DJs on a Dime Reviews

68 DJs on a Dime Reviews
  • Tamara

Tamara · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Wedding DJ Ever

I cannot say enough nice things about Craig and his team. He provided DJ and MC services for my wedding, and I can honestly say he made my wedding 100% more fun. He was an excellent MC and great at going with the flow when the timeline of events shifted through out the night. His client portal is also amazing and allows you to pick songs and outline all of the details of your event with ease. It also gives you suggested songs based on what other people play at their weddings. He was always quick to answer my questions and he scheduled a time before the wedding to go through every detail. Lastly, the dance floor was always full and he was great at identifying what songs should be played and what songs should not be played. Overall, Craig and his team are experts in what they do and very affordable. They are guaranteed to make your wedding perfect!

Sent on 10/29/2018

DJs on a Dime's reply:

Dear Tamara and Nik, Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for having Russell and me as part of your wedding celebration. Your kind words about our correspondence, online wedding planning system and day-of efforts are very much appreciated. We hope you and your family and friends had a ton of fun as we sure enjoyed working with you all to help make it very special. All the best to you in your new life together!

Stephanie · Married on 07/27/2018

Craig was absolutely amazing!!! He really walked us through each detail of the event and was so open to all of our strange and unique song requests. On the day of the event, we were immediately thrown off of our timeline and Craig made each change seem seamless! Not to mention, as soon as he was on the dance floor, our not so willing to dance families, were up and dancing away. I would highly recommend him for any wedding service!!!! We couldn't of done it without him.

Rachel · Married on 06/21/2018

Craig was so throuough and professional. He was detail oriented and willing to make accommodations so my wedding day could be exactly how I wanted it. I sang a song to my husband and he made sure to bring a mic with reverb, and the lighting package we bought with him transformed the venue and made it seem so much more like a party. He wasn’t corny at all like some DJ’s can be, and if you like to pick your own music, his website makes it so easy to select songs you want to hear. Would recommend for anyone in the Southern California area!

Sonie · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I decided to do nothing traditional or easy for our Hallowedding. Our wedding ceremony and reception took place in one large room, and we had no wedding party, no event planner, and no day of coordinator. I was overwhelmed by the various wedding planning calendars, checklists, apps, etc. so I kept putting off the wedding day itinerary. Thankfully, the DJs on a Dime website forced me to think about a timeline, songs for the various parts of the ceremony, and which traditional wedding activities to include or ignore. Craig patiently helped us draw out our vague ideas, he obtained spooky instrumental music to set the theme, he coordinated our cheesy ceremony script with creepy organ music, he kept us on schedule, played a great mix of music, set up amazing uplighting, kept boozed guests away from the mic, and he dressed for the theme! Getting DJs on a Dime was the simplest but most helpful aspect of our wedding. Thank you so much!

DJs on a Dime 1
    DJs on a Dime 2

Sunnie · Married on 10/21/2017

Weeks later and we are still receiving compliments on what a great job Craig and his staff did!!! He guided us through every detail possible and completely understood our vision without pushing his agenda on us. Craig was professional and attentive to any questions ahead of the big day. What more could you want then for guest to be out on the dance floor having the best time! We really didn't what the night to end.. Family and Friends are looking for a reason to have another party so that DJs on A Dime host the event.

Katie · Married on 07/09/2017

Craig and DJs on a Dime were fantastic! We were really pleased with his service. We wanted to pick a ton of the music ourselves and Craig was onboard. We also really appreciated that he was low key. We definitely didn't want a hype man type DJ. We wanted someone who was ok with being in the background, kept the train running on schedule, kept the dance floor packed, and didn't try to be the center of attention. Craig was the perfect fit and we highly recommend him!

• MMorrow

Moriah · Married on 04/22/2017

Our first experience with DJs on a dime was at my sister-in-law's wedding last August. We were impressed with Craig's professionalism and ability to read the crowd. When we hired him for our wedding we were impressed with his attention to detail and thoroughness in planning. Craig has a sincere desire to please!

Stephanie · Married on 08/07/2016

We used Craig with Dj's on a dime for our wedding reception and could not have been more pleased!! He went above and beyond for us! He returned calls,texts and emails very promptly and was extremely helpful. We will absolutely use him again!!

Tara · Married on 07/03/2016

Craig with DJs on a dime was our DJ for our welcoming party and our wedding on July 3. He was incredible on both days, not only is he a wonderful person, but he is an incredibly fun, knowledgeable and flexible DJ, as well. Anytime we needed him, he was always there to answer our questions, help us with any problems or advice. He kept the dance floor moving at all times, he knew which way the crowd was headed and made sure everyone had a wonderful time! He even led a few dances which was so much fun. Our guests were so pleased with the lighting of the room, the volume of the music and he even played hard to find songs that we sent him on youtube. All the things we didn't think about he took care of, even the last minute requests he fulfilled without any hesitation.

There are a ton of DJs here in Los Angeles, but I couldn't be happier that we went with Craig. He's an amazing person, he's extremely polite, respectful and had led the party in the same way. Craig also helped us out with a videographer and also financially with both parties and was more than helpful.

Craig- Thank you so much, you made our wedding and welcoming party so special that I'm still receiving comments that they had a blast, all thanks to you, we hope to have you at future events!

DJ Craig was fun and helpful and even provided song lists for us to choose from

Bradley · Married on 11/07/2015

DJs on a Dime truly made our wedding more special than we had anticipated. Being a musician and being the music industry, I am acutely aware of music's impact on people and was very particular in hiring a DJ for my wedding. Craig and his team nailed the type of music that was played and was very sensitive to when they were played, which for me is important. They were very professional, courteous and really did a fantastic job of keeping things moving on time and keeping everyone on the dance floor when it came time for dancing. Many guests have since commented on how fantastic the DJ was at out wedding. I would recommend hiring them for your event. Great job!

Erin · Married on 09/13/2015

I'm a little late in writing this review considering my wedding was in September and this is currently December. That's because it took me this many months to recover from DJ on a Dime's amazing skills. The best part of my wedding was the dancing and Craig did an amazing job. My guests still talk about dancing at my wedding after this many months, that is a testament to his skills. Thank you Craig for being a great DJ, always available and reliable.

Kathryn · Married on 09/06/2015

Craig was so easy and wonderful to work with. He really took the time to get everything the way we wanted it. He was a great MC as well as a DJ.

• Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 07/26/2015

I didn't know where to start when it was time to find a dj, but we were lucky that our photographer, Simply Perfect Images, recommended Dj Craig to us. He was so great! He was very quick to respond to emails and phone calls. He was super professional and easy to talk to. And the website is awesome! There's super easy planning forms and playlists you can make. His prices are also very reasonable, and he really goes out of his way to make sure your event goes as perfect as possible. He even had his assistant, Weston, do an epic dance off with my now husband. And both of them got on the dance floor with us. It was awesome! And all of the music for our special moments were played perfectly. I could not have been more happy with this company and his services, like seriously, not a single complaint.

Booking a DJ for a wedding reception in LA can be incredibly daunting because there are so many options to choose from--and the price is often quite high. Craig from DJs on a Dime did an amazing job for a very reasonable price. We booked his services only a few weeks prior to our event but he was such a pro that things never felt rushed or frenzied. Craig communicated with us promptly over email and took the time to talk with us on the phone about our goals for the event and to help us strategize about how to select music that would please the wide range of tastes represented by our guests.

When we had to make a bunch of last minute changes to our event layout due to a freak summer thunderstorm, Craig handled everything seamlessly. The online song request system made it easy for us to suggest tracks for different parts of the evening, and Craig was able to hunt down several songs from independent artists that weren’t in the system. He fit those songs into the awesome playlist for the cocktail hour even though we had no idea how they would fit with the jazz and blues standards we’d also requested. When it came time to get everyone up dancing, Craig did a wonderful job reading the room and mixing things up to keep people engaged. He even got down on the dance floor with us to teach everyone a line dance--while a cousin’s toddler tried to run laps through his legs! If that doesn’t scream pro, I’m not sure what does.

Showed up on time and kept guests entertained for the entire event.

Sent on 12/28/2015

DJs on a Dime's reply:

Thank you so much for the nice review! We really appreciate it! I can understand you wanting to post privately. I'd love to thank you via email if you wouldn't mind dropping me a line to say hello. In the meantime, thank you for entrusting DJs on a Dime to be there for you on your special day and all the best to you in your new life together!
  • Y

Yunji · Married on 06/13/2015

Craig is a very kind, lovely person - do not overlook this when you are choosing between different vendors. He and his team were very thorough in asking us specifically what we wanted for the wedding, making sure that every detail was ironed out and absolutely clear, and they delivered a beautiful wedding program for us just as planned. We had a day-of coordinator, so a lot of the logistics and timing issues were taken care of by her, but Craig offered to do this for us as well. He is an excellent DJ and all the guests had a real blast!

Brandy · Married on 05/15/2015

DJs on a Dime is ammmmazing! You won't be let down! So professional and our overall experience was nothing but perfect!

Sean · Married on 04/17/2015

Super professional and helpful. The music selection was awesome and they were able to get everyone to dance. By the end of the night everyone was commenting on how good the music was. Craig was especially helpful when it came to the flow of events for the wedding. He knew exactly what to do and was one of the best MCs I've ever seen. We really couldn't have done it without him. I don't think you can get a better DJ.

Anna May · Married on 03/07/2015

This review is LONG overdue - I hired Craig to DJ my wedding in 2015. He did such an amazing job that my sister hired him to do her wedding last month - August 2018. Craig truly kept the party going all night - he is great at picking up on the energy in the room and playing the music that will keep people on the dance floor. At both weddings, everyone was dancing until midnight! His online system to make lists of "must play," "do not play," and all the details of the first dance, entrance song, etc. is incredibly user-friendly and simple. I much preferred this over multiple emails and phone conversations. I could just log on to the system and update any changes as my husband and I discussed everything, all the way down to what song should be played while we cut the cake.

At my wedding, my sister did a rap for her toast, and I did the same for her. Both times, Craig was incredibly accommodating with our karaoke tracks, learning his "cue" on when to play the track, and helping me with a giant flash mob! He was so on top of his communication with us that not a single thing went wrong either time.

My wedding and my sister's wedding will be nights we never forget - the party just never stopped. I truly attribute that to Craig at DJs on a Dime - I cannot recommend him enough!

We hired Craig for our wedding as he was highly recommended. Throughout our planning stage, Craig was super fast at responding any and all of our questions. His answers were thorough and extremely helpful, unlike other vendors who gave us 1-2 word answers. Craig reassured us that this was OUR day and he would do everything possible to make us happy. He played only the songs we wanted and if there was a song we didn't like or wanted it cut short, it only took an eye glance and he knew! Everyone danced the night away and had a blast! Thanks, Craig!!!

Genie · Married on 10/18/2014

Craig was an amazing DJ for our wedding! Throughout the entire process, Craig was super responsive, easy to work with, and really helped us configure the entire day. He helped us troubleshoot questions we had about the flow of the day and made us feel so comfortable going into our actual wedding day.
    On the actual wedding day, everything was seamless. The music from one event to another (pre-wedding, wedding, cocktail hour, reception, cake cutting, sparkler exit, etc.) was perfect. Everyone was dancing all night, and commented on how fantastic the music was! Both Craig and Weston helped make our day amazing. This was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

• Y

Yukilynn · Married on 07/28/2014

Craig was not only the d.j. and emcee for our wedding but he also played guitar for our ceremony and dealt with the wind! He wore many hats for our wedding and we are so grateful! The music played from the ceremony to the end of the reception was a great sound track for our special day. Guests of all ages and musical tastes had a blast dancing to the music from "D. J.'s on a Dime"! Thank you for being part of one of the best days of my life!
    -Yukilynn

Craig was an awesome DJ for our wedding! He was great at following up with us and making sure everything was ready for the big day. He's great to talk with, very respectful and accommodating to any song request and length of play time. The night ran very smoothly and I would recommend his services.

Natasha · Married on 07/25/2014

Being the super music snob that I am, Craig listened to my needs, my wants, and my "awww hello nooooo"'s. We had the absolute best music of any wedding I'd ever been to and created a wonderful soundtrack together that still makes me giddy. He will understand how to make your wedding unique to you and to add the perfect touches in all the right places. He also didn't laugh when I said I NEEDED Thunderstruck by AC/DC as our intro as a couple. He just gets me.