DMV Premier Entertainment, LLP Reviews

66 DMV Premier Entertainment, LLP Reviews
  • WagsToKray

Katherine · Married on 11/10/2018

Awesome DJ!

We hired Chris at DMV Premier Entertainment for our 11/10/2018 wedding. He was incredibly easy to work with - extremely responsive, knowledgable, and flexible. Everything you could possibly want in a successful wedding vendor!
    The planning process is incredibly easy, as you're provided with your own online portal to customize your wedding ceremony and reception (or whatever event you're hiring him for). After the online customization and a few conference calls, we had an awesome playlist at our wedding, with both our input and Chris' picks... we had people on the dance floor for almost three hours straight. It was so much fun!
    We had some last minute changes to our night and no one noticed, as Chris adapted to them pretty easily. He also provided the microphones for the officiant, ceremony readers, toasts, and for one of our groomsmen to sing to Shakira at one point in the night.
    I'll continue to recommend Chris and DMV Premier Entertainment to anyone who is in need of a DJ!

Briana · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding Entertainment

Chris was a fantastic DJ for our wedding, Nov 3, 2018. He was so helpful along the way, very responsive, always professional, even with a bunch of music and timeline changes up until the last minute. He was a joy to work with and I couldn't recommend him more. I used to work weddings and bars and I've seen a lot of bad DJ'ing so he knew I was a little apprehensive, but he really exceeded my expectations. Thanks Chris!

Lu Dai · Married on 10/07/2018

Professional DJ that you can trust

Chris is our DJ for our big day. He is so professional and responsive. He was well prepared before our wedding with all the songs that we picked (some of the songs are Chinese songs) that we picked. He made everything easy and smooth. We will definitely recommend Chris to our friends.

Anslie · Married on 09/29/2018

Customizable and amazing

My husband and I can be picky with music as we don’t like a lot of top 40 music currently. We were afraid of this with hiring a DJ but Chris has an amazing client portal where we can put songs we have to have played as well as don’t even think about playing these. We were able to make the music fit our personalities with a great mix of oldies and alternative with some 90s and a few top 40s mixed together. Our guests even said how much they loved the wide variety so everyone got something they liked to hear. We are super happy with the decision to hire DMV Premier.

Tommy · Married on 09/22/2018

Paul did a awesome job at my wedding couldn’t be happier.

Brielle · Married on 09/07/2018

We hired DMV for our daughter's wedding. Hiring a DJ was one of the more stressful things because they are such a huge part of the success of your event! I read reviews and decided based on those, his affordable pricing, and his fast responses to me, that I would go with DMV. Chris was AWESOME! He was so easy to work with and incredibly responsive! His online planning system is the best thing for anyone having a wedding!!!! The ease of entering all the details and song requests was really great. Ceremony music was perfect, and for the reception the guests were on the dance floor from the first song to the last dance! He was fantasic and the perfect DJ for our daughter's wedding! If you're looking for great responsive communication and an amazing event, then I suggest you hire DMV! I highly recommend them!!

• Kyrie

Kyrie · Married on 07/28/2018

My fiancé and I wanted a beachy, laid back wedding with great music and that’s exactly what we got. We had Chris as our DJ and after consulting with him about what kind of atmosphere we were going for he completely hit the nail on the head. Moving forward, for other events I will have no question in my mind of who to call if an event needs a fantastic DJ.

C & B · Married on 07/21/2018

We emailed DJ Chris after attending our friend's wedding in 2016 for which he was the DJ. We walked away that night with such a great impression of Chris- he was super professional, not at all cheesy, and my friend's dance floor was packed the entire night. I checked in with my friend after her wedding and she had great things to say about working with him. Once we started planning our own wedding, he was the first DJ we emailed. We found Chris and his team to be the one of the most responsive vendors we spoke with- email responses were usually within a few minutes or hours! DMV Premier Entertainment's pricing was definitely reasonable, and they were super helpful and patient in explaining to us our options and what would work with the slightly complex arrangement we had (uplighting, mics, outdoor ceremony with separate areas for cocktail hour and reception).

We also loved the system they had for selecting songs- it was super intuitive and customizable. We had some oddball requests for songs and Chris either already had versions of them or assured us he would be able to take care of them. Signing with Chris for our wedding was one of the easiest decisions we made in wedding planning. The day of our wedding Chris and Paul showed up and ran everything so smoothly- zero hiccups! And they were amazing! We had quite a few guests tell us (during the wedding!) how great the DJs were!! Chris and Paul managed to get everyone dancing- even people we've never seen dance. We've already recommended DMV Premier Entertainment to some newly engaged friends and we'll definitely use them again for any other events needing a DJ. They were a 10/10- highly recommend!

Liz · Married on 07/13/2018

Exactly what we wanted! Attentive, responsive, and professional. We had a great time at our wedding and so did all of our guests!

Kathryn · Married on 05/12/2018

Paul with DMV Premier Entertainment was absolutely amazing. We are a military family moving overseas, so our wedding was a quick-turnaround type of event. But he was there right from the beginning to meet up in person, answer our questions no matter how late at night or how stupid, and helped us create a party that all our friends and family have told us was the time of their lives (it was the time of our life too!). Their digital database of song selections is enormous, and even when I wanted to walk down the aisle to one that wasn't on there, they found it and made sure it happened. Paul also helped fulfill a very special family wish on the fly. He kept the party going and was great at reading the room, figuring out what type of music could both facilitate a chill atmosphere, as well as how and when to pump up the crowd and get everyone dancing. They worked with our budget and offered a very generous military discount, which is never assumed but always appreciated. Thank you so much to Paul and DMV Premier Entertainment - you made our night a huge success!

Rachel · Married on 05/12/2018

Chris was our wedding DJ and he did an incredibly job! The online song selection was easy to use and he included every song on our Must Play List. He also met with us a few weeks before the wedding and helped us refine our reception timeline. During the reception, there was a lull after the bouquet toss and the dance floor cleared. I was worried, but Chris called everyone onto the floor for a slow dance and revived the party. EVERYONE loved Chris!

Rebecca · Married on 04/07/2018

DMV Entertainment was incredible! They were very organized and helped keep our reception on time and fun! Everyone loved the music and we had some special requests that they were able to accommodate. Our guests had a great time and were dancing until the event ended! Highly recommend this DJ!

Steve · Married on 03/31/2018

My daughter's wedding. No history with this DJ, but didn't matter. Chris was highly responsive to our requests. He also did EXCELLENT job moving the event forward, but otherwise remained in the background. Tough balance he achieved in STELLAR fashion. Superb!

Claudia · Married on 12/02/2017

Great job. Did exactly has he had stated in conversations before wedding. Everyone dances from the start of the wedding till the end. Thank you so much

• Julie

Julie · Married on 11/11/2017

They brought the party!

I planned to write a review of our DJs after the wedding, but got totally sidetracked and forgot about it for almost a year - but we walked into a wedding reception recently, saw them on the stage, and knew it was going to be a good time, so here I am to finally review them! Finding a good DJ was one of my husband's top priorities in wedding planning, and we had a specific budget we wanted to stick to. Christopher got back to me within an hour of submitting an inquiry form and was able to meet my budget. Their online song selection system is super easy to use and made sure the songs we wanted played were included, and the songs we don't like didn't play on our day. They were super professional and not at all cheesy during the reception. They kept us on schedule, and once the dancing started, it didn't stop until the end of the night. We had a friend sing our first dance song live, and they did the soundcheck and hookup for her mic and guitar, when some other DJs said we would need to bring our own separate sound equipment for that. Throughout the night, Christopher and Paul were awesome at reading the crowd and did a great job mixing songs - sometimes it was almost the whole song, and sometimes it was a shorter snippet that's best for dancing. Our reception was absolutely incredible, and they really set the tone. I would recommend them to anyone (which is how our friends found them for their wedding!), and I would hire them again in an instant.

Lizzy · Married on 11/05/2017

We absolutely loved working with Chris! He played great songs that kept our guests dancing all night and pleased both our younger friends and parents. The online system to pick songs was super fun - one of the most exciting parts of wedding planning! Hire him!

Trina · Married on 10/28/2017

DMV Premier was top notch at my sister's wedding this past weekend. They have been a joy to work with and their responsiveness during the planning process was unparalleled! Chris responded to every question no matter how big or small in such a timely fashion and with such genuine care, it really made my sister feel like he cared about the outcome of her day. Once they arrived the day of, it was clear that these guys are true professionals- they came early for set up both outside and inside, they were dressed professionally and help keep things on track throughout the day! Every single guest commented on the great music they chose and they did a great job of mixing it with the songs we chose for the reception. The real highlight was when they included gospel music and the whole room lit up with excitement! Even though the wedding was small, we had a blast like a packed house and that was thanks to these two wonderful guys! I would recommend them over and over! Thank you both for such a great event and providing excellent services!

Nicha · Married on 10/08/2017

Chris was an amazing DJ at our wedding! Definitely will recommend him to all of my friends!

Marion · Married on 09/30/2017

Chris was the perfect DJ for our wedding. His website was incredibly user-friendly, and he was always prompt and clear in his responses to us. He adapted to all of our requests, and his music selection kept everyone on the dance floor until the end! We would happily work with him again - thanks for a great night!

Nick · Married on 09/23/2017

I wish there was a way to show that, while DJ Murray (Christopher Murray) was "5 star" for everything here, his Flexibility should be higher! He was great with everything, transitioning from our ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception seamlessly, dealing with the heat (we were in the upstairs of a barn on an 87 degree day!), and making awesome pivots between important events.
    As I said though, his flexibility with our strange requests was impeccable, and is what impressed me most about his services. Four separate times, he took my direction to change the song he had queued up next, to accommodate our needs. First it was the request to play a separate song for a "stepmother of the groom dance,'' then it was to play Wagon Wheel at a specific time when my bride and I were finally together to commemorate our recent move to Raleigh, followed by AC/DC's Thunderstruck and Toto's Africa (requested for an encore). Oh, and I almost forgot the Last Dance, where my bride's dress caused a delay for her getting back to the dance floor, and he restarted the song for us to make sure we enjoyed it.
    I was impressed with everything he did, but the ability to incorporate songs last minute that he had in the library for us was extra special, because I know it can be a pain, and it doesn't give him a lot of time to do it with a smooth transition in the thirty seconds before the current song ends.
    Another thing that we really liked was their online portal for us to choose songs and design our wedding sequence of events, toasts, and important moments in which the DJ would be involved. It really streamlined everything and made it easy to put in notes and requests, specific phrasing we'd like, etc. If you're just in the beginning stages of planning a wedding, I cannot emphasize enough how much this helps.
    I highly recommend this company, and DJ Murray -- the professionalism, responsiveness, and flexibility are exactly what you're looking for for your wedding.
    Thank you DJ Murray!

Sent on 09/26/2017

DMV Premier Entertainment, LLP's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! It means a lot when our clients notice all of the extra hard work we do outside of the music. It was a hot day and even hotter in the barn. The ceremony was picture perfect and the musicians were incredible! The sun went down, the barn cooled down, and let me tell you.... it turned out to be a very memorable celebration! Best wishes to you and Kristen!
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/16/2017

Chris was a great fit for my wedding! He was super quick to respond to any inquiries I had and even met with me at the venue beforehand to go over the lighting setup and timeline for the day. In addition, he was very accommodating as my husband had a special request to play a song for two of our groomsmen and make them slow dance to it as a joke. At the beginning of the night not many people were dancing, but Chris played music that got everyone on their feet. I had an absolute blast and he was a great DJ! In addition, the planning form/website he has for setting everything up is super easy to use. I loved that I could pick exactly what songs I wanted, and also songs I didn't want to be played. The timeline function was really great for helping me figure out how to plan out the night. Overall great service for a great price!!

David · Married on 09/16/2017

DMV Premier Events was great to work with. We hired them for our wedding. They handled the music for the ceremony, the cocktail hour and the reception. The planning process was smooth. DJ PJ and DJ Pete were able to get a great feel for the music and vibe we wanted based on our playlist. We've gotten a lot of compliments regarding the music at the reception. The team went above and beyond. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding.

DMV Premier Entertainment, LLP 1

Kyndele · Married on 09/09/2017

Paul was a great wedding DJ. He felt out the mood of the crowd and was one step ahead of the music for the crowd. Every song choice fit the moment perfectly. He also helped us execute playing the GOT theme as our guests arrived and it was great to hear people talk about it afterwards.

Hands down he was the best choice for the job and he blew me away with his superior skills of feeling out the room. THANK YOU.

You will thank yourself for hiring Paul!!

Daniela · Married on 09/09/2017

Christopher was so organized before the wedding and also such a great hit on the day-of. He has created an online portal that lets you request songs and create a flow of the ceremony & reception. He was very collaborative and really helped us bring to life exactly what we wanted. He also did an amazing job with reading the crowd. He had everyone dancing all night with a mix of what we had requested and what people requested on the spot. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ!!