Double Platinum DJ Service Reviews

192 | Milwaukee, WI

192 Reviews for Double Platinum DJ Service

• User4191641 · 2+ years ago

We were so happy we chose DPDJ on the strong recommendation of my experienced wedding planner. Matt did a great job and was quite professional. We were very pleased by his music selections, music editing, setup/quality of the sound system, slideshow/projector, and his responsiveness to our requests (including some last minute changes and a quick turnaround on moving the speakers back outdoors).

All in all, everyone had a great time and Matt really added to the atmosphere not only with the music but also by making helpful but unobtrusive announcements -- exactly what we were hoping for!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Brandi · Married on 06/14/2014

Double Platinum DJ was absolutely amazing at our wedding. We hired them for our DJ, but they also provided their light up dance floor. All I kept hearing from my guests was the DJ and dance floor are "awesome!" We also ordered their music video services. Our DJ, Erick, video mixed for the last 2 hours of our dance. He did the perfect balance of oldies in the beginning and top 40/EDM the last hour of the night. EXCEPTIONAL service.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2014

I had a lot of issues with some of the businesses I was working with for my wedding, but Double Platinum made it extremely easy. Bill, the owner, is very professional, friendly, and responds quickly to emails. Ryan & Rob, the DJs for my wedding, were professional yet very friendly. They were able to find obscure music for me and help make recommendations as well. I LOVE the fact that Ryan balanced out my moments of indecisiveness and moments of being picky. Thank you!!!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Natalie · Married on 05/31/2014

Outstanding, just outstanding. We were a little apprehensive about finding a DJ online; after countless interviews we finally met with Bill. He made us feel comfortable and educated us with information that we otherwise wouldn't have known to ask. When it came to the day of our event, we could not have been happier. The room was lit perfectly, behind our head table sat a beautiful sparkling crystal backdrop. We could not have asked for a better DJ. Tyler was professional, attentive, and kept me and my guests dancing all night. We recommend that Double Platinum isn't only the reasonable choice, but the smart choice!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Melissa A. · Married on 05/25/2014

Double Platinum DJ MADE our wedding day. The backdrop was perfect and the music was great. I would recommend to anyone. :)

Sent on 06/27/2014

Krystal · Married on 05/03/2014

Above & beyond everything we could hope for in our reception! The led dance floor was a hit! The music was excellent & the floor was packed all night. The uplighting, crystal backdrop, & monogram really transformed the room. David our dj came to find us for answers to questions & suggestions. We didn't have to worry about a single thing. We would book them again & recommend DP DJ service to everyone!
    Krystal & Joey

Sent on 05/07/2014

Jessica · Married on 04/26/2014

I really can't say enough wonderful things about Double Platinum DJ.

I'm so glad The Abbey Resort recommended this company. From the very beginning, they made everything so easy.

The week before my wedding David Hall contacted me by email and phone to talk about the upcoming reception. He was so easy to talk to and get a hold of. I am a little picky on certain things and kept changing the look of the monogram projection. David was so patient with me and kept providing me with altered versions until we found the perfect one.

It was great to finally meet David on my wedding day. He was so open and welcoming, briefly went over everything and was receptive to some last minute changes my husband wanted.

The level of detail David paid attention to was wonderful! The way he up-lit the room was beautiful! When my husband and I walked into the venue we were in awe!

And then there is the music! AMAZING! Every bride is worried that the dance floor is going to be empty and their wedding is going to be a flop- well that was NO where near the case at my wedding!! He did a wonderful job at keeping the dance floor full! He even took the time to ask my permission to play a song that was on my "do not play" list when multiple guests requested it. I thought that was very considerate of him, to not just turn my guests away but ask me if it would be okay. He managed to get the majority of our guests, young and old onto the dance floor, and he played such a great range of music so there was truly something for everyone. The floor was literally full of people dancing and singing until the very last minute of the reception!

David also did a great job throughout the night of keeping my husband and I updated on time frames, what was going to happen next and where we needed to be. He had such control and flawless timing with everything!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. Double Platinum DJ made my wedding reception a success!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Laura · Married on 01/18/2014

Double Platinum DJ was awesome to work with and I highly recommend to anyone looking for a DJ service!
    They do way more than just play music. They provide a fun atmoshpere for your guests. The free uplighting they do is beautiful and they have other affordable add-on features to add to your day such as their light-up dance floor.
    Bill, the owner, meets with you to go over what you are looking for. Before you even book with them, they mail you a packet containing music list information/order of events/optional services and postage paid envelopes to mail in your deposit as well as another to mail back the book once you have filled it out (there are also reminders on each envelope of when to send them back by - definitely nice to have a reminder for all the planning you are doing).
    Our DJ, Alex, was a pleasure to work with. He was responsive to our wants and needs especially regarding music selection and order of events. He was flexible with the wants and needs of our guests as well to keep everyone on the dance floor! I will definitely recommend to my friends/family. Thanks guys for making our reception amazing!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Highly recommend the crystal backdrop- it is jaw dropping. Amazing staff. Amazing services. Very easy to work with and very personable!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Double Platinum was awesome. Allen was our DJ and met any request that we had! He kept our dance floor packed with a variety of music. The uplighting was fabulous! Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 01/25/2014

Mike · Married on 11/09/2013

I would highly recommend Double Platinum. Bill Spindler and our DJ, Allen Johnson, were a pleasure to work with. Both genuninely cared about putting on a great event for my wife and I.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Megan · Married on 11/02/2013

We used Double Platinum DJ for our wedding on Nov 2nd at Oconomowoc Lake Club. They met with us several times prior to our event to talk about details and provided great information prior to the event. Our DJ for the wedding, Matt, was wonderful and made the party flow well all night and our guests had a great time dancing and celebrating the night away!

We felt we received a great value for our money - everything was perfect!

Sent on 01/09/2014

I would highly recommend Double Platinum to any couple who is going to be getting married. If you can request DJ Kurt...we just loved him. He was so easy to work with. He did everything we asked for and didn't do a thing we asked him to avoid. Our guests loved him. They were on the dance floor all night long; which is just what we were hoping for. Great company to work with!!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Robert · Married on 10/12/2013

Double Platinum DJ Service was a pleasure to do business. During our search for a DJ service, they were the most helpful and responsive to all our questions. Their service information, quotation and welcome/song book let were all very detailed. They even set up a personal phone interview with your assigned DJ to go over the details and their background.

Allen was our DJ for the night. He is was very friendly, professional, and organized. In addition working for Double Platinum, he is also a club DJ so he was able to read the crowd, keep it fun and have everyone dancing. He was even kind enough to let me come up spin a couple tracks; he's a cool dude!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Nicole · Married on 10/05/2013

Double Platinum DJ's were AMAZING!!!! Everyone raved about the music at our wedding. Our DJ knew just what songs to play to get everyone on the dance floor. We were given an extensive list of songs to pick from, but we left it pretty open. they were able to gear the music towards our guests! Double Platinum also brought their huge projector screen and AMAZING light up dance floor! This and the up lighting around the room turned what was a gorgeous reception room into a real party room! I was in LOVE with everything they did! Nicest guy too! he worked with my sister, who put together a flash mob for the wedding, to get the song played and make sure people were all in place!
    I would, and have, recommend Double Platinum to any bride and groom looking to have an amazing and worry free night! Best DJ's out there!!!

Sent on 10/29/2013

the service was fantastic. the uplighting throughout the tents created a special aptmosphere. david has to be the best dj in wisconsin. he also provided mics for the ceremony and anything else we needed including lighting trees along the pathway to the tents and shuttle. he was professional at all times and never intrusive. his music never stopped and he kept the dance floor packed. i would highly recommend him and double platinum dj service.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Joy · Married on 08/31/2013

We were thrilled with our DJ - David - and everyone had a blast dancing the evening away. He was very responsive to the guests, even the kids that planned a dance to entertain us. He played only music that we liked and did not play anything on our do not play list. And he was a wonderful emcee, keeping us on track for all the important wedding things we had to do - cake cutting, garter and bouquet toss, toasts, etc. He was interactive with the crowd and even got out and did a dance with us. But definitely not over the top or cheesy. He was very quick with replying to any email or text requests and had no problem with last minute changes. He also did our ceremony and everything went off smoothly - the music switched when it was supposed to, it was the right volume, and was just absolutely beautiful. At the end of the night, he gave us a CD of music that was on our play list. I loved that!

Bill, the owner, was very willing to work with us on our DJ assignment. He was responsive and easy to work with throughout the whole process.

Sent on 09/07/2013

This is the BEST DJ SERVICE IN WISCO! Love these guys. Amazing to work with. Amazing service. Have nothing but 5 stars for everything. Guests gave constant compliments and were on the dance floor all night!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Melissa · Married on 08/10/2013

The #1 feedback from my 200+ wedding guests was: "your DJ is amazing." Double Platinum is the best in the business. We used them for DJ & uplighting. The room was gorgeous and our dance floor was packed the entire night. We almost went with Sound by Design, but they were much more $$$. We got lucky with DP!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Lauren · Married on 08/02/2013

I had such a great time working with Bill! He accommodated everything that I asked, and he also was VERY easy to work with when we had to change our wedding date. He's very quick to respond, which you don't see very often anymore. Our DJ, Erick, was also great. We had the dance floor packed ALL NIGHT, and had a great last song on the floor with a bunch of our close friends at the end of the night.

Thank you so much for everything, we cannot thank you enough!!!

Lauren & Evan Banach

Sent on 08/07/2013

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/20/2013

When looking for a DJ for my wedding, I had two requirements: 1) NO cheesy music (with the exception of an electric slide, because who doesn't love that) and 2) Keep the dance floor full. I can say with confidence that Bill of Double Platinum DJ did both of these things perfectly.

We were originally planning to have our wedding in Wisconsin so that's how we found out about Double Platinum - Then we decided to have it in Chicago and still felt good going with Bill. We skyped with him early on and found out we had a lot in common musically and he seemed very passionate about his job - Combine that with the fabulous up-lighting we saw in his photos and we were sold!

The soundtrack for the night of our wedding was wonderful - Though I'm sure a few of our older guests would have preferred 1 or 2 more slow songs from their eras, we tried to please everyone and because it was our party, we wanted the atmosphere to stay upbeat and fun so Bill recognized that. As a surprise, he also projected the music videos for the songs onto the wall of our venue (the Shedd Aquarium) which was a HUGE hit - Everybody said they had never seen anything like that at a wedding and it was very entertaining. Bill Spindler was awesome to work with and we're so happy we went with Double Platinum! :)

Sent on 08/01/2013

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/20/2013

I can't say enough good things about working with Bill! We met him over a Skype meeting and instantly bonded with him due to his laid back attitude and our similar tastes in music (local band LBC was a favorite for us all!) He was very helpful during the planning process, making a trip to Chicago to visit our venue and speaking with our wedding coordinator as needed.

As for our actual wedding day, we were absolutely amazed -- Bill went above and beyond of what we asked of him. The up lighting he provided at the Shedd Aquarium was so beautiful, more than I could have imagined and when the dancing started, he projected the music videos on the walls in the Great Hall of the Shedd, something we did not previously discuss but added a really fun element to our wedding that nobody will ever forget. It was like nothing I had ever seen and people are still talking about it months later!

My husband and I really enjoyed picking out our music selections prior to the day and I don't think there was any that Bill missed -- we danced all night and then some and loved it so much, that there was an actual disappointed sigh from everyone when the lights came on at the end of the night. We really wanted to have a packed dance floor and make sure that everybody got out of their chairs and Bill accomplished that no problem. I will never forget our reception so thank you Bill for making it an awesome night!

Sent on 04/23/2014

Stephanie · Married on 07/19/2013

I loved everything about their services...Damian and Bill played the best jams all night. Allison has the lighting end of the business and it turned out better than I could've imagined...Thank you for everything...

Sent on 07/24/2013

Double Platinum provided excellent music and lighting at my wedding. Double Platinum staff were professional and helpful. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Christine · Married on 07/06/2013

Double Platinum was my DJ at my wedding. They did a fantastic job. They played the music we asked for and kept the dance floor packed all night long.
    They were so easy to work with. I am so glad they were at my wedding!

Sent on 07/27/2013