DJ Ryan Kellinghaus Reviews

41 | Cincinnati, OH

41 Reviews for DJ Ryan Kellinghaus

Roxanne · Married on 07/14/2012

From our very first meeting when Ryan asked to visit our reception venue so he could make specific plans for the space (loved his attention to detail and ultra-prepared attitude!!), he was incredibly thoughtful and professional. He took detailed notes about exactly what I wanted, and in the areas I wasn't 100% certain about, he made great suggestions based on his vast experience.

Even while he was on vacation the week before our wedding, Ryan still communicated with us and stayed on top of last minute decisions. He showed up VERY early the day of our wedding to make sure our "Christmas in July" lighting was perfect and setup the sound equipment. He played most of the songs we asked for (his website made this super easy to do!) and kept our dance floor COVERED all night.

I would highly recommend Ryan to anyone looking for a fantastic DJ as well as fabulous lighting! He’s amazing at both!!

Sent on 08/26/2012

DJ Ryan Kellinghaus's reply:

Roxanne and Brian - Your reception was stunning. Thank you so much for your review. Brian's brothers were hilarious and their toasts were unforgettable. Your dad's slide show was clever and your Christmas in July vision was spectacular. I look forward to celebrating with you at another wedding soon!

*Future Brides who read Roxannes review - Roxanne mentioned that I played "most" of the songs she and Brian requested so I feel inclined to provide some explanation. We work with our brides to identify must play, should play and don't play songs. We play ALL must play selections. We lead with should play songs. Should play selections allow a little more freedom to cater to guest requests and read the dance floor. If you have any questions about our music philosophy at 513DJ or music for your wedding day I'd be happy to discuss your vision and how we can work with you to ensure that all of your special songs are played when you want them played.

Bill · Married on 06/10/2012

My Wife and I were very fortunate to have DJ Avious from 513DJ as a part of our big day! Avious was extremely professional and helpful during the planning of our reception. We had some ideas as far as what we wanted, and after speaking with Avious he was able to fill in the blanks and give us more than we ever expected! Avious kept our reception moving the whole night, and the dance floor was packed! He was able to take our request and create and incredible set list that made the night enjoyable for everyone! Avious is more than just a DJ, he has a personality that comes through the whole night that generates fun for all in attendance. You can tell that Avious is excited to be a part of your wedding, and he creates an atmosphere where everyone else is excited too! I could not recommend anyone better.

Sent on 06/26/2012
  • Z

Zoee · Married on 06/08/2012

DJ Ryan - We wanted to send a quick thank you and let you know how much we appreciate your hard work on our wedding day! We had many compliments about how the dance floor rocked all night and couldn't have been happier with the MC-ing of the event. You were professional and helpful throughout the entire process and we couldn't have chosen
    anyone better for our big night! Thank you again!!

Sent on 07/23/2012

I worked with Brian Childs through this company as our DJ. He was fantastic. We had several phone calls before the wedding to make sure the layout of the evening and the song list were in order. On the day of Brian really kept things moving and did a great job of playing music that our older guests and younger guests enjoyed. And he really put me at ease all night knowing that he had everything under control. Brian was so great, I'd recommend him to any bride!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Jana · Married on 04/28/2012

We used 513DJ Ryan Kellinghaus for our reception and we were extremely pleased with them. DJ Tom was our DJ and he was so helpful and flexible with our arrangements. We also used Tom for the ceremony music, which required a seperate set-up. We had a last minute change due to the weather and Tom handled it with ease. He was instrumental in moving the schedule along at the reception. Once we got through dinner to dancing, the music was great and he kept the party going with song selections that kept people out on the floor, which is what we wanted. I would recommend DJ Tom and 513DJ for your wedding needs.

Sent on 05/03/2012

Jamie · Married on 12/16/2011

Avious was the DJ for my wedding and he was awesome. He kept the dance floor packed all night long - even got out and sang and danced with my guests. He made everything flow and I couldn't have been happier. Our guests loved him and I would definitely recommend him to everyone I know.

Sent on 01/05/2012

Joanna · Married on 10/15/2011

Ryan was the DJ for our wedding at Drees Pavilion. We were extremely happy with the service he provided. We had some off-beat requests for our cocktail hour and dinner, and he accommodated us with everything requested. He was very flexible in meeting with us and walking us through the planning process for the flow of the reception. Many of our guests commented on what a great DJ he was and on how much fun they had at our reception! We were so pleased with Ryan and would recommend him to anyone planning an event!

Sent on 11/02/2011

Bill · Married on 10/08/2011

Excellent DJ. Tom kept everyone on the dancefloor all night.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Rick · Married on 09/24/2011

Ryan was a kick ass DJ. I would highly recommend him!!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Kyle · Married on 08/20/2011

Ryan recently served as DJ for my wedding at the French House at French Park. Ryan is simply amazing. He is so detail-oriented, and meet with us throughout the planning process to find out what we were looking for in a DJ. We knew after meeting with Ryan he was skilled, professional and the perfect DJ for our wedding. We expressed to Ryan how important it was to us that our guests always be dancing. Ryan had the dancefloor packed the entire night! I have had several guests tell me how awesome our music was and that is because of Ryan. My husband and I have NEVER had so much fun.

Initially, we were torn between hiring a band or a DJ. But now we know we made the right decision by choosing Ryan---he was well worth it, and turned our reception into a party! I highly reccommend Ryan for your upcoming event! He is OUTSTANDING!

Sent on 08/30/2011

Erica · Married on 08/13/2011

Our wedding was August 13, 2011. I (the groom) was tasked with finding a DJ among my limited tasks given to me by the bride so the pressure was on. We live in California but our wedding was in Dayton, Ohio so it made it a little more difficult to find a DJ. I interviewed a few DJ's but when I came across 513DJ's and specifically Ryan Kellinghaus I knew he was the one. He was very professional and has a warm and inviting personality. He has a portal that allowed us to upload songs that we want played, songs we didn't want played etc. His portal allowed us to stay on top of payments and all. I was just amazed at how organized he was and how easy he made the process of choosing a DJ and working with him.

I never knew how special DJ Ryan was as a DJ until he started MC'ing and DJ'ing at our wedding. He truly made the experience the perfect night of our lives. Out of everything we had to worry about that day, the DJ was definitely not one of them. Prior to the event he made us feel so comfortable. We got so many comments from our guests regarding how amazing the DJ/MC was at our wedding. He read the crowd and played all the exact right music. I literally stayed on the dance floor from the time the music started playing to the time the reception had to end. I really didn't want the night to end! We even extended the night an hour because everyone was having such a good time.

We got the package with the up lighting. When we walked in the room the up lights definitely added a level of ambiance that we would never have imagined.

All in all it was a perfect night. DJ Ryan managed all of the evenings activities perfectly. If ever we need to have another event in the Dayton Cincy area we will only use DJ Ryan.

Sent on 09/17/2011

Jesse · Married on 06/11/2011

A dj certainly has a big job to keep the one big day going smoothly, and Ryan Kellinghaus has this down pat! My husband and I met with Ryan and were able to describe to him what type of mood and setting we wanted, and Ryan delivered this perfectly on our big day. He is extremely professional and understands a bride and her concerns on her wedding day! The dance floor was full from start to finish, everyone had such a great time, and all of our guests were disappointed that the party was over! I would highly recommend Ryan, and already have, to all that need a great dj in the future.

Sent on 11/13/2011
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/07/2014

Ryan was great to work with from the first meeting. We planned most of our wedding from Chicago so communicating with vendors was mostly over phone or skype. Ryan was one of 4 DJ's we called and we are very happy we chose Ryan. He was very accommodating and easy to work with. His website that allows you to customize your playlist is great and his wedding experience made me chose him. He also went beyond a DJ and provided some hang lighting around our reception area as well as up lighting on some pillars around the dance floor. He also kept the flow of the entire reception by making sure certain events of the reception were starting on time. We also liked that he blended in the background and DJ'd vs trying to be an MC. Overall, Ryan is a great guy and allowed us to have fun at our reception with zero worries.

-wedding groom and bride

Sent on 08/20/2014

5 star review all the way!
    We had Avious as our DJ and he was FANTASTIC!
    First of all, he is just he nicest guy ever and obviously loves what he does.
    Second, all throughout the dinner he kept approaching us and letting us know where we were on the schedule and when specific dances were going to happen. I might have been stressed, but because Avious was keeping us in the loop, I was totally calm.
    Third, (and this is the most awesome for me), he actually listened to my dad's Father of the Bride speech at dinner instead of just zoning out. My dad brought up a wonderful but very slightly embarrassing nickname my husband had in college. Avious picked up on the mood that it wasn't terrible and then BROUGHT IT UP during one of his intros to a song. Our guests loved it! I loved it. It was wonderful.
    Fourth, we ended the night with a sing-along to Total Eclipse of the Heart. My husband says this was his favorite moment of the reception.

Avious' laid back attitude made everything less stressful and he even showed up early to make sure that he would be able to set up his equipment so that he'd be ready to go after our room flip. Working with him was a pleasure and I'd highly recommend him to any bride getting married in the area!

He also totally respected our "please play" and "do not play" lists, which I have heard some DJs do not do. He kept the dance floor packed all night while avoiding the songs we didn't want.

Sent on 05/05/2013

Victoria · Married on 10/17/2015

GREAT and FUN got everyone dancing

Sent on 11/25/2015

Jackie · Married on 04/20/2013

Ryan was an amazing dj! My husband and I had agreed that we both wanted people to be on the dance floor all night, and they were! Ryan made sure that he played the right music and had a great feel for our audience to keep them out there all night long! I have some friends who aren't married yet who got his information for their upcoming wedding. Many of my coworkers and family members have stated to me that our wedding was by far one of the most fun times they have had. I attribute this to Ryan's AWESOME dj services!

Before our wedding, Ryan took the time to meet with us to discuss what we wanted and how we wanted things to go. He did everything we asked for, he was very personal and professional. He took the time to get to know us and he took a surprise special request from me for my husband. He searched for an obscure song, and actually had found the version of a concert we were at the night we got engaged! He loved the story behind it, and he made sure that it was part of our special day.

I couldn't recommend a better dj! Thanks Ryan!

Sent on 07/01/2013