Donna Cheung Photography Reviews

Donna Cheung Photography 6
Donna Cheung Photography 7
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/30/2019

Best decision of our wedding!

After seeing several other photographers work, Donna is truly a professional that stands out. She is a joy to work with and does a fantastic job of being active to catch those special moments the best way possible. She’s also great at giving you directions like what/where/how to pose if you have no idea what to do. Donna definitely comes prepared and is more than capable to handle the event/occasion. She is also timely with communication and photo turnaround. Choosing Donna to take our photographs is one of the best decisions we ever made and we always think of her when the subject of photography comes up. Ten out of five stars.

Sent on 08/25/2019

Katherine · Married on 06/29/2019

Our Best Choice for Vendors

Where do I even start with Donna- choosing Donna Cheung Photography is the BEST choice for any wedding! Donna is so efficient and was with us every step of the way when it came to preparing for our big day. Donna responds quickly and consistently, and is just all around a talented and amazing person. My husband and I had so much fun working with her- we felt so comfortable and it shows in the gorgeous pictures she took. Donna also had a second photographer Abby working with her who was equally professional and talented. Donna put my type A planning personality at ease and we are so happy with how everything turned out. Anything we wanted- Donna did her best to make it happen! The albums are beautiful and we received our digital pictures within 2 weeks and albums within a month and a half. Donna was respectful of our religious ceremony and our wedding coordinator. We would absolutely recommend using Donna Cheung Photography!

Sent on 08/31/2019
    Donna Cheung Photography 8
    Donna Cheung Photography 9
    Donna Cheung Photography 10
    Donna Cheung Photography 11
    Donna Cheung Photography 12

Rachel Kinsman · Married on 05/26/2019

So talented! Simply the best!

Donna did an amazing job capturing our wedding exactly as we asked. She was organized, timely and so helpful. From our engagement shoot to our wedding day, all of the pictures came out beautifully. She asked lots of questions about what was important to us, such as details of the day that we wanted to remember. She got great photos of all those things. There are a few things I would change about my wedding but choosing Donna as our photographer is not one of them. My husband and I strongly recommend Donna Cheung Photography!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Kelly · Married on 03/17/2019

Donna Cheung is incredibly talented- Best of the Best

Where do I even begin to rave about Donna Cheung? To say that my husband and I are incredibly pleased with our engagement photos and wedding photos would be an understatement. Donna is incredibly talented at what she does and was a true professional throughout the entire process. The quality of her photos were unlike anything we had seen before, which is why we ultimately decided to move forward with Donna Cheung Photography. On the day of the wedding Donna arrived early, and had already been taking photos for 10 minutes before I even realized! She was calm and collected even when time began to slip away and she made sure every single photo I wanted captured, was taken. My husband and I did not have a videographer, we chose to invest our money into the photography of Donna Cheung. Our wedding photo's will last us a lifetime and we wanted the absolute best- Donna! Donna's style of photography allows your entire wedding day to be told from start to finish. Every large moment of the day was captured, but what I loved the most, was all of the smaller, more intimate details that were captured throughout the day as well. Honestly, the best decision we made other than getting married, was choosing Donna as our photographer. By looking through her website blog, between the engagement sessions and wedding sessions, it's extremely clear that Donna loves what she does, and it shows in her work. My husband and I are so grateful for our photos, and all of the special memories that Donna captured for us!!!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Liz R · Married on 03/12/2019

Talented photographer with a HUGE heart!

From the minute we met Donna we loved her. She was incredibly warm, kind, supportive and creative. She really cared about what we cared about and knew how to balance our requests with her professional opinion. We loved having her capture our engagement and special weekend as she was a beautiful storyteller and always knew how to put everyone at ease, especially during some of the most exciting and emotional moments of the wedding weekend.

She was extremely organized leading up to the wedding and following the wedding. We received a preview of select photos within days after getting married and she was very collaborative when putting together our wedding album.

I'd recommend Donna to any couple who is looking for a talented photographer with a HUGE heart!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Carolyn Walbert · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Wedding Photos

Donna did a fabulous job with our engagement and wedding photos. We were so impressed with the quantity and quality of photos that we received from the wedding, we are having the hardest time choosing which ones to put in an album and in frames! Donna was incredibly organized as well and blended in with the event happening around her. We highly recommend Donna!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Lincoln · Married on 10/13/2018

Exceptional does not even cover it...

We cannot begin to thank Donna enough for capturing our special day. Not only was every photo stunning, she found wonderful and clever ways to incorporate little details into all of them. We wish we could have events every year, so that we could use her to capture all of our life moments. She and her second, Rachel, we timely, professional, fun and made the entire experience fun and happy. We could not have found anyone more perfect for the job!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Julie · Married on 09/02/2018

Donna is incredible and if you are looking for a photographer to capture your wedding or other special event, I would recommend you book Donna! Photography was one of the most important items for our wedding and we did a lot of research to find the perfect fit. From our first conversation with Donna we felt comfortable and looking at her amazing work, we knew we had to book her. From our engagement shoot last year to our wedding a few weeks ago, all the pictures we have received we absolutely love. Donna does an amazing job at capturing the candid, raw moments, while also being the most efficient and organized person in ensuring all of our "must-have" shots were taken. Multiple family and friends commented about how organized and professional Donna was while also being so friendly and kind. We cannot thank Donna enough and absolutely plan to work with her again in the future! xoxo - Julie & Ben

Sent on 09/16/2018

kelly · Married on 08/18/2018

To me the photos, and photographer are one of the most important components to the day. So after much research, and phone conversations I chose Donna Cheung Photography. Although the wedding is next year, we have already done the engagement photos. What a fun experience, Donna's professionalism and bubbly personality really made it easy for my fiancé and I to relax and just have fun during the shoot. The photos came out beautifully, Donna has a lovely and artistic eye. She got us the finished photos in record time. Can't wait to see what she does on our wedding day, and to have the day memorialized by Donna.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Cayla · Married on 08/11/2018

Donna is absolutely amazing! Is it possible to give someone more than 5 stars? We were so fortunate to have had her capture our special day. She is professional and fun to work with, while also taking incredible photos. During both our engagement session and our wedding day she kept the energy fun and was also able to easily direct us in order to get great shots. Donna gave us a sneak peek of our wedding pictures, and within weeks we had all of our pictures ready! It has been just over 2 months and we received our wedding album, which is leatherbound and crisp - I can't stop looking at it. A lot of time and energy is put into the wedding of your dreams, and the biggest part of it for us was to have it all captured with beautiful pictures to last a lifetime. If you are looking for a high quality photographer, I strongly recommend Donna! I can't say enough great things about her.

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Donna Cheung Photography 19
    Donna Cheung Photography 20
    Donna Cheung Photography 21

Meghan · Married on 07/09/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Donna and her photography. I've known Donna for many years and knew the moment I got engaged, she would have to be my wedding photographer. Not only is she a great person - super professional, quick to respond, and very accommodating - but her photography is everything you've ever dreamed of . Every picture was perfect! From capturing every moment we wanted, to photographing all the candid moments that made our day special, she got it all. Donna made everyone at the wedding feel important and was so incredible easy to work with. We had a LOT of kids in the wedding and at the wedding, and she managed to even get great pictures of them. I don't know many photographers than can get 4 young siblings all calm and looking in the same direction for beautiful pictures. Donna is an amazing photographer and a wonderful person. She will make your day truly special, and in the easiest-most relaxing way. If you're looking for a kind, easy-to-work with photographer, that takes AMAZING pictures, you've found her!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Alexandra · Married on 07/07/2018

Going into wedding planning having an amazing Photographer was a main priority for me. It was one of the only places i was truly willing to "blow" my budget on. I did a TON of research and stalking all photographers social media pages. I knew I wanted crisp, amazing timeless photos and thats when I found Donna. She is by by far one of the best wedding decisions I made. The quality of her photos and her skill is really top notch. From the moment i met her in a coffee shop to make sure we "jived" i knew she was the right pick. My husband is a huge introvert, hates having his pictures taken and was not really looking forward ot a wedding with all the attention on him. Donna was amazing at putting us both at ease on our engagement shoot and wedding day, which with my husband is a huge feat. She taught us so much at our engagement shoot that truly made our wedding day photos so much more natural and spectacular. Day of the wedding I didn't have to think at all because i knew Donna would capture every moment and item that i could want. She is a true pro and a great and wonderful person to work with!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2018

Donna is wonderful and we highly recommend her!! Donna had photographed our friends wedding and we loved the photos and her other photos on her blog, so we set up a meeting with her. Our initial meeting with Donna was wonderful! She is so nice, organized, professional, and easy to work with! Throughout the whole process she always responded to emails quickly and gave us recommendations for other vendors she has worked with in the past. Our final meeting right before the wedding was also wonderful! Donna had created a perfect timeline of all of the pictures we wanted and worked with us on adjusting the times and setting and getting in everything we wanted! Donna was so easy to work with on our wedding day and worked so well with our videographer. Our pictures came back quickly and we fell in love with them! They are gorgeous, exactly what we wanted, and we still can’t stop looking at them!! Donna did a fantastic job capturing all of the important moments of the day and capturing all of the emotions candidly! Donna did an amazing job as our wedding photographer! She surpassed our expectations and we can’t thank her enough!!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Katie · Married on 05/19/2018

Amazing experience and breathtaking pictures

Donna came highly recommended by my wedding planner and I know why! Our experience with Donna was spectacular. She is so sweet and a master at her work. We felt so comfortable with Donna and her assistant on our wedding day and our pictures are breathtaking (despite the rainy weather). So many guests commented on Donna's approach - out of the way, but always there to get the perfect shot. Several asked for her information so they could use her too. You will not be disappointed if you book with Donna - two thumbs up from a very happy couple!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Tara · Married on 05/04/2018

Simply put - Donna is the best. I was between two photograghers for our wedding and then I found Donna on the Knot - looked at her blog / photos she's taken, and booked her immediately. It was the best decision I've ever made. I cannot count the amount of times I was complimented on our wedding photos. Donna got all the shots we asked for & more. She is so professional & listens to what you need .

Sent on 06/10/2018
    Donna Cheung Photography 22

Kathleen Fenn · Married on 04/21/2018

amazing wedding photographer!

My husband and I loved working with Donna for our wedding photography and we cannot say enough good things about our experience! From the beginning, Donna was a great communicator, which made planning our wedding day photography experience very easy. She was very easygoing and professional and put everyone at ease, from our wedding party to our families to our other guests. Most importantly, her photography was absolutely gorgeous. We would gladly recommend Donna to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Katy · Married on 03/24/2018

When I began the wedding planning process, I knew that choosing a photographer would be one of the most important decisions to make. Looking through Donna's website I instantly gravitated towards the simple elegance her photographs depicted. I was even more convinced I wanted to have Donna be a part of our wedding day during our initial phone conversation where she was kind, professional, and organized. We first met during our engagement photo shoot where Donna put both me and my husband at ease, and took beautiful photographs at the same time. On the actual wedding day Donna and her assistant worked seamlessly throughout the day, sometimes I didn't even notice she was there. Receiving the final wedding photos cemented my belief that Donna was the perfect photographer to be a part of our special day. The photos captured moments and details of the day, and I am so happy she was able to capture those memories. Donna truly brought our wedding day to life, and we will always be grateful to her for her professionalism, kindness, and talent.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Mary · Married on 09/23/2017

Donna and her team were really awesome!
    From the moment we booked with her till we received the album she communicated with us so professionally. She even sent us a thoughtful gift just cause. During the wedding I as the bride got overwhelmed at times but she stayed patient and flexible with me making sure we were both comfortable. Her art is impeccably gorgeous! Clear and fresh photos with the exact vintage style we wanted. Our wedding day would not have been the same without her. Financially it was well worth it. If you are a bride or groom wanting to capture your special day with your loved ones, book with Donna she does her very best to give you the dream album you deserve.

Sent on 12/30/2017
    Donna Cheung Photography 23

T · Married on 09/09/2017

Donna did an amazing job with our photos. I found her work online and fell in love with her style. From the first time that we spoke, I could tell that not only is she extremely talented, she is very organized and professional. Our photos came out beautifully and we are so happy to be able to share the memories of our special day with friends and family in the years to come. Donna was fantastic to work with and I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Samantha · Married on 07/15/2017

Words can't even begin to describe how happy we are with our decision to choose Donna as our wedding photographer! Donna is seriously a superstar and if I could give her more than 5 stars in this review I would. Both my husband and I are uncomfortable having our photos taken and she was amazing at helping both of us feel at ease. Never before have I looked at a photo of myself and thought "wow I love this" but I can honestly say that about HUNDREDS of the photos that Donna took.  She went above and beyond to deliver photos that are even better than we ever could have hoped for, and when I saw "above and beyond" this is not an exaggeration. She offered to drive me the the 30 minute plus drive from our hotel to the venue , and had her assistant drive my husband, so we wouldn't have to pay to have 2 cars take us separately for our first look,  and she stayed well beyond the allotted time we had booked with her on our wedding day so she could get some extra photos of us and our guests at the fire pit we had at the end of the night. The sheer number of fantastic shots she and her assistant were able to capture on our wedding day is astounding, including a ton of priceless photos of my step mom who had cancer and passed away less than a month after our wedding day.  We have over 1,200 AMAZING photos of our wedding day which she delivered WEEKS earlier than the deadlines specified in our contract with her. I seriously can not recommend her enough!!

Sent on 10/04/2017
    Donna Cheung Photography 31
    Donna Cheung Photography 32
    Donna Cheung Photography 33

Abby · Married on 07/08/2017

Working with Donna throughout my wedding planning process was honestly one of my best wedding planning experiences. She is more than just a photographer, she is an amazing support and so knowledgeable about everything wedding related. Donna was constantly available to me via email or phone and would always respond to my many questions promptly and in detail. During our engagement photoshoot and throughout our wedding day, Donna made us feel so comfortable while taking photos and directed us throughout the photoshoots to get the most amazing shots. She even drove us to our ‘first-look’ location on the wedding day to help us save time! She truly goes above and beyond to make the wedding planning process and wedding day stress-free and perfect, all while taking absolutely stunning photography shots.

After our wedding (and engagement session), Donna returned our photos to us SO quickly – in even less time than her predicted timeline. Her work is truly stunning and makes for the most beautiful memories. We received over 1,000 wedding shots, all edited with beautiful angles and lighting. She photographed every aspect of our wedding day leaving us with memories of even the smallest details. The presentation of her work is even perfect. Our digital photos were sent to us in a beautiful package with a custom flash drive, some treats and it even included a few bonus prints that we weren't expecting! ..Not to mention that our album came out beautifully with over 80 of our favorite photos within it!

I can’t say enough about our positive experience with Donna and her work. I was already able to recommend her to another bride, and I’m 100% confident they will have an equally amazing experience. If you are looking for a kind, professional and extremely talented photographer, Donna is definitely all of those things and more!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Laura · Married on 06/17/2017

Donna was absolutely incredible. From the very beginning she was professional, responsive, and flexible. The day of the wedding she was extremely thorough to get every picture we had discussed and was really helpful in organizing the appropriate groups without being pushy. Overall very professional and made the day so easy for us.
    We just received the final pictures and we are more than thrilled. Donna's style really shows how much of an art photography is: we had a rainy day and she made it look like we had a gorgeous day. She gets a great combination of posed pictures and candids (which we were looking for) and made sure to capture as many of the guests as possible. She even stayed beyond the scheduled time to make sure she got pictures of us cutting the cake. I can not rave enough about Donna and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Brittany · Married on 06/09/2017

Donna was amazing to work with for both our engagement shoot and wedding! She's talented, professional, and organized and made sure to get a ton of beautiful shots in a way that made us feel comfortable and at ease. She never rushed us and also didn't take too much of our time, which was especially important on the wedding day! Donna & her assistant worked extremely efficiently and went virtually unnoticed by us and our guests during the wedding. Donna did a beautiful job with our wedding album as well, and we couldn't be happier with the entire experience! Would absolutely recommend if you're looking for great photos & an easygoing pro on your wedding day!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Margaret · event on 05/13/2017

Donna was engaged as our photographer for an engagement party last week in Westchester County. She was a delight to work with. Easily moved within the crowd for candids. Also, helpful in shepherding family and friends for group shots. Then, faster than promised, she shared her work and we were so very pleased. Also, the process for sharing, saving and printing the images was extremely easy and flexible. I would recommend Donna without reservation. MOB

Sent on 05/19/2017

Megumi · Married on 01/29/2017

Donna took many photographs faithfully at our wedding ceremony. We thank her for preserving our precious day. We enjoy her beautiful photography everyday. Rob & Meg

Sent on 10/11/2017