DJ Scott Benowicz Reviews

55 | Medford, MA

55 Reviews for DJ Scott Benowicz

1 User photo

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2018

Great DJ, kept the dance floor full all night!

We recommend Scott very highly! Being music lovers, this was a very important part of the day for us.
    Scott brought beautiful sound to our ceremony, cocktail hour, and kept the partying going throughout the night at our reception.
    Scott is so easy to work with. He took time to meet with us mid-workweek before the wedding at a location that was convient for us to go over music selections. He thoughtfully understood our favorite music genres and helped us curate sound combining our favorites and his knowledge of what a diverse crowd responds too. Scott is a great MC, brining much enthusiasm to the night without being an overbearing personality.
    Scott was very responsive and communicative throughout the planning process.
    We’ve recieved lot’s of positive feedback from family and friends who had a great time at out wedding, thanks to Scott keeping the people dancing all night!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/14/2018

Best time , defiantly recommend

So glad we had Scott for our dj at our wedding ! He’s amazing , played all the right music , had me and my guest dancing all night ! Defiantly recommend Scott for any type of event that needs a dj .

Sent on 11/01/2018

Sara · Married on 10/14/2017

Scott is a fantastic DJ and was wonderful to work with! He smoothly orchestrated a ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing in multiple locations at our venue - it was seamless. He has great attention to detail and sent us a Google document to fill out with our song preferences. Scott had a good read of the crowd the entire night and got people dancing immediately after dinner. The party didn’t stop as Scott played great music that kept the dance floor packed all night. We can’t recommend him highly enough - he made our wedding into the best party!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Sara · Married on 08/26/2017

After many failed searches for fining a DJ, Scott was reccomended to us by some friends who had him at their wedding. At the time I thought it would be impossible to find a DJ that was both responsive and sane!
    From the beginning Scott was helpful, responsive, friendly and accommodating to all of our wedding requests. His upbeat and easy going attitude was exactly what I needed as a stressed bride! He took the time to make sure that my (now) husband had his music included into our playlist, which really meant a lot to me as my husband was a little more "hands-off" with the planning than I was.
    On the big day, Scott arrived prepared and with an awesome attitude that really helped calm my nerves. He exceeded our expectations in music, and facilitating the timeline for our ceremony and reception. I had a few special requests and Scott accommodated ALL of them, and made suggestions that made them even better! We could not have asked for a better DJ and my husband and I had the time of our lives thanks to him! We can't reccomend him highly enough!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Craig · Married on 07/29/2017

Benny was very professional and definitely knew what he was doing. It was nice to not have to worry about the sound, music or MC-ing. He took the time to sit down with us beforehand to go over specifics and song selections, and made sure to double check with us when there was any ambiguity in which version of a song we wanted. He read the crowd well and kept the dance floor packed.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2017

Scott is the best wedding DJ ever! We had heard him at another wedding a few years ago and had a blast so when we got engaged we knew Scott was going to be our first call. He lived up to our high expectations - the dance floor was packed! Everyone kept telling us how awesome the music and DJ was and we even got a few people who never dance to join us for a few songs. We have been guests at several weddings since and every time we wished Scott was DJing because it is just so much more fun!

Scott was super easy to work with, very professional, asked what artists and types of music we wanted to hear, and was very reasonably priced. He was relaxed and flexible so everything ran smoothly and we highly recommend him. Don't think twice - book Scott!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Valerie · Married on 10/01/2016

As soon as we got engaged we knew Scott was going to be our guy. My fiance and I had attended several weddings where Scott was the D.J. over the past few years and we left impressed every single time. When it came time for our own wedding, Scott did not disappoint. From the beginning of our planning he was responsive and helpful without being overbearing, spent time visiting the venue with us, and alleviated any anxieties. We had Scott play during our dinner and reception and he always knew exactly what to play and when in order to keep things moving smoothly and seamlessly, despite a tight timeline. Scott adhered to our music preferences and made sure to check in with us throughout the night when he had questions or needed to pass on information. Scott is an entertaining, fun, and laid back guy who will do whatever it takes to ensure you and your guests have the time of your lives!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Luke · Married on 09/10/2016

Scott DJ'ed our September 2016 wedding at the Sharksmouth Estate in Manchester by the Sea, MA. A couple months before the wedding he met with us on our schedule to have a meet and greet and review the details of the wedding. Before the meeting he emailed us a Google Doc that outlines a timeline of the day that we fine tuned and allowed us to start brainstorming our ideas and listing out our song choices. Scott made it clear to us that he wanted to play music that we wanted to hear during the night and that was something that was very important to us. We made a huge list of songs within the Google Doc and Scott made up a great playlist adding some songs of his own that meshed well with our list. Scott has high quality current equipment and the capability of downloading and playing any song choices you can think of. He's experienced, respectful, doesn't take up a lot of real estate, and very easy to work with. I also want to note that he made a separate visit to our venue by himself a week before the wedding to review the logistics and his equipment layout to make sure everything went smooth. We thought that was awesome! Thanks a lot Scott!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Nikki · Married on 07/15/2016

Scott was fantastic. Extremely helpful leading up to wedding with play lists, what type of music to play when, time management. At the wedding- everything we had discussed was executed perfectly and just as promised.

Sent on 07/01/2016

Kara · Married on 06/25/2016

Scott was fantastic! Our dance floor was packed all night and we were so happy with the music played! He worked with us ahead of time to make sure he knew what we wanted and provided helpful suggestions on what he has seen work at other weddings. He was well prepared for our introductions and kept us on track timing wise. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ and got many compliments at the wedding on the music/DJ. Thanks so much for the perfect soundtrack for our wedding, Scott!!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/03/2016

Scott is an unbelievable DJ! After many co-workers had used him for their weddings and gave rave reviews I decided to book him for myself and I’m so happy I did. He gave me and my husband a Google doc the minute we booked his services so we could begin to write down songs we liked which is great, since many DJ’s we spoke with make you sign a contract and don’t speak to you until it’s time for your wedding, but Scott was available and engaged the entire time leading up to our big day. I had a last minute location addition and he was extremely accommodating. When it was time to sit down with him and go through our playlists he was amazing with suggestions, downloaded songs I was very particular about on the spot to ensure he had the correct version and made sure every song fit ‘our personalities and themes’. Our guests LOVED the vibe and music choices Scott made and had everyone up on their feet for the entire night. He was a blast! Scott is very professional and an all-around great guy. Thanks for making our wedding so memorable!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Brittney · Married on 10/24/2015

Scott was amazing! The fact that he loves all kinds of music really allows him to be a great DJ. We met with him before the wedding to go over everything we wanted. He was very in tune with us and wrote down every request we had. Scott has great energy which is definitely needed for a wedding. A good time was had by all.

Sent on 07/01/2016

Kendra · Married on 10/10/2015

I recently got married and we had Scott as our DJ, and couldn't be happier. He had everyone up on the dance floor from the beginning per our request and I have received multiple phone calls saying how amazing and fun our wedding was. Scott is extremely professional and met with us twice in person to make sure we were on the same page. He was a blast to work with and I highly recommend Scott for anyone in search of a DJ.

Sent on 10/17/2015

Scott is awesome to work with. He has a lot of insight to offer in the planning process and is also flexible with incorporating your ideas. Would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Finding the right band or DJ for your event can make or break the evening. Which is why my husband and I looked long and hard before selecting Scott to DJ our wedding. He actually worked a three-day wedding event we attended just the weekend before, and we were blown away by how much fun everyone had and how awesome the music was--I don't think he repeated a single song over the course of the entire weekend.

One of the things that is so fantastic about Scott is that the playlist is tailored specifically to you as a couple. We spent an evening with Scott mapping out the perfect playlist for our night, and I was amazed at how well the music represented who we are as a couple and reflected our individual tastes. Scott also had some great ideas on the flow of the evening--he is clearly a seasoned pro and was dead on in all of his suggestions. In the ten weddings we've been to this summer, I haven't seen more people out on a dance floor--my aunt actually hurt her hip dancing so hard! People were raving about our music weeks after the event and asking us where we found such an awesome DJ.

Scott, in a word, was a fantastic. Do yourself a favor and stop looking elsewhere for DJs--you've found your guy.

Sent on 10/19/2015

When I dreamed of my wedding day, the thing I wanted most was a night full of dancing. Thanks to Scott, my dreams came true. My husband and I actually picked our wedding venue (Sandy Island Family Camp) because the reception did not have to end at a certain time. So now we had the challenge of finding a dj who would be up for staying a little bit longer than one day, but wouldn't break our budget. Scott was the perfect man for the job. In the months leading up to the wedding, Scott met with us to get a feel for the type of music we like. I loved how we would suggest a song and then he would come back with a few other songs that we hadn't even thought of. Scott came up for the rehearsal BBQ on Friday night, set up his speakers and played a playlist of our favorite songs. He has multiple sets of speakers so he was able to do the music during the ceremony, have music set up for the cocktail hour, and a system ready in the lodge where we had the dancing. Once the dancing started I don't think I left the dance floor once! Scott did a fantastic job of balancing requests. He knew our taste in music so well, he would kindly tell guests if their request didn't fit with the bride and groom's playlist. After the wedding, most people commented about how great the dj was and how much fun they had dancing. We couldn't agree more!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Robin · Married on 09/12/2015

Hi, Just wanted to drop in to say how great our experience was working with Scott on our big day. He was the perfect addition to our day and helped up every step of the way. He not only played great music and kept the party dancing the whole night, but he has a very laid back personality which helps every couple on the big day. I would highly recommend Scott to any one looking for a DJ for a wedding or party.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Rebecca · Married on 08/29/2015

Scott exceeded all expectations as our wedding DJ from start to finish!
    From the very beginning after meeting with Scott he immediately followed up with a simple and straight forward document to track our music selections and shared playlist making it easy to exchange our songs. He is extremely organized as well as responsive. He always made himself available for questions or a face to face meeting to discuss the big day. Scott went above and beyond to ensure that he achieved the end result we were looking for - that was clearly proved when by the end of the night we had our family and friends coming up to us to let us know just how much they loved the DJ and the music. He kept our guests on the dance floor and having the time of their lives the entire night which was the most important part to us! We highly recommend using Scott as your DJ!!

Sent on 09/17/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Scott. He played the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. From the beginning of the wedding planning process he was extremely helpful in answering all questions and helping to lead us in the right direction for music choices. Scott was extremely accommodating as a few things changed throughout the night. He was extremely knowledgable, helpful, kind, and professional.

As soon as dinner was finished the dance floor was filled with guests the entire evening. We are still hearing guests rave about Scott. There were even wedding crashers, I saw the group of women inside the venue at the bar on my way out and they told me they couldn't help but jump in for a few songs because "the music was too good"!
    I think it is safe to say that Scott knows not only how to get a party started but how to keep it going. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ for their upcoming wedding!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Kristin · Married on 06/20/2015

If there is anything you take away from this review, let it be this: DJ Scott Benowicz MADE our wedding day.

In a time where bravado, fog machines and amped up emcees overpower the dance floor—my husband and I were very nervous about going with a DJ. That is...until we discovered Scott. He is a diamond in the rough; a talented, kind, people-person who leads with his talents yet stays in the background so that the night is about you, the music and your guests.

Immediately after having met with Scott is was clear to see he had a passion for music and an ability to really get to know his clients so that he provides a high-end, personalized experience. He met with us a week before the wedding to go over our preference sheet and to provide some feedback on songs that we may want to consider based on our music choices. Needless to say, we discovered some incredible new musicians that we couldn't wait to hear on our wedding day and felt confident in knowing that our reception's musical-ambiance was in his hands. While we hand selected a majority of the songs, we did leave the tempo of the evening up to Scott. And, in turn, we were delighted to see that Scott had an ability to really select music and read the dance floor so that it never emptied while making sure it kept in line with our style.

Following our wedding day, Scott shared our wedding music playlist with us on Spotify which we continue to listen to most every day; a cherished memory of a great night had because of his talents.

We wish Scott continued success and highly recommend him to anyone looking to host an event or a wedding in the Boston-area.

-Kristin & Nicholas McNulty

Sent on 10/14/2015

Eli · Married on 06/07/2015

Scott was wonderful to work with. He worked around our band for Ceremony sound, a 2 hour Wedding set after the band and after hours set. He was prompt and on top of all requirements we needed for an incredible value. He found solutions to unique logistics issues and then simply rocked the house. The transition from band to DJ was so seamless that people legitimately didn't notice until a few songs in.

To top it off, Scott looked the part. In sharp contrast to the rumpled black suits of most wedding vendors, Scott's gorgeous gear was a great added touch of style that made him look the part.

Could not recommend Scott more strongly.

Sent on 06/23/2015

David · Married on 04/19/2015

Scott was a phenomenal DJ. We made a great decision choosing him. Scott was great with helping plan the music and was very flexible in how much input we wanted on song choices. He was always friendly and professional in all interactions and was a pleasure to deal with overall. When it came time to do the ceremony itself, Scott was very important in making sure everyone was mic'ed properly and everyone could be heard. At the reception, Scott kept the party going. Everything we asked for was played, and he had a great flow from one song to the next. Announcements and speeches were handled smoothly and with ease. We are still getting comments from our guests on how much fun the reception was, no small part of which was Scott. My wife and I are very happy that Scott was with us on our big day. He had a great positive impact on the event as a whole and we are more than satisfied. Book with Scott!

Sent on 06/22/2015
  • O

Omar · Married on 02/21/2015

Scott came highly recommended from friends that have previously used him. He made sure our wedding reception was AMAZING and so much fun. We provided a list of songs that we wanted to hear and gave him free reign for everything else. I must say, once the dance floor was opened up, nobody wanted to leave. He was very accommodating and willing to go above and beyond, we had a Belly dancer that he coordinated with to ensure he had all her music ahead of time and that things went off without a hitch.

I can't thank Scott enough for the amazing job that he did.

Sent on 08/05/2015

John · Married on 01/30/2015

Scott is the best at what he does period. We hired Scott to DJ our wedding and he surpassed all our expectations. He is a true professional. If you want to nail the music on your special day and not even have to worry about keeping the guests up on the floor, hire Scott. He makes it incredibly easy with "what to play", and more importantly "what not to play". His timing was perfect and his playlist was exceptional. The night was perfect and Scott played a huge role in making that happen.

Sent on 02/14/2015

Caitlin · Married on 12/06/2014

Scott is simply amazing. He was our wedding DJ and couldn't have done a better job. We have actually had several of our friends ask for his info for their weddings! We chose to only pick out a few special songs and let him do his thing for the rest of it - and I'm so happy we did! He had the crowd up and dancing the whole night. He really made the night special and fun for us. On top of it all, he was really easy to work with, got back to us very quickly whenever we had questions and is generally just a nice (and normal) guy. I would highly recommend him for your wedding or any other special event.

Sent on 05/28/2015