Double Knot Pictures Reviews

Double Knot Pictures 5
Double Knot Pictures 6
Double Knot Pictures 7

Jorge C · Married on 09/10/2019

Talented folks and beautiful work

We knew Double Knot from Texas. So when it came time to take some pictures in NYC, both my wife and I were very comfortable being cradled into their capable hands.

And they delivered.

Kayla came up to photograph us walking along some of our favorite neighborhoods in our wedding outfits. We did classic wedding shoot things, like laugh and embrace while on a romantic walk. We are also very stupid, so we did kitschy New York City things, like eat processed food from a street vendor and flip off imaginary miscreants. All of these things were captured with a great eye for art and detail, and the pictures we received later on were truly stellar. Add to that the open way Kayla led the session. Modeling for her was so easy and comfortable. It's a skill she excels at, and the beautiful images she delivered speak further to her innumerable talents.

Throughout the mess of working with us and our busy schedules to make a shoot happen, Double Knot was very professional, flexible, understanding, and timely in their communication. They're out to be the best, you can tell. They care. And in a crowded market of memory-makers and storytellers, that can be the difference between taking a chance on someone established or trying your luck with someone who's up and coming. That they have it all together so well seems almost miraculous. And now our memories of that day have a miraculous aura, too.

Sent on 04/19/2019
    Double Knot Pictures 12

Emily C. · Married on 02/10/2019

Wonderful experience!

What a wonderful experience!! Kayla took photos for our Brooklyn elopement last year, and we could not be happier with the result.

Kayla was warm and friendly, and made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process. She was able to capture our true selves in her photos, and the portfolio she delivered have given us tangible memories we will forever cherish (some of our favorite photos are now framed on our mantle at home, a daily reminder of this day). As a bride, Kayla's photos and direction made me feel confident and beautiful, and she somehow always managed to catch my most flattering angles :) my husband looked great too, of course! ;)

Most importantly, she was able to capture our laughter and our love on our special day. There's always a lot of pressure to picking out your photographer -- honestly your dress can be so-so, and the flowers can be mediocre, but if you don't have beautiful pictures, you'll only be left with the memories in your head. I can safely say that if you hire Double Knot Pictures, you will be looking over your wedding album with your grandkids someday, and feeling just as happy remembering as you did living your wedding day.

Sent on 04/22/2019

Kassie · Married on 10/06/2018

So far, Double Knot has been fantastic! Our consultation was fantastic and we were able to schedule our engagement photos for just a few weeks later. We are obsessed with our engagement photos. They are GORGEOUS! We could not be happier and cannot wait to have them document our wedding (both video and photo).

Sent on 12/10/2017

Alex · Married on 03/17/2018

My wife was extremely nervous about our wedding and I am pretty sure did not sleep for the three months leading up to it. The only real responsibility I was given was choosing a photographer. I met Adam at a Bridal Expo and after having a conversation with him decided to do some due diligence and checked out his website and the portfolios of his photographers. The pictures to me were stunning and my wife agreed. I felt confident with my initial gut reaction after meeting him and booked Double Knot for our wedding based on Adam's easygoing thoughtful nature and the quality of the work they had done previously. Kayla was our photographer and there is not a sweeter more professional person. We barely knew she was there except when she was directing me and trying to actually make me look good which is a task in its own. My wife, who was critiquing everything from the caterers to the single ply toilet paper at the venue, only had good things to say about her. All the deadlines we outlined when I bought the package were met, and my wife and I both thought our personalities (the best parts) were captured perfectly. The highlight video was by far the best part to me and even my friends who would never admit to liking anything as sappy as a wedding highlight video said it was awesome. Thank you Double Knot for making me look competent to my wife. I just cannot speak highly enough about the professional manner Adam and his team exude, and the personal touch they bring to their work. They are true artists and saviors of this fiance now husband.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Lydia · Married on 01/02/2018

I would like to thank Kayla and Double Knot Pictures, whom we hired as our Photographer for our Golden anniversary on January 2nd . She worked hard from start to finish of the celebration. When we receive the pictures, I was getting emotional! The picture I will always cherish will be the big group picture she got of me , my husband and ALL 10 of our GRANDKIDS who flew in from all over to surprise us. I will always remember these moments of dancing and spending time with my family..Thank you for the photos .

Sent on 06/25/2018

Heidi · Married on 11/06/2017

Matt and Destiny were fantastic. They were very professional but also fun and made us feel super comfortable. Matt really went above and beyond to make me happy and was so knowledgeable and easy to work with. He even literally ran backwards for probably 8 blocks to get some awesome shots of our second line. l definitely recommend Double Knot and can’t wait to see the pictures. l know they are going to be incredible!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Carly · Married on 10/29/2017

Adam, Kayla, and the rest of the crew were FANTASTIC with everything, from our engagement shoot, communication, response time, and of course the Big Day! We got the Combo Supreme package to get the best deal on all media for our wedding and it did not disappoint. The price was ideal for what we got and the coverage was exceptional. The pictures and video are outstanding. On the day, I noticed them when needed -- for posed photos and if I had any questions. Otherwise, they blended into the crowd to make themselves as unobtrusive as possible. Vibrant colors and natural moments were captured flawlessly. You can see everyone's emotions seep through the lens! I am so thrilled with the work and recommend Double Knot to everyone for photos and video!

Sent on 01/05/2018
    Double Knot Pictures 13

Mellody · Married on 06/09/2017

Everyone knows how important it is to find that right photographer for your wedding. I mean it is the most, if not one of the most important days of your life.
    Kayla is the girl for you! She is so energetic, loving, and professional. She captured the most incredible poses and shots. My hubby and I are always goofy and she even captured some of those moments we were having and didn’t even know she took them. It was awesome to see them later. She would get down on her knees to capture some awesome angles. She even listened to some ideas we wanted and added to it. She makes sure nothing is out of place like hair, dress, straps, etc. and makes you feel comfortable and just having fun.
    If I could give more than 5 stars I would!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Megan · Married on 02/25/2017

I did a lot of research before booking my wedding photographer and videographer. After meeting with Adam and asking him a LOT of questions, I landed on booking Double Knot Pictures. Our engagement session and bridal photos were an easy process and we got the pictures back very quickly! Working with Adam and Kayla was easy and effortless.

Our wedding sneak peeks were received within 2 weeks and we should have the remainder of the images and video by the end of the month. We're looking forward to getting them!

Sent on 03/16/2017

sahar · Married on 02/10/2017

Working with Double Knot Photography was the best decision we made for our wedding. They are the most professional people in the business, and their customer service is unbeatable. They captured every picture we wanted and the speed in which they returned the pictures to us was unbelievable. They are truly the best in the business.

Sent on 02/28/2017

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2016

Kayla & Matt were fantastic! They took so many beautiful pictures and captured the whole day and night better than I could have imagined. I highly recommend Double Knot Pictures!!

Sent on 11/22/2016

ALEXANDRA · Married on 10/28/2016

Adam has been informative and fun to speak with during our planning process. Both my fiance and I are excited to work with his team! He's confidence rubs off on us and we need that reassurance as we search through all of the vendors in Austin. We are psyched to be able to work with Double Knot to capture our WEDDING!!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2016

Eric and I wanted our wedding photos to be simple, honest, and real. We needed a photographer who was going to be able to go beyond what is trendy for weddings these days. That's why we chose Double Knot Pictures. Kayla was absolutely amazing. She was able to fully connect with her subjects, giving each photo brilliant subtlety and nuance. Everything--from planning to delivery-- was handled with great love and care. Eric and I could not be happier. We want to get married again to have more photos <3

Sent on 06/26/2018

Patricia · Married on 04/09/2016

Adam and his team are incredible!! They are on point and deliver high quality services and exceeded our expectations. I can't believe how fast and efficient they are with such professionalism and ease. They ensured perfect planning and and great talent prior to and after our special event. Search no further and you'll be beyond happy with Double Knot and Adam's team!!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Simone · Married on 04/02/2016

I couldn't possibly recommend these guys more to anyone getting married! In fact, I find myself constantly telling people about how great they are. As someone who works in the film industry, I was a bit picky when it came to deciding who would capture my big day, but I couldn't be happier with what Double Knot delivered to me. The pictures were beautiful and covered every aspect of my wedding. I was told by many people who couldn't attend the wedding that the pictures made them feel like they were really there. The highlight reel was everything I could ever wanted in a video and more! It was amazingly edited and beautifully captured all the memories from that day that I cherish the most. The documentary cut was also awesome and gave me a way to truly relive the big day. Adam, Kayla and the rest of the team were very professional, reliable, and attentive to my specific requests. They are a great group of people who will get the job done better than you could imagine! I find myself frequently watching the videos just to relive all the emotions and excitement of my wedding day. There may be a day sometime in the future when I'm not watching the highlight video over and over again, but it's not coming any time soon!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Laura · Married on 12/05/2015

I honestly do not have enough words to describe what an incredible team Double Knot is and how perfectly they captured my wedding day. They are actually magic. My husband and I chose to have photography and videography for our wedding, and I'm so glad we did both. Even though it rained the day of (which worried the hell out of me), Adam and his team stood in the rain for hours and made the images more cinematic than I could have ever imagined. As I watched our wedding video (sobbing), I felt like I was watching a Nicholas Sparks movie except it was actually my life. The footage was SO GOOD and showed even the small moments between me and Blake. My family and friends were all impressed with Double Knot's work and how seamlessly they moved through the crowds, paying attention to detail and capturing all of our emotions that day. I've watched the video and looked through the photos a million times now. Think about how you want your wedding to be captured, and get ready for Double Knot to exceed your expectations.

Sent on 12/16/2015
  • F

Frank · Married on 10/17/2015

When my wife Camilla and I first met with Adam at Double Knot Pictures, I knew we were going to have a great experience but I couldn't have imagined then how much time, energy and hard work Adam and his amazing team would bring to our wedding day. The quality of their work was phenomenal and truly captured all of the happiness of the day. But even beyond how over-the-moon we were about the finished product, I can't say enough about the personalities of this team! Such a great experience to work with all of them, and how well THEY worked with our photographer and other vendors to make sure the whole day ran as smooth as can be. We highly recommend Double Knot to anyone looking for a high quality finished product from an awesome group of people!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Anthony · Married on 10/09/2015

Adam and the Staff at Double Knot Pictures provided us with astonishing photos and first class wedding videography. The quality and finish of the final product was superior. Adam and his team were always up-front about costs and pricing. After seeing our pictures and wedding videos we felt that we received a huge bargain. I would recommend Double Knot to my closest friends.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Anne · Married on 07/04/2015

Absolutely amazing people to work with! Full of great ideas, so easy to work with and super helpful! Our highlight and documentary videos were greater than I could have dreamed! I highly highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Taylor · Married on 05/24/2015

I don't know if I will ever have the words to describe how amazing it was to work with Adam and Double Knot Pictures. Right from the beginning Adam bent over backwards to answer each and every one of my questions, plan a package that fit my budget, and create a vision for what we wanted for our wedding. On our wedding day, he and his second shooter, Jorge, showed up early to the venue and got shooting right away. They filmed our wedding day for over 10 hours NONSTOP. They captured every detail from getting ready to the end of the reception and never missed a beat. When we got our highlight reel back, I watched it on repeat in (happy) tears. The video quality was impeccable, almost every single guest was featured, and each sweet moment was captured SO perfectly. I've watched the video about 100 times already but each time I fall more and more in love with their work. I admit that I was a super picky bride who wanted everything exactly a certain way but Double Knot Pictures 110% exceeded my wishes and expectations. Adam and his crew are truly SO talented. They were my favorite vendor to work with and gave us the greatest wedding memory because NOTHING is better than getting to relive that magical night again and again. I'd recommend these guys any day.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Sarah · Married on 04/11/2015

These guys are AWESOME. As someone who loves watching my family's old home movies (and who also works in film), I knew that our wedding video was very very important to me. I was blown away by the amazing job Adam did. On our wedding day, they were so great about getting the best shots but not feeling too in your face. And they captured the personalities of our guests, getting really funny shots of people dancing and joking. When Adam sent our highlight reel, I couldn't help but cry. The transitions were incredible, the perfect moments he captured, it was all so so good. They captured some great outdoor shots to incorporate into the whole feeling of the venue, the setting, the whole mood of the day. His team is great to work with, they listen, their price is great, and most importantly they do an outstanding job. I know I'll be watching our video for years and years to come. Book them!!

Sent on 08/15/2015

Autumn · Married on 07/23/2013

I am a wedding coordinator and I have worked with Double Knot many many times at my wedding venues and they have always been great to work with so responsive , professional and just kind good people !!! I just recently had them at my own wedding for photography and videography and they were amazing ! I prefer more candid shots than posed and they captured everything I wanted and were not intrusive at all which is important . In looking over the photos they captured so much joy and real emotions and their work painted the perfect picture of everything that embodied our wedding !! These guys are professional and sweet and really quick on turn around ! I have looked over my pictures and watched the video a thousand times and can not do anything but just smile from ear to ear . Thank you Double Knot Pictures for being awesome and capturing the most perfect day in the most perfect way !!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Dasola · Married on 08/13/2016

Double knot did great to making things right and make my wedding day video footage what I wanted it to be. Thank you so much Adam for being flexible and kind through the process.

Regards,
    D

Sent on 06/23/2018

Double Knot Pictures's reply:

Hi Dasola,

I was completely unaware that you weren’t satisfied with your experience, and I am so sorry you were left feeling unhappy with what we delivered. We’ve made some serious changes to our delivery process, editing, and brand in the two years since your wedding, so I'm going to do whatever necessary to make this right. You and Tomi were incredibly kind and welcoming to us, and it was our last intention to ever disappoint you in any way.

Your videos were delivered late, for which I take full responsibility. I also regret that the revision process took longer than expected, and I should’ve prompted feedback more often from your husband. In the past two years since your wedding, we've taken steps as a company to improve our delivery and revision process, and I am truly sorry we weren't better prepared at the time of your wedding.

Secondly, I wanted to make sure I understood the section of your review where you reference the "scoring" so I can best correct the error. Are you saying that the song was incorrect, or that the dialogue hard to hear, or that the editing to the song was not what you hoped for? I do agree that the audio can use cleaning up, and I will be happy to make those changes for you so the video lives up to our current standards. Once I have clarity as to what the issue is, we will be happy to make whatever revisions possible to make your video something you will love to watch again and again.

Finally, I really appreciate your feedback on the packaging of our discs. I completely agree with you: it needed a rehaul. We've since hired a team to revamp our packaging and brand. Once we make the changes to your video, I will be mailing you new discs with our new brand and packaging. I think you’re going to love it!

I just sent you an email with more details. I hope we’ll be able to share a call soon, so we can make things right. I'm looking forward to doing everything I can to have you happy with your wedding video.

Best,
    Adam
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 10/13/2018

Double Knot made the best highlight video of our amazing day!

Our wedding was at Avery Ranch Golf Club in Austin, TX and we chose their ultimate package which included Double Knot pictures. All in all, they did a wonderful job. I appreciated that they were flexible in working with pricing and fulfilling any other questions/requests that I had for their services. The day of they showed up on time and ready to take pictures/film. They were pleasant and easygoing to work with that day. I wish they were a bit more assertive with organizing photos (especially because I gave them a detailed list ahead of time); it was like herding cats with my family/friends and we had to get through a lot of photos. I recognize that isn't all their responsibility though. Our photos were good, but the highlight video made me cry tears of happiness it was so amazing. I can't stop watching it. The documentary (full length video) was good too with the only exception being some brief moments where the filming was unsteady, but perhaps that is the feel you get with a "documentary" style type of footage. Double knot, thank you for al that you did to capture our wonderful day! I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 12/17/2018