Dolce Bakery in Kansas City Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Alexis
    Alexis M. Married on 11/01/2020

Amazing Service!

They did an amazing job for my wedding and their cake was amazing. They answered any questions I had along the way. I am still getting compliments!
  • LaVona
    Lavona M. Married on 10/10/2020

So excited to work with Dolce!

I’ve purchased cakes from Dolce Bakery in the past for birthdays so I was very excited to visit now as a bride and use them for our wedding! The cake tasting was absolutely delicious and they are very accommodating to create what we want both taste-wise and aesthetic-wise. We decided to go for a “cake table” with 5 or 6 9in round cakes and I was very pleased with the price especially knowing how delicious they are. I think our guests will be pretty darn pleased!
  • Carolina
    Carolina G. Married on 02/12/2020

Beautiful & Delicious Desserts

Dolce Bakery created our wedding cake, cupcakes, and sugar cookies. They did spectacular and made every part of the planning process easy! Everyone thought the cake was delicious as well as beautiful! Would highly recommend!
    Emily J. Married on 10/26/2019

Great to work with, amazing quality

We used Dolce Bakery for our October 2019 wedding. We ordered a single tier cake (red velvet cake w/ sea salt caramel icing) for cutting and 100 macarons for our dessert table. Everything was delicious! Jessica was easy to communicate with and provided top-notch service. Prior to the wedding, we really enjoyed our cake tasting and appreciated the cake design consultation and flexibility.
  • Carrie
    Carrie G. Married on 09/14/2019

Wonderful Bakery!!

The cake from Dolce was delicious! They are truly talented, the cake looked beautiful and they put the flowers on from the florist and it was perfect. They were amazing from start to finish, I would highly recommend them!
    Samantha Z. Married on 09/06/2019

Amazing customer service and cake!

We planned this from out of state, they were very flexible with meeting us and the cake taste testing was an experience. You get a tray of cake flavors and their icings, you mix and match and then pick 1 or several different options. Everyone raved about the cake at our wedding. We did vanilla cake with raspberry cream filling/frosting, chocolate cake with salted caramel filling/frosting and red velvet cake with cream cheese filling/frosting.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 09/02/2019

Delicious!

My goodness, our cake was good!!!!!! My #1 priority for my wedding cake was for it to TASTE GOOD. I have been to countless weddings and the cake is typically my least favorite thing. When we were planning our wedding, my one request was: I do not want this cake to taste like wedding cake. Jessica and the staff at Dolce Bakery were so wonderful: from the tasting to the presentation and taste of our cake. We were presented with several options, and initially I was sold on the dark chocolate cake with salted caramel cream filling. After the tasting, this choice was SO DIFFICULT! All of their cake flavors were so delicious that I wanted all of them! The cake was light and fluffy, their filling options were all scrumptious, and I could be thrown into a vat of their vanilla cream icing and die happy. We ended up choosing the chocolate cake with salted caramel cream, carrot cake with pecan praline filling, and lemon cake with alternating layers of lemon curd and raspberry cream (the groom’s cake) all covered with their vanilla cream icing. I sent Jessica a photo of my cake choice (a watercolor cake) and then sent her a picture of the purple color I wanted to be on the cake. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!! They did such a great job and everyone kept commenting on how pretty the cake was. And the taste was EXCEPTIONAL!!!! All of our guests and the other vendors kept asking us who baked our cake; it was a huge hit! Additionally, the staff at Dolce Bakery are so accommodating!!! I wanted to surprise my groom with his cake. He is a WSU Shockers fan and I am an LSU Tigers fan, so naturally I could not let his Shockers groom’s cake go unanswered. I contacted Jessica about somehow making the inside of the cake purple (he had yellow lemon cake layers), and they jumped right in on the fun to dye the raspberry cream purple. They drove our cake 1 1/2 hours to our wedding site and set up the cake. It was gorgeous!!! We will definitely use Dolce Bakery in the future for birthdays, anniversaries, and just snacks!!
    Rezwana M. Married on 08/31/2019

Great Cake

The cake was great and Jessica was very helpful in customizing it and even lent us a stand to use for the reception! I would highly recommend them for wedding cakes.
  • Greg
    Greg D. Married on 08/24/2019

Exceeded high cake standards

Dolce was recommended but we are from out of town so weren’t able to taste. Jessica was super easy to work with from a distance, had clear answers and made it all easy. When asked who was making the cake everyone responded with assurance what we would get would be excellent. When we arrived 2 days before event I asked for a tasting even though nothing could be changed and that was easily accommodated. The cake was excellent. The day of the event, there was the cake, on time, exactly as we wanted. Absolutely delicious. I understand some guests found a way to have up to 4 pieces it was so good. We’ll see if we make it the year before eating the top.
  • Debbie
    Debbie M. Married on 07/20/2019

Best wedding cake

Cake was delicious! Decorated exactly as we wanted. Good value!
  • Meagan
    Meagan E. Married on 07/13/2019

Delicious cake!!!

Dolce Bakery was great to work with! We went in for a tasting and loved them all. They walked us through a proper tasting... which I did not know we needed but we totally did!! It helped us decide on our pairings. We ordered a smaller 2 layer cake and sheet cakes for our guests. The red velvet is to die for and we ran out of that one first with leftover with family and friends! We also had the lemon with lemon curd and raspberry filling, as well as a salted caramel cake! All of which were delicious. They are so friendly and helpful with making your cake come to life. Definitely recommend!!
    Rita Married on 10/27/2018
    My wedding is in October of 2018. Although I don't live here anymore I'm getting married in my hometown of KC! While in town over the Thanksgiving Weekend, I wanted to get a few wedding decisions finalized. One was the cake which Dolce was so accomodating on. On the Friday after Thanksgiving, Dolce provided me with a personal full caking tasting consultation. It was great. They were very professional and organized! My decision was made quickly and I was so happy that Dolce was able to accomodate me on such a busy weekend! When I left town I felt relieved that I was able to cross off finalizing my wedding cake vendor. Yah! MM
  • Alana
    Alana Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely Fantastic!

First off, the cake: delicious! And we had two! My, now wife and a few of our guests, have celiac so we had to order an additional cake to accommodate these diets, this was the best gluten free cake I have ever tasted. I almost couldn’t believe it was gluten free. And the regular cake was outstanding. We planned our wedding from a distance and were only able to meet with the folks at Dolce in person one time, but they were so responsive to emails and were so helpful. They really worked with us to make sure our vision came out for our cake. Not only did we get cake from Dolce, but we also got apple hand pies as a late night snack. I assume they were delicious, our guests scarfed them down so quickly I didn’t even get a chance to taste one.
    I couldn’t recommend Dolce more, they are really fantastic people and bakers.
    Janet Married on 07/21/2018
    We ordered a variety of mini-desserts from Dolce (cookies, tarts, mini cupcakes) for our wedding, and they were delicious. The selection process was smooth, and we were able to easily adjust our amounts after our initial, tentative order. We had Dolce deliver the desserts, which went smoothly. Also, the pricing was reasonable. Definitely recommend!

Dolce Bakery in Kansas City's reply:

Thank you for letting us be a part of your big day! So glad that everything was perfect! We can't wait to bake for you again!
    -Jessica
    Jason Married on 07/14/2018
    This place is amazing. The cakes were above and beyond what I expected. We had our flavors in mind for the main cakes and they were perfect! But.. I came up with a flavor combo for the grooms cake that they hadn't done before. Not only were they willing to give it a shot, the grooms cake was BY FAR the favorite with the guests! Just WOW!! Everyone who tried it asked if they sell it on a regular basis. I can't imagine using anyone else for specialty cakes.

Dolce Bakery in Kansas City's reply:

Thank you so much Jason! It was such a joy to work with you! I hope that you order your bourbon bacon cake for your anniversary so that we will all have an excused to try it again! Congratulations and thank you!
    Shannon Married on 06/23/2018
    Dolce was wonderful to work with! Several weeks before the wedding Jessica sent an email with all the details for delivery and set up and requested contact information for our venue. We did not have to worry about a thing. The cake was delicious and there was not a slice left! We also had their delicious mini cupcakes and there was not one of those left either!
    Molly Married on 05/12/2018
    Dolce Bakery did a fabulous job! We had a beautiful two-layer cutting cake with sugared berries and flowers, then an assortment of delicious cupcakes for guests to choose from that were exquisite in both taste and appearance! They’re the best!
    Mara Married on 12/09/2017
    We decided last minute to do a cake for our wedding. Neither of us have strong feelings about cake either way, so we were pretty apathetic about it. But Dolce blew it out of the water. They were so accommodating with our short timeframe. Our cake was one of the best parts of our wedding. We went with red velvet and vanilla with raspberry filling. Our guests are still talking about the cake and we ate the top tier for almost a week and it stayed incredibly moist.
    Rachel Married on 11/18/2017
    The order specialist, Maggie, is so great to work with! She is very thorough and highly prepared every time we spoke. We had four flavors of cake, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and apple hand pies. Everything was perfect and delicious! The table was set up exactly how I wanted it to be, too!
    Cynthia Married on 12/04/2016
    The quality of the cakes are amazing and the prices are phenominal! Quick service and delivery!
    Lacey Married on 09/11/2016
    Dolce Bakery is an amazing place for wedding cake!! The cake was the hit of the day!! There was not much leftover for us to bring home. Thank you!!! It was delicious!!!!!
    Carrie Married on 08/19/2016
    Dolce Bakery was my one and only choice for our wedding cake and desserts! I knew I didn't want to look anywhere else because they're just THAT good.

The Dolce team was so easy to work with as I was planning my wedding from afar, and my mother and Maid of Honor went to the tasting appointment for me. They were responsive and provided their recommendations to assist me in planning our dessert table. They whipped up the most delicious 8" scraped cake for my groom and I to cut, mini cupcakes, and cookies.

Our guests were raving about it all, and we even had some leftovers for our wedding party to enjoy the days following our big day! Thank you, Dolce!
    Alyssa Married on 07/09/2016
    Every aspect of working with Dolce Bakery was perfect. They were kind, professional, and on top of every part of the planning process. From our first phone call until the wedding day, Dolce Bakery was excellent to work with. Most importantly, the cake was delicious. Not only was our tiered cake wonderful, but the gluten-free cupcakes we order (due to me being gluten-free), were absolutely amazing. I have never had such delicious gluten-free baked goods. We are so thankful we chose Dolce Bakery for our wedding day!
    Ashley Married on 05/21/2016
    They were willing to schedule a tasting on a Saturday (a hard thing to find!). I had been to Dolce before, but had never tried their cake. Now it's one of my favorite things they sell. It was hard just narrowing it down to four flavors for our four tiers. They created a beautiful blue ombre cake for our wedding. Every guest I talked with was gushing over the cake and several grabbed seconds to try all the flavors. The team at Dolce is professional, responsive, and easy to work with.
  • User2655159 2+ years ago
    Dolce Bakery did an amazing job on our wedding cake, and they were absolutely wonderful to work with. The staff responded very quickly to our inquiries, and it was easy to make an appointment. We did a tasting at the bakery and everyone was very friendly and pleasant. All the flavors were so fantastic, and they generously gave us additional samples of flavors that we hadn't requested. We chose three flavors for the cake – Red Velvet, Vanilla Cake with Lemon Curd, and Chocolate Salted Caramel. We chose simple but elegant Dolce, dots, and white petal designs. On the day of the wedding, the cake was absolutely stunning and the guests raved about how they had to have a piece of every flavor because the cake was so delicious. Thank you to the Dolce Bakery team for making our special day a memorable one!