He told me to trust him, and I completely did. The moment I saw my mock ups, I cried. Ryan blew my parents', husband's and my exceptions out of the water! He even created our monogram and custom wax seal that we will use for the rest of our lives. Ryan and Nicolette not only did our invitations but all of our day of items: place cards, bar signs, dinner menus, custom ribbon bound church programs, custom guest book made out of Horween Leather (absolutely unreal), dance floor monogram, cocktail napkins with our monogram, custom personalized cigar match books with our monogram (a surprise gift for my husband, his groomsmen, and all guests that fancy a cigar as I had them put out in bowls at the 4 bars), thank notes, and custom stationary for Shane and me, which I gift my husband on our wedding morning when I wrote my first letter to him with my new last name.

I cannot speak any more highly of these wonderful two people who made all my wedding dreams come true. My husband's favorite part was when Ryan let him do one of the letter presses on our invitations. It was quiet a personalized and unforgettable experience working with Double Trip Press. They are genuine and care about your wedding dreams and vision. HIRE THEM!!! I will most definitely be using them in the future for future O'Mara parties and my parents have already told Ryan to start thinking of ideas for the next Durkin weddings. :) BEST DECISION EVER

Sent on 06/09/2019

stephanie · Getting married on 05/23/2020

Stunning Quality - The Absolute Best!

Both Ryan and Nicolette from Double Trip Press are amazing. They both spent a lot of time with me designing our Save the Dates, Invites, Thank You Notes, Guestbook and will continue to design more items as I get closer to the wedding. Their work is so unique, and does not look like your average wedding invitation. The high quality of their work shows. Ryan and Nicolette are so personable, and such sweet people to work with. I couldn't recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Katina · Getting married on 11/02/2019

Masters of Letterpress

Double Trip Press went above and beyond for our wedding stationery. Our guests haven't stopped gushing about the impeccable layout design, paper selection, and overall craftsmanship of the cards. (The envelope liners were hand-painted with watercolor for crying out loud!) I didn't have a clear vision when we started, but Ryan really nailed the vibe we were aiming for. His expert knowledge, creativity, and willingness to collaborate made the experience and final product better than I could have imagined. Ryan and his team are an absolute pleasure to work with. Seriously—could not recommend more and I can’t wait for the next project.

Sent on 08/11/2019

Rachael Dicosmo · Married on 10/05/2019

Love Double Trip Press!!

Working with Ryan and Nicolette at Double Trip Press has been an amazing experience since day one! One of the things that I noticed quickly when meeting with them for the first time, is how wonderful of people they are. They really get to know their couples, and genuinely care about them. We chose Double Trip Press, and it was the absolute best decision!

Since the start of working together, their communication with us has been outstanding every step of the way. With both my fiancé’ and I traveling for work a lot, they made communicating with us a breeze and it has been so very helpful! It has been a huge relief knowing we can count on them completely. When discussing our invitations, I had no idea how to describe what I wanted, but Ryan listened to every single thing I brought up for ideas and put together several beautiful different mock up styles. I bounced a lot of questions off of him regarding the different ways to word our invitations, and he was a huge amount of help with that, and offered great suggestions! Ryan and Nicolette did a lot of extra things that saved us a lot of time and we are so very appreciative they helped us so much. We picked up our invitations a few days ago, and I started getting tears in my eyes because they are everything I wanted and more, and I couldn’t be happier!

We have decided to continue working with them for our day of stationary, favor tags, guest bag inserts, and our cardbox through them as well! Another thing that I love about working with them, is that they are always up for a challenge. If there’s anything we think of that we decide we want to do, we know we can talk to them about any ideas!

I can’t say enough wonderful things about Ryan and Nicolette! I will definitely be recommending Double Trip Press to friends getting married and family for not only wedding stationary, but other things as well like holiday cards, thank you cards, business cards, new home announcements, etc. We look forward to working with them again! : )

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Laura

Laura Madison · Married on 09/06/2019

Incredible

The responsiveness and creativity of this team is unparalleled! Thank you

Sent on 06/26/2019

Andi · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing Talent, Amazing Service, Amazing People!

Do yourself the favor and hire Double Trip Press for all of your wedding needs! Ryan is a master of his craft. Ryan created our Save the Dates, Wedding invitation Suite, Escort Cards and Thank You Notes. When working with Ryan, you will find he is the most patient, kind and talented person. I am not vey descriptive, nor do I have an eye for the details so had a hard time telling Ryan what I wanted our "look" to be. Ryan exchanged at least a thousand emails with me and my planner and spoke with me on the phone multiple times, asking directed questions, providing input and suggestions and just listening. What he came up with was exceptional. We have received so many compliments and loved the final products!

In addition to Ryan's talent, he and Nicolette are truly welcoming. Their studio in Lakeview was walking distance to my parent's house so they were able to stop by to see what Ryan was up to (which was always something new and cool!), and pick up the invite packages as soon as they were ready. Two days before our wedding, we had to reprint some escort cards due to table rearrangements. Ryan and Nicolette didn't bat an eye. They re-did them for us the next day and coordinated with my dad so that he could pick them up during the craziness the day before the wedding. Amazing.

We will continue to sing their praises and will be recommending Double Trip Press to everyone we know!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Adnaan · Married on 08/28/2019

Flawless work by great folks

Nicolette and Ryan were kind enough to let me drop in for an inquiry on very short notice and walked me through all the materials and design options for the two guestbooks I needed for our wedding in less than 3 weeks. They graciously agreed to accommodate me, and Nicolette communicated with me every step of the way. On August 29th, I received two absolutely stunning guestbooks in the mail. Friends and family were blown away by the attention to detail in the two books and their slip case.

If you appreciate artistic ingenuity, this is the place to go. Thank you Nicolette and Ryan for realizing our vision!

Sent on 09/09/2019
    Double Trip Press 8
    Double Trip Press 9

Mary · Married on 08/10/2019

Stress Free - Client Focused

Double Trip Press is the place to go if you're looking for a stress-free, customer focused experience. Ryan designed and printed our wedding announcements, which were more beautiful than I could have imagined. I am not terribly artistic so I was unable to give Ryan much direction. He asked all the right questions to get a sense of mine and my husband's style. Based off of our answers, he created the most elegant wedding announcement that matched our style perfectly. I can't say enough good things about Ryan and Double Trip Press, which is why I have recommended them to everyone I know. My family and friends have used Double Trip Press for wedding invitations, birth announcements, business cards, and stationery. All of their work is designed with the individual client's taste in mind. I can't say enough good things about Double Trip Press!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Bethany

Bethany Myelle Plews · Married on 08/03/2019

Elegant Invitations; Delightful to Work With

Ryan at Double Trip Press did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding invitations. The beautiful letterpressing added an extremely elegant level of sophistication to our invitations that elicited compliments from a countless number of guests.

Ryan was extremely easy to work with and welcomed every piece of input we had. He truly made us feel like we were an important part of the design process. His experience and expertise clearly showed through on the final product. He created exactly what we wanted despite us not knowing what we wanted.

We cannot say enough good things about Double Trip Press -- If you're looking for elegant, beautiful wedding invitations in Chicago, don't think twice about reaching out to them.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Samantha H · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing!

Ryan, Nicolette and team did an absolutely AMAZING job on the paper goods from our wedding. From the invitations to the gorgeous menus done on handmade paper for the day of, they were absolutely wonderful to work with from start to finish. Cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Keating

Keating · Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful Invitations

Ryan did an amazing job on our invitations and other paper goods. He was great to work with and very patient in going back and forth emailing about color and font types! We got so many compliments on our invitations, we are so happy with them! Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Double Trip Press 10
    Double Trip Press 11
    Double Trip Press 12
    Double Trip Press 13

Henry · Married on 09/22/2018

Ryan and Nicolette at Double Trip Press were fantastic. We worked mainly with Ryan who was always willing to accommodate our ideas and any changes we wanted. From out first appointment we knew we would get a beautiful completely custom invitation. It's a one of a kind invitation and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/02/2018
    Double Trip Press 14
    Double Trip Press 15

Connor · Married on 09/21/2018

From the very beginning, working with the team at Double Trip Press was nothing short of a pleasure. They were not only able to give us the invitations we had envisioned, but they provided us with ideas, feedback and truly made our invitation experience better than we could have ever imagined. Completely custom, completely client focused and completely worth it. Thanks again Double Trip Press!
    -Connor and Kristen

Sent on 07/31/2018

mary · Married on 08/18/2018

Most Beautiful Invites Ever!

We were married on 08/18/18 and people are STILL talking about how magically perfect our invitations and all paper goods were for the wedding. Everything from the ceremony booklet to the menu was PERFECT. We had a theme in mind and Ryan went above and beyond to literally give us the invites of our dreams. I am obsessed with paper products and I coudn't have even imagined how beautiful they would turn out. I could not be happier with their service and quality, and I recommend anyone who is in need of invites/printing to check out Double Trip Press! They are the absolute BEST AROUND!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Double Trip Press 16
    Double Trip Press 17
  • FutureMrsCoffeeSnacks

Alyssa · Married on 06/30/2018

BEST. VENDOR. EVER!!!! Working with Double Trip Press on our wedding invitations (and more!) was the best decision we could ever make! Ryan is an absolute joy to work with -- he was always so upbeat, responsive, professional, easy-going and helpful throughout the whole process. On top of all that, he truly is a creative GENIUS -- we were absolutely blown away by how perfect our invitation suite (and everything he designed for us) turned out. Ryan spent time getting to know our wedding "theme," as well as our individual styles and created the most beautiful invitation suite I have ever seen that perfectly blended all of those things (not an easy feat, especially since my husband and I had two very different styles in mind)! Invitations are the first glimpse into your wedding for your guests and as soon as we sent ours out, we received SO many compliments from family and friends on how stunning, unique, and elegant our invitations were. I can't emphasize enough how wonderful it was to work with Double Trip Press! Seriously, whether you live in Chicago or elsewhere (our wedding was in Maryland!), get your invitations from Double Trip Press -- it is SO worth it and you'll end up with the most beautiful invitations ever!! Thank you, Ryan and the entire DTP team!!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I could not say enough about how great our experience was with Double Trip Press! Our wedding invitations, menus, thank yous, and monogrammed tags were absolutely beautiful! Many of our guests even took the time to contact us about how exquisite the invitations were and I have referred Double Trip to my recently engaged relatives and friends. Not only does Double Trip deliver in top notch quality, but Ryan and Nicolette are very personable. Therefore, it was very easy to communicate with them throughout the wedding planning process. You will be extremely happy if you choose to work with Double Trip!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Bella · Married on 05/05/2018

I cannot say enough good things about working with Ryan at Double Trip Press! From FaceTiming me samples to find the perfect shade of hunter green to offering to design my thank you cards, Ryan truly thought of everything. Even from the beginning, his sense of creativity helped me to translate a theme into a gorgeous invitation I was proud to mail my guests. I know that it wasn’t just his beautiful end products but his professionalism and artistry that made my wedding invitations a dream come true. I was actually so happy with the results I asked him to do my place cards and thank you cards because I knew they would be flawless. I cannot say enough good things about this entire process and would absolutely recommend Double Trip Press to anyone!

Sent on 02/20/2018
    Double Trip Press 18
    Double Trip Press 19

Eileen · Married on 03/31/2018

The Double Trip team is beyond awesome!

I worked with Ryan and Nicolette on a project for a limited edition 5-Year Anniversary letterpress coaster set for DryHop Brewers in Lakeview and it was the BEST experience. From start to finish communication was on point, everything was incredibly organized, and their team is a joy to work with! It was unbelievable to see them at work at the presses, and they taught me a lot about the printing process, which was unexpected, but so appreciated.

I would highly recommend working with Ryan and Nicolette for any project - work/wedding-related, etc. The finished product was beautiful and the recipients loved their custom coaster set!

Sent on 07/25/2018
    Double Trip Press 20
    Double Trip Press 21
    Double Trip Press 22

Aleksa · Married on 12/16/2017

Double Trip Press is an extraordinary find that provides the most professional and attentive service, while producing truly beautiful work. I recently worked with them on a wedding invitation suite, and Ryan worked tirelessly to make sure that every element was exactly as we envisioned it, absolutely going above and beyond to ensure a flawless product... not to mention that he's just a really nice guy who's such a pleasure to work with! I'm so grateful for Double Trip press and can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2017

My husband and I worked with Ryan on our wedding invitation last year. We cannot say enough wonderful things about Ryan and all the staff at Double Trip Press. I had been looking at the bigbox wedding invitation sites but was unable to find anything personal. From the first moment I saw Double Trip Press's portfolio and talked with Ryan on the phone, I knew he was our guy. He was so calm and reassuring and had thoughts and ideas about the whole process. In the end, we had the perfect wedding suite that resembled us. The detail he added to our wedding invite and envelopes was stunning. We had a budget in mind and he was wonderful at helping us to stick to it. With all the craziness that a summer in Chicago brings with road closures and parades on top of wedding planning, Ryan was nice enough to hand deliver our invitations to our apartment. We can't wait to work with Ryan again and would very highly recommend him for all printing and design needs!

Sent on 05/16/2018
    Double Trip Press 23
    Double Trip Press 24
    Double Trip Press 25

Kendra · Married on 09/15/2017

We recently contacted Ryan to assist us in creating out wedding invitations & stationary. We communicated a few times over email with our likes/dislikes etc., and what Ryan came back with was beautiful! He took what was just an idea and created a beautiful invitation for our guests. On top of the invitations, Ryan also created all of our bar signage, table numbers, placecards, and menus. The design was flawless and absolutely stunning. Although we live in MA and Ryan is located in Chicago, I am so happy we decided to use Ryan as our guy. Highly recommended and absolutely beautiful work! Thank you Ryan!

Sent on 09/28/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/14/2016

Double Trip Press is simply the best! Ryan is a visionist and made our different, but dream save the dates a reality! We had just bought our first house & wanted to combine a happy new year, we've moved, & save our wedding date save the date! It turned out more beautiful & elegant than we ever thought! Ryan took every bit of what I said & also added additional personal touches that were unbelievable! Best thing is? We don't live in Chicago! We live outside of Philadelphia and did everything via email, Skype and phone conversations. I highly recommend using Double Trip Press for all of your wedding needs. We're thrilled that we did & can't wait to start our wedding invitations with Ryan and Double Trip Press!

Sent on 01/21/2016

Lynn · Married on 10/14/2016

Even though we live in PA and Double Trip Press is located in Chicago, this whole process was so pleasant and seamless from beginning to end. It's very much a collaborative effort and he is on top of everything every step of the way. I have had sit down, in person consultations that did not result in this type of professionalism. Ryan, who is the owner brings such truly unique ideas and creativity to the table, I know we never would have thought of. Yes, even in the world of Pinterest, he clearly surpassed everything I have ever seen especially when it came to quality, attention to detail & creativity! He really listens to what your own vision is and then takes that vision to a level that is unparalleled to anything out there! After all the compliments we received on our Save the Dates we are more excited than ever to see the wedding invitations! I have every bit of faith and confidence that he will again surpass our highest expectations with his labor of love! I highly recommend Double Trip Press for all of your wedding stationery needs. When you get to see and feel the quality of his work I can say without hesitation that his fees are more than reasonable. Double Trip Press is truly a breath of fresh air in this industry.

Sent on 01/27/2016

Sara · Married on 09/03/2016

Working with Double Trip Press to create our wedding invitations was wonderful. He is kind, outgoing, patient, responsive, hardworking, and incredibly gifted. He was flexible with all of our edits and took a vague request to incorporate a map of our wedding location and turned it into a work of art. He was also candid and stuck to deadlines. It was evident through the entire process that he not only enjoys his craft, but that he is deeply talented. The end product was a gorgeous wedding invitation that touched on all of the factors we wanted to prioritize. Countless guests have told us they love our invitations and that they are the most beautiful they’ve received. I recommend Double Trip and Ryan whole-heartedly and can’t wait for the next project with him.

Sent on 01/23/2016

Liz · Married on 05/29/2016

Ryan is amazing to work with and he's unbelievably creative and talented. He genuinely cared about how we wanted our invitations to look and feel and executed them flawlessly. He's quick, responsive, detailed and caring. I highly recommend double Trip Press for wedding invitations (and other printing for that matter) and have been receiving rave reviews from our guests about the gorgeous invitations. TEN STARS!

Sent on 03/30/2016