DJ & Soiree Hosts Reviews

DJ & Soiree Hosts 1
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Yanagihara · Married on 11/10/2018

Incredible!

Jonathan was amazing. He seriously exceeded my expectations and I could not have imagined my wedding to flow any smoother than it did! He provided the perfect music for every moment and the dance floor was never empty. I appreciate his work so much and can't get over how incredible he did! Thank you so much Jonathan!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/27/2018

Great experience!

We had a great experience with Jonathan! We had a phone call to plan out the music and logistics of the day, and was super helpful offering advice based on his previous experience. The day of he went above and beyond: he was on time, brought an extra speaker so we didn't have to move the one between the ceremony and cocktail hour, played all of our music correctly, and abided by my "do not play list." He did a great job of gaging the crowd and playing appropriate music to go with the mood when venturing off of the requested list. At the end of the night, we had some trouble with a broken down shuttle, and he went out of his way to help the out and jump their battery. His prices are also extremely reasonable for the area. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/28/2019
    DJ & Soiree Hosts 2
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2018

Fall wedding October 2018

Jonathan is a fantastic DJ! He made our wedding so perfect, was able to accommodate changes to our timeline, and kept the party going all night. He has a very professional demeanor, yet fun and not cheesy (something that was very important to us!) Would highly recommend Jonathan!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2018

Best decision ever!

Jonathan was THE BEST! He was so easy to work with from the start. The music was so important to us and Jonathan made choosing the right songs a seamless process. Our meetings were fun and productive and it showed that Jonathan is clearly passionate and knowledgeable about music. This is more than a hobby for him, it's his lifestyle and it shows! Our wedding was beyond fun! Jonathan kept the vibe lively and fun and had everyone on the dance floor. It was everything we wanted and we owe so much of the experience to Jonathan! You won't regret booking him, he's the best!

Sent on 10/28/2018

DJ & Soiree Hosts's reply:

Wow thank you, Lizy! It was a pleasure meeting you and Sam and working with you and your team.
  • MrsPreach2018

Maricela · Married on 08/31/2018

Book him, you won't regret it!

We had the joy and pleasure of having Jonathan be our DJ for our wedding, and he was absolutely amazing!!! From the very first call, he was very patient with all of my questions and there were plenty. He’s very thorough and clear with the process, very responsive… and, did I mention how patient he is! And, he has a great voice... my guests absolutely loved him.

He listened and understood our concerns for the day, and completely nailed our likes for various genres of music. Both, my husband and I, were equally represented during the entire day through the songs played thanks to Jonathan and his amazing skills. I danced the entire time and even my husband, who’s not a dancer at all, was on the dance floor showing off his few moves. Jonathan is a true professional, he’ll make your day go smoothly, seamless and most importantly enjoyable. We had no idea we were running behind schedule until the end of the night thanks to him. Everything we had talked about and planned, was still done and done great, nothing was rushed. My husband couldn’t believe how smoothly everything went and said he was glad we went with Jonathan. He’s very attentive and even checked in on us to make sure we had eaten dinner!

Again, Jonathan, thank you so much for being our DJ. For being so patient with me and my millions of questions. You’re an amazing DJ and have a keen ability to read the crowd, dance floor to get the party started and know how to keep it going.

Sent on 11/03/2018

DJ & Soiree Hosts's reply:

Maricela! Thank you for your wonderful review. It was an honor to be your DJ :)

Paul · Married on 05/19/2018

If you’re looking for a professional, organized, responsible and fun DJ/MC then look no further. Jonathan is the man!

I first reached out to Jonathan via Wedding Wire and later contacted him by phone. My fiancé and I were impressed by his professionalism over the phone and his eagerness to work with us. Over the next few months we worked with him via email to share the wedding timeline and discuss our song selections. He offered a few great suggestions for song suggestions and activities based on his experience with other weddings. A couple of weeks ahead of the wedding we had our complete song list built out and he had the songs we wanted to hear queued up in his system and ready to go.

Before the wedding he showed up early and made sure all the equipment was setup as expected. He worked with our wedding coordinator to review the timeline and understand his instructions, and worked with the officiant to make sure he had everything he needed for the ceremony. Jonathan conducted himself like a true professional as he made sure everyone who played a part in the wedding was comfortable with the timing.

During the wedding ceremony and reception his performance was amazing. He played exactly the songs we wanted on cue, and worked seamlessly with our coordinator to make sure each event from the first procession through the toasts, bouquet toss, cake cutting, and dancing happened flawlessly.

Jonathan really shines as a DJ/MC and I highly recommend him for your wedding.

Thank you, Jonathan!

Sent on 05/31/2018

DJ & Soiree Hosts's reply:

Thank you, Paul! It was a pleasure working with you, Becki and your guests. You definitely know your stuff!

Aimee · Married on 05/18/2018

Jonathan was the BEST! He made everything so fun and easy. He was so helpful in choosing the music and figuring out the flow of the reception. He stayed in contact, came early to set up and kept the whole event fun and on track. We simply can’t thank him enough!!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Thanks, Aimee!!!

linzie · Married on 10/07/2017

Jonathan was AMAZING!!!! All of guests were entertained and up dancing all night long, thanks to him! He was very attentive and went with our “go with the flow” schedule. Jonathan definitely helped make our wedding the best night of our lives!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Audrey · Married on 09/30/2017

Absolutely fantastic DJ!! You need to hire Jonathan right now!! He MADE our wedding - without him, it would have been a total snoozefest. The music he played was absolutely perfect, a mix of what we had discussed before the day and how he read the crowd. We had multiple guests comment on how fun he was. Jonathan also had some great ideas on the fly that made our day even better!

Before the wedding, Jonathan was so responsive, professional, and fun. I knew he really loves his job when we told him of our musical idea for the recessional and he was just as excited as we were. Jonathan takes your ideas and just builds on them. On the day of, we didn't have to worry about a single thing, he handled everything perfectly. Also, he is a great value too! Could not say enough good things about him, THANK YOU Jonathan!!!!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Charlyn · Married on 08/05/2017

I 100% recommend Jonathan (DJ & Soiree Hosts) as a DJ for your wedding. I initially chose him because his price was the best that I found, but I recommend him because the level of service that he provides is unmatched. I received so many compliments from my guests about his outstanding ability to maintain the atmosphere that I wanted. He also kept the reception moving right on schedule. He checked in with my husband and I to see when were ready to move to the next activity (speeches, cake cutting, dances, etc.); then all we had to do was give him a thumbs up and he transitioned seamlessly into the next event. He provided me with an event worksheet well in advance so that I could plan out each section of the wedding and choose the songs I wanted played at each time. I'm not that detail-oriented, and Jonathan did a fantastic job filling in the blanks when I said 'I really don't care what songs you play during dinner just set the mood'. I honestly can't say enough about how happy I am with DJ & Soiree Hosts. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/11/2017

DJ & Soiree Hosts's reply:

Thank you, Charlyn!!! This is such a beautiful review you wrote! You and Michael are so so welcome, I had a lovely time hosting you and your guests, who were so lovely. Thank you again!!!

Michael · Married on 05/05/2017

Absolutely the best decision I made when booking a Dj for my wedding. Not only was he on top of everything I asked he created a fun wedding environment that all personalities can enjoy. Thank you again for making my special day that much easier to enjoy. Highly recommend for anyone interested.

Sent on 05/11/2017

Thanks, Michael!

Kimberly · Married on 12/06/2015

We were very pleased with Jon Bell 's professionalism and his attention to details in regards to our wedding request. He set a dynamic atmosphere, every generation of music was present so everyone was pleased especially the bride and groom. I wouldn't change a thing from the wedding to the reception. Both Prince and I smile and laugh when we think about the wedding and how much fun we experienced with our friends and family.

Sent on 02/16/2016

DJ & Soiree Hosts's reply:

Thank you, Mrs. Kimberly Robinson! :)

Meghan · Married on 10/03/2015

Jonathan was an amazing DJ, and an absolute joy to work with! Jonathan made sure all our needs were met, and ran through our Ceremony and Reception seamlessly! He is a natural on the mic, and his warm toned voice is a perfect balance for any special event, making every guest feel at home! Thank you for helping create such a fun atmosphere for my husband and I on our 'Big Day'!

Sent on 04/09/2016

DJ & Soiree Hosts's reply:

You are very welcome. Thank you, Meghan!

Ellen · Married on 09/25/2015

Jonathan was everything we could have asked for in a DJ! We had interviewed a couple other companies but he was by far the most professional and was always quick to respond to any question we had. He did an awesome job of walking us through every aspect of the music at our reception and helped us to create a realistic timeline that included everything we wanted to do! Also, he created a detail oriented music worksheet that allowed us to personalize every aspect of our reception. (Filling out the worksheet was honestly some of the most fun my husband and I had during the wedding planning process!) He went out of his way to drive to our venue prior to the wedding to find the best location for his set up as well as make note of all the electrical outlets. Our venue was extremely impressed with his professionalism and his ability to be flexible with them. On the day of the wedding, he was everything we needed: on time and totally self sufficient. Not only did he do a great job with the music, he was able to keep the party going and on schedule. Our guests could not stop talking about how much fun they had and how great our DJ was. He truly gave us the fun, easy going party that we were looking for. I can not think of a single negative thing to say about Jonathan, I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for their wedding DJ!

Sent on 02/12/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/20/2015

Jonathan was the DJ at our wedding reception last summer and was by far the best thing about our wedding, other than the whole marrying-your-best-friend deal, of course. Of all the vendors, volunteers, and organizers we worked with, he was by far the most professional and helpful of them all. He and his team went above and beyond for us.
    1. He had weekly meetings with us to discuss our vision and details of the music, asking us questions we hadn't even thought about like the order people would walk in as he introduced them at the reception. he essentially helped us plan the whole reception. The weekly meetings kept us on track and organized. We had no clue where to start but he helped us reach the finish!
    2. He kept things very professional and helped keep us in a calm and positive spirit in the midst of the hustle and bustle of a wedding. When we saw him we knew he had everything under control. Even when we had some late comers in the wedding party, he made sure he knew this and made accommodations. He remembered everyone's name and relationship to us and introduced them accordingly as they walked (or danced) in.
    3. But what really sold us was when we got in the buffet line to eat, after a long afternoon where we, drooling, watched our guests snacking at the cocktail reception then went to take family pictures-thoroughly dehydrated-and Jonathan and his team served us our plates! They literally walked us over to the buffet and served us our food. We were so tired and hungry we almost cried at this gesture. It was a minor detail that others had overlooked, but Jonathan noticed there was a need and he met it. We were so appreciative and in awe at his professionalism and attention it was really one of those positive wedding memories we still talk about now.

If you are looking for someone who knows music, understands the needs of hosts and guests, and keeps a professional and positive spirit, I would highly recommend Jonathan and his team for any event.

Sent on 02/04/2016

Of all the vendors we worked with in planning our wedding, my wife and I were most pleased with the superior quality of service provided by DJ & Soiree Hosts. Their professionalism, from our first meeting to weeks after our wedding event, remained consistent and outstanding. They were always on time and prepared for our planning conference calls. They provided important information on a timely-bases and their take-home documents were helpful in keeping us on-track. We were truly blown-away by their boundless musical options and creative insight. Needless-to-say, our ethnically and generationally diverse guests had a great time. There was music for everyone. With a commitment toward wowing their clients, my wife and I were completely pampered by the DJ & Soiree Hosts who during our dinner reception escorted us to the buffet table and served us our first meal. Overall, we recommend DJ & Soiree Hosts without reservation.

Sent on 02/11/2016

Michael · Married on 05/24/2015

I had the joy of working with Jonathan (DJ James McClaren) at a wedding in May of 2015. He was not only professional, but a great guy and fun to work with.

Additionally, he was able to read the crowd, and played the perfect MC. He worked with my wife and I (photographers) as a team for the better of our clients. He kept the party going and that's one of the major means to us getting the great action and dancing shots.

I genuinely hope to work with him again!

Sent on 02/05/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/03/2018

Jonathan of DJ & Soiree Hosts was the best DJ we could have hoped for our wedding! He was relaxed and easy going, which was so refreshing when you have 100 people asking you questions in the months before the wedding.

At first, I didn't even want to have a DJ for my wedding. I love making playlists and thought that would be good enough. But after meeting Jonathan, my mind was completely changed! He was collaborative and loved my musical style. When we were working on a set list, I sent him a Spotify playlist I had been working on and he played nearly every song on the list at the wedding!

On the day of, he was so respectful and professional. During announcements, he was fun and informative without being obnoxious like a lot of DJs I've witnessed at other weddings. He would come give us a heads up about events coming up in the timeline of the night (first dance, cake cutting, etc.) and if we needed more time, he would adjust to better suit what we needed.

The most amazing thing he did for us was a complete surprise! During last dance at the end of the night, he had all of our guests surprise us by running forward and giving my husband and I a big group hug at the end of the song. Jonathan helped make our wedding one of the most fun and love-filled nights of our life. Thank you, Jonathan!

Sent on 09/04/2017
  • Mandy

Mandy · Married on 08/25/2017

Jonathan...you aced it! We had such an amazing evening with Jonathan at the helm. He kept the music going, the people dancing and the flow of the evening on point. Even with a few curve-balls during the night, he was able to adjust quickly and with no guest the wiser. I wish I could give him more stars for his value, flexibility and professionalism because he was top notch. If you need a fun DJ that is so very easy to work with...this is your DJ.

Sent on 09/20/2017