DJU Entertainment Reviews

DJU Entertainment 2
DJU Entertainment 3
DJU Entertainment 4

Ginger · Getting married on 12/03/2021

Our wedding was awesome! Thank yall so much for a great time!! Monogram and photo-booth was a hit too!!

Sent on 11/01/2015
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect Wedding DJ!

DJU was highly recommended to us from some friends, and they were great! They kept the party going and made sure everything ran smoothly. The Photo Booth was a huge hit and everyone left with copies to take home. The attendant for the booth was super fun and helped everyone take pictures. The lighting was a great touch to the room too! Kyle was our DJ for the afternoon and we could not have asked for anyone better. He was professional and very easy going about some late minute changes we made. Thank you DJU!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Mallory · Married on 07/21/2018

Darrell Ripley was AWESOME. Super nice and professional and, most importantly, kept the dance party going the entire night!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Heather · Married on 06/22/2018

Darrell was so easy to work with! Our wedding was at Briscoe Manor and he kept in touch and really made this day absolutely perfect. He thought of everything even things I did not even think of for songs. He had everything I needed and if he had a problem finding a song he contacted me immediately to let me know or would find a way to find it. He was such a fun and outgoing guy and we all enjoyed him. He worked so well with my coordinator Jaime who is absolutely fabulous! I love that Darrell came to touch base with me right before the reception started. Thank you so much Darrell for making this day so perfect!

Sent on 07/20/2018
    DJU Entertainment 5
    DJU Entertainment 6

Emily · Married on 06/16/2018

Kyle was so amazing from the moment we met him at our venue's open house until the last song at our reception!

Sent on 07/02/2018
    DJU Entertainment 7
    DJU Entertainment 8

Lauren · Married on 06/09/2018

Oh where to begin! We met Guyion a few years back. When we heard he worked for DJU we didn't even hesitate and switched out our dj in our package at our venue (Mia Bella Vita) for Guy and his team at DJU. He kept in touch with us throughout the process and was so extremely patient with us since Tyler traveled internationally and was hard to reach. We reviewed a play by play of the night and he ran, literally RAN our reception. He was phenomenal!!! We also had the photo lounge which was used up all night long! We have such amazing photos and we even had one taken with Stan, Guy, and Enrique. All DJU EE's and all 100% recommended. We had mix of hip-hop, country, rap, salsa, tango, and etc. he played it all since we had such a diverse crowd and everyone LOVED it!!! The floor was never empty! I want to throw a party soon just I have them back and make it another unforgettable night. I have no regrets other than I wish we had a longer reception than 5 hours and next time more dancing on my part. Being the bride is hard work! Guy would chase down my very intoxicated wedding party for different events during the night. He was a champ and a beast on the floor. He introduced the wedding party like you were at a Rockets game! People are still ranting about his skills as well as the assistants. Best group of guys EVER!!! 100% recommended!!!

Sent on 11/16/2013
  • Anthony

Shirrie · Married on 05/12/2018

Joe and DJ Mike are so easy to work with they are both very professional, responsive and flexible. DJ Mike did a very sweet and thoughtful thing, by helping my husband's mom with the games, it was such a nice gesture and much appreciated. He did a great job with adjusting on the fly when we requested some songs that's not on the list. Thank you DJ Mike for making our wedding day a success.

Sent on 05/18/2018

Robbie · Married on 04/14/2018

Wow what can I say about DJU....Darrell was the most awesome, fun to work with, and true a professional who made our celebration at the Bell Town on 34th the best event of the season. Darrell met all of our needs from the music selection and being a MC. There was not a request he could not handle and the true test of his wonderful craft were our guest; the young and the ones that are young at heart, dancing and enjoying the music for the afternoon. I would recommend Darrell for your event, especially if you want it to be the most memorable centerpiece of your celebration. Thank you Darrell you are awesome, gifted, a professor of your craft and anointed!! Robbie Brown

Sent on 04/19/2018
  • Stacey Marie

Stacey Marie · Married on 04/08/2018

We absolutely loved these guys. This was in my top 3 favorite things about my wedding and the planning process. Jeremy and Mike made the planning easy, answered every single email and every single question. It was clear that their ultimate goal was making our event exactly what we wanted it to be. I was able to send in a swatch of ribbon for them to match the uplighting to (rather than having to drive). They were all about convenience for us and whatever worked best for US. When it came to the music selection, our song was a version that has only been performed live, so Jeremy took the time to find the one with the least crowd noise possible and we couldn't have been happier. When it came to the big day, Jason did such an incredible job. He took care of all of our specific requests (must play list, play if possible list, a particular order of songs). He even got out on the dance floor to get the crowd going, too. We couldn't have asked for a better team. These guys really have it down to a science and yet make your event feel like it's completely custom and one of a kind. I would recommend these guys for any event needs.

Sent on 08/16/2012

Sara · Married on 03/30/2018

My wife and I are so happy we chose DJU Entertainment for our wedding. DJ Darrell Ripley did a phenomenal job! He was professional, very responsive to emails, and even spoke with us over the phone and in person to make sure he was capturing our vision for our reception. He had great song recommendations! We had various age groups at our wedding and he played something for everyone! He was an engaging MC and literally kept everyone out on the dance floor for the entire duration of the reception. We could not have asked for a better DJ! We had hired the DJU photo booth as well and it was great! Everyone loved it and now we have the funniest pictures of our guests. DJU also worked really well with our event coordinator, Kelsey Shandley from Belle of the Ball Events. Kelsey and Darrell took care of everything for us and we really were able to sit back and just have fun!

Sent on 04/10/2018

Lauren · Married on 02/24/2018

Darrell was a DREAM to work with! I can’t even describe how perfect everything ran. He was super flexible with us and so fun! Guests were coming up to me at the reception just to compliment him. He took care of our ceremony and reception, and he made sure everything ran smoothly. Definitely recommend Darrell!!

Sent on 03/03/2018

Nicholas · Married on 02/17/2018

If you're looking for a reliable, upbeat, professional DJ, don't waist your time looking anywhere else!!! These guys have obviously perfected their craft and leave everyone wanting more. Darrell, Phil, Kyle, and Guion were all so helpful when planning our wedding. I never had to worry about one detail as they made sure everything was perfect! I'd definitely recommend DJU Entertainment for your next wedding or any type of event!!!! Truly happy with the services they provide!!!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 02/10/2018

DJU Entertainment was absolutely amazing! They were super responsive right off the bat, and where extremely accommodating with all of our last minute changes! Darrell helped make our wedding so fun, and had everything under control, so we (the Bride and Groom) didn't have to stress over anything on the big day! Everyone had so much fun using the photo booth as well! I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Morgan · Married on 02/03/2018

Where to begin.. Darrell was the life of the party! He was super helpful and responsive to all my emails! The night of the wedding he was there early and ready to roll! I received a million compliments on him and the music! My sister sang at the wedding and he helped her immensely. I will recommend DJU to anyone! If you are looking for an amazing DJ this is the place!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Nelson · Married on 11/25/2017

Darrell was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Our guests are still talking about how great the music was! He arrived on time and was very professional throughout the entire evening. I highly recommend him and hope to work together again in the future!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/11/2017

Our wedding took place on 11-11-17 at Magnolia Bells and it was absolutely perfect thanks to all of our incredible vendors, but our DJ definitely stole the show! Darrell Ripley from DJU Productions DJ'd both our ceremony and reception and he did an incredible job! He was friendly, professional and he was so helpful walking us through the day and timeline of events. We told him to to keep the party going ALL NIGHT LONG and he certainly did! The dance floor was full all night and it's all thanks to Darrell and his energetic, fun and awesome personality! He was on point with everything! We can't say enough good things about Darrell and this company! They were amazing to work with and literally made our wedding day a night to remember! Thank you DJU Productions and Darrell for exceeding all of our expectations! Our guests are still talking about our wedding night and how much of a BLAST they had! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Future Brides and Grooms- do yourself a favor and get on the DJU train! They do not disappoint!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Donna · Married on 10/28/2017

We used DJU through our wedding venue at Madera. Our reception was quite unique in that it didn't follow a classic format since it was multi-cultural wedding. We had two (2) first dances - a Laotian and an American dance. We also had families from Laos and Romania. Our DJ, Steven, rehearsed our script and pronunciation to the tee! He was PERFECT! Even my dad was amazed that he pronounced the names and words correctly - it was definitely a treat and sight to see! We had the option of having a family member emcee in between but Steven nailed it! He is extremely accommodating, flexible, and a complete professional. Recommendation is to pin down your actual DJ for the event to get a feel for personalities - just like all vendors. Thank you for making our day amazing, Steven!! You are so awesome!!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Colleen · Married on 10/21/2017

Darrell at DJU Productions was recommended to me as the “best in the business”. After having him as the DJ at my wedding, I could not agree more. From the time of booking until the end of our reception, Darryl was professional, friendly and responsible. During our reception, he did a great job of making sure our dance floor was packed the whole time which was extremely important to us. Darrell made sure all of our requests were honored while also offering great advice when needed. If you want your reception to be a big dance party, then I would highly recommend Darrell at DJU.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Leslie · Married on 10/13/2017

Darrell was so awesome to work with! He nailed our music selections and kept everyone going on the dance floor. Such a pleasure to work with him and Stephanie at Briscoe Manor. The whole night couldn't have gone more perfect!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Maureenb · Married on 08/04/2017

DJU Entertainment's services were excellent from the start to the finish. Very professional, punctual, and thorough offering us "one on one" attention making sure we would be 100% satisfied. Darrell Ripley our DJ was fabulous! He made our daughter's wedding reception a blast on July 28 at Ashton Gardens West. We and our guests danced the night away. Our 4 hours of fun ended much too soon. We highly recommend DJU Entertainment and Darrell!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Sara · Married on 07/07/2017

Darrell Ripley was an absolute pleasure to work with at our wedding! He met with me a month before the wedding to go over all the details, and did a great job of walking me through the day and giving me a timeline of events. He confirmed with me multiple times before the big day, and was so personable when he did so! He was on time, and worked with my wedding coordinator, Sheila Settles, at Magnolia Bells, to make the day perfect and run smoothly! He did our ceremony music and ran the reception with exactly what we requested. We would highly recommend DJU Entertainment, and especially Darrell, if you'd like a quality, personable, energetic DJ to entertain your guests and make your day perfect!

Sent on 07/16/2017
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 07/03/2017

I have hired DJ Joe Figueroa for multiple parties and occasions, most recently for a July 3rd wedding. He was absolutely amazing!! He is not only friendly and professional, but he keeps the party going all night long. He is a wonderful MC and doesn't need to be told what to do. He takes it in his hands to ensure that everyone has a great time. I plan to do many more events and parties and wouldn't dream of doing one without DJ Joe!!!! Thanks for everything!!!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Cindy · Married on 07/02/2017

Darrell at DJU Was the BEST!!!! He knows how to read the crowd and keep the party moving with the right music. He meets with the bride twice to make sure he knows her taste and what the crowd wants. Everyone at the wedding said DJU was the best DJ they had ever heard!!!! Loved them and will use them whenever we have the chance!!!!!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Austin · Married on 06/30/2017

We had a wedding at Briscoe Manor and used Darrell, and we could not have been happier with our decision. It was clear from the very beginning that he had it all together, and trusting him with all the music was such a great decision. He was very organized and detailed right from the start, and flexible enough to accommodate all of our music requests. My wife wanted a specific time to start the song she was walking down the aisle to, and Darrell worked non-stop with the ushers to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. His demeanor during the reception was outstanding, and he turned the whole place into a big party. Everybody had a wonderful time during the reception, and Darrell's musical selection and timing played a huge part in that. We were able to tell him what we wanted, and not have to worry about it anymore. When planning a wedding, that's all you can ask for.

Sent on 07/11/2017