DJ Ryan Kellinghaus Reviews

41 | Cincinnati, OH

41 Reviews for DJ Ryan Kellinghaus

Ann Elizabeth · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Avious is the best wedding DJ in Cincinnati hands down. Not only is he the nicest and warmest human I have ever met, but he knows how to start a party and keep it going all night long. I gave him an idea of the music that we wanted for the dancing portion of our reception and he took it to a whole other level. Every single song was better than the next and the dance floor was packed until the very end of the reception. I wanted the reception to last another two hours because I was having the best time of my life on the dance floor with all of the guests. Even my husband who doesn’t like to dance was on the dance floor with me the entire time. Avious also has an incredible singing voice and sang one of the slow songs out on the dance floor which is a moment I will never forget. I think my jaw hit the dance floor when I realized that he was actually singing the song. Avious goes above and beyond to make sure that he helps give you the best experience ever and we are so glad that we chose 513DJ and DJ Avious to help make our dreams come true.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Stephanie · Married on 08/27/2016

DJ Ryan Kellinghaus was so amazing. He was professional, personable, kind, fun, entertaining and accommodating. Ryan provided music/announcements for wedding ceremony and for the entire reception/party..about 10 hrs. He had a great mix of music and people dancing from beginning to end. He played music on request. I would highly recommend Ryan...such a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Ryan was a pleasure to work with. He is great with communication and responding to emails as well as being very willing to set up meeting times to have questions answered. At our daughter's wedding reception, everyone had a great time dancing. He kept the events of the evening flowing smoothly and fun for everyone!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Courtney · Married on 06/04/2016

I cannot praise Ryan enough! He did such an amazing job as a DJ at our wedding and also provided lighting. From our initial meeting with Ryan, up until the wedding day, he did a great job communicating with my husband and me, and worked to solidify every detail so that our wedding day would be perfect. Many of our guests commented on Ryan and his ability not only to play great music, but his transitions between songs and professionalism. I would HIGHLY recommend Ryan and would use him again in a heartbeat if we ever need a DJ in the future!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Amanda · Married on 12/26/2015

Ryan was absolutely amazing!! We communicated with over two and half years, and he was so flexible and responsive to our changes over the years that we were engaged. When we met with him a couple weeks before the wedding, he was so professional, organized, helpful, and had great ideas for our reception. The night of our wedding was one we will never forget! The reception ran so smooth because of Ryan. He did all the behind the scenes work with my venue, and made sure that the flow was right for my husband and I. Ryan's database for selecting music is easy to use and so helpful in building our playlist for the night. He is extremely talented in responding to how the guests dance to the music and picking the right song to play next. We have multiple guests tell us after the wedding how great the music was and how nice the whole night flowed. We have Ryan to thank for making our wedding day so special!!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Kate · Married on 09/05/2015

Incredible experience with Ryan! We were married on 9/5/15 and hired Ryan over Thanksgiving in 2014. We live out of state but were getting married back in Ohio and Ryan could not have been more helpful, responsive and knowledgeable. From the very beginning he was extremely organized and timely. He was also flexible in meeting with us via Skype and rearranging his schedule to meet with us when we were in Ohio (which wasn't all that often). Not to mention he works a full time job and has a family! He has a great personality and is easy going. On to the actual wedding....we had Ryan do our music and sound for the ceremony and I'm very glad we did. It was completely seamless (and this was a brand new venue for him) and there were no issues. He kept the party going throughout the reception and worked well with our other vendors. He let my husband and I know what was coming up next and where we needed to be so that we didn't have to worry about anything. One of our elderly guests fell during the reception and we had to call an ambulance - we informed him about what was going on and he reacted with ease and kept things moving right along. Everything worked out great and I can't recommend his services enough. You will not regret hiring him!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Libby · Married on 05/23/2015

DJ Ryan Kellinghaus was absolutely amazing at our daughter's reception! His attention to detail, his organization and his listening ear to what our daughter and son-in-law wanted was very impressive from the first contact they had with Ryan. But the bottom line is always the fun factor at the reception, right? Their reception was SO MUCH FUN! The dance floor was always full. In addition to all the fun, he was the perfect emcee. Do not give a second thought to hiring Ryan Kellinghaus for a fabulously fun event!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Sue · Married on 10/18/2014

Ryan was wonderful, so professional but became part of the family. It was comforting to know he had our back. I will recommend him to everyone.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Joe and Amanda · Married on 08/09/2014

Where to begin?! Maybe I should start by saying that almost all of our "praise" from family and friends was regarding how much fun they had on the dance floor. "What a dance party!" From the first time I spoke with Ryan, I knew our celebration was going to be something special. Whether talking music or assisting with the day of itinerary, Ryan was flexible, responsive, and professional.
    My, now, wife and I love to dance and our friends do too. Almost every get together we have turns into an impromptu dance party. When I spoke with Ryan about the types of music we liked you could see the wheels turning. We really wanted a more custom approach, but did not want to limit Ryan's creative spirit. It was clear by reading reviews of Ryan on various websites that he is the best. We gave Ryan 8 "must play" songs and about 7 suggest songs. We picked all (6) of our slow songs, but the rest was up to him and boy did he deliver! The dance floor 21x24 was so jam packed that our guests were dancing on the carpet fringe and no one cared whatsoever!
    Ryan does a fabulous job of reading the crowd. Primarily, soul, funk, R&B, and hip hop, the party never once dipped! It was high energy the entire time. However, Ryan's ability to facilitate the boogie did not impair other non-dancers from having a great time. Ryan directed his sound system at the dance floor which allowed others sitting at tables to hear the music, but still enjoy casual conversations while others got funky.
    Ryan was a great master of ceremony. From toasts to first dances to cake cutting and family photos, Ryan spoke only when necessary and never dominated the mic. We used Ryan's uplighting which added a certain elegance to the historic hall we chose. Though pricey, we'd do it again in a heart beat. It is also noteworthy that Ryan never once tried to "up-sell" us and let us choose what we wanted and what we thought was best.
    When it's all said and done; Ryan as our DJ was the second decision we made that day!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Ryan was our DJ & he was absolutely amazing. I knew as soon as we met him that he was exactly the type of person we were looking for. I had previously called other DJ companies & quickly got annoyed with how much they harassed us to try to gain our business- Ryan was completely different. He was very upfront from the beginning and it was extremely obvious that he cared more about us & our day rather than our money. Ryan made everything go as smooth as he possibly could- we couldn't have asked for more. We love hearing how everyone had a ton of fun at our wedding & how much they enjoyed Ryan. Definitely would recommend Ryan!!!!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Megan · Married on 06/21/2014

We had DJ Avious and he was absolutely fantastic. He was SO MUCH FUN! He did a great job of getting people out on the dance floor, our dance floor was packed for most of the night.

He was also very responsive in the weeks leading up to our wedding and was very accessible, as he gave us his cell phone number and communicated with us via text whenever questions came up. We have heard great things about Avious from our wedding guests. He played most of our "must" requests and overall the music was great.

In addition, we met with Ryan, the owner of 513DJ, when we first started planning our wedding and he was also wonderful. He was so nice and very organized and we loved meeting with him. Both Ryan and Avious were great to work with.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Allison · Married on 05/25/2014

First, Ryan was a pleasure to work with in all our wedding preparations! His responsiveness is top-rate. My emails whether they were stupid questions, half-baked ideas, or final tweaks to our reception schedule, were always answered quickly, and he never seemed bothered by my communicating with him. We loved meeting with him so hired him after hearing about his style, discussing our vision and feeling confident he 'got us.' Secondly, the actual event went SO well! Guests had a great time at the party, and Ryan did a fantastic job. It was so much fun! He played the songs we requested, mixing up the order well, improvising, adding his own spin, incorporating requests, etc, to keep the party moving in the style we wanted (both during dinner and during dancing). He isn't "mic-happy" so will let his music speak for himself, not talk all night, which is great. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Michelle · Married on 11/09/2013

We had the pleasure of working with DJ Tom for our wedding and reception. He did an amazing job! The 513DJ website was easy to use, and extremely helpful in planning and making song selections. We requested to mix in some Latin/Salsa, and Tom did a great job of reading the crowd and making everyone happy! I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Melissa · Married on 11/02/2013

We had the pleasure of working with Ryan Kellinghaus for our wedding. Ryan was great to work with and he gave us some good ideas as well for the evening. Ryan was very good at keeping our dance floor packed all night along and he played the songs we requested along with many other good choices. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a DJ that can keep your wedding party and guest entertained all night long!!!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Erin · Married on 09/14/2013

Ryan was one of the most professional and organized individuals I have ever worked with. I loved how everything he did was based online so we could submit all of our must play, maybe play, do not play lists online as well as the order of events and songs for each event. He made sure that he had everything perfectly organized prior to our event and was very flexible with last minute changes and requests as well. The event ran perfectly and he made all of the announcements we asked him to (no more, no less) which is perfect because we didn't want an MC, we just wanted an amazing DJ- which is what we got. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night (which was difficult because he was competing with a super fun photo booth for part of it!) and the night ended with everyone still on the dance floor - can't ask for more than that! We are very particular about music but he was able to perfectly mix the tracks without treading into our DO NOT PLAY territory (which was extensive haha) I am so happy that we went with Ryan, he's awesome I would absolutely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/21/2013

We had Tom as our DJ and he did a wonderful job! We first met with Ryan, the owner, about 10 months before our wedding. He was very personable, professional, and offered everythign that we needed. The online song selection and recommendation system is soooo convenient! It gives you great ideas and helps you organize your song choices. We met with Tom a few weeks before the wedding and he was well prepared and made sure to ask the right questions. He also played our ceremony music and he did a wonderful job. All the song changes went flawlessly. The cocktail hour and reception went exactly as planned. He played all of our "must play" songs and none that we put on the "do not play" list. But, more importantly he played songs that got everyone up and dancing and everyone had a great time! Tom also made sure all the events were on time and he made sure the reception ran very smoothly. If you are looking for an organized, professional, and enjoyable DJ to work with ... then 513DJ and Tom are the right choice. And not to mention ... their rates are very reasonable!

Sent on 09/24/2013

claire collord · Married on 06/22/2013

We chose to have Tom as our DJ for both the ceremony and reception. He was attentive, professional and direct without being pushy. All of our guests had a blast and so did we. A great company to work with: very personable, very professional.

Sent on 06/27/2013

Patty · Married on 06/15/2013

Ryan was extremely professional in all our dealings with him. He thoroughly explained everything we needed and wanted to know. Our actual DJ, Avious was great! He achieved our main goal of getting everyone dancing and making our reception a blast! He even sang!

Sent on 06/28/2013

Allison · Married on 05/25/2013

We just had our wedding this past weekend and it was great. Ryan recommended Tom to us and he was perfect. He was really flexible with moving around some things to cover for our slower meal service. He played exactly what the ground wanted it hear, and was just an all around great guy. They really helped make the party wonderful. Thank you guys!

Sent on 05/27/2013

Andrew · Married on 12/31/2012

We LOVED working with Ryan! He is so professional and organized, not to mention very personable. But most of all, he is so dedicated to making sure that things turn out perfect. We knew we were going to be in good hands when we chose Ryan, and we were. While we gave him some must plays, we really let Ryan do his thing and he did not disappoint. He is a true talent! Ryan also did our uplighting. On a cold December night the amber up-lighting warmed the room, and as the party started the lights added energy, changing with the tempo. Ryan's services were worth every penny.

Sent on 02/24/2013

Kara · Married on 10/13/2012

Dj Ryan was such a pleasure to work with. Not only is he kind and considerate, but he did all that he could to make our day the way we envisioned it. He was great about communicating with us and adjusted to our busy schedule. He really is genuinely interested in making the event the best it can be. He played our music that we requested and took to the liberty to do his own creative thing (as I asked him to do). GREAT service!

Interestingly, we actually booked our date with DJ Apryl. However, she could not dj due to pregnancy issues. Both Ryan and Apryl kept us updated about her condition and we prepared in case she was not able to dj for our wedding (which turned out to be the case). At any rate, Ryan stepped in for her and did an amazing job. He understood the unusual circumstances and made it work for us so that our day would be everything we wanted. And it was. As a whole, 513dj is a VERY VERY accomodating servtice and very talented. Ryan made everything stress-free. I did not worry once, he had everything under control!

Sent on 11/13/2012

BOPHA · Married on 09/02/2012

Ryan is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! He was great at keeping contact with us throughout the whole wedding planning process. The website is easy and a wonderful tool to use as you can choose all of your music and enter specific things for the wedding. Any music you want, they have. We had such a mixed crowd at our wedding and he was awesome at keeping the flow of the wedding going. He mixed a special song for our first dance, which was awesome!!! Ryan is professional, polite, accommodating, just freaking fabulous! We will recommend him to many people and hope to work with him again for another event. Our wedding day was spectacular. Having a great dj is a must for weddings or any social thing in general. Ryan at 513DJ is it. SO WORTH IT!!! THANKS!!!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Ryan actually listened to our needs and desires, then provided it. He presented a night of wonderful music from the prewedding softies, to the wedding march as selected by the bride, through the entire reception. He kept the music at the volume we desired, went table to table to take requests, then only played the types of music that we preapproved. If a guest requested a song from the "prohibited" list, he quietly explained and asked if the guest wanted a substitution. More than a month later, the guests are still raving about the music, plus asking for Ryan's contact information.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Jeremy & Elizabeth · Married on 08/11/2012

Ryan DJ'd our wedding at Receptions in Erlanger on August 11, 2012. We can't say enough good things about him! From the start, he was very professional and easy to contact. He knew all the right questions to ask and took the time to understand our personalities to ensure the night went off smoothly. Ryan contacted us multiple times prior to the wedding to ensure all details were finalized. When we arrived at the reception, he was prompt to greet us to outline the flow of the evening. Our reception had 350 people and Ryan's equipment sounded fantastic, even in the large room we had reserved. Ryan was definitely worth every penny and, without a doubt, we would highly recommend Ryan and DJ513.com to anyone planning a special occasion!!

Ryan - Thanks for making our reception special and FUN!!!

Jeremy & Elizabeth

Sent on 08/23/2012

DJ Ryan Kellinghaus's reply:

Jeremy and Elizabeth - Thank you for your glowing review. Your reception was spectacular. You, your friends, your family and your guests were so much fun! The most memorable moment of your reception was when Elizabeth's brothers made a grand entrance inside of a giant Trojan horse. It was one of the most unique moments of my career. The Trojan horse was the size of a Volkswagen Beetle! I cued up a Ben Hur title track as the enormous Trojan horse was wheeled into the banquet room and onto the dance floor. All of Elizabeth's brothers emerged from the horse dressed in costume as I mixed into "I Like To Move It" by Reel 2 Real. Guests joined them on the dance floor for a special choreographed dance unlike anything I've seen. I look forward to celebrating with you at another wedding soon!!!!

We originally booked DJ Brian Childs through 513 DJ about a year before our wedding due to the good things we heard about him. He was one of our top choices so we booked early to ensure we'd have the DJ we want. Well, unfortunately Brian canceled on us about 7 weeks before the wedding. As you can guess, this set off a mini panic but Ryan Kellinghaus really did handle the situation great and in a professional manner. Since many DJ's were already booked, we decided to stay with 513DJ and use DJ Jake who was still available.

Jake did a good job, specifically with working the dancefloor, but there were other issues that could/should have been avoided. First, he didn't seem fully prepared the day of. I had emailed a timeline of the night to him a week prior and the day of he told me he couldn't open the file so I had to recall it from memory to him the day of. I sent it early so he could look it over for issues but he never bothered to even open the file. The rest of the night I'm going off guest comments since I was too busy talking to guests the night of. One commented that they thought Jake and his assistant were goofing off too much during the cocktail hour and had a table full of drinks from the bar. Another complained that he was pushing back on requests as he didn't want to wear the guests out. We specifically told Jake to go with what the guests request and want so it was disappointing to hear that. I'm not sure if it's due to being unprepared or a technical issue, but Jake was not ready for our grand entrance. There was a long, akward silence... around a minute... before the bridal party entrance and again before our entrance as if he had to search for the songs and didn't have them queued up. Finally, his announcements left something to be desired. They were all quick and to the point and didn't engage the crowd. If I was throwing another party, I don't think I'd use Jake as our DJ.

So, with those complaints why did I still rate 5 stars? Simply because I stand behind Ryan Kellinghaus and his company. He really was very helpful and understanding of our concerns when we needed to find a replacement. He was willing to do anything he needed to in order to keep us happy. His wife even came out the day of to make sure everything was fine and see if there was anything she could help with. If I had to do it over again, I simply would have booked Ryan himself from the start. He is the utmost professional.

Sent on 08/08/2012

DJ Ryan Kellinghaus's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words about my professionalism and my company in general. I take my job incredibly seriously, and was deeply disturbed that there was even a remote problem with Jake at Cheryl and Ryan's wedding. Because of this, Jake no longer works with 513DJ. I value every bride’s review of my business, and will always take them very seriously. Our reputation is incredibly strong and positive, and we strive to keep it that way, which is why we worked attentively with Cheryl and Ryan. If any future brides would like to speak with me personally about any concerns you may have regarding this review, I am more than happy to answer your questions and reassure you that this is not characteristic of the work that we do. We have a strict no drinking policy and we work with each of our brides to customize music and an itinerary unique to their vision. I will gladly provide more details for you regarding the unusual emergency with DJ Brian, as well as our offer of a 125% refund. Our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and our 2012 Weddingwire award is a reflection of our commitment to every bride we work with. Thank you again for your excellent rating!