DJae Melee Reviews

116 | Uncasville, CT

116 Reviews for DJae Melee

Melissa · Married on 09/12/2010

Jae with JP Artistic Entertainment was very accomadating and did a phenomenal job with our playlist. I would recommend him to anyone that is looking for a DJ.

Sent on 10/16/2010

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2010

Wonderful DJ. Provided all of the songs requested for the reception and couldn't have been any better. Definitely check him out!

Sent on 09/19/2010

Amy · Married on 09/04/2010

We had our wedding in upstate NY and Jae drove the 5+ hours to DJ our wedding!! We were incredibly happy with everything he has done for us. His professionalism goes above and beyond to accommodate anything and everything we asked for. Our guests had a great time and we were thrilled to have had such an awesome DJ. The DJ pretty much makes the wedding, if you've got a terrible DJ, your guests wont have fun and the party sucks, but everything about our day was amazing. The ceremony music, the reception, everything was perfect and could not have been better!! We have recommended Jae to others and we will continue to do so!

Sent on 09/13/2010

Elyse · Married on 07/31/2010

Jae did a fantastic job. He was attentive to our needs and made sure to play what we wanted to hear. I didn't want any dances such as the electric slide or ymca played at my reception and never heard anything that came close to it. But he made sure to play classic songs that got everyone up on their feet.
    I enjoy hip-hop and r&b. That being said, he was also able to incorporate some of that flavor into the mix without annoying the older crowd. Even my 80 year old grandfather who hates weddings said he had a blast. He's been raving all over town about it. In addition, he mentioned to me that he appreciated not being blasted away by the loud "noise" as he calls it.

Overall, our experience was awesome. We are trying to figure out what event we can have next just so we can invite Jae back to DJ again.

Sent on 08/11/2010

Christina · Married on 07/03/2010

JP Artistic Entertainment did an excellent job providing the music for our wedding. All the songs that we wanted played were and songs that were not so mainstream he provided. He was prompt with all correspondence and professional. I would recommend JP Artistic Entertainment to anyone getting married or having a party!!

Sent on 07/20/2010

deanna · Married on 05/14/2010

JP Artistic entertainment was terrific from the start. He knew what we should know early on, he gave us list to provide with song requests and song we DON'T want and just gave a great ORGANIZED overview at the first meeting. I only really needed to have one follow up a day or two before. He was confident well spoken and again organized.
    His fee was extreamly reasonable.
    I would highly recommend him and will should anyone ask if I know of a DJ.
    thanks
    Deanna and Jim Gilman

Sent on 05/19/2010

Cristina · Married on 05/02/2010

DJ Melee is amazing. Not only is he affordable, but he knows exactly what music to play and when to really give you and your guests the best experience possible. He really knows his stuff.

Also, he is gay friendly, which was a major plus for our wedding. I would highly recommend him and if I ever have another event in CT, he would be the first person I would call.

Sent on 05/12/2010

robert · Married on 05/01/2010

Jason provided a very professional and terrific services for my wedding in May 2010. Every one at my wedding commented on what a good job he did. I had various age groups attending the wedding and he played music for all different age groups and lively music that the guests enjoyed dancing to. He had pre-ceremony checklist for the wedding songs. My wife and I requested just a few songs that we wanted to hear at the wedding and then we relied on the DJ's expertise to come up with a good set of music to play. The DJ even arrived at the wedding over an hour ahead of time to setup his equipment. I loved his professionalism and he has done many wedding and he knew how to make my wedding ceremony proceed smoothly and without any glitches. My wife and I would recommend his services to anyone who is interested in hiring a DJ for their wedding.

Sent on 05/03/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 04/10/2010

Jason was great - very responsive, very friendly and conscientious. He did his best to read the crowd and keep people dancing. He was very flexible and very easy going. And definitely the most affordable DJ I was in touch with. I didn't want a light show, fog, gimmicks or props - just good music and he delivered.

Sent on 05/15/2010

Melissa · Married on 04/11/2009

DJ Melee customized my wedding to what i wanted. I did not want a lot of the traditional things but still wanted to do fun things at my wedding. He helped come up with different ways to do the garter, cake, and dollar dance. He had the dance floor packed with a large variety of music. DJ Melee also met with us before the wedding and answered tons of questions i had over the phone.

Sent on 04/27/2010

Emily · Married on 06/02/2018

As our wedding was coming to a close, Jae announced that there were only two songs left - and everyone booed! I think that does a good job summarizing Jae's presence at our wedding; no one wanted the dance party to end! Multiple people came up to us the next day saying the dance floor was the busiest they'd ever seen. It was never empty, and at times it was almost too crowded to find a place to dance! He mixes flawlessly and we were always eager to hear what was coming next.

Jae was also extremely helpful in the lead up to the wedding. He has a detailed planning website form where you can plug in the songs you want for all sorts of events (the first dance, father daughter dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, mother son dance, etc), or you can leave them blank if you aren't doing that event or aren't particular about the song choice. We picked a few songs that were important to us and let him take the reins on the rest, and he did a great job. He also shortened our first dance song for us and sent it to us before the wedding so we could practice! In short, Jae is a consummate professional, and I think he may get a few more bookings from our friends and family based on how people were raving about the dance floor after our wedding!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Jillian · Married on 08/06/2017

Such a pleasure to work with Jae! The portal is so simple to request all of the songs you wish. He was able to custom-make a song for us and it came out perfectly. We would hire Jae for another event in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Allissa · Married on 06/04/2017

DJae Melee was absolutely one of the best choices we made for our wedding day. He delivered the music at our ceremony and at our reception in just the best way. He was so attentive to the dance floor, deciding which music to play to get everyone of all ages on their feet. I was so nervous that not many people would want to dance at our wedding as it was on a Sunday with dancing beginning at about 6:00pm. I was amazed that he had everyone up on their feet and they all had the absolute best time. Our guests are still talking about how incredible he was! We even used his Photo Booth service and that was another one of the best decisions we made! It was such a great time and his attendant was wonderful. I love having those pictures to look back on of all of our guests enjoying themselves. Even when we had a little slip up with our venue, he made us feel comfortable that everything would work out great. Our wedding ran so smoothly because of him. I would and will absolutely recommend DJae Melee to everyone!! I will never forget the experience that we had. Thank you Jae for everything! You are just the best at what you do!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Kevin · Married on 07/11/2015

Jason was wonderful. He was very flexible with meeting (we met 3 times before the wedding) and we only had to give him a handful of songs we knew wanted to be played. He did the rest. With all the other stuff that goes with the wedding, not having to worry about entertaining the guests was fantastic. Everyone was out on the dance floor and kept telling us how great he was. There was no lull, no silly games, no silly dances (unless you're into that stuff but he does not try to push it on you).

For the price we paid ($1,300), he was everything we could have hoped for AND was affordable. Couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our special day.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Kate · Married on 04/26/2015

We knew we wanted to hire DJ Melee the moment with Skyped with him. My husband and I are music lovers with eclectic taste. Melee was not only receptive to whatever we wanted to play, but excited about our choices. We ended up with an array of music from all different time eras-1920s 'Post Modern Jukebox'- style during cocktail hour, to rock and roll classics during dinner. There was a polka, an early 90's mash-up and lots in between that appealed to all of our guests. The flow of the evening was seamless.
    Melee also conveyed an understated but very present presence as a DJ. We were not going for the overly energetic MC feel "grab your table mate by the hand and circle your table three times now everybody up on the dance floor!!!" We wanted someone to be calling our guests attention to different moments and help direct the traffic without the cheese. Melee was perfect.
    He also had beautiful sound quality. We were married at the Branford House which can be challenging since it is three separate rooms of thick mahogany. The music was heard beautifully in each room, the ceremony was clear, the speeches were clear. It was seamless. He's responsive, professional, creative, and really knows what he's doing. Plus he's just a really good guy-someone you want around on your wedding day. We highly recommend!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Jae is an amazing DJ. He provided music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and everything went off without a hitch. His client portal allowed us to make sure we got him all the music requests he needed, and he was great about making sure he had all the songs we needed so that the music would be perfect. He was very professional throughout the process, and was very easy to work with. On top of that, the dance floor was packed all night! All our guests had so much fun dancing, Jae read the crowd perfectly and made the night amazing. We would definitely recommend him to any other couples looking for an awesome DJ!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Kayla · Married on 10/25/2013

DJae Melee gave us pretty much the perfect wedding. He really listened to what we wanted (not the run-of-the-mill wedding music) and the music really played into our personalities while still being lots of fun to dance to! His prices were BY FAR the best, especially for everything we got with it.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Cate · Married on 09/01/2012

AMAZING!!! Jae is fabulous, I cannot imagine a better party. He just got the mood we wanted and the songs we loved - my husband kept saying that he loved every single song that came on, and he kept the mood upbeat and the dance floor packed. From my young cousins through my grandparents, everyone enjoyed busting a move.

Jae really impressed my parents when we first met with his professionalism, experience, and personality. Like many of Jae's other clients, we wrote a deposit before we left our first meeting. There was no question that Jae was the perfect DJ for our event! He's also worth twice what he charges, at least!

He was super helpful during the planning - occasionally there was a lag in communication, but like most brides, I can tend to go overkill on email updates sometimes. Jae had it all well in hand, I never had to worry. He had every song right, he stuck to the do-not-play list like glue, he checked any requests by us, and the lighting on the dance floor was absolutely perfect!

When we had to change things up last minute on our entrance, he was flexible and awesome to work with. When rain hit briefly and Jae's set-up was outside the tent, he fixed it all and then came in and just told me, "There was rain, so I moved." And that was it! I didn't have to problem-solve, he was just letting me know he had handled it. That's just the kind of vendor he is!

Jae's uplighting really set the mood - it made our venue absolutely glow. Worth every single penny and then some!

My husband keeps raving about the music, my friends told me it was the best wedding they've ever been to, the dance floor was packed, and it was truly the best party I've ever been to in my life! Thank you for everything, Jae!

Sent on 09/04/2012
  • F

Christine · Married on 04/17/2012

DJae Melee, or Jae, is fantastic, and I highly, highly recommend him to anyone looking for a professional, extremely well priced DJ in the CT area.

The most highly noted and best comments we received on our wedding day about Jae were how he risked getting his equipment wet in the rain so that we could have our outdoor wedding ceremony. Our wedding venue staff told us that we were so lucky Jae was patient, willing, and relaxed during the rain as most DJs would either have forced us to move the ceremony inside or just not have been a part of an outdoor, pouring cats and dogs rain ceremony. Never once did DJae Melee make the rain an issue. He covered his equipment and played our ceremony music and mic'd the Justice of the Peace, no questions asked and no complaints. We were so, so grateful.

In addition to going above and beyond unpredictable circumstances, Jae was easy to work with. We met with him once to get ideas and then filled out every detail we wanted on his easy-to-fill-out, online forms. (He would meet with us as many times as we wanted, though). He thoroughly read over our requests and followed them perfectly, adding a few relevant touches. He made great music choices and took a few requests from guests--but not too many--just as we asked. We trusted him the whole night and the guests and my husband and I were so pleased. We had a blast, and the dinner music as well as the dance music was absolutely what we wanted and even more.

The other highlight of using Jae for our night was his custom DJ entrances. He played a song for each bridal party member and did a great job with introductions. People loved it! When our Maid of Honor decided to add in a game in the middle of the night, Jae was right there. He also made sure everything happened in order and on time. He helped structure our night just the way we wanted in a very subtle, non-intrusive way.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Matthew · Married on 10/24/2010

I really can't say enough about how wonderful Jason is. Polite and professional, he really helped our day come together exactly the way we wanted it. Thanks to his attention to detail our ceremony went smoothly with all the right cues, and during the reception he followed all our lists faithfully to create precisely the atmosphere we had intended. We ended up having to make some changes and requests on the fly, and he accommodated all of them easily and without any hesitation. When our guests got a little too rowdy for me to get the speeches started, he was standing there with a wireless microphone ready to go. On top of all this, he's a really nice guy, and really dedicated to giving couples the wedding they want.

Sent on 11/03/2010

Greg · Married on 07/21/2018

DJae Melee was a great DJ for our wedding. He played outstanding music, true to what we requested, with his own personal touch that kept everyone on the dance floor. He stuck to his word by being the opposite of a “cheesy DJ” and we couldn’t have been happier with his performance on the day. Thanks again Jae!!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Erin · Married on 10/01/2016

DJae Melee is absolutely the DJ you should hire for your wedding. My guests danced the whole night away...all of the guests!! Some of our family and friends never get on the dance floor and they were up from beginning to end, even during dinner (chair dancing) . Literally, we had to kick people off the dance floor when our time was up at the venue. When we see our guests, they rave about how much fun they had and how great the music was. So not only did he help to make the reception so much fun but he also helped us with song selections for important moments and tweaked versions of songs we loved that we wanted to either slow down or eliminate a verse. Jae is super talented. He is friendly and I felt like we were friends from the beginning. He took our vision and made it a reality. I only gave a 4 for responsiveness because Jae is a busy guy and there were times I was anxiously awaiting a response from him. I was a worried bride so I would get nervous but trust me...there is nothing to worry about. He knows what he is doing and he will show up and exceed any of your expectations. Seriously, do not even consider anyone else. This is your guy!!! And PS...totally reasonably priced for the outcome!

Sent on 12/01/2016
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/20/2014

We used DJae Melee for our wedding and he is AMAZING!! We used him for both our ceremony and reception and he did a great job. He was able to provide a mic for our JP and a mic for out blessing/toasts. His online planning form that is super helpful and really easy to use. It helped save so much time when we were talking to him. At times it was a little hard to get a hold of him, but he is really busy. The cool thing was since we live about an hr away from each other we were able to Skype. This made it so much easier, we were able to talk to him no problem as we were trying to do other wedding things. Everyone was on the dance floor the whole night and keeps saying how much fun our wedding was and how great the DJ was!! I would recommend Melee to anyone, but he books quick so hurry!!

Sent on 09/29/2014

My wife and I were absolutely thrilled with DJae Melee. He was recommended to us by our photographer Marybeth from Capture photography (also an awesome vendor!). When we began looking at DJs we figured a club Dj with his amount of experience and talent would be very expensive. As it turned out we couldn't have been more wrong. My wife and I met with several DJs and Jae 's pricing was on par or less than the others. Jae is very easy to talk to and explains every part of what he plans to do at the wedding. His website (djaemelee.com) has planners to help you organize the ceremony and reception and it allows you to be as general or specific as you want. Jae brings all the equipment he needs including mics for readers and JPs and up lighting which added a lot to our reception. He followed our planner to the T and even made a custom entrance for us and our wedding party. We kept it pretty general when it came to dance music and gave him a few genres to work with. He took that and ran with it! The music was very tasteful and appropriate and Jae was able to keep everyone dancing until the last song. People are still raving about the music at our wedding.

The only part we did not mark a 5 was for responsiveness. You have to remember that Jae is extremely popular and is always working or with his family. A few times when we would email or call him it would take a little while for him to respond. This changed when the wedding was less than a month away. If we needed anything he was quick to call or write back and it wasn't an issue at all.

Overall we couldn't be happier with Jae. He has the knowledge and talent to entertain the crowd for the entire night and has a professional and courteous demeanor. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/13/2014

Jeanine · Married on 05/26/2013

Jae was amazing! He really listened to what music we liked and rolled with it. He was extremely accommodating and willing to make last minute changes if needed. There were always people out on the dance floor. His prices are also extremely good!

Sent on 06/24/2013