Dolce Bakery in Kansas City Reviews

51 Reviews for Dolce Bakery in Kansas City

1 User photo

Dolce Bakery in Kansas City 1

Rita · Married on 10/27/2018

My wedding is in October of 2018. Although I don't live here anymore I'm getting married in my hometown of KC! While in town over the Thanksgiving Weekend, I wanted to get a few wedding decisions finalized. One was the cake which Dolce was so accomodating on. On the Friday after Thanksgiving, Dolce provided me with a personal full caking tasting consultation. It was great. They were very professional and organized! My decision was made quickly and I was so happy that Dolce was able to accomodate me on such a busy weekend! When I left town I felt relieved that I was able to cross off finalizing my wedding cake vendor. Yah! MM

• Alana

Alana · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely Fantastic!

First off, the cake: delicious! And we had two! My, now wife and a few of our guests, have celiac so we had to order an additional cake to accommodate these diets, this was the best gluten free cake I have ever tasted. I almost couldn’t believe it was gluten free. And the regular cake was outstanding. We planned our wedding from a distance and were only able to meet with the folks at Dolce in person one time, but they were so responsive to emails and were so helpful. They really worked with us to make sure our vision came out for our cake. Not only did we get cake from Dolce, but we also got apple hand pies as a late night snack. I assume they were delicious, our guests scarfed them down so quickly I didn’t even get a chance to taste one.
    I couldn’t recommend Dolce more, they are really fantastic people and bakers.

Janet · Married on 07/21/2018

We ordered a variety of mini-desserts from Dolce (cookies, tarts, mini cupcakes) for our wedding, and they were delicious. The selection process was smooth, and we were able to easily adjust our amounts after our initial, tentative order. We had Dolce deliver the desserts, which went smoothly. Also, the pricing was reasonable. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Dolce Bakery in Kansas City's reply:

Thank you for letting us be a part of your big day! So glad that everything was perfect! We can't wait to bake for you again!
    -Jessica

Jason · Married on 07/14/2018

This place is amazing. The cakes were above and beyond what I expected. We had our flavors in mind for the main cakes and they were perfect! But.. I came up with a flavor combo for the grooms cake that they hadn't done before. Not only were they willing to give it a shot, the grooms cake was BY FAR the favorite with the guests! Just WOW!! Everyone who tried it asked if they sell it on a regular basis. I can't imagine using anyone else for specialty cakes.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Dolce Bakery in Kansas City's reply:

Thank you so much Jason! It was such a joy to work with you! I hope that you order your bourbon bacon cake for your anniversary so that we will all have an excused to try it again! Congratulations and thank you!

Shannon · Married on 06/23/2018

Dolce was wonderful to work with! Several weeks before the wedding Jessica sent an email with all the details for delivery and set up and requested contact information for our venue. We did not have to worry about a thing. The cake was delicious and there was not a slice left! We also had their delicious mini cupcakes and there was not one of those left either!

Molly · Married on 05/12/2018

Dolce Bakery did a fabulous job! We had a beautiful two-layer cutting cake with sugared berries and flowers, then an assortment of delicious cupcakes for guests to choose from that were exquisite in both taste and appearance! They’re the best!

mara · Married on 12/09/2017

We decided last minute to do a cake for our wedding. Neither of us have strong feelings about cake either way, so we were pretty apathetic about it. But Dolce blew it out of the water. They were so accommodating with our short timeframe. Our cake was one of the best parts of our wedding. We went with red velvet and vanilla with raspberry filling. Our guests are still talking about the cake and we ate the top tier for almost a week and it stayed incredibly moist.

Rachel · Married on 11/18/2017

The order specialist, Maggie, is so great to work with! She is very thorough and highly prepared every time we spoke. We had four flavors of cake, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and apple hand pies. Everything was perfect and delicious! The table was set up exactly how I wanted it to be, too!

Cynthia · Married on 12/04/2016

The quality of the cakes are amazing and the prices are phenominal! Quick service and delivery!

Lacey · Married on 09/11/2016

Dolce Bakery is an amazing place for wedding cake!! The cake was the hit of the day!! There was not much leftover for us to bring home. Thank you!!! It was delicious!!!!!

Carrie · Married on 08/19/2016

Dolce Bakery was my one and only choice for our wedding cake and desserts! I knew I didn't want to look anywhere else because they're just THAT good.

The Dolce team was so easy to work with as I was planning my wedding from afar, and my mother and Maid of Honor went to the tasting appointment for me. They were responsive and provided their recommendations to assist me in planning our dessert table. They whipped up the most delicious 8" scraped cake for my groom and I to cut, mini cupcakes, and cookies.

Our guests were raving about it all, and we even had some leftovers for our wedding party to enjoy the days following our big day! Thank you, Dolce!

Alyssa · Married on 07/09/2016

Every aspect of working with Dolce Bakery was perfect. They were kind, professional, and on top of every part of the planning process. From our first phone call until the wedding day, Dolce Bakery was excellent to work with. Most importantly, the cake was delicious. Not only was our tiered cake wonderful, but the gluten-free cupcakes we order (due to me being gluten-free), were absolutely amazing. I have never had such delicious gluten-free baked goods. We are so thankful we chose Dolce Bakery for our wedding day!

Ashley · Married on 05/21/2016

They were willing to schedule a tasting on a Saturday (a hard thing to find!). I had been to Dolce before, but had never tried their cake. Now it's one of my favorite things they sell. It was hard just narrowing it down to four flavors for our four tiers. They created a beautiful blue ombre cake for our wedding. Every guest I talked with was gushing over the cake and several grabbed seconds to try all the flavors. The team at Dolce is professional, responsive, and easy to work with.

Dolce Bakery did an amazing job on our wedding cake, and they were absolutely wonderful to work with. The staff responded very quickly to our inquiries, and it was easy to make an appointment. We did a tasting at the bakery and everyone was very friendly and pleasant. All the flavors were so fantastic, and they generously gave us additional samples of flavors that we hadn't requested. We chose three flavors for the cake – Red Velvet, Vanilla Cake with Lemon Curd, and Chocolate Salted Caramel. We chose simple but elegant Dolce, dots, and white petal designs. On the day of the wedding, the cake was absolutely stunning and the guests raved about how they had to have a piece of every flavor because the cake was so delicious. Thank you to the Dolce Bakery team for making our special day a memorable one!

Angela · Married on 09/26/2015

For our September wedding, our bakery search began with the desire to have a naked wedding cake (no frosting). Not many places in the KC area do that-or at least advertise that they do. While searching, we stumbled across some of Dolce Bakery’s previous work with naked cakes. We decided to meet with them, and we are so glad we did. Not only was the cake (apple pie flavored) AMAZING, but we also had a dessert bar with an assortment of delicious treats including lemon bars, chocolate cookies, coconut macaroons and pumpkin cupcakes. I love that Dolce Bakery allowed us to have an assortment of dessert options and not just cake. This was great for our guests and our wallet.
    The staff at Dolce Bakery was very friendly, they offered us samples to taste all their options and gave input when we were lost as to what would be best. We rented their platters for the day, and they worked perfectly. They delivered and set up the dessert table. All we had to do was return the platters the next day.

Courtney · Married on 08/08/2015

During the initial stages of wedding planning, my fiance and I didn't think where we got cake mattered all that much. We were definitely wrong. We happened to taste Dolce's wedding cake at event space open house, and knew instantly that we HAD to have that cake at our wedding. Their cake is seriously the best!
    Dolce offers many flavors, including different seasonal flavors at no additional cost. We opted to get a two-tiered cake to cut and then serve sheet cakes. Their sheet cakes are 4 layers, just as their tiered cakes, and just as delicious. We also had chocolate dipped macaroons and mini red velvet cupcakes. Our guests LOVED all of the desserts!
    Dolce is so easy to work with. Their wedding team responds quickly to e-mails , and are also easily available by phone or stopping by their store in Prairie Village. They delivered the cake, placed the flowers and cake topper, and made sure everything looked exactly how we discussed.
    We ordered extra servings for the wedding and have been enjoying the leftover cake for the past 5 days! I would recommend Dolce to anyone. I cannot wait until for another event to order cake from them again!

Dolce Bakery was one of the BEST decisions we made in our wedding planning. Our cake tasting was at 10 am on a Saturday morning and I can truthfully say I have never been so eager to eat cupcakes for breakfast. They are DELICIOUS! We had a small cake to serve our bridal party combined with a cupcake tier of regular and mini-cupcakes. We loved how customizable the flavors were - the variety made it fun and appealing for even the smallest of a sweet-tooth. Dolce had amazing customer service and were even able to easily add a few dozen extra mini-cupcakes on for us just a week before our wedding when we realized we had miscounted! They even took the time to arrange the cupcake tier and stick a bunch of little cupcake "I do" flags some family friends had made for me into all of the cupcakes as they set up. Our only disappointment was that all of the cupcakes were gobbled up before we had a chance to grab seconds!

Since my fiancé (now husband) is a chef, the wedding cake and cupcakes we planned to serve at our wedding were very important and had to be of the very best quality and taste! He knew that Dolce Bakery was a fantastic bakery, so we were thrilled when we contacted them that they were available for our wedding date and agreed to make our wedding cake and cupcakes!

We did not plan to have a traditional wedding cake – instead, we wanted a domed two-layer cake covered with buttercream frosting and topped with strawberries. When I showed them a photo of what we were thinking, they were enthusiastic and immediately started explaining how they could create what we had in mind. They also were able to provide the four types of cupcakes in various flavors that we wanted as well.

We knew from the time we had our tasting that we had engaged a bakery that not only understood our wishes completely but also made the best tasting cake, cupcakes, and frosting anywhere in the Kansas City area!

It was a true pleasure to feed each other our wedding cake at our reception and also enjoy the cupcakes as well. Everything they made was absolutely delicious and best of all, fit within our budget. We will be recommending Dolce Bakery to our friends and family, and plan on stopping by to indulge in a few of their many delicious baked goods for years to come!

Dolce did a wonderful job creating my wedding cakes exactly how I imaged and they tasted fantastic too. Staff was super friendly and listened to my wants and needs and delivered exactly that! Highly recommended!

Katie · Married on 05/15/2015

Erin and her team did an amazing job with all of our cakes for our wedding! Love their aesthetic and had many compliments on how pretty and great tasting the cake was!

Jennifer · Married on 12/06/2014

Working with Dolce Bakery was one of our best decisions over the past year. Erin at Dolce made our cake tasting so fun and our cakes looked fabulous at our wedding. We chose 3 cakes versus one large wedding cake for our dessert table and each one tasted fantastic. We don't even have leftovers- everyone ate up all the cake! They worked with us to create different flavors per layer as well as presenting them in a beautiful fashion. The best part of Dolce is that you can continue to visit them in their adorable shop in PV. I know I will be back and cannot wait to taste more of their delectable creations.

Erika · Married on 11/15/2014

Getting a cake from Dolce for my wedding was one of the best decisions I made! I went to several other cake tastings. Their cake is by far the best. They offer multiplicity of flavors without the extra charge, and the sheet cakes are still layered like a tiered cake would be. All of our guests loved trying the three different flavors (red velvet, pumpkin with sea salt caramel, and white with raspberry). Delicious!

Laura · Married on 08/30/2014

Wow! The cakes were wonderfully delicious and amazing. Not only were they delicious, but beautiful. The staff was very attentive and professional with any questions we had. Thank you!

Erin · Married on 08/30/2014

I LOVED the cakes for our wedding! Everyone that I interacted with at Dolce was professional, helpful and asked great questions. They were really up front with me about everything, and made great accommodations for us since our wedding was outside on a warm summer day. Our cakes turned out BEAUTIFULLY. We had a variety of flavors and each was frosted in ombre of our wedding colors. We had so many people comment not only on how pretty they were, but how delicious they were! Couldn't recommend Dolce Bakery more!

Courtenay · Married on 06/14/2014

The cake was delicious! We got so many reviews from friends and family about how good it was! It looked beautiful as well- exactly what I was expecting!