DJ Scott Langlois Reviews

138 | Portsmouth, NH

138 Reviews for DJ Scott Langlois

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Paul · Married on 09/02/2018

Fast responses: usually < 5 minutes. Constructive problem solving with sound mixing in various settings.

Sent on 09/09/2018

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thanks Paul & Mary It was great day for sure. I had never been to Dexter’s Inn. What a great Venue

Elizabeth · Married on 09/01/2018

Scott was such a pleasure to work with! The dance floor at our wedding was consistently full!

Erika · Married on 08/18/2018

When your guests are still complimenting you on the music weeks after your wedding, you know you hired the right DJ. My husband and I had no idea what we were doing, what should be played when, and Scott sat down with us and explained everything, gave us ideas we would have wished we thought of, and catered to everyone. He is so highly recommended, and really knows what he's doing. I know there are a lot of choices to choose from, but if you hire Scott your DJ and music will be the only thing you won't have to worry about on your big.

Sent on 09/08/2018

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thanks Erika & Kyle. It was great being part of your Big Day Kitz Farm is such a great place to have your Ceremony & Reception. I only wished we had more time since no one wanted to leave

Mylinda · Married on 08/04/2018

Scott provided the music for the wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He also provided MC services. His communication before the wedding was great and he provided very helpful tips for a seamless evening. It was a really warm and humid night, but his music selections kept the guests dancing until the last song. Afterwards many people commented on how good the DJ was. Highly recommend Scott!

Sent on 08/17/2018

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thanks Mylinda, it was great being part your Families Wedding Day. Foster’s is a great place to have a Reception and despite Mother Nature, everyone had a great time.

Michelle Sepanski Gates · Married on 07/28/2018

Thank you!!

Scott was beyond flexible in working with us planning our cross-country wedding, dealing with time differences for phone calls and meeting with us in person and helping finalize all of our music details even just two days before the wedding. Beyond keeping the dance floor packed all night long, Scott had some great ideas on how to make everything flow with speeches, dances/et to contribute to the day beyond just playing the music we requested. Thank you Scott for all of your help!

Cara · Married on 07/14/2018

Scott provided his amazing services for our rehearsal dinner cookout, wedding ceremony, and reception. His expertise, professionalism, and humor made our wedding day unforgettable. Scott has the experience that you want (and need) in someone involved in the celebration of an important life event. He is knowledgeable and easy to work with and offers valuable input based on his experience working in the wedding industry. We have gotten so many compliments from family and friends on the music played at our wedding weekend events. Scott took the time to understand exactly what kind of music we wanted played, and he was able to edit and mix songs for key parts of the ceremony and reception. In addition, Scott worked seamlessly with our venue, cocktail hour jazz band, photographer, and other vendors on our wedding day. If you’re looking for a DJ for your wedding or other important event, Scott is the absolute best option! Thank you Scott!!!

Sent on 08/08/2018

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thank you Cara (& Alex) for trusting me with all 3 Facets of your Wedding. Thompson Inn and CyderHouse is a Great place to have a Ceremony & Reception

david · Married on 06/23/2018

Scott was perfect. Played all of the tunes we were looking to hear and was quite witty and funny. Forgot he was there most of our wedding event. He has an awesome volume of music knowledge.

Melissa · Married on 10/21/2017

Great job!!! Was on time and played the songs we wanted. Everyone was dancing. Best DJ I've seen! Would definitely hire him again for any other parties I may have!! Thank you Scott

Sent on 11/10/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thank you Melissa (& Jason) Your Family and Friends were Fun. Plum Island is great place for a Wedding.

Lynne · Married on 10/08/2017

Scott was AWESOME!!! Because my (now) husband and I put our wedding together so quickly, and we live out of town, we spoke with Scott by phone to make arrangements and met him the day of the wedding. My husband had a lot of dedications, and Scott was very accommodating but also provided some much needed advice to guide us through. Scott was great at reading the crowd and was instrumental in our wedding being so much fun. Everyone had a great time. One of my aunt's even said her daughter was singing along to songs and she usually doesn't do that. Scott also "brokered" a dance-off between my husband and his nephew which was hysterical. We had a great time and Scott was a big reason behind that!

Sent on 11/16/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thanks Lynne (& Sal) for taking time to write such a detailed review and for having me DJ your Wedding. Even though we never met until Your Wedding Day. I thought everything went smoothly and I am glad you did too. It was nice that you both had dedications to Family that no longer with us and that songs can bring back such good memories

Kaitlin · Married on 10/07/2017

I honestly was blown away by DJ Scott. We planned a wedding in Vermont while living in CT. Finding vendors was difficult however a friend of ours referred us to Scott. When I called him the first time he was extremely welcoming and helpful. He offered to give his ideas which were a tremendous help. Fast forward to a week before the wedding and he was on the phone with us going over each song detail and helping us through the entire process for over an hour. Even after that day we still did not have a few songs picked. The day before he contacted me again and we worked on the songs and he came up with some wonderfully creative ideas. Every person at that wedding has come up to me complimenting us on the DJ. Even during the wedding he continued to add a creative spin and follow some of my Dad's ideas which truly made his night. He truly made our wedding special to us and for that we cannot write a review well enough to convey the gratitude we have for him for making our Wedding Day so special. Thank you DJ Scott you truly have a gift

Sent on 10/30/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thank you Kaitlin (& Chris) for the Great Review. You’re Wedding was awesome and I appreciate you taking the time to talk with me about the Music and other Details. It’s not easy planning a Wedding long distance but you did it. I Loved you family and Friends and especially your Dad and his crew. Killington was a Great Back Drop to your Ceremony and the weather cleared right on cue.
    Thank you for having me !

Kim · Married on 09/30/2017

We have used Scott twice now. He is amazing and has made both occasions memorable. People are still telling us how great and fun the night was. Wouldn't use anyone else ever!

Sent on 09/27/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thank You Kim. It was great to be a small part of two of your Family's Big Events

Charles · Married on 09/09/2017

Scott was a pleasure to work with. He was knowledgeable, detail oriented and composed the perfect sound track to our special day!

Sent on 10/31/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thanks Charles (& Faye). Your Ceremony at Fort Foster was beautiful and the weather couldn’t have been better. Your Reception at The Star Theatre was very unique and I enjoyed DJING for your Friends and Family

Marissa · Married on 09/08/2017

Scott was a pleasure to work with. He came highly recommended to us by our venue and he exceeded our expectations. We met prior to the wedding to discuss our favorite songs and thoughts for the evening. Scott was incredibly helpful in suggesting music that would work with our taste and crowd. The music at the reception was perfect - the dance floor was packed all night! Our friends and family had a great time! We would definitely recommend Scott!

Sent on 09/29/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thanks Marissa (& Steve) Your Wedding was a Blast. Rosalita was the perfect way to end the Night, thanks for having faith in my suggestions. Your Guests were great to play for.

Kristin · Married on 09/03/2017

Scott was AWESOME, the dance floor at our wedding was jam packed all night long -he did a fantastic job! We Highly Recommend him and would use him in the future.

Sent on 11/13/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thanks Kristin (& Nick) The Three Chimneys is one of my favorite places. Your Ceremony in front of Fireplace was beautiful and your Family & Friends danced all night

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2017

We hired Scott as our wedding DJ for our early September wedding in NH and he was by far one of our favorite vendors. From our initial conversation through the evening of the wedding, Scott was engaging and hilarious the entire process. You may think a DJ is one of those details that you don’t need to spend as much time focusing in on but Scott is so detailed in his approach to make sure the flow of your evening really takes shape and is personalized to you and your significant other’s styles. Our friends and family were so happy with the selection of music throughout dinner and the reception and he even guided us through choosing the right person for our ceremony and cocktail hour (we went with live tunes, great choice if you can do it!) Scott is great at taking requests, working on a personalized playlist prior to the big day with you AND coming up with hot jams during the night that flow with the energy of the wedding party. He was by far the best DJ I’ve ever seen at a wedding and we had several guests tell us the same. He’s hilarious, kind, knowledgeable, a true professional and a pleasure to work with. May get divorced just to have him DJ my wedding again! HA! Too soon?

Sent on 09/21/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thank You Lauren (& Mike) for your kind words. I loved your Wedding and being your DJ. Between the Bob Marley remixes and The Grateful Dead for dinner, the 90's Dance Sets and of course The Pizza Delivery story that I have already shared a dozen times. The Fells is a great spot for a Ceremony and Reception and you guys made even more special for me.

Meghan · Married on 08/26/2017

Scott was great to work with - very responsive, professional and had great suggestions to help us plan out the music for our wedding. People had a great time and the dance floor was packed the whole evening! Definitely in part to the music choices Scott helped us come up with (and some that he chose as well). Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/14/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thanks Meghan (& Jared) It great to be part of your Wedding I really appreciate your faith in me to make your Big Day a success

Lisa · Married on 08/12/2017

Scott worked closely with our daughter and fiance' on their reception flow and music selection ideas, confirming and fine-tuning reception details even up to shortly before the wedding day. There was not an un-danced song! Scott and his assistant Sean were most professional, timely, well-dressed, and accomodating at our daughter-her new husband's wedding reception celebration. The reception revolved around the music and we are most appreciative of how special the bride and groom felt at their wedding day's reception. Thank you from the bride's parents!!!

Sent on 08/18/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thank you Lisa for this review. Your Family & Friends were Great to be with. From Dinner to the Last Dance they didn't want to stop. I'm sure Maria & Chuck also appreciate all that you did in the Pre-Planning of their Wedding. The Portsmouth Country Club couldn't have looked any better
  • LemonadeSprings

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2017

Fantastic to work with! Very fun and helpful in planning the reception. Everyone loved all of the music! Very responsive to emails and calls!

Sent on 10/12/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thank you for the Review, I only wished you didn't remain anonymous and I could thank you personally

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2017

Excellent, fun to work with! Great music at the reception!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Hey Sarah (& Tim) Thank you for having Me as Your DJ

molly · Married on 08/04/2017

We live locally and were suggested to use Scott Langlois as a DJ- we could not be happier with our decision. Scott was super helpful in the lead-up to the wedding and picked a vey thoughtful list of songs to represent us as a couple. I could not have picked a better playlist, even if I had all the time in the world- people are still asking for a sample of what we played! I can't imagine a better DJ than Scott, we completely lucked out in finding him! As a bonus, he is very fun to shoot music ideas off of- a true genius in the field. I feel so lucky to have had him as our DJ and would HIGHLY recommend him to any close friend!!!

Sent on 08/25/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Hey Molly (& Rob) this review made my day. I loved being a part of your Wedding. The weather was perfect for having a Outdoor Ceremony & Reception at The Moffatt Ladd House. I am so glad that you & Rob were so happy with my Services and especially the Music. The Recessional worked out perfect, it was definitely the first time I have played Toots & The Maytals during a Ceremony.

Caitlin · Married on 07/14/2017

Scott's DJing service was included in the wedding package we selected from our wedding venue. From the first time we met him at one of our venue's open house events, we knew he would be the right guy for the job. He was easy to talk to, quickly relatable, and clearly knew his stuff. Planning with him was never a problem. We met at his house a few weeks before our day to go over all the reception details. Prior to meeting in person we had communicated via e-mail. He was always open to our ideas for music. He offered suggestions, but never made us feel as though we needed to do any of them. As for the actual event, we had many people telling us throughout the night--and days following-- that they loved the music selections from both dinner and dancing. He's not one of those DJs who will take over the dance floor and show you how to dance to the music. He works his magic from behind the table so that way it's truly your event! And trust me, your guests will be movin' and groovin'! Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/18/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thank you Caitlin & Jacob, it was great working with you both. What a small world that I knew Jacob's Uncle and was glad to reconnect with him.

Brianna · Married on 07/01/2017

Scott was wonderful! He understood our requests and gave very good suggestions on the flow of our reception. He had also suggested other versions of first song and we absolutely appreciate his input. The night was Great.
    Thanks again, Scott!

Sent on 07/13/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thanks Brianna & Ian for having me as your DJ and for being so open to advice and suggestions. Here's to many years of happiness for both of you

Sharra · Married on 06/11/2017

Scott was great! He was very good at working with our schedule, which was very helpful since we live out of state. He made the process fun and stress free.

Sent on 06/26/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thanks Sharra & Keith. I was a beautiful day for Wedding. Thanks for having me as your DJ

Megan · Married on 06/03/2017

Scott was our DJ for our wedding that was held at Kitz Farm in Strafford, NH. Scott met with us upfront to understand what we were looking for and then helped us set up the schedule for our reception. Scott guided us through the schedule, giving suggestions and choices and letting us make the final decision. On our first dance and parent songs he had a couple different versions of our songs to choose from which was awesome. Scott wanted to make sure he understood what kind of music we wanted and also what songs we didn't want played. We gave Scott very little guidance as far as music to play, but I think that worked out best because he kept our guests dancing for fours hours straight!!! People stayed on the dance floor all night long and loved what Scott put together! He was responsive to all of our guests when they made requests and overall helped make our wedding day amazing! I can't say enough good things about this experience and would highly recommend him for any special occasion.

Sent on 06/17/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thank You Megan (& Chris). I Loved your Wedding. I had never DJed at Kitz Farm before, what a great place for a Wedding. Your guests were ready to dance and we were lucky enough that things were running ahead of schedule and left us with over 4 hours of dance time. Most nights I'm lucky to get 2 1/2 by the time Dinner and Formalities and done. Thanks again for having me

P.S. I have Video of Megan up on the 2nd level with her back up Dancers that I'll have to share

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2017

From the moment my fiancè and I met Scott at a vendor show about a year and a half ago I knew he was going to be an amazing DJ. Scott is not only a professional but also a kind and hilarious person. He will make you feel so comfortable because he knows the ins and outs of what makes a wedding run smoothly. He will answer any question you have in a prompt manner. He was an absolute pleasure to work with and I highly recommend him for any function you have!!

Sent on 06/05/2017

DJ Scott Langlois's reply:

Thank You Lauren ( & Cameron) for having me as your DJ and The Great Review. Your Wedding was a blast and I didn't want it to end.