DJ SOHBASH Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Trisha
    Trisha P. Married on 05/22/2021

Above and Beyond!

We hired DJ Sunny thru DJ Sohbash. We had DJ Sunny as the DJ for our wedding festivities and we couldn’t be happier! The dance floor was packed all night long! He was organized, friendly and very involved to make the night run as smooth as possible. Above and beyond!
  • Dhruv
    Dhruv P. Married on 08/29/2020

DJ Sohbash was the best DJ ever

To start this out, DJ Sohbash DJ'ed events for our Indian Wedding. We had him, DJ for Mehndi night, Wedding Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, and Wedding Reception.
    DJ Sohbash worked with us pre-covid and was happy to work with us after COVID with our rescheduled dates.
    He went above & beyond for us wherever he was able to. Our venue did not allow cold sparklers and he contacted the Manager and did a demonstration just so they could approve to use it for our big day.
    Fast forward, on the evening of the reception, Sohbash texted me and said that he was on his way to DJ our reception and sent us a picture of his newborn baby girl that was born a few hours prior to our reception. He had DJ Chirag, who was also a great DJ and started off the cocktail hour. DJ Sohbash, not only went above and beyond for us through the entire process but he also showed up to our reception a couple hours after his daughter was born. We were shocked that he still showed up to our Reception right after his daughter was born. He held his word and delivered amazing services. We all had a blast, and he had the audience dancing all night long and knew which songs to play when. DJ Sohbash and his team were able to read the crowd and ensured we all had fun the entire weekend! Great DJ to work with and he cares about his clients!

Love,

Dhruv & Prutha
  • Kush
    Kush P. Married on 08/01/2020

The best weekend of my life

During our initial search, DJ Sohbash and team's name came up constantly when asking our friends, family, and vendors for the most recommended Indian wedding DJ in the Chicago-land area. My wife and I knew how important it was to find a DJ that could Accommodate our Garba, Baraat, Wedding Ceremony, and (most importantly) our reception. We're so glad to have worked with Sohbash directly as his team threw the most incredible party. Sohbash is unique; unlike most of his peers, he is a full-time DJ. His passion for music is really showcased in his ability to mix music seamlessly. While you might find his pricing a little higher than other options, what you get for your money is actually an incredible value, as his equipment list would put most nightclubs to shame. My wife, family, and friends will forever remember our reception as the best party they've ever attended and that couldn't have happened without Cymatic Entertainment's incredible ability to set the perfect mood.
  • Bhumi
    Bhumi P. Married on 07/10/2020

Best wedding dj EVER

I am extremely picky when it comes to music. So when it came time to find a dj for my wedding, I did a lot of research. Dj Sohbash was highly recommend by my other vendors and friends/family, that have seen him perform at other weddings.

To my surprise he has also dj'd for many Bollywood celebrity. (Dhoom 3!! WOW).

All this aside, Dj Sohbash was a pleasure to work with and was available when ever I need him. My wedding was amazing. My guest were on the dance floor all nigh and didn't want to leave.

I would highly recommend Dj Sohbash for your wedding, he is the best dj Indian wedding dj in Chicago.
  • Afaaf
    Afaaf A. Married on 06/13/2020

Best Wedding dj Ever

WOW. We were referred to dj Sohbash by our wedding planner. Thank god she booked Sohbash for us. He was amazing! We had such a mixed crowd but dj Sohbash kept them all on the dance floor all night.

We would only recommend dj Sohbash for your wedding, he is the best!
  • Bhumika
    Bhumika P. Married on 05/08/2020

Dj Sohbash best Indian wedding dj

We Haired dj Sohbash for our garba, wedding and reception.
    He was amazing ! My father is an audiophile and was really impressed with the sound system. Dance floor was packed all night.

I would hight recommend dj sohbash for any Indian wedding.
  • Shoby
    Shoby J. Married on 03/06/2020

This is the only dj you should book for your wedding !!

We did a lot for research before hiring Dj Sohbash. He was not only reminded by family and friends but with all of our vendors.

We defiantly wanted the WOW factor for our wedding and Dj Sohbash was the only one that had everything. Just look at that Pictures I have attached..

If your looking for a South Asian wedding only book Dj Sohbash !!!
  • Renuka
    Renuka P. Married on 10/08/2019

Our guest are still raving about dj Sohbash!

My Husband and I hired Dj Sohbash and his team for my daughters wedding. We are so happy with our decision.
    DJ Sohbash made sure that we understood everything and was very patient when explain.

We decided to add uplight for the wedding ceremony last minute. This was not a problem for dj Sohbash.

Dj Chirag was our dj and he was excellent ! The dance floor was always packed !

We highly Recommend them!
  • Vikandruthvi
    Vik Married on 09/07/2019

Best Indian dj in chicago

One word to describe this dj is Amazing !!

We did all our research and finally decided to book dj sohbash.
    He was highly recommend from our venue (Waterford Banquets) and our wedding planner ( Sonya ). This dj is Worth every Penny. The dance floor was packed till 2am.

We highly recommend dj Sohbash !!
  • Safi
    Safi Married on 07/20/2019

Excellent !!

I haired DJ Sohbash for my wedding reception at the Donald E Stephens convention center. He was recommend by the venue. He also came highly recommend by my other vendors and friends.

I was looking for a dj that would be able to proved exceptional sound and lighting.Dj Sohbash and his team did not disappoint. All my guests were complimenting his music selection.

Booking Dj sohbash for your wedding. He the best dj in Chicago.
  • Fasail
    Fasail G. Married on 06/08/2019

Ghani Wedding / Dj Sohbash

I have seen dj Sohbash at several weddings and night club for the many years. So when I got married I knew that he was going to be the Dj.
    My Pakistani wedding was at Navy Pier Grand ballroom. I was happy to find out that he has performed there many times and is a preferred vendor.
    The dance floor was packed !!
    I HIGHLY recommend dj Sohbash for any wedding! He is absolutely the best dj in Chicago.

wedding August 11th 2018
  • Namoshri
    Namoshri Married on 06/08/2019

Lit music :)

We love Sohbash! He listened to us and made our wedding so much fun!
  • Sibtain
    Sibtain Married on 08/08/2018

The best dj in Chicago

I hired dj Sohbash for my Indian / Mexican fusion wedding. Let me tell you this was the best decision I made for my wedding.
    He seamlessly blended between Spanish and Bollywood music.
    Everyone stayed till the end and was raving about the music,

I would highly recommend dj Sohbash !

Wedding : August 8th 2018
    Liliann Married on 04/28/2017
    DJ Sohbash DJ'ed our wedding on 4/28/17 at Stan Mansion. He was unbelievable! The music he played was PERFECT. The dance floor was full until the lights came on. One of our guests came up to us and told us that out of the 7 weddings they've been to in the last year, our wedding had the best music by far. Apart from his music, he also offers a huge variety of add-ons such as uplighting, TV screens, a star-lit dance floor, and fog machine (and much more). The prices for the add ons were much cheaper than what our decorator quoted us too! We cannot thank him enough for making our wedding so memorable and perfect.
    Areeb Married on 09/04/2016
    We cannot thank you enough for making our big day so special! The music was on point- everyone loved the music at our wedding!  The dance floor was unbelievable- it was perfect for what we visioned for our magical reception! Sohbash was very professional and so easy to work with. All our guest commented on how they loved the video concept for each song. We highly recommend using him for your events, he will make sure it is a unforgettable night everyone will remember.

DJ SOHBASH's reply:

Watch the video from Areeb's wedding.

Www.djsohbash.com
  • F
    Faisal Married on 08/05/2016
    DJ Sohbash is by far one of the best DJs I have experienced. We originally hired him for my sisters wedding in 2010 when he was just starting out. He did such an amazing job then and I kept in touch with him. Over the years I saw his business grow and he has become so much bigger now. I hired him again for my own wedding, and he covered 2 of my events. He once again did an amazing job and kept everyone on the dance floor with his flawless mixing. I have and still would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding/birthday/party/any event. He is so professional and his customer service skills are top notch. You will be 100% pleased with his work. Keep up the good work Sohbash!
    Nidhi Married on 07/09/2016
    DJ Sohbash was absolutely amazing and kept all our guests on the dance floor at each of our wedding events. The fact that the dance floor was packed even during the last song of the night, and afterwards people were yelling "One more song!" simply says it all. He was very professional and organized - which made things a lot less stressful for everyone during the wedding weekend.

On a personal note, Sohbash was just a wonderful individual to work with and was always happy to accommodate our schedules and needs. He was very responsive to our calls and always had a great attitude. With so many things going on during the wedding planning process it was great to know that we could count on our DJ to do a fantastic job without needing instruction every step of the way.

My husband and I would highly recommend DJ Sohbash to anyone looking to have their party be amongst the best and most fun for their guests as well as for themselves!
    Namra Married on 05/28/2016
    World class DJ !
    Thanks for being part of our wedding and making it a beautiful memory.
    The music selection ranged from old classics and the new tunes which entertained every member of the family.
    Smooth transitions and great lighting to strike the right balance for our wedding theme and how we desired.
    Recommend DJ Sohbash to all !!

DJ SOHBASH's reply:

Watch the video from Namra's wedding.

Www.djsohbash.com
    Bharat Married on 10/17/2015
    We had always heard and known amazing things about DJ Sohbash for years from friends and family and so contracted him for my sister's wedding for both the ceremony as well as the reception.

Pre-event: We found DJ Sohbash to be extremely professional, timely, courteous and most importantly proactive. I have been in Business Development for years and cannot cite how frequently I have worked with partners or vendors who have to be repeatedly told what is expected, the converse was true here. He took the initiative and challenged us to think of things we had not thought of and professionally guided us with coming up with answers- from the set list, the schedule, to intervals, mood and ambiance expected.

We elected the celebrity package after our consultation with DJ Sohbash as we wanted a memorable evening for the couple to wed as well as our guests who attended from near and abroad.

Event Day: DJ Sohbash arrived evening prior to set up everything for the Saturday morning ceremony, was punctual in the morning with everything ready to go and beautifully carried out the ceremony music. We did not have to give any cues or approach him for any prodding or miscommunication. It was smooth and elegant.

The evening was the best part. His team arrived several hours prior to the wedding and setup the large screen, DJ booth, lighting, fixtures, the whole 9 yard. It looked like we were going to a concert. The evening had another round of flawless execution with the entrances queued for the key members of the wedding party and family. After the key events concluded, the dance floor kicked off and let me say, everyone who attended the wedding felt this was the highlight. We had probably the best set of music every played, everyone was on the dance floor, no lulls, no interruptions, no abrupt transitions or awkward songs. It was several hours of non-stop tune of amzingness and dancing. DJ Sohbash by far exceeded expectations. A day always to be remembered. Thank you!!
    Alex Married on 10/10/2015
    Subash is great dj and who knows music and the crowd which was so important for us. He really rocked my wedding, you can see the video and the highlights to prove it.

Thank you Alex.

here is my highlight video of Alex & lisa's wedding

• User2104663 2+ years ago
    Dj Sohbash is simply amazing! I kept telling my husband how I would definitely recommend Dj Sohbash to any couples getting married now! He did an awesome job of mixing the best English & Indian songs. Never heard a better Dj that kept us on the dance floor for so long! He's got real talent and highly recommended!
  • User2078787 2+ years ago
    From our first phone conversation to the end of our ceremony, DJ Sohbash went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was the most memorable night of our lives. It's been months later but we still have friends who call us and ask who the DJ was for our event. Sohbash provided not only exceptional music but also a unique addition of videos. We wanted our guests to take a journey with us and Sohbash made an incredible video montage set to my husband and my favorite tracks which we played at our reception. It was perfect! The dancefloor was packed all night and our guests didn't want to leave! Don't make the mistake and hire a low budget DJ/entertainment company because Sohbash is worth every dollar! Thanks again DJ Sohbash!
    Jonathan Married on 10/12/2013
    Jonathan P.
    10/10/2013 & 10/12/2013

My now wife and I recently hired DJ Sohbash to DJ at our wedding and sangeet. I can not express how happy we are that we did. DJ Sohbash is a phenomenal DJ and did an amazing job keeping our guests out on the dance floor both nights. Our events were multi-cultural and Sohbash did a great job including all of our requested american songs and desi songs throughout the night. Sohbash was able to go from desi music, to american music and back to desi again flawlessly. He also does not just play one entire song and then start the next at the beginning. He mixes the songs together live and plays the best parts of the songs like a true DJ does. We also hired a dhol player to accompany the music at both of our events. Sohbash was very open to having the dhol player there, and was able to work with the dhol player seamlessly, as if they have always been working together. Sohbash was very professional and was early and set up before we arrived at either of our events. He had no problem with his equipment, and was dressed very appropriately for our events. DJ Sohbash is worth every penny!! My wife and I would recommend Sohbash to any one of our family and friends, and would hire him again without thinking twice!!
    Hersh Married on 09/01/2013
    Hersh A.

I definitely recommend hiring DJ Sohbash for your next party or event. I had recently requested the DJ services of Sohbash for my big event. I was glad that he was available for the Labor Day holiday weekend. Not only was I familiar with him and his work but also he came highly recommended by his colleagues and some family/ friends I know. As his reputation goes, partying w/ A-listers, DJing at small to big gigs etc, he was an ideal choice for me. He was professional and courteous. He listened to our requests and suggested what songs should be played at various stages of my event. He was prepared for my big event and did a fantastic job at the wedding. My wife liked his choices of songs and so did my parents and various guests. He is a top notch DJ w/ lots of experience and knows what he is doing. He can also do video mixing. You will enjoy his music. Hire DJ Sohbash.
    Shalini Married on 06/16/2013
    Let's see…two people in love, two families in enthusiastic agreement, friends and relatives congregating to celebrate, a beautiful life together all ready to begin! Now that sets a picturesque wedding! A blessed occasion! But what sets a party? The DJ of course! In fact a vital ingredient to any party! The DJ can single handedly control the tempo, the rhythm and the excitement of the party. It is an important job requiring the talent to have an adept understanding of the pulse of the crowd! That is in addition to having the ability to seamlessly mix songs, featuring the new with the old, giving incredible twists to songs you have heard a gazzilion times, subconsciously forcing everyone and their granny to get up and dance to the beat! DJ Sohbash is an embodiment of that talent. We have been to a lot of parties and a lot of wedding receptions, but never once have we had so much fun! Alright…we are obviously biased because it was our own wedding, but trust me when I tell you several of our friends were still raving about Sohbash and his work days after our wedding. You generally hear guests comment on food, the decorations or the venue. But seldom is any attention paid to the DJ unless of course he/she botches something up! Sohbash is a stand-out talent who catches your attention.
    He also performs something unique, which I had not seen at any reception before. He mixes videos to sync with the songs he is playing. It is a nice touch and a great addition to the party when everyone is on the dance floor.
    He is a one-stop shop for all your DJ needs. Monogram lighting? Fog machines? Projectors? Uplights? He's got you covered.
    He was on schedule, prompt with his responses when we had questions and needed him to mix some songs for the wedding party entrances. He was on his A-game from start to finish.
    Praveen & Shalini